Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mirror-World PT1

Go down

Mirror-World PT1 Empty Mirror-World PT1

Post by cbwhoknows Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi! i just thought i would post my short story here....so enjoy! Razz
Copyright bye ME!!!! its mine please don't copy!

If I ever vanish from this world, I, hereby, Marcus Kierzenbaum, leave everything I own to my niece Alexandria Spierenburg, excepting the only mirror I own, to which I leave to my other niece Chloe Banksterden.
Pff, I can’t believe he left everything to Alex who is filthy rich and left me only a mirror! Doesn’t he know that I am an artist with many economic needs and that owning a house would be really relieving? Ugh, knowing how distracted was Uncle Marcus; he probably confused our names even though they are similar in nothing. Bloody Hell! I can’t believe… Really? A mirror? Of all the things he could leave me, a mirror?
As Chloe thought this, she got up and went to wash her face. She roughly washed it; she was too bugged to do a better job on it.
I’m just gonna forget about this situation until tomorrow, when the mirror comes, and go to sleep. If I keep thinking about this, then I won’t be able to sleep; she contemplated.
She laid down and immediately went to sleep. Chloe did not seem to notice her clothes, covers, and bed full of paint. The surrounding walls had many painted peculiar faces, mythical landscapes, and butterfly wings. However, the most curious detail about the walls was that everything was unfinished; they were all painted halfway through, as if the painter could not visualize the rest of her creation, as if the painter could not figure out the rest of her work, as if the painter could remember the rest of her imagination.
While she slept, a beautiful enchanted land enveloped her dream world. Chirping birds, whistling wind, welcoming trees, dancing fairies, were all becoming more and more vivid by the second. She walked through her beautiful dream world. Butterflies coated her by every step she took, until finally becoming her clothes. The sun shone different colors from every single possible angle; making it feel like an amusing kaleidoscope forestry. Chloe, swirling and twirling, danced all over the place along with the fairies. With her arms widely spread open, she received the flying mythical phoenixes who were vitalizing the ancient trees. They all jubilantly danced, elatedly sang, joyously laughed, gleefully joked, exultantly jumped, ecstatically smiled; they all were having the time of their lives.
Bam! Chloe fell off her bed unto the floor. Bam! Bam! She heard. Bam! Bam! Again! It was the door; someone was banging very hard on it. Bam! Bam! She immediately got up and quickly hurried to open the door. It was Cody, her twin. They were both were identical. Navy dark blue eyes and curly messy dark brown hair characterized their face. They both had a slender body complex, with a slight tan.
“Hi Code.”
“Hi Clo. I‘m just here to drop by Uncle Marcus mirror or should I say your mirror?” said Cody holding with his extremely long arms a mirror.
“Oh, shut up and come in.” He entered her apartment to her living room and placed the huge mirror leaning on a wall.
“Looks good there, right Chlo?”
“Just right,” she responded looking down with a frown on her face.
“What‘s wrong, ‘sis? I know it is not a house like the one that was left to Alexa, but at least it is something right? I mean look at this mirror it is gigantic. It probably must be about 2 meters long and 1.30 meters long. If I had something that big, I would probably be bragging about it to everybody.”
She lifted her head up and with a faint smile she responded, “You are right, Code. But I just don’t know why I feel so happy and excited to see it, yet sad and afraid to see it.”
“Now that is strange. Doesn‘t it maybe have to do with the fact that you can‘t remember what happened ten years ago when you saw Uncle Marcus for the last time?”
“How can I can I remember that? I was ten years old? But, I get your point. I probably don‘t recall anything because I hit my head that day. ”
“Yeah, about that, I was not there to protect you. I‘m sor-”
“Don‘t worry,” she interrupted. “Whatever happened, was meant that way. We can‘t do anything about it now. Enjoying what we have today, we might do as well.”
“Hahaha. True, true. Well, I’ll get going now. I‘ve gotta go to work. See ya, Chloe, and enjoy your new mirror.”
“Bye Cody.”
Chloe walked by the mirror and ignored it on the way to her studio. She painted all day, nonetheless, left unfinished all of her paintings. At night, she left the studio to drink hot chocolate with marshmallows. Sitting on her zebra patterned sofa, she observed her mirror for about twelve minutes, until she finished her chocolate. Cleaning off the white the mustache left by the marshmallows, Chloe walked to the mirror and examined it closely. Its enormous size did not seem to intimidate her; to the contrary, it completely fascinated her. The ancient wooden frame was detailed to such point, that perfection would not be enough to describe it.
It was definitely red cedar, no doubt about it. I can tell from its aroma, thought Chloe analytically.
On its corners, incised wooden leaves framed the mirror, as garlanded scrupulous vines encircled and festooned the frame with tulips like no other. So thorough, so painstaking, so detailed the tulips were. They were, indeed, like no other, like if the pass of the eroding time had not affected them. On its corners, besides the tulips, lavish bows lay on top of the flowers making its petals fall. Hand-sized fairies flew beside the falling petals as if they were trying to catch them. All of this was engraved on the mirror’s frame. Yet, Chloe inspected it closer and saw an inscription. But, what was it? Passing her hands through the in scripted words, she read:
Faith, innocence, willpower, imagination, all only important to the fay. Have one and they will see you. Have two and you will see them as they will see you. Have three and they may help you. Have none and you’ll just see yourself, have them all and you’ll see another world to which you may cross. Have the contrary of any and you will be consumed. Have some of each and returning will be void. Nothing is what it seems.
A slight yelp was emitted by Chloe as she cut her hand by touching a sharp pointy leaf. Being afraid of blood, she step back, tripped, and fell, hitting her head slightly on the floor to which she blacked out.
cbwhoknows
cbwhoknows

Back to top Go down

Mirror-World PT1 Empty Re: Mirror-World PT1

Post by Guest Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:55 pm

O.O WHOA THIS IS AWESOMEE!

Back to top Go down