Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerli on being a role model

+2
Krissy
out of the hollow
6 posters

Go down

Kerli on being a role model Empty Kerli on being a role model

Post by out of the hollow Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:07 pm

you seem to have a lot of fetishes (shoes, heavy makeup, little girl shit, lingerie, etc) so how can you say you're a good role model to little girls when you're corrupting good moralled children
What someone appreciates visually is completely different than what someone lives by. I like twisted visuals but when it comes to life, I'm extremely old fashioned and determined to make a real difference on the radio. My shit will not be all whored out and people who are tired of the same old shit will connect with my message. period.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Kerli on being a role model Empty Re: Kerli on being a role model

Post by out of the hollow Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:14 pm

^ She answered well to a really silly/hard question... What do fetish shoes, lots of makeup, and Lolita stuff have to do with morality? How could clothes or shoes or eye makeup corrupt children? So heavy makeup makes you a bad person? lol... WHAT? Rolling Eyes Better not let your kids go to a play, they might see some stage makeup and turn into whores. I think this says more about the prejudices of the person who asked the question than anything.

Where did Kerli say she was a role model? I've only heard people say it about her.

ANYWAY... Let's hear it for new music that won't be whored out.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:20 pm

I agree with you(out of the hollow). You are so right in what you are saying. Her make-up and shoes/clothes. doesn't make her a bad person..That's just silly.I think its just her expressing her self..Her image is mixing quit awesome with her music. Even tho kerli is not trying to be a rolemodel i must say i would consider her a better one for little girls then all the other singers who are hot right now..Her music is so awesome and her message is postive and good.

I put on dark make-up sometimes does that make me a bad person then? Kerli on being a role model Icon_eek

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:58 am

LMFAO.This is really all too funny. Kerli on being a role model Icon_smile

That shit doesn't make u a bad person. That is just her style she picks. If people think that's sluty then they need to get a life. Kerli on being a role model Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:27 am

People can think silly things sometimes about the way people look can't they? There aren't a ton of things that really get to me but automatic associations like LOTS OF MAKEUP=WHOREDOM UH OH! do. :/ I guess it's human nature to make associations but there's a point when you can choose to disregard them..

Bleh, I'm sorry for ranting. albino
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:31 pm

That's very true

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by LaceNChains Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:11 pm

A lot of people ask me about the way I look (clothes, hair, makeup, ect.) and I tell them I wear what I want to wear, because I want to wear it. My aunt will sometimes say I look like a whore, or hooker, but I'm really modest most of the time. Like I have no problem with people who dress that way, and I even think it looks cool sometimes. I just think it's about WHY one dresses that way. I mean someone can strip on stage and I won't care, if you have a good reason.
LaceNChains
LaceNChains

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMimic Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:15 am

Its a little annoying that you get people who feel that Kerli has to be a role model to young girls. Its not up to Kerli to be a role model and she can wear whatever she likes if it makes her happy. If people don't like the way she dresses then don't watch her videos. If anything the things she wears is mild compared to what you see in music videos nowadays.
LadyMimic
LadyMimic

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:06 pm

True!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by integrity.love.unity Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:34 pm

Hrrrmmm. Mind if I add my opinion in here?
I come from a Christian family who value very highly stuff like the way they dress, and they way you talk, etc. and I'd have to say that the shoes are not that "corruptible" I'd love a pair of her shoes, in fact, I plan on making a few pairs. I think part of why she wears them is she is short (5'1 according to one source I read idr where). The heavy makeup is borderline. My family (not me) is very sensitive to stuff like screamo music, visual kei, goths, sculls and crossbones, etc. Imo, it just depends how your raised to determine what is fine and what isn't. Now I am not too fond of her half-nude photoshoots, booty shorts, lingerie, and the like, but that's just me.

She needs to specify what she means by being old fashioned in life. Old fashioned is not wearing the above listed. Unless old fashioned is 1980's and on. People didn't wear heavy makeup earlier then the 80's either, at least not that most people hear about. Does she mean morals in general? What sort of morals?

Just my opinion

integrity.love.unity

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:09 am

She's spoken about relationships, especially sleeping with somebody and how she'd never do that unless she's in love with the person. Id say that's pretty old fashioned.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat May 31, 2014 6:26 pm

I guess it's all different to different people. Depending on how you was raised. You see things different.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down