Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Kerli album 2016

+30
stargirlstrike
Little Phoenix
Lilee
KJ
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Chemical
t0m
Liisu
phantom1701
ferdzzz
AennilLinnEa
SilverSwirl
moonchildmick
Al.Tenshi
Alcyone
blue pink skies
TanyaMinxy
Zeanith
moonchildaustin
zeeke starz
Natt
KuuLaps
mimi
Leeni.
EetuJaKeijut
Up♥Up♥Up
Street Halo
ShadowViolin
Krissy
AlannaBubblegoth
34 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

New Kerli album 2016 - Page 4 Empty Re: New Kerli album 2016

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:54 am

Think you are right about that Phantom. Sad but true. I think my time of being a fan as come to a bitter end. Feel like im saying  good bye to a friend.  Sad  Wink 

Kerli won't make much money on 1 or 2 songs a year. I don't think will get a EPS either,
Being a fan isn't fun anymore.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:42 am

So i guess maybe her deal with (UltraMusic) was just to be a song writer for other people. Also putting out a few singers a year? If that's the case. She's getting taken for a ride.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:21 am

Damn. So pessimistic  Sad Sad Maybe we'll get a single, and then the Christmas EP we were promised in 2013?

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:56 am

What Christmas EP?

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:59 am

She said she wanted to release an EP around Christmas when she had 4 solid tracks, that was in 2013 awhile after she joined Ultra I think.  Maybe early November?  But who knows, maybe she'll end up doing it this year instead.  Makes me kinda sad people are giving up... I feel like something big might happen soon.  And like she pointed out on Twitter, a "solo single" is a collaboration too, the producer just isn't listed in the title  Cool Cool We know there are collaborations with AFSHeeN, tyDi, W&W, Phutureprimitiv, SETHH, Don Diablo, Hector Fonseca, Felix Snow, and possibly more that we don't know about. Plus she's been in the studio with AFSHeeN so many times, I wouldn't doubt if they have an entire EP recorded.

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Oh! That would have been nice to be given a Christmas EP. I guess i kind of have given up on her. It just seems like Everything turns out to be a "Empty Promise" from here. But who knows now!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:07 am

-.- thats crap. And she even said that's how it goes these days. But honestly none of the other artists that I follow are doing that. None.
I'm not saying that no one is doing things like that, but "that's how it goes these days" is just not true.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:05 am

I know we aren't getting any solo music this year. She isn't doing anything. Also, I'm pretty annoyed with the fact that she constantly overhypes her own music. Worlds Apart is NOT "magical" or "ethereal". It's generic and has no value (to me, at least). It just sucks. I feel like her day job is posting selfies on Facebook and Instagram. Not interested. When something is actually announced, I'll be back.
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:23 am

Actually that is her job, buzznet crap. I know how you feel cause I feel the same.
Generic is the word I should have used when I was talking about Worlds apart being similar to the other stuff that's on the radio these days. Nothing special indeed. It's an OK track, but can't hold a candle to let's say Army of Angels. Man, do I miss those songs. Dragonfly, All the way.... *.* <3 She lost that magic.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:25 am

??? damn what radio station you guys listening to???? i would literally die to hear more songs like worlds apart

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:24 am

Street Halo wrote: I know we aren't getting any solo music this year. She isn't doing anything. Also, I'm pretty annoyed with the fact that she constantly overhypes her own music. Worlds Apart is NOT "magical" or "ethereal". It's generic and has no value (to me, at least). It just sucks. I feel like her day job is posting selfies on Facebook and Instagram. Not interested. When something is actually announced, I'll be back.

I agree with you. Her music is really LOTS it's true magical feel to it. Most of her new music is a little boring & Sounds a lot like all the Mainstream music that is out. The only magical Thing about her is the pictures or videos she does. Yeah I don't really know if for sure we will get solo music from here.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:45 pm

i NEVER heard any radio station's in Canada playing her music. When it's mainstream enough to be played.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:33 am

Mainstream and generic.
I do really want to hear her new stuff (written by Kerli herself & for herself). She said it's different than the stuff she writes for others. So I would love to hear what's different about it.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:54 am

Me too

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:03 pm

moonchildaustin wrote:???  damn what radio station you guys listening to????  i would literally die to hear more songs like worlds apart

Seriously! I do think that Keep It Close has way more of that magical sound that I was hoping for but I have never heard anything like Worlds Apart on the radio still. It's nothing but Iggy Azalea (rap) and Lorde (pop). We have like, maybe one electronic-ish song on the mainstream radio here XD
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Well I here a lot of Mainstream music on the radio in Canada. Like K$esha, Katy Perry Lorde ECT

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:12 pm

lmao @ chillstep being compared to kesha, katy perry, and lorde

New Kerli album 2016 - Page 4 Kermit10

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:38 pm

moonchildaustin wrote:lmao @ chillstep being compared to kesha, katy perry, and lorde

New Kerli album 2016 - Page 4 Kermit10

All those singers are electronic artists, and "chillstep" is a sub genre of electronic music so I don't see why it's odd for some people to compare them. If you're not an expert on all the sub genres then of course you'd think them similar. Nothing wrong with that.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:48 pm

thats like saying germans and spaniards are both europeans so its natural to confuse them... comparing chillstep to pop/electropop/synthpop is a maaaaajor reach...

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Too me all the "Popular" Music sounds almost the same to me. Razz 

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:12 pm

moonchildaustin wrote:thats like saying germans and spaniards are both europeans so its natural to confuse them... comparing chillstep to pop/electropop/synthpop is a maaaaajor reach...

Okay, lets use your example. Looking at someone you may not be able to tell if they are German or Spanish at first unless you're familiar with distinct characteristics that would tell them apart (i.e. language, facial featured, etc.) Otherwise you'd look at them and just think European, which isn't incorrect or meant to be insulting. That's basically what I meant about the genre.

It's great that you're into electronic music and can tell different sub genres apart, but not everyone is going to and that doesn't make their personal opinion about if they like it or not to be less valid. New music sub genres are being made up all the time, but the fact is that they still come from a wider genre that's much easier to compare too since a lot of sub genres are fad based and don't stick around very long anyway.

Personally I wouldn't compare this style with Kesha, Lorde, or Katy Perry, but honestly I can still see why people would. Lots of mainstream artists are incorporating elements from all types of electronic sub genres, and it's easy to get them confused if you're not into electronic music in the first place. So yes, I can see where people are coming from when they say songs like Worlds Apart sound generic or mainstream to them. And that's their opinion if they feel that way. Like I said, nothing wrong with that.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I hope that cleared up what I meant.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:49 am

Lilee wrote:
moonchildaustin wrote:thats like saying germans and spaniards are both europeans so its natural to confuse them... comparing chillstep to pop/electropop/synthpop is a maaaaajor reach...

Okay, lets use your example. Looking at someone you may not be able to tell if they are German or Spanish at first unless you're familiar with distinct characteristics that would tell them apart (i.e. language, facial featured, etc.) Otherwise you'd look at them and just think European, which isn't incorrect or meant to be insulting. That's basically what I meant about the genre.

It's great that you're into electronic music and can tell different sub genres apart, but not everyone is going to and that doesn't make their personal opinion about if they like it or not to be less valid. New music sub genres are being made up all the time, but the fact is that they still come from a wider genre that's much easier to compare too since a lot of sub genres are fad based and don't stick around very long anyway.

Personally I wouldn't compare this style with Kesha, Lorde, or Katy Perry, but honestly I can still see why people would. Lots of mainstream artists are incorporating elements from all types of electronic sub genres, and it's easy to get them confused if you're not into electronic music in the first place. So yes, I can see where people are coming from when they say songs like Worlds Apart sound generic or mainstream to them. And that's their opinion if they feel that way. Like I said, nothing wrong with that.

Sorry for the lengthy reply, but I hope that cleared up what I meant.

Thank you for this long answer tho, this is how I feel about the whole thing and thank you for explaining it.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:06 am

Thank you for your answer. Well said.  Smile Smile Lilee

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:28 am

i really dont wanna turn this into some kind of debate thread but you're still ignoring that there are huuuuge differences between pop derivatives and chillstep.  electronic is too diverse of a genre to say "well, lorde is pop, and pop is mainstream and electronic and i hate it, therefore, this chillstep is generic and mainstream and basic and rubbish and i am 100% disappointed in kerli."  that's not how it works.  there is no feel-good "well its my opinion!!! uwu i think all electronic genres are teh same!! XD" business.  

i know urban dictionary isn't the most reliable source, but in this case, it was the only one i could find without scouring the depths of the internet.  
A musical genre composed of dubstep tracks with chill undertones. Low bass, slow beats, add a female's voice to the hook and you've got some chill step.

not a very in-depth description, but that doesn't sound very much like pop, does it?  but it does sound an awful lot like worlds apart.  according to wiki (better then urban dictionary, right?):

As a genre, pop music is very eclectic, often borrowing elements from other styles including urban, dance, rock, Latin and country; nonetheless, there are core elements which define pop. Such include generally short-to-medium length songs, written in a basic format (often the verse-chorus structure), as well as the common employment of repeated choruses, melodic tunes, and catchy hooks.

So-called "pure pop" music, such as power pop, features all these elements, using electric guitars, drums and bass for instrumentation; in the case of such music, the main goal is usually that of being pleasurable to listen to, rather than having much artistic depth. Pop music is generally thought of as a genre which is commercially recorded and desires to have a mass audience appeal.

pop music that "borrows from" genres like dubstep is still pop.  it's just pop that borrows from dubstep.  same goes for pop that borrows from all other genres.  a pop song with a thick, wobbly bass is in the hook is just a pop song with a thick, wobbly bass in the hook.  i guess if you want to kid yourself into thinking sub-genres are irrelevant and the only thing that matters is that it's all "electronic", that's ok, but it hurts to see people compare kerli to artists that they dont like in a desperate attempt to justify their opinion.  you dont have to justify your opinion.  and as to not being familiar with subgenres:  congratulations.  you are now familiar with subgenres  Smile 

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:21 am

@moonchildaustin-

there are huuuuge differences between pop derivatives and chillstep

electronic is too diverse of a genre

I believe you and and I understand. My point was not to disprove that chillstep isn't unique in it's sound. Like I said, I would not personally compare Kerli to any of the artists mentioned. But ALL music genres are diverse and let's face it, not everyone is going to be able to categorize every song into these small sub genres. I bet no one listened to Kerli's "Love is Dead" and though right off the bat, "well of course this is bubblegoth". She was thrown under alternative and people compared her to artists like Evanescence, which to people who are very keen on sub genres probably wouldn't agree with either. But at the same time it fit, since both of these artists did fall under the larger genre of alternative. Using this example, even if you don't like Evanescence, there is no reason to feel insulted by the comparison though it may not be the best one.

but it hurts to see people compare kerli to artists that they dont like in a desperate attempt to justify their opinion.

I'm sorry that you felt offended by people comparing Kerli to artists that you don't personally like, but again, they are technically in the same category though you may not agree with that comparison. What I mean is, I don't think anyone meant it as an insult. They're just drawing a comparison using an example that would be widely understood.

pop music that "borrows from" genres like dubstep is still pop

But you say that as if dubstep is an entity that originated from itself, when still, it originated from a larger electronic genre. Current pop music is also influenced by electronic music at the moment, so they are coming from the same place so to speak. Not exactly the same as I think we both already agree on, but people who are not experts on the genre will still lump them together occasionally (as annoying as it may seem to fans of the genre). But that's life and everyone is free to interpret art differently and have their opinion, expert or not. I'm pretty sure everyone has that one genre they dislike and dislike anything that sounds even remotely similar (I'm that way with rap and country music to be honest lol). Thanks for your explanation on "chillstep" though. Personally that's a new one for me, so at least I'll be able to understand it better if I hear it.

I actually like a good debate, so I hope you guys don't mind us going too off topic <.<; Maybe a mod could move these posts to a more appropriate thread if you think it's too off topic?
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:51 am

but it hurts to see people compare kerli to artists that they dont like in a desperate attempt to justify their opinion
Justify? Why do you think that we are trying to justify our opinion? It's an opinion and I'm sorry if you can't or won't accept it, but it is what it is. I'm sure Evanescence and Nightwish sound the same to a lot of people, but I really don't care about that and I'm not trying to convince people that those bands are very very different (hell, they are not even the same genre). I'm sure that to them it sounds the same and I really don't mind, it probably does have similar elements.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:08 pm

I wasn't really comparing Kerli to other people. I was just simply saying. I here a lot of "Mainstream" music on the raido. Kerli's music is becoming more mainstream to me. Anways, they all really sound the same to. I'M sorry if i was comparing them.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:03 pm

i cant do an indepth reply rn bc i dont have access to a computer, but basically:

i actually love kesha, katy perry, and lorde, but im smart enough to be able to tell that the ones comparing kerli to them are doing it to insinuate that kerlis new music is basic/geberic/boring and that brings me back to how people feel the need to justify their opinion when i honestly dont care if you hh dont like kerlis new music lmao just dont paint her with this "mainstream" brush as if it sucks because its agreeable and not just six and a half minutes of melodic farting or something.

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:44 pm

I didn't really know "Pop Music had all theses  genres " Anyways!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:59 am

Dude, I think you got us all wrong. No one was trying to insult Kerli or whatever. I personally don't feel any sort of need to justify what I think or how I feel or what I said. So let me say again: TO ME Kerlis new stuff sounds mainstream. Whether it is or isn't I obviously don't know cause I'm apparently not smart enough to tell the difference and don't really care. And I am not really sure how knowing if her new music is mainstream or not will change my opinion that it sounds mainstream.

And if you don't think it is, I am very glad. I'm glad that not everyone thinks her old stuff was way better than this (again, in MY opinion).

EDIT: I do hope though that her new-new album (or whatever) will have some of that LID magic that Utopia doesn't have.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 am

I do happen to think Kerli's new music sounds mainstream. I think Her old sound was more rockish pop sounds. That's my opinion.

Well said Little Phoenix

NOT everyone knows the different types of pop sounds.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:13 pm

mainstream isnt a genre and it isnt necessarily pop

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:21 pm

Oh.

Last edited by Krissy on Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:04 am

No one said that it is.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:42 pm

I'm with you, moonchildaustin! But I think we'll all have to agree to disagree. Everyone has different tastes in music. There are a lot of songs and artists that other members here like that I don't see the appeal of but I know that we can't change each others' minds =P
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:00 am

Yes! Let's Agree to disagree. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:03 am

I think that's what Lilee was trying to say in that long post in the first place Very Happy
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 pm

^ Yeah, pretty much, but I think I made it worse ^^; I think stargirlstrike summed it up much better than I did (and much shorter).
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:09 pm

You didn't make it worse. It's okay. It's good we all have our own opinnons

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:21 am

Yeah, I think this forum would be very boring if we didn't have our own opinions. And with less active members now it's sort of rare that we have in depth discussions about Kerli's music.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:08 am

Very true indeed. I'M not shy to say if i don't like something of her's

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:45 am

Okay but Kerli's (newer) music IS generic. Very generic actually. Any 20 dollar bimbo with a record deal could be producing Kerli's current music and we'd be unable to make out the difference. Also, what on earth is chillstep? Not everything needs an obscure label. Either way, if it actually is "chillstep", then it's doing an awful job becase both Worlds Apart and Keep It Close aggravate me to no end. This is just how I see this whole thing & I'm not trying to bash Kerli or anyone here.
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:06 am

Street Halo wrote:Okay but Kerli's (newer) music IS generic. Very generic actually. Any 20 dollar bimbo with a record deal could be producing Kerli's current music and we'd be unable to make out the difference. Also, what on earth is chillstep? Not everything needs an obscure label. Either way, if it actually is "chillstep", then it's doing an awful job becase both Worlds Apart and Keep It Close aggravate me to no end. This is just how I see this whole thing & I'm not trying to bash Kerli or anyone here.

Good point. That's pretty much how i see it too. To me she is doing the same type of music as other popular pop stars. That's how it looks to me.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:45 am

again, what isnt generic?? couldnt a 20 dollar bimbo with a record deal, good producers & cowriters, etc. make any genre? chillstep isnt an obscure label, i literally explained what it was lmao yall have no chill

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:02 am

No. What you are doing is very childish. Let us have our opinion and be ok with it. There are people on this forum that share your opinion about Kerlis new stuff, but are mature enough to accept that not everyone thinks the same and don't go crazy about ppl calling kerlis music generic and mainstream. And they don't think that we are stupid because we don't know what chillstep is. It's not like we care anyway.

And no, not every genre has THAT MANY producers and songwriters who would sell their stuff to 20 dollar bimbo.They would tell her to f++k off. By this, I don't mean that some genres are shitty in general, cuz in every genre you can find good artists. But majority of shitty artists are making mainstream music just because it's popular. And that's where money is.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:15 am

how am i not letting you have an opinion exactly and how is this mainstream if its been played on the radio exactly 0 times to my knowledge what even is generic??  anything you dont like???  how is chillstep mainstream if none of you had a clue it existed and simply thought all electronic music is basically just pop? how could a 6+ minute song without a verse-chorus or other "mainstream" structure be mainstream?

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:51 am

Here we go again. We are so stupid cuz we don't know what chillstep is.
Ok. Let's say song X is mainstream, because it's being played on the radio very often. And song Y is not being played at all. To me, song Y sounds very much like song X, therefore, to me, song Y sounds mainstream. Whether it is or isn't is not something I know or even care about.

And you are not letting us have an opinion by telling us that our opinion is wrong. Don't act like you know everything. No one does.

And I'm sorry for being harsh, but the nice way obviously didn't work since we are still arguing.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:56 am

i think you think "this song is generic/mainstream" is an opinion its really not

yes!!! "u dont know what chillstep is so ur stupid" is exactly what im saying!!! A+ reading comprehension skills congratulations u win

moonchildaustin

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:58 am

Very Happy You just need to grow up.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildaustin Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:59 am

sure