Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerli on the new album

+17
joseph325625
Poetic
catloafwithpotato
Little Phoenix
Sunnech
blackpixiedust
Claudia
kurokai
mimi
Liisu
electric_rhino
Natt
TheLastSongbird
Krissy
out of the hollow
loonylovegood
MoonChildLuis
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kerli on the new album Empty Formspring Q 2

Post by MoonChildLuis Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:00 pm

Q) I remeber you saying that one of your songs is inspired by your mom, is that one gonna be on the album if not will it be a free download

A)it's my second single

Heres more of what she thinks about it, someone else asked this question

Q)Wich song in your album do you concider the most genuine?
A)They are all genuine..if I wasn't feeling it, it wouldn't go on my album. However, there are like 3 or 4 that are just heartbreaking. One of them is my second single. I really think this song could change peoples lives.

Last edited by MoonChildLuis on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

http://www.myspace.com/siberian777

Back to top Go down

Kerli on the new album Empty Re: Kerli on the new album

Post by Guest Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:10 pm

wow! looks forward to the songs.

Back to top Go down

Post by loonylovegood Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Oh, I remember when she tweeted about writing that song a few months ago. It's about how her mom was abused I think, and I'm excited to hear it. I think it will be beautiful
loonylovegood
loonylovegood

Back to top Go down

Kerli on the new album Empty Kerli on the new album

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:34 pm

hey kerli! i just wanted to know, what was different about when you where writing this album and your old one? and also, when you become famous and tour the world.. don't forget about canada! edmonton in alberta please come!
Hi.
My first album I did over like 5 years and I had a very vague idea what I wanted to do. I think I wanted to do metal...and then I wanted to do ambient...and then I was put together with every producer in the world and their grandma so my vision got very very diluted. I'm glad I hooked up with Lester and we did "walking on air"...without that single and that visual, I think I would have way less identity right now.
I was very depressed and in a crazy struggle mode all the time so u can hear that on the album with a little bit of light shining through. "Love is Dead" doesn't really sound very inviting, does it:P Hahaha. However, I'm glad I did it the way I did because I truly didn't compromise anything at a time and got to have the full control on the visual. I fought a lot of battles to be more edgy than the average pop artist and do some cool visual stuff. and I'm glad I fought some battles so I don't have to fight them on the new album.
I'm in a whole different head space now. I don't really smoke weed anymore and have eliminated everyone that doesn't inspire me to be a better person and a better artist from my life.
So this new album comes from a really focused energy and I created a concept and stuck with it throughout all the writing. I was so inspired and wrote and produced a lot by myself... I sorta got pushed in the corner because I realized I had to make a strong pop record that my label could work on the radio as well. The last time I ignored radio completely, I just didn't understand how labels work.
So, although I was sorta pushed in the corner, something cracked open inside me and made me write and write until what I wanted to say also sounded catchy. I set the bar very high for myself - if whatever I was working on, didn't haunt me to death or didn't come back to me over and over again, I didn't even turn it in. I pretty much wanted to make an album where every song could be single worthy and really go for it full on. I had some real tough moments making this album and some really inspiring moments where I was truly given a song from a different dimension, just flowing through my body. Alltogether, I think u guys are gonna love this new album a lot. I'm trying to not alienate all the people that are fans already but also wanna create something more pop, so I can make a lot of new fans.
I really tried to mix the best of both worlds - creative soundscapes with catchy tunes. Happy and over the top fun stuff mixed in with some quite heavy concepts and sensitive topics. I like to think this record is gonna be like a good friend...someone u can go and party with but also have deep conversations with.
Long rant, I know...just couldn't figure out how to make it shorter.
xxx

Hi Smile What are your biggest inspirations and influences on the new album?
I can't give you all the details yet but I put most of the emphasis on the songwriting. There's a LOT of fun stuff on it but there are also some deeper stuff about not belonging and domestic violence for example. I put a lot of energy into the lyrics so that it's conceptual and if u just read the lyrics, I hope that it feels like some sort of modern day poetry.
The soundscape was equally important. It's mostly electronic with some organic elements. I have a harp in my band now so there's that element on some of the songs. I'm also learning to play harp so that's gonna be exciting.
This album sounds like bubblegoth...I think I've found a perfect mixture of pop and alternative, dark and light. The first single is very pop. However, it's not about the same stuff everyone is singing about and it has some magical things about it that is gonna be fun to discover. I wrote a killer video treatment for it and I'm already making props, spray painting stuff and making accessories for the video Razz Very Happy Smile
We're mixing the first single on monday and then it's up to the label how fast they can get it on the radio. It may take some time so don't freak out if it does. "Just dance" took 9 months to be played in the radio. "Tik Tok" took 4 months. It may take a long time. Ir it may not.
They have decided on the second single as well...it's something I wrote and produced completely by myself. We had another team put a few touches on it that took it to the next level in the end and my A&R challenged me to rewrite some lyrics until the song was completely descriptive and painted a picture but that song is truly my baby and I think it's the best song I've ever written. I can't say what it's about but I put myself in my mothers body for it and wrote it from her perspective. Once it comes out, I will tell you something about my life that I haven't talked about yet. The melody for this song came to me in a dream...I only wrote the lyrics. It was one of these perfect divine moments I live for. When I just get to be the channel.

Dear Kerli,the first thing I want to tel you is,you're prefect,really.Your opinions,your style,your music(I don't like when someone call it pop,the 1st pop meaning is to have biggest commercial success) keep be like this and some day come to czech rep.♥️I really wanna have commercial success this time. I wanna play to a lot of people. I want people to know my songs. I wanna make them happy. It's the first time ever that I have this mindset. I used to always be in this struggle mode, suspicious and hating on everyone, thinking they just wanna use me to make money.
Being popular is not bad if your intention is good. I'm not gonna sing about fucking in the club. Ever. I will try to inspire and do my best in a way that the radio will play it as well.
Bubblegoth is coming <3

Kellu, you've already said that you first sing is called "A...", so can you tell us the first letter of the second and third single also?
s and the third single we don't know yet.Razz
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Vespertine is an amaizing photographer! Will he continue to do all your pics?
Yes. He's gonna shoot my album cover as well, I think. I already know what it's gonna look like:)

YAY Your single has to come out withing the next 2-6 weeks u said late july-early august woo hooooooooooooo finallly yay woo hooooo yay lolNow they're thinking another song for the first single instead. Which would be epic for me because it's something I did by myself. Let's see.

is there a reason why there stalling your music for so long?
It's just how major labels work and I can't really change that at this point.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:00 am

i can't waite to here the songs. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:00 am

The long wait for this single is going to be sooo worth it Very Happy I can't wait for it to be over! I hope it doesn't take 9 months to be played on the radio...
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:22 pm

it be heaven to be at the mall and here her song..That make me day!! Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:11 pm

I'll cry a river if your album don't come out this year DDDDDD:

I'm sure plenty of material will come out from me this year to keep u happy. 100% sure.
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:27 pm

aaww really i thought this album was going to be full on light like sure some dark but focused on love and happy things LIGHT and i mean pure light like GOD light concepts but y deeper and disturbing how could happy things be disturbing ...its not light?
it is. it's very, very empowering.

I AM SO EXCITEEEEED.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:57 am

wow! Looking foward to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:18 pm

iam so proud of her..She is sticking up for what she want's.... Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:55 pm

More album and single news:

We know that you'll put the final touchs on you single, but it have been made by you some weeks ago. So, your album is ready?
I really feel like it's ready. I have all the songs. Most of them are fully ready and done but some still need some elements in the production. I will tweak everything on the album once the 1st single is out. That was sorta the main focus lately. To make sure we have THAT song. That ultimate kerli song that sounds like a hit but doesn't compromise an inch of integrity.

but if you have to go all the way to London to do your single it's going to take so much longer. We're sick of being patient Kerli, why won't your label just put something out already?
It has to be the right thing. It needs to KILL. No one is fucking around anymore.

Do you see the single being done & out by time September ends?
i think it would be realistic. sept-oct.

what's the first letter of the first single? Is it still A?
no.

kerli, music and sound changes, but you are more than a music artist. If you lose what you have spiritually i dont see your real fans growing with you. You may gain more fans but they have no meaning...they just like your music and your sexy body.
There's more spirituality and message on my new album than on my old one. It's gonna be amazing.

so the song with "A" gonna still on the album?
I don't want it to be. Got better shit.

Last edited by out of the hollow on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : 1 more question added. And then another one. :P)
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Kerli wrote:To make sure we have THAT song. That ultimate kerli song that sounds like a hit but doesn't compromise an inch of integrity.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:37 am

she changed her first single...wounder what it is now..

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by electric_rhino Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Most beautiful song ever made, in your opinion?
My 1st or 2nd single from the new album. we haven't decided yet what number single it's gonna be. But it's so beautiful.

What about your father? You don't speak so much of him, he still alive?
We're not close. There's a story with him and I wrote a song about it for my new album. Ill tell u when this song comes out as a single. It's probably my 3rd single.

I have 2 q's 1) how many songs are gonna be on your album. 2) how many demos/ B sides are there for the album? I know ur last had alot like dragonfly, They Forgive, Not A Barbie Doll, Yes I Can, ect...
All the songs u named were not B-sides. They were tracks I did for the album but didn't make it on the album and someone leaked them. Some of them I leaked myself because I just needed people to hear them.
I think it's gonna be like 11-13 songs and I'm preparing 3-4 b sides that are really good.
electric_rhino
electric_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:11 am

Very Happy Very Happy sounds awesome

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:25 pm

can you say your biggest inspirations for your new album? comes from pain, happiness, or a little of both? Please, send kisses for me (@Caiodeamorim) e for Brazil ♥ xxoo

it comes from extreme emotions. a lot of the inspiration comes from struggle but I've wanted to mix that with some euphoric stuff. For this album, I had a very clear idea of how it needed to sound and what elements had to be part of the production so I did massive amounts of research and listened to tons of weirdest shit from the past and from the future:). I'll tell u all about it when it comes out.

How many words is the title of your new album?

I really don't wanna say it... 10.said it.
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Liisu Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:33 am

anyone knows is the album gonna be released in this year?
Liisu
Liisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:51 am

I don't know but I feel that 2011
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Liisu Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:09 am

KerliKoivPoland wrote:I don't know but I feel that 2011

I hope not Sad
Liisu
Liisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:19 am

It's suppose to come this year right?

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:18 pm

My dream is album in this year, but are only 3 months... I don't know when will be new album Kerli.. but I wait in singiel
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:53 am

Q: Is your new album called Bubblegoth that's 10 letters

A: it's not called bubblegoth...although i wouldn't hate that either

Back to top Go down

Post by Liisu Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:55 am

Very Happy I knew she liked it
Liisu
Liisu

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:13 am

i doubt we'll get the album this year. we'll be lucky if we hear the first single this year.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kurokai Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:30 am

miau it was suposed to comme out long time ago the new singel ...
but anyway s I don t think it only depends on kerli and anyway s if you do something do it well so it can even take years for a new album to come out ...
like tool does btw I thing they are also making a new album Oo...but I m not shore ...
(ow a friend of mine want s me to sell my moon cards for a donnation ^^ that would be nice I ll probably make some more of them or even a whole set of tarot cards ...so at the same time I could make some kerli promotion ^^)
kurokai
kurokai

http://alex-ignatius.over-blog.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:25 pm

so mybe earliy next year then?

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:48 pm

^ That does seem more likely now. A year later than Kerli originally hoped -_- I can't imagine how she's feeling about constantly having things pushed back and delayed. It must be infuriating for her. It shows that she's determined to get her music out there one way or another though!
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:37 pm

I just hope she can get her album out soon and the way she want's it.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liisu Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:55 am

Do you think your label's being slow in order to take advantage of the Halloween season? I'm assuming you've still got your creepy style?

Kerli:
there's a huge political change going on in the label so they're slow with things that don't instantly make money but we're setting up and gonna release something very very soon. My first single is gonna get the right push.
Liisu
Liisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Liisu Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:09 am

The new album is already 99% finished, lacking only final adjustments?

K:
Prettymuch.

haha I totally forgot about those poem things, roses are dead, the violets are too, if I knew where you lived you'd be dead too. pretty morid, why did being high make you depressed?

K:
The little creepy girl was my persona for the last album. This album will have a new persona, new voice, new sound, new outlook. I think I'm always gonna make concept albums.

We will be able to buy this setup track like a normal song right? Do you think it'll be on iTunes?

K:
it will be.

A whole month for just the setup single? Do you predict any of the new content to come out sooner or like a Ustream chat really soon, pleeaseee? I.L.U.

K:
yes! next week. we're doing this one thing that u guys are gonna be happy about and I don't wanna do a ustream until it's ready.
Liisu
Liisu

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:46 am

Kerli's been putting off her first Ustream chat for ages too. I hope this really exciting thing will be ready this week, so she can chat with us again. I've missed her Sad

I wonder if the thing she's hinting at is this song she's written about us Moon Children. Maybe she'll be talking about it in her next chat. Maybe she'll even sing it for us! Very Happy
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:16 am

Yeah :]

And Yay hopefully I am still on my holiday break so I can watch the Ustream chat
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:51 am

well i hope it's soon,Can't waite for that single. And of course her live chat

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by blackpixiedust Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:20 pm

I just hope I'm not working when she does the chat. I really miss Kyte. :/
blackpixiedust
blackpixiedust

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:57 pm

is your new album more pure and light? I feel like you need to get back in touch with some light ness
Yes. A lot of light. It's a very strong album. It's mostly about overcoming the darkness in me..overcoming blaming the world for what's wrong...taking responsibility, being inspired and inspiring others. And it's BUBBLEGOTH as hell. <3
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:23 pm

The new album sounds awesome. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:10 pm

How "poppy" is the least poppy song on the album?
It's all poppy but the soundscapes are totally fantastical and the concepts are not poppy. I think It's gonna be totally different from anything else out there.

out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnech Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:44 pm

wow.. awesome.. i can't wait.. wiiiii ..!!

Sunnech

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:59 pm

poppy what sells today!! Smile

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by electric_rhino Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:35 am

Kerli i hope bubblegoth isn't so pop i don't like it. i mean i like some pop music but i listen to mostly rock and expermental music and dramatic music and i loved love is dead and i'm just not sure about that clip i heard..
Don't worry. I have just enough treats for all the Love Is Dead fans on this album as well. Some stuff might be more poppy but if it is, I wrote it so it's something I wanna say.
I really believe in this new album so I truly hope u will like it.

Army of Love is gonna be like a Christmas present from me to all the MoonChildren out there. It's gonna be a tiny flavor for you to have in your ipods until I drop the real first single in the new year.

I.L.U
electric_rhino
electric_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post by electric_rhino Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:42 am

Bubblegoth isn't something you "came up with". The Japanese have been doing EXACTLY your thing for years.Not really. If you see all the pics to come and hear all the music and see all the ingredients, it's a mix of unlikely things. The ingridients, of course, aren't original. I get a lot of inspiration from Japanese Street fashion but less for this that I have for other stuff. BubbleGoth goes to a whole different continent. U'll see.Smile

is it just me or kerli is getting more & more attacked on formspring?
I have been going trough the questions and I've read 4 attack-ey ones on 2 days. Haters. pff
electric_rhino
electric_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:26 pm

You know what Kerli says. When you have haters, you must be doing something right. So what she's doing with her music must be becoming more and more right Very Happy I like to think that her "rightness" is not only in her talent as an artist, but on a cosmic scale because of MoonChildren and I.L.U. We are strong. Haters can only try and get at Kerli with stupid, petty, negative comments. We will win Wink
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:02 pm

every good singer has her gang of Haters

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Will there be song on your new album that is a bit like Love is Dead? Right now I'm listening to Bulletproof by you, and I love that song. I don't want you Love is Dead era to be gone forever. I.L.U. <3

I think everything u expect from me, you're gonna get from this new album. I'm gonna have some singles for my label to work with which I didn't on LID, but they're completely me and the rest of the material is more dramatic and complicated. I think you're gonna dig it. I really need to get on the radio with this new album so u might hear some poppier stuff too but it's just like my sacrificial lamb that I need to kill so we'd be heard. Anyway, as I've always said, I'm not compromising anything and the singles are sick sick sick too like the more alternative stuff on the album:) I promise. I.L.U
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:44 pm

i love yyyyyaaaa....smileyface Smile

by the way guys...PLEASE don't leak my new unreleased music. The single and the album are so close...plus, If there's some demos I don't feel so precious about, I'll just leak it myself and will let u know. I'm even releasing free material like AOL to which I made a video that put a massive hole in my wallet - just so that you would have new material to listen to.
wait it out...let me give u decent versions of things...u know how important every detail is for me and how much I care...some things leaked are very rough, done on my laptop...not ready to be heard...I wanna represent everything with the artwork and surrounded by other stuff that makes it a full story all together. Plus you see how much ripping off is going on in the business...why would u wanna leak stuff and give some bigger artists a chance to rip my shit off? I've worked so hard on this new album, trying to come up with fresh sounds and fresh hooks, please don't leak it before it's out. PLEASE.

awwwwww singiel is so close <3
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:49 am

^^Just saw that, too. I hope people listen.
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

http://katloaf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:16 am

Wow!..I hope that people will repect kerli and stop leaking her stuff.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 am

First single will really come out this month?

It might. There are massive changes going on at my label right now and a lot of releases are being pushed back. A lot of artists are really frustrated as u can see some of their letters to the label have even leaked online... but it's gonna be fine...I have a strong support at the label and my team is killer....and if it's not, I will leak all this shit I've worked on for the past two years. Music first, business second...and me making art is not about a label knocking on my door, saying they need some songs now. I make music all day long no matter what. This is what I do and I will always release material, with or without a label. Anyway, I'm sure it will come out really soon..it's too bomb for them not to put it out.

will your album have some japanese sounds? anyway i know it will be great. (: i'm so curious about it!!!

it totally has that anime-cartoon element in the music...but it's just one of the elements...there are others too.

Your song about your father will be a single???

Definitely. It's probably the best song on the album
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next