Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Hair Central

+17
Blacksatin773
Aduhm
jellybeanjulia
Riley
MaryCourage
BrowniesBeffy
PoeticAbomination(:
ChiyoLuxuria
YetiMoonchild
mimi
mile86
TanyaMinxy
jayson526
Claudia
Krissy
Natt
JazzyTrazz
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome to the Hair Central Empty Welcome to the Hair Central

Post by JazzyTrazz Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:43 am

Since there have been so many hair-related topic lately I thought I might as well make an official thread for this.

You are more than welcome if you need any kind of help with your hair, or have some kind of healthy tips and tricks. Just go nuts.

I.L.U.
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Hair Central Empty Re: Welcome to the Hair Central

Post by Krissy Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:06 pm

Your right natt.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Did you even read my first post?

This is a collected thread for all this so we won't see all of these topics. This is so we can have ALL of these things in ONE place.

Last edited by JazzyTrazz on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:31 pm

but this topic was the most popular http://www.tableoflove.net/t396-your-hair ...ok, one year ago

I wrote only what I think... because I don't read topics about hair, make-up, clothes etc because I don't care about it what I wear etc
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Then this topic be good idea.to have all hair topics. Razz

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:06 am

This isn't really a question, it's more of a...I don't know. It IS an issue though.
I have a HUGE complex about my hair, it is on the level that it seriously makes me depressed and anxious over it. I'm not even exaggerating, I wish I was but I am currently crying and feeling sick because this complexion drives me nuts.

I'm the kind of person who's mad about hair, I love coloring hair and I love a lot of different hairstyles. Sadly enough, I feel that I CAN'T have most of these hairstyles I adore so much without looking like a total failure. I have really strong hair that can handle a lot of abuse and experimenting, BUT - it is thin. Not EXTREMELY thin, but still...thin.

People around me rarely take me seriously when I tell them about my complex, and another problematic part is that pretty much all of my closest friends have ridiculously thick hair, which also makes them pretty often point out how thin mine is because they're not used to handling hair like mine (despite living in Scandinavia).

I don't know what to do. Extensions here in Sweden is ridiculously expensive too so that's out of the question, and I don't really feel that volume helps *that* much.

I just needed to get this off my chest, sorry. ):
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:31 pm

I have thick hair, I wish that my hair was slightly a bit thin because having such thick hair is quite troublesome sometimes :c Like brushing and washing it, blow drying my hair takes about half an hour of my time and the same amount of time to straighten it too.

I always find that a lot of people wants and envy different hair styles, like curly wants straight and vice versa. You could always try and buy the extenstions online, but you should look on the positive side of having thin hair and maybe get a hair style that is suitable for that type of hair.
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Claudia wrote:I have thick hair, I wish that my hair was slightly a bit thin because having such thick hair is quite troublesome sometimes :c Like brushing and washing it, blow drying my hair takes about half an hour of my time and the same amount of time to straighten it too.
oh good im not the only one who spends a hour in the bathroom just on hair XD
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:48 pm

jayson526 wrote:
Claudia wrote:I have thick hair, I wish that my hair was slightly a bit thin because having such thick hair is quite troublesome sometimes :c Like brushing and washing it, blow drying my hair takes about half an hour of my time and the same amount of time to straighten it too.
oh good im not the only one who spends a hour in the bathroom just on hair XD
Me too Very Happy
I spend too much time every day just on my hair xD
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Oh my, you too Jayson? xD it's ridiculous isn't it? Like say if I want a shower before school I have to get up at least one hour before my usual wake up time. And I am awfully stingy about my sleep, I love sleeping D:

So I always have a shower at night and only have morning showers when I need to leave later on in the morning like 11.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:58 am

Claudia wrote:Oh my, you too Jayson? xD it's ridiculous isn't it? Like say if I want a shower before school I have to get up at least one hour before my usual wake up time. And I am awfully stingy about my sleep, I love sleeping D:

So I always have a shower at night and only have morning showers when I need to leave later on in the morning like 11.
my hair is thick and even washing it takes time ^_^ and then their is the fact that i need to dry it using the blow dryer which takes forever and if i dont then i wake up and my hair is still wet no joke i once forgot and i woke up looking like my dog peed on my head ((which is what i first thought he did XD)) And i can never style it because gel hairspray and stuff just makes me look like im wearing a helmet ((i hate hairspray because one can equals three uses)) i plan on dying it in the morning ((when i go to the bank and get money)) but even that takes two bottles of dye because one always misses half my head ^_^
i love my hair but i also wish it wasnt as thick as it is but then again i never have to worry about going bald ((with all the hair i loose a day i can just make a wig...or a carpet im not sure what i want to do yet))

in the next month i get fake eyelashes ((because i want the kind that are kinda red but also has blue in it)) ((wait is lashes considered hair ?_?))
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:37 am

haha same! The amount of hair I loose I can make a wig D: It's so annoying, everywhere in my house there is either hair from the dog or me. To dye my hair full would take over 3 bottles, I really do want to dye my hair completely EA's red but the cost of buying a lot of hair dye and keeping it a vibrant colour.. :S

I'm not too fancy on gel and hairspray, usually I just leave my hair out and straighten it, I don't exactly fully straighten it I still want my hair to have volume without teasing it which is why I blow dry it up side down and don't straighten my hair right at the hairline (I leave a few cms off) or sectioning it off bit by bit.

I also never go the hair dressers! They charge me extra because it takes them so long to cut and foil it, they underestimate my locks :c so my mum does it. She cuts and dyes it, well speaking of dye I need to redye my tips again and I have bad regrowth x'D

Lashes are technically hair too Smile but I think it belongs in the 'make-up' section xD

Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Claudia wrote:I always find that a lot of people wants and envy different hair styles, like curly wants straight and vice versa. You could always try and buy the extenstions online, but you should look on the positive side of having thin hair and maybe get a hair style that is suitable for that type of hair.

The hard part about buying extensions online is that you never really get a good look at them, so it's hard to know if it's good quality or if it's the right color. :c

I don't know if it's because I'm such a pessimist about this topic, since I hate my thin hair so. much. I think hairstyles for my kind of hair that is supposed to give it more volume looks...well, sad and desperate.

You could always thin out thick hair, but you can't make thin hair thicker.
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by mile86 Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:01 am

Ok, here's the thing.. And this is about the last 6 years. I used to be really really blonde..white blonde, then brown, in one night. Then i decided red, and now black. The thing is that all that made my hair weak. The thing hat scares is that one point of my head i thing i have no hair on, i might got a little bald...hahaha...i'm laughing but i'm gonna cry!! Is there any recipe or solution to help me get thicker and stronger hair???
mile86
mile86

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:21 am

Sadly enough, there is no way for anyone to get thicker and fuller hair as we know of today.

But your hair is badly damaged, so I'd recommend a lot healing hair products. Most of the good ones are really expensive, but they last long and they really work.

When I damaged my hair pretty badly I used L'anza's conditioner, Paul Mitchell's moisturizer and Loreal Professionals hair masque. You can find all of these at your professional hairdressers. They are pricey, but they *will* be your heroes. And leave them in your hair for long periods of time (just don't forget to rinse properly).

And if you're not sure if they really will help you, just ask your hair professional what kind of products they recommend.

Also, don't wash your hair everyday. Every second or third day is enough, or else it will be worn out and dry.
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by mile86 Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:41 am

Yeah, i used some of these products in the past. They're good.
I'm really like old, home recipies,you know, i like mixing up things i find home, natural, for example i use olive oil, sugar, lemon and honey, for scrub and mask on my face, so i wanted to know if anyone has a good tip. I wash my hair 2-3 times a week. so i'm ok. Money is not an issue, so i can buy almost anything (resonable of course..i wouldn't give 50€ on a shampoo)!! hahahahahaa

THANK YOUUUUUU <3
mile86
mile86

Back to top Go down

Post by JazzyTrazz Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Well, I've heard that egg yolk and beer (not combined) is good for your hair, but I've never tried it out myself.
JazzyTrazz
JazzyTrazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:40 pm

I don't know what product I use but when I bleached my hair I started using this shampoo and conditioner that helped strengthen my hair so that it doesn't weaken at all. I can't remember what it's called though >-< It's always a good idea to use healing products right after you dyed, so that you don't have to deal with brittle hair later.

I have a question of my own, I'm going to dye the tips of my hair purple. I have been using Manic Panic for my red and I want something that last longer than 2 weeks. I have looked into Special Effects 'Deep Purple' and the reviews of the product seems hopeful, it apparently lasts longer (Some about 6 weeks) and it washes out nicely too, but it bleeds quite a bit in the first week or so and it is quite dark. I don't really intend to bleach first since the red I did came out vivid without bleaching.

So should I go with this deep purple colour?

Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:12 am

i eat cod liver oil tablets and they do help strengthen my hair and nails. my mum also told me my hair feels much thicker AND everybody's commenting on how long it is.. (ive been away from home since august but it can't grow THAT much in such a short while, can it lol) so yeah, eat vitamins. and a healthy lifestyle always helps lol

i also always plait my hair before i go to bed and i try to refrain from blowdrying it - never straighten (because ive got stick straight hair lol), but i do curl it quite often and use hairspray..
oh.. i dont use conditioner unless im dying it, in which case, after that i do.

aaand i haven't dyed my hair in awhile.. i do miss the colours but u know.. trying to be taken seriously, being blonde with blue eyes is hard enough. if i have pink hair on top of that, people do kind of not take me as serious as i want them to take me.. so i think im only gonna dye my hair now during the summer (if i dont have any productions to work on).

i haven't really read through what everybody else has written but i thought id just tell some random things about my hair lol
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by YetiMoonchild Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:55 am

Claudia wrote:Oh my, you too Jayson? xD it's ridiculous isn't it? Like say if I want a shower before school I have to get up at least one hour before my usual wake up time. And I am awfully stingy about my sleep, I love sleeping D:

Hahahahaha that's soo me. When I've washed mine, I need it compleeetely dry before I can straighten it (and I don't leave the house for school with unstraightened hair), so yeah, at least one hour for me as well haha:( I don't know how many buses I've missed cause I've been like "OMG I CAN'T GO TO SCHOOL WITH MY HAIR LIKE THIS"....... That would be a secret hahaha I always just say I missed the bus when I come to school, if I told them I was fixing my hair I guess I'd be expelled or something lolol queen
YetiMoonchild
YetiMoonchild

http://www.aboutmoonchildren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiyoLuxuria Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:08 am

Mane and Tail is wonderful for your hair. My hair has been a different color every month for the past year and even when I accidentally over-bleached, Mane and Tail always brought my hair back to life.
A healthy diet is good for your hair too. Vitamin E increases the blood flow to the entire body, including the scalp, one of the side effects of Beta-Carotene deficiency is unexplained hair loss, and Flaxseed oil and B vitamins are good for overall hair health. My hair was actually fullest and healthiest when I put vitamin E oil in my conditioner.
ChiyoLuxuria
ChiyoLuxuria

https://www.facebook.com/ChiyoLuxuria

Back to top Go down

Post by PoeticAbomination(: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:05 pm

I bleach my hair almost monthly, and the conditioner I use is Infusium. It works for me, so yeahh(: You can buy it at Wal-Mart and it is only 6-7 USD. So, it's pretty cheap for how good it iss(:
PoeticAbomination(:
PoeticAbomination(:

http://www.wattpad.com/user_profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:52 am

U just died my pink hair back to blonde. But I did that because I wanna do something new in few days. I will dye the same area where was pink.
I have 2 ideas:
1st is to dye it lavender, something like this, or the most similar color I will get by mixing pink and blue
Welcome to the Hair Central Tumblr_lwkunpwZkb1r6urafo1_500
2nd idea is to dye it pink - lavender - blue, so it would go something like this:
(But that whole part of hair, not just the ends like on this picture)
Welcome to the Hair Central 2hxrh2w

So what do you think, which one is more cute and which one will look better on me?
Remember that Im talking only about one part of hair, just like on my avatar. Smile
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChiyoLuxuria Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:28 pm

I like the lavender. The company Splat makes a very nice lavender and all their colors seem to look good even when they fade, at least the did for me.

Oh, also if anyone is looking for fuller/thicker hair, I've been taking vitamins with extra folic acid (basically the same as pre-natal vitamins) and My hair is growing back as strong as it was before I dyed it. And my nails are growing very fast. lol
ChiyoLuxuria
ChiyoLuxuria

https://www.facebook.com/ChiyoLuxuria

Back to top Go down

Post by mile86 Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 pm

I agree...lavender is AWESOME..ChiyoLuxuria, oh i'm interested in these..So you ask on the drug store for folic acid vitamins?????
mile86
mile86

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:00 am

The lavender Smile

BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Here are hair products that I use. They are from Avon and they are really good.
1. Heat protection styler.
2. Leave in conditioner.
3. Shampoo for dry or damaged hair.
4. Conditioner for dry or damaged hair.
5. Leave in treatment with 360% repair technology.
6. Reconstructive mask.
Welcome to the Hair Central Tumblr_lzcmjpPu1R1qf022ho1_500
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:12 am

My new hair Smile Smile Smile
You must click on the pictures to see bigger size of it. <3
Welcome to the Hair Central 110
Welcome to the Hair Central 210
Welcome to the Hair Central 310
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 pm

like avrils hair.looks the nicest.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:55 pm

You are little late Very Happy I dyed my hair, as you can see in my previous post Very Happy
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryCourage Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:48 am

dammit, in the last 4 months, my hair has grown like....1 cm.
>_> it's ridiculous how slow my hair grows.

Actually my hair is so worn out that it didn't grow AT ALL until I cut some off last month.
Still gotta cut of at least 5 cm of it ;___; I don't want to Sad
MaryCourage
MaryCourage

http://soundcloud.com/marycourage

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:54 am

Same with me, it usually grows really fast but last couple of months its really slow Sad

I must cut little too Sad
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:47 pm

wait if you cut your hair it grows faster T_T i no want a haircut but if it means i get long hair *goes to the hair salon*
oh and i blame you all because i see everyones awesome hair on facebook and stuff and i have been playing with my hair for awhile now
brushing it ((and getting the brush stuck somehow))
putting stuff in it ((and also getting everything stuck in it))
i think i have a bald spot now from having to rip a band out of my hair -_- i hope i dont but with my luck i do
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryCourage Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:38 pm

^if you've got damaged hair like I do, I guess the hair doesn't pick up any nutritions and grows much slower, but if you get rid of all the damage, woopah, it can pick up the nutritions it needs and growsss. xD

MaryCourage
MaryCourage

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:09 am

I got my hair cut, and it's grown back already and even longer than it was. I got it cut like 4 weeks ago. I'm growing my hair out so it's cool.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by jellybeanjulia Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:16 pm

Ok this is REALLY embarrassing but... I have dry ends (not exactly SPLIT ends) but yeah I kneed tips. Oh and I also have super thick hair

jellybeanjulia

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:41 am

Deep condition your hair or for example Gliss Kur makes this special keratin spray conditioner that you leave in. ive tried it and am using it regularly and my ends are much more moisturised than before.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:50 pm

My hair dye before dying my hair. Smile
I got it by mixing pink and blue :3
Welcome to the Hair Central Tumblr_m0hjcyLyOb1qf022ho1_500
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:48 pm

did i tell everyone i talked my father into a second color ((had to go today to get it))
i am now using two colors
manic panics cotton candy pink and electric lizard green
im going to be a watermelon XD
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:54 am

I cant wait to see Smile
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:47 pm

OMG I just dyed my purple hair with my usual blonde dye, and it turned green :DDDD
I wanted to be whole blonde again, and I hate this green. I might return that purple or pink hair again.
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:49 pm

wow,cool
I'M not sure if I'M loving my bangs or not.somedays i like them.LOL

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by mile86 Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:02 pm

hahaha...tanya green is good..it's saint patricks day in USA...you match to that..hahahahaa...never mind..it's just hair...Jayson we need to see that..my hair became really weak, so i haven't dyed them since Xmas..i think i'm gonna leave them a bit longer to strenght up...i hope so..i'm using a treatment for hair loss by Oriflame..hopefully, next month, im gonna dye them again..Not something special..Something close to my natural colour..chocolate brown, maybe with a atouch of red again...we'll see..
mile86
mile86

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryCourage Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Yes Jayson pictuuures!! Very Happy
@Tanya. Green is cool!! Wink

So tomorrows the big day. Chopping it off!!! Not panicking at all 0_0 oh well it's just hair. It grows...
MaryCourage
MaryCourage

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:31 am

I did lavender DIP DYE.
I love my hair so much :3
Welcome to the Hair Central Tumblr_m1nl18JA5f1qf022ho1_500
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:04 pm

very nice!
Aduhm
Aduhm

Location : In a Black, Black World, there was a Black, Black Town.

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:32 am

I still have dip dye, its just darker now and more blue.
It's more purple in real life Wink

Welcome to the Hair Central 33uydtl
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Purple never really turn up in photos unless you are outside in the sun or just a really bright area Razz

I might maybe have rainbow in my hair, I've bargain with dad that my tips and fringe will be that and not my whole hair (I think he is still in denial of my natural colour -.- )
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:26 am

I love rainbow hair.
You should go for it :3
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

Back to top Go down