Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of religion?

+6
Claudia
MoonChildLuis
PoeticAbomination(:
mile86
Krissy
Connor
10 posters

Go down

What do you think of religion? Empty What do you think of religion?

Post by Connor Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:36 am

This is kind of random, but I've always been really interested in expressing my own, as well as learning about other people's religious beliefs, and views on religion all together. My family is very Catholic, so I've had to go to church every Sunday for as long as I can remember. Even though I am technically a Catholic (having received multiple sacraments), I don't consider myself one. When I think about religion, there's always questions about everything; I always find contradictions in set religions. I consider myself a Moonchild more than anything, but don't consider myself to have any true religion. Catholics are taught to believe that there is only one god, but I think that everything humans think of already exists, because when you get right down to it, all religions are just ideas, or figments of our imagination. Furthermore, most religions are centered around doing good, so maybe the overall goal of goodness is expressed through different religions and gods?

Anyways, what do you think? I've always been very interested in religion, so please let me know what you believe in or don't believe in! Shocked Like a Star @ heaven
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

What do you think of religion? Empty Re: What do you think of religion?

Post by Krissy Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:09 am

Well,My family is christiens. & I've been going to church sence i was a little girl.I've been in youth group. I help in sunday school. I do believe in god. I just never made the step to become one. I don't know but i've been thinking about it from time to time. I know my grandmother would of want me to be one. I don't consider myself a very religions person.

I think religion is a good thing. If it makes the person happy. Very Happy We all have a right to believe in whatever we like has long has it's not hurting anyone.I Just wish that people could be more respectful with ppl and what they believe in.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by mile86 Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:13 am

Greeks are Orthodox Christians. We are being baptized at few months old, and it's a big deal, since it's really close to our tradition and ethics. I used to be really loyal, going to church and hings like that. After growing up, and reading a lot i came to the point to think that all that is crap.. It makes to me more sense the evolution story. Than the Adam and Eve. And since i'm terribly emotional about people, and kids, i could never imagine that there's a god that allows people to rape, kill and torture people, or children, without being punished (hell is way too far!!). Anyway, i think i'm agnostic. I don't know what's really going on. If there's a God, an Allah, a Budha, Zeus, Aliens, or nothing at all, I'm just trying to be the best person i can be, for me and the others... Smile I come to the conclution that people tend to make God anything that they can not explain/ Like thunder, rain, fire..etc...
mile86
mile86

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Krissy wrote:Well,My family is christiens. & I've been going to church sence i was a little girl.I've been in youth group. I help in sunday school. I do believe in god. I just never made the step to become one. I don't know but i've been thinking about it from time to time. I know my grandmother would of want me to be one. I don't consider myself a very religions person.

I think religion is a good thing. If it makes the person happy. Very Happy We all have a right to believe in whatever we like has long has it's not hurting anyone.I Just wish that people could be more respectful with ppl and what they believe in.

Yeah, I help with sunday school and my whole family is very involved at church. I agree that it does make people happy, but like you said, as long as it's not hurting anyone. I've found that a lot of times, people say that their god is the true one while others don't exist, but I don't really think that's fair.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:21 pm

mile86 wrote:Greeks are Orthodox Christians. We are being baptized at few months old, and it's a big deal, since it's really close to our tradition and ethics. I used to be really loyal, going to church and hings like that. After growing up, and reading a lot i came to the point to think that all that is crap.. It makes to me more sense the evolution story. Than the Adam and Eve. And since i'm terribly emotional about people, and kids, i could never imagine that there's a god that allows people to rape, kill and torture people, or children, without being punished (hell is way too far!!). Anyway, i think i'm agnostic. I don't know what's really going on. If there's a God, an Allah, a Budha, Zeus, Aliens, or nothing at all, I'm just trying to be the best person i can be, for me and the others... Smile I come to the conclution that people tend to make God anything that they can not explain/ Like thunder, rain, fire..etc...

Exactly! That's pretty much what I think too Smile! A lot of times when I ask difficult questions in religious meetings, I get the answer "because we just have to believe," or something along the lines of that. It really don't line up or make sense at all. That's why I consider myself a Moonchild more than anything, because it's not like a religion where you have to believe this and that, it's more of just a lifestyle you choose.
Connor
Connor

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Connor wrote:
Krissy wrote:Well,My family is christiens. & I've been going to church sence i was a little girl.I've been in youth group. I help in sunday school. I do believe in god. I just never made the step to become one. I don't know but i've been thinking about it from time to time. I know my grandmother would of want me to be one. I don't consider myself a very religions person.

Yeah, I help with sunday school and my whole family is very involved at church. I agree that it does make people happy, but like you said, as long as it's not hurting anyone. I've found that a lot of times, people say that their god is the true one while others don't exist, but I don't really think that's fair.

That's good and coool. We only have one "god" and many religions . Least so i believe.

what kind of pisses me of is the whole happy hoildays. Like merry christmas better. its always been that and it should stay that. I don't understand how ppl get offened with merry christmas/

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by PoeticAbomination(: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:38 pm

what kind of pisses me of is the whole happy hoildays. Like merry christmas better. its always been that and it should stay that. I don't understand how ppl get offened with merry christmas

I know! It's like they are jealous that they don't celebrate it or something, because they supposedly are for equality and all that, but they won't let us celebrate how WE want. We have to celebrate how THEY want us to. (not bashing anyone there, just speaking my opinion)
PoeticAbomination(:
PoeticAbomination(:

http://www.wattpad.com/user_profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:20 pm

MoonchildSadie.(:ILU wrote:
what kind of pisses me of is the whole happy hoildays. Like merry christmas better. its always been that and it should stay that. I don't understand how ppl get offened with merry christmas

I know! It's like they are jealous that they don't celebrate it or something, because they supposedly are for equality and all that, but they won't let us celebrate how WE want. We have to celebrate how THEY want us to. (not bashing anyone there, just speaking my opinion)

I really have to agree with you. I think it's very un-fair.Just cause some people hate christmas or don't celebrate expect other people to keep quit about it. People have every right to celebrate it. I think calling it a "hoilday" tree is getting quit too much. I'am sorry but just how i feel.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by PoeticAbomination(: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Waittt...they're calling it a holiday tree now?! Evil or Very Mad Mad Ohh. Emm. Geeeeeeeee. Kay, so I'm alright with them not celebrating the holidays and stuff, it's not really any of my business. But when they are so effing stuck up about it that they have to effect pretty much everyone's beliefs, traditions, and rituals, that is too. fucking. far. I'm sorry, but that's not okay with me. It makes me soo mad that they can clearly see an established belief system among basically everybody, and they go and cry, cry pity me about it because it 'offends them.' It's the same deal for me about when they wanted to put a moon&star on the American flag because they feel 'left out.' Erghhh. >.>
PoeticAbomination(:
PoeticAbomination(:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:06 pm

MoonchildSadie.(:ILU wrote:Waittt...they're calling it a holiday tree now?! Evil or Very Mad Mad Ohh. Emm. Geeeeeeeee. Kay, so I'm alright with them not celebrating the holidays and stuff, it's not really any of my business. But when they are so effing stuck up about it that they have to effect pretty much everyone's beliefs, traditions, and rituals, that is too. fucking. far. I'm sorry, but that's not okay with me. It makes me soo mad that they can clearly see an established belief system among basically everybody, and they go and cry, cry pity me about it because it 'offends them.' It's the same deal for me about when they wanted to put a moon&star on the American flag because they feel 'left out.' Erghhh. >.>

Ya, I heard that.but too iam proud to stand up to what i believe in.That's silly.other ppl just gotta runie things for others. its very silly. ppl have become over sentives.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by PoeticAbomination(: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Wayy oversensitive. lol
PoeticAbomination(:
PoeticAbomination(:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:56 pm

pretty much.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by mile86 Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:04 pm

We just need to believe in something to keep us strong and going on... For some people is God, for some others is just love, aliens, or the moon.. I'm going with love babyyyyy!!!
mile86
mile86

Back to top Go down

Post by PoeticAbomination(: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:11 pm

I'm goinnh with Kerlii<3 lol
PoeticAbomination(:
PoeticAbomination(:

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:38 pm

*moved to different section ILU*

I'm not so much into religion, I'm more into a relation with God. Everyone has a right to believe what they will, but when you use religion as a weapon with malice instead of one with love then it gets to me.
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

http://www.myspace.com/siberian777

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:11 pm

mile86 wrote:If there's a God, an Allah, a Budha, Zeus, Aliens, or nothing at all.

Actually Buddha does exist, he was the founder of Buddhism and a spiritual teacher named Siddhārtha Gautama. He was an Indian prince I think Very Happy There is no god in Buddhism.

I grew up as a Buddhist but I was raised up to be more open with other religions, at school the teachers ask my parents what scripture group should I particpate in and they asked that I do all three of them. That wasn't allowed of course, but I did bounce between the groups.

Being a Buddhist I have freedom to believe in other gods and traditions, there is no rule just a path to enlightenment. Which I love about it, I don't want to be weighed down with rules and beliefs. I believe in individuality and love, and it's sad to see religion swaying to the political side of things. I am fine with people being devoted to their religion but enforcing it on other people and using it as an excuse is just rude.

I'm getting around to explore new beliefs, I want to study Wiccan it's so spiritual and I love that but I will still believe in recarnation and evolution.
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:14 am

That's good

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildmaybelline Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 am

oh my. i totally know where your coming from. my dad's side of the family is soooo close minded catholic. my grandparents flipped and i mean FLIPPED. at me about not going to church one day. "without God in your life, Megan, you have. no life." is the comment my grandma said to me as i left her house in tears of so many emotions. I was baptized, but i don't have any connection with religion. i don't really know my religious views, but i'm starting to not believe in organized religion. Buddhism is kinda the only one that makes sense to me. I don't see how Christians can not like other religions, especially when Judaism and Islam seem so similar to me. I think Moonchild and ILU has become a religion to me.
moonchildmaybelline
moonchildmaybelline

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildmaybelline Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:32 am

Claudia wrote:
mile86 wrote:If there's a God, an Allah, a Budha, Zeus, Aliens, or nothing at all.

Actually Buddha does exist, he was the founder of Buddhism and a spiritual teacher named Siddhārtha Gautama. He was an Indian prince I think Very Happy There is no god in Buddhism.

I grew up as a Buddhist but I was raised up to be more open with other religions, at school the teachers ask my parents what scripture group should I particpate in and they asked that I do all three of them. That wasn't allowed of course, but I did bounce between the groups.

Being a Buddhist I have freedom to believe in other gods and traditions, there is no rule just a path to enlightenment. Which I love about it, I don't want to be weighed down with rules and beliefs. I believe in individuality and love, and it's sad to see religion swaying to the political side of things. I am fine with people being devoted to their religion but enforcing it on other people and using it as an excuse is just rude.

I'm getting around to explore new beliefs, I want to study Wiccan it's so spiritual and I love that but I will still believe in recarnation and evolution.

i really love what you said!! i wish i knew more about religion. especially Buddhism and Wiccan and stuff.
moonchildmaybelline
moonchildmaybelline

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiyoLuxuria Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:11 pm

moonchildmaybelline wrote:
Claudia wrote:

i really love what you said!! i wish i knew more about religion. especially Buddhism and Wiccan and stuff.

Buddhists are cool. I'm Pagan but I'm not truly Wiccan. I'm pretty much making up my own idea of things as I go, but I took a lot of what I know from witchcraft and Buddhism.
ChiyoLuxuria
ChiyoLuxuria

https://www.facebook.com/ChiyoLuxuria

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchildmaybelline Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:35 pm

oh my gosh if anyone wants to sit and tell me about buddhism paganism wiccan or anything id be all ears Very Happy i tried to sorta research it but its hard to get the idea of it, everything was so indepth and what not.
moonchildmaybelline
moonchildmaybelline

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiyoLuxuria Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:35 pm

What kind of stuff do you want to know? There's a lot of information. lol
ChiyoLuxuria
ChiyoLuxuria

https://www.facebook.com/ChiyoLuxuria

Back to top Go down

Post by maintube Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:08 pm

A quick look didn't reveal anything upsetting to me. But you young people, be aware that cultists consider you the target. I personally am not religious, although I don't consider myself an atheist. I believe in Deism, which is the belif that the Creator made the universe, placed us here, and went about hi/her business leaving us to make this rock work or fail. I'm a BIG believer in free will. for you Moonchildren living in the USA, a short investigation will reveal that many of the founding Fathers of our nation were Deists. Jefferson, Washington, Franklin.

Getting back to my original point, cultists look for gullibility. Please, don't take the word of people when they discuss faith. Investigate and find out the truth for yourselves. I would be upset if you didn't check my thoughts for yourselves.

If I sound "fatherly" it's because I'm 60 and have seen much.
maintube
maintube

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:05 am

Okay. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:53 am

I love hearing about different kinds of religions since I feel like I don't know very much about most of them besides the basics. I've been getting interested in studying Wiccan a lot lately though. My grandparents are Catholic but my parents are Protestant, which my grandparents hated. Now that I don't live with my parents and I've been able to have my own beliefs, I'm not really sure where I fit in. I think I'm a Christian and I believe in God, but then I also believe in evolution and think there should be gay rights (which most Christian people reject).

Either way, I think religion is interesting. If it's a positive influence in someone's life, it can be super beneficial socially. But when it comes to a point where people think they need to force their beliefs on others or hate another person because theirs is different, it's just wrong and it doesn't really seem to help anyone. Guess it just depends on how people take it. And if they are forming their own opinions based on things outside of only what they are told by others...
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down