Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 facts you're country is known for?

+33
AennilLinnEa
eMAYPsIlOnEeR
Hexe
gardenofstars
Noomio
Little Phoenix
Forace
tkellyness
lyndseyjoy
Riley
Quincy
cindragale
ZeeCaine
happyLillus
Midnight
DarkMoon
Leeni.
JaneLove
Sunnech
BrowniesBeffy
alis18
Winter
Siim
Iridescent_Revival_<3
mimi
Spekt
Claudia
EetuJaKeijut
TheLastSongbird
ghost_flower
Lilee
out of the hollow
Krissy
37 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

3 facts you're country is known for? Empty 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Krissy Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:04 am

Canadian beer!
Canadian hockey!

Maple syrup

Canada is known to be the polite country.LOL but i tell you NOT everyone is polite here..lol..Not sure if i agree. 3 facts you're country is known for? Icon_razz

Last edited by butterflycry2010 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Krissy

Back to top Go down

3 facts you're country is known for? Empty Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by out of the hollow Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 am

The "American dream"
Obesity..
Arrogance....

Don't get me wrong, even though the second two are negative I do love where I live. But if I lived in any other country I think I would look at some of the things Americans do and be like... ugh whyyyy? Maybe I'm wrong though, you guys tell me. Wink
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

3 facts you're country is known for? Empty Re: 3 facts you're country is known for?

Post by Lilee Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:33 am

1. McDonalds
2. Obesity
3. Stupidity

Did I forget to mention obesity? Razz lol, well that's what the US is "known for" I suppose. But I still love it xD
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost_flower Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 am

1.Vampires/Dracula
2.Gipsy
3.Stealing...
ghost_flower
ghost_flower

http://ghost-flower.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:46 am

1. Robin Hood

2. Loving to complain xD

3. Rain/bad weather in general Rolling Eyes

Apparently the English are known for having "posh" accents too, although that's false. Hardly anyone in England has a posh accent any more (there are a couple of "posh" regions left, but not many). Also, you have to look quite hard to come across someone with a full on cockney accent in London (another false stereotype) xD
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:14 pm

Lilee wrote:1. McDonalds
2. Obesity
3. Stupidity

Did I forget to mention obesity? Razz lol, well that's what the US is "known for" I suppose. But I still love it xD

Its so true! xD

I feel better now, you put the things I wanted to put too Razz lol
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:18 pm

1. Metal!
2. Nokia phones
3. Santa Claus? Lapland?
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Apparently us Australians have took over America with obesity, we have more obese people here -_____-

1. Aussie slang (which we barely use)
2. Cricket
3. Our australian wildlife.

It kinda ticks me off when I see Americans on tv imitates the aussie accent and speak in a whole lot of slang which we hardly use, though if you go inland you might be able to hear the aussie slang being thrown around a bit. We pronounce some words differently to americans and we oftenly get mistaken as english over in America because of our accents xD
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:47 pm

I think america is a pretty country...No country is perfuct.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Claudia wrote:
It kinda ticks me off when I see Americans on tv imitates the aussie accent and speak in a whole lot of slang which we hardly use, though if you go inland you might be able to hear the aussie slang being thrown around a bit. We pronounce some words differently to americans and we oftenly get mistaken as english over in America because of our accents xD

I can't imitate any Australian accents xD It just sounds too....neutral to me? Like when I'm speaking to an Australian, I don't really pay much attention to the accent. As oppose to some one who's British or Irish, then all I can focus on is their accent.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:56 am

1. Beautiful women
2. Estonians are very slow minded and closed people
3. The feud with the beast in the east Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekt Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:49 am

Claudia wrote:

Who are you speaking about when you say "Americans"? Because, geographically, there is North America, Central America, and South America. By ethnicity, there is also a Latin America - comprising of countries whose primary language is not English (all the Spanish-speaking countries, and Brazil - whose primary language is Portugese.) Together they are known as America. Individually, they are very diffrent and each is known for MANY things, from the magnificent to the horrific.

Myself, Im from the United States. And unless you have your head stuck in the news tabloids reading garbage they say about this beautiful country, you'd probably know us for this.

1. A place where you can go to start a new life.
2. Baseball
3. Apple Pie
Spekt
Spekt

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 am

Spekt wrote:
Claudia wrote:

Who are you speaking about when you say "Americans"? Because, geographically, there is North America, Central America, and South America. By ethnicity, there is also a Latin America - comprising of countries whose primary language is not English (all the Spanish-speaking countries, and Brazil - whose primary language is Portugese.) Together they are known as America. Individually, they are very diffrent and each is known for MANY things, from the magnificent to the horrific.

Myself, Im from the United States. And unless you have your head stuck in the news tabloids reading garbage they say about this beautiful country, you'd probably know us for this.

1. A place where you can go to start a new life.
2. Baseball
3. Apple Pie

Hmm yeah, America has compose many different accents but I find them going a little over board with the mimicing our accent, it's ridiculous sometimes. Yes we might of been speaking a lot of aussie slang back in the old days but we speak perfectly normal now with a bit of slang.

And apple pie? Australia is known for meat pies lol!
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:28 am

i agree with armastaja

1. beautiful women
2. blonde peopl
3. where the hell is estonia?

lol
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:30 am

lol XD "Where the hell is Estonia?"

A friend found out where Estonia is a few days ago and I felt so proud of her :]
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:51 am

I think the more popular kerli get's the more people will know were estonia is..lol

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:08 am

New Zealand...

I don't really know. All Blacks? A girl from my class went to Germany on exchange and they were all surprised to find out that she wasn't very good at sport lol xD when I was in England, people always thought my accent was Australian and whenever I corrected them they'd be like "oh i'm sorry you must hate getting confused with the enemy" lol enemy? how about FRIENDLY NEIGHBOUR!?! My friend's dad is from China and he says that kiwis are waterproof because we don't get sick everytime we're caught in the rain or something. idk...
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Iridescent_Revival_<3

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:51 am

Is there a lot of sheep in NZ???

That's something you guys are known for :]
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:33 am

ooh YES!! hehe my grandma had a sheep farm ^^ i used to go over there every year for my birthday x3
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:38 am

Lord of the Rings was filmed in NZ too, correct?
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:40 am

why yes, it was!

lol people overseas know more about my own country than i do! FAIL.
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:33 am

wow.what an instersting country. 3 facts you're country is known for? Icon_biggrin

canada is also know for "anne of green gables"! 3 facts you're country is known for? Icon_biggrin

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:42 pm

And Canada has awesome singers! Celine Dion, Loreena Mckennitt, Avril, Nelly Furtado, etc. I love you
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:47 pm

ya,I like some of our singers...

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:58 pm

People think that we ride kangaroos and emus -___-

But then again some people think that Canadians ride polarbears.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 pm

LOL..Lots of people have wrong ideas of what canada is...lol

like i get asked if we have christmas like americans....is it cold all year around..blah blah

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:18 pm

haha yeah, and do all Canadians have a moose head on their wall -___-

Stereotypes are stupid when it comes to countries.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:42 am

i have to agree....It's like people think canadians have our own launge or something....& we all speake french..Like online people be like ur not canadain ur not talking like canadain girl..lmfao

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:46 am

I thought canadians had their own language when I was younger. I know there is french canada but I don't think they speak french, just heavily accented.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:01 am

our french i think is not heavey like in pars/france.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:02 am

hmm now that is cleared up. Then French Canada has a slight french accent, I see.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:09 am

yeah,I think so..Iam not postive but that's what i heard..who knows....

cuz in school we have to learn french. ehh..

but i don't speake french..

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:10 am

French I am learning, it sucks because you pretty much need to speak with an accent.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:13 am

i think french is very hard...i remmeber my friends saying it was and they did't like it.

Afther grade 7 i did't have to take french class anymore...The teachers felt i needed help with my math instead..

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:15 am

I don't like it either, German seems appropriate for someone who just started to learn a language in their first year because some words are similar to english.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:23 am

I don't blame you..I think this taking french should be a option.

Id rather learn my mothers language..would mean more to me..

it's not that i don't like fench its just i don't have any use for it...would't be useful for me..

celion dion is french and you can tell cuz she has a accent.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:33 am

And there should be more options at school, all you learn here is Japanese and French. And our language teacher in french class isn't a french teacher. She knows only little french. I don't really see Paris all that romantic as everyone say it is, it sounds very posh and expensive.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:38 am

sAME WITH ME. i don't think that either.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:41 am

Over in French people expect you to speak in the language, they can be kind of stuck up with their language from what I heard.

Where in estonia people would be surprise if you tried to speak their language.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:43 am

I heard that too....

Same...I think i rather viste other countries ,,I paris does look beautiful tho.

whenever i read books..They seem to alway's have the characters visting paris/france/ Germery..ect..

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:47 am

But I can't judge upon that too rudely, and it would be quite pointless to visit a country where you don't even have a clue how to speak it.

I don't think Venice is too beautiful either, the culture is unique though but really?

The book I had read was based around Ireland.

Those countries are popular and if I did wrote I book I would include the characters to come from a background in a country that people don't really notice it exists.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:53 am

Same with me.....people can be rude in any country you know?

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 pm

1. Vodka
2. Extremely cold weather
3. Beautiful women

But actually its not that true about weather, is just a myth ;D

Back to top Go down

Post by Siim Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 pm

1. Kerli Very Happy
2. Old town in Tallinn
3. e-country (We can select our parliament in internet, we have NATO's cyber defence center and so on)
Siim
Siim

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm

1. Bridge between Asia and Europe (İstanbul- the Bosphorus)
2. Rakı (an alcoholic beverage, it has no color but when u add water in it, it turns white)
2,5. Belly dancing?!?
3. Turkish delight

Last edited by Winter on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by alis18 Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:33 pm

1.Mexican food xD
2. Insecurity
3. cancun ?XDD
alis18
alis18

https://www.facebook.com/aliciangli

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Have I written here before? O_O

1. MONEEEYYY, it feels like everyone's rich here.
2. Fish or something, lol.
3. Oil.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnech Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:59 pm

alis18 wrote:1.Mexican food xD
2. Insecurity
3. cancun ?XDD

hahaha i love the 2..!! hahahhaa

Sunnech

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneLove Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 pm

1. Obesity
2. Stupidity
3. Arrogance

Gotta love it. Lol.

But where I live, we're suuuuuper famous for our skiing.
JaneLove
JaneLove

Back to top Go down

Post by alis18 Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Sunnech wrote:
alis18 wrote:1.Mexican food xD
2. Insecurity
3. cancun ?XDD

hahaha i love the 2..!! hahahhaa

i knowwww right?
that's so true
alis18
alis18

https://www.facebook.com/aliciangli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next