Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popular meals & drinks in your country

+11
Amarine2008
alis18
Little Phoenix
lyndseyjoy
KuuLaps
Krissy
Riley
mimi
Spike
BrowniesBeffy
Midnight
15 posters

Go down

Popular meals & drinks in your country Empty Popular meals & drinks in your country

Post by Midnight Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:59 am

I just wanted to ask you which meals and drinks are popular in your country.
You can also say what the national dish in your country is... do you like it?
Hope you understand me ^^

Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Popular meals & drinks in your country Empty Re: Popular meals & drinks in your country

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:24 am

In Norway frozen food is very popular. We have a frozen pizza called Grandiosa Orginal. And it's eaten very often. I think it's the most popular food here. I don't like Grandiosa Orginal, because frozen food is not my thing Razz
Where I live we have something called Komler, it's potatoes and other ingredients mixed togheter and we bake small balls out of the mix. It's quite disgusting. eww.
Our national dish is something called Fårikål, a stewed casserole of lamb's meat and cabbage. (taken from google, barely knows what it is myself). I've never eaten it because it's meat. Razz
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Popular meals & drinks in your country Empty Re: Popular meals & drinks in your country

Post by Spike Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:58 am

I'm from Quebec, and there's a meal that you can pretty much only find here: Poutine. Basically, it's french fries with cheese covered in brown sauce. It's not healthy at all, but it taste great! There's a lot of variation of it, with sausage, with chicken, with michigan sauce.
Spike
Spike

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:09 am

Cool ^^ I would eat the pizza...haha. But I'm not sure about Komler... and Fårikål wouldn't be my thing because I don't eat lamb and don't like cabbage much xD

I want to try Poutine now xD

So maybe I try to say something about germany xD I think it's a bit difficult...but maybe someone is interested xD
Where I live we eat a lot of asparagus...not the whole year of course, just in the "asparagus time". I like it ^^ ... but it's not a thing for whole germany...
In other countries germany is known for "Weißwurst". I never ate it and I don't think I'll ever do it. It's more known in bavaria. So the solution is... we have more regional meals ^^
But I think most german people love to drink beer xD (and eat fast food like pizza, hamburger or doner)
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:54 am

^ germany has bretzels! those big ones and id say that's really popular there (at least for tourists) AND that big pig leg with mashed potatoes Very Happy

in estonia.. we eat a lot of porridge and overall the food is REALLY healthy. Lot's of vegetables. the most common thing would be boiled potatoes with vegetables and a simple sauce.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:22 am

Okay, these are some foods that America technically invented. Obviously, there's a popular food for each state, but these are all by America in general:

1. Corn Dogs(...yum...)
2. Philly Cheese Steak(Pretty good. Well, when you actually get it in Philadelphia)
3. "Chinese" Food(you know, the fake crap that you get at the mall adn buffets)
4. S'mores(OMG I LOVE THESE)
5. Reuben Sandwich(not my fav, but okay)
6. Cobb Salad(I don't even know what this is lol I looked all of this up on Google)
7. Baked Alaska(never had it, but it looks pretty good)
8. Buffalo Wings(guhh that makes me want some. they have so many different flavors and it's just amazingggg)
9. Turducken(-gag- this just LOOKS disgusting)
10. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream(-drool-)

So, as you can see, I'm kind of a foodie. I've started acquiring a taste for REAL chinese/japanese food, and we've found a couple of restaraunts around town. I also am trying to start eating sushi, cos it's insanely healthy.

Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:20 am

mimi wrote:^ germany has bretzels! those big ones and id say that's really popular there (at least for tourists) AND that big pig leg with mashed potatoes Very Happy

in estonia.. we eat a lot of porridge and overall the food is REALLY healthy. Lot's of vegetables. the most common thing would be boiled potatoes with vegetables and a simple sauce.

Oh...I totally forgot about bretzels ^^ I love them =)
I think with big pig leg you mean a "Haxe" (or "Eisbein"). I think it's disgusting and I've never eat it...xD. I know it with sauerkraut but you could also eat it with mashed potatoes.

Oh and the food in estonia really sounds healthy. I think those would never count as a whole meal here (not for all but for most, I think) xD

Luna wrote:Okay, these are some foods that America technically invented. Obviously, there's a popular food for each state, but these are all by America in general:

1. Corn Dogs(...yum...)
2. Philly Cheese Steak(Pretty good. Well, when you actually get it in Philadelphia)
3. "Chinese" Food(you know, the fake crap that you get at the mall adn buffets)
4. S'mores(OMG I LOVE THESE)
5. Reuben Sandwich(not my fav, but okay)
6. Cobb Salad(I don't even know what this is lol I looked all of this up on Google)
7. Baked Alaska(never had it, but it looks pretty good)
8. Buffalo Wings(guhh that makes me want some. they have so many different flavors and it's just amazingggg)
9. Turducken(-gag- this just LOOKS disgusting)
10. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream(-drool-)

So, as you can see, I'm kind of a foodie. I've started acquiring a taste for REAL chinese/japanese food, and we've found a couple of restaraunts around town. I also am trying to start eating sushi, cos it's insanely healthy.

Okay...let's search it xD I never heard from most of the things. Maybe the Ice Cream...but that's it xD
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:04 pm

haha! i couldnt remember what it was called - i ate a 'Haxe' when I was in germany with sauerkraut (nom nom) lol

OH. we eat sauerkraut and also black pudding as well. and Herring but i guess that's a Scandinavian thing lol
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:09 pm

meats, fish,chicken

pop,coffee, teas, milk

fruit, vegss
frozen pizzas but they don't taste good to me..

pasta

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:12 pm

isnt canada known for maple syrup lol?
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:30 pm

popular drinks....emmm...Estonian juices maybe.
popular food....all kind of fish? potates for sure.
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Spike Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:36 pm

Mimi: Yes, maple syrup too. How could I forget? But yeah, real maple syrup is good =) And also, there so many recipe that you can add maple syrup.
Spike
Spike

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndseyjoy Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:41 pm

POUTINE.
and pancakes? actually, i dont know about the pancakes.. i just know that you eat them with syrup, and syrup is a canadian thing :3

lol, I'm actually not big on poutine. it's good, but if it was a choice to pick from, i wouldnt get it myself. if someone offered me some of theirs, i would ^^ lol
its fries, with cheese curds, and gravy.
I dont know if it looks very good, but its served hot, and the cheese melts, so when you grab a fry, the cheese is all stringy and delicious.

Popular meals & drinks in your country Poutine
lyndseyjoy
lyndseyjoy

https://www.facebook.com/lyndseyjoypederson

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndseyjoy Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:42 pm

I've also heard that bannock is canadian, also.
its pan friends bread that was made by the first nations of canada. :3

its really good with jam, or butter.
lyndseyjoy
lyndseyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:02 pm

I never ate pancakes with syrup. Maybe I should?!?

Back to Germany: The german bread seems very popular. Especially the black bread...

Popular meals & drinks in your country Schwarzbrot

Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndseyjoy Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Yes, pancakes with maple syrup. so delicious. put butter on them first :3
lyndseyjoy
lyndseyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:13 pm

I think I will try =)
The syrup is hot, isn't it?!
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndseyjoy Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:15 pm

I usually keep maple syrup in the fridge.. LOL ^^
lyndseyjoy
lyndseyjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Okaay xD Good to know...haha
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:22 pm

Popular meals & drinks in your country Sarma

sarma for sure! Very Happy it's kind of sour(?) cabbage filled with meat Smile
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by alis18 Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:35 pm

well, mexico is well known for it's tacos and tortas and i guess mexican food is well known worldwide..we have a lot of food....regional food 'cause almost every state has it's typical food.....for example..my state it's in the south...along with two another states...and we have this meal that everyone in the south knows called "pibipollo" it's like a big tamal...
you know..the south has it's typical dishes, the north, west, east too...so mexico is very rich in food....gastronomy...very rich....

For what i've heard, Germany it's also known 'cause people there eat potatoes. a lot.....am i right midnight?...i love germany and it's culture!
alis18
alis18

https://www.facebook.com/aliciangli

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:12 am

@ Little Phoenix - we eat that as well Smile I love cabbage rolls!

And of course, black bread is very common and popular here!
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:13 am

What is black bread? I've always wonders what it is. A week ago or so my mom bought bread that was black, but it tasted sour and not good. Might not be the "real" black bread Razz mayb something else Smile

In Norway we eat a lot of porridge. I'm not a big fan of it, I like it but not the best. It's good around Xmas time Razz
Fish is also very popular.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:33 am

I would describe it as a wholemeal bread.... but I don't know.
I heard that the german black bread is very popular and better than others - when I'm in another country people ask me for a recipe when they hear that I'm german.
But I can't say if it's better...never eat another one then ours xD
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 am

We have cherry flavored coke cola that my canadian friend LOVES a couple friends send him cases of it but it cost alot to send xD cuz they don't have that flavor in canada. Japan has Ramune which is a soda I really love i get it at FYE and they also have diff flavors of coke cola too that i want to try. coke cola has a factory that actually lets you taste all the diff flavors I WANNA GO
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:59 am

I love cheesecake. That is YUMMY
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:22 am

In England, popular food is fish & chips Smile
With plenty of vinegar and salt, of course!
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:10 pm

I think in the US it's hard to say one specific food is popular because we have so many people of different backgrounds. Where I live we eat a lot of 'german' food because almost everyone's ancestors are from there. I eat noodles a lot they're made with beer actually a lot of the stuff I eat is 'made with beer'. We used to have blood sausage when I was younger >.< People eat a lot of deer here too.

There is one thing that is kind of disgustingly american is the Horseshoe. It's basically a hamburger on a slice of bread then you put the fries on top and then it's covered in a cheese sauce, it's like a heart attack waiting to happen.
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:16 pm

I have never heard of the Horseshoe.

Even though it's a heart attack waiting to happen, it sounds soooo good. O.O I'm fat.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Luna wrote:I have never heard of the Horseshoe.

I think it's mostly a Midwestern thing, actually it might just be an Illinoisan thing. It was 'invented' in Springfield, IL which I live like an hour and a half from. It is quite delicious though :
Popular meals & drinks in your country 800px-RealHorseshoesandwich
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:43 pm

I think I'm drowning in my own drool. That looks amazing.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost_flower Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:13 am

Little Phoenix wrote:Popular meals & drinks in your country Sarma

we have this too Very Happy but we can make it with vine leaves and with cabbage

we have mici. it's not that good but men love to eat them with beer. it's made with different kind of meat
Popular meals & drinks in your country Mici10

we have mamaliga that it's made with corn. it's so good with cheese or with eggs or baccon
Popular meals & drinks in your country Med-ma10

we have cozonac. it's made especially for easter. it's like a cake but with turkish delight,walnut and other good stuff
Popular meals & drinks in your country Cozona10

we have pasca.it's like a cheese cake.made for easter too. it's my favourite! so gooood
Popular meals & drinks in your country Pasca210

ghost_flower
ghost_flower

http://ghost-flower.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:01 am

Little Phoenix wrote:Popular meals & drinks in your country Sarma

My sister loves it. We eat it alot in Turkey, or at least where I'm from Smile

BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:27 pm

My state is known for crab cake Razz
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down