Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Album release delayed

+53
lolitamuse
MrCaptivation
zeeke starz
Alcyone
Street Halo
Tara
XcjaX
out of the hollow
kailen
Dany535
Forace
morphiid
MoonChildEve
maintube
Tsukiko
stargirlstrike
PinkBarrierLou
ShadowViolin
phantom1701
Hexe
mimi
eternal.lullaby
Twink*
MaryCourage
DarkShamaness
SuicideBullet15
PoeticAbomination(:
Aduhm
foreverwaiting_moonchild
CherryCherryMoon
Quincy
Killjoychemicalchaos
Dawty
kurlz_98
Little Phoenix
LadyMimic
Poetic
EetuJaKeijut
joseph325625
DaianaTH
moonchild_amarah
Lilee
BrowniesBeffy
Krissy
weliton
alis18
Midnight
Natt
Michael.Stephen
DarkMoon
RomaZzzRoma
TanyaMinxy
cheerguy100
57 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Album release delayed - Page 11 Empty Re: Album release delayed

Post by ShadowViolin Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:43 am

haha i already tweeted lol Smile

I think the problem is that Island Def Jam want money and i don't think that her album will be big at the moment. But honestly i don't want her album to be big. If it will be big, she will have more crazy fans like GaGa & Co has. Not true fans, only fans because she will be popular...

Honestly, i think the best for Kerli would be a indie label. Or she's without a label, then she could release her music through a own website when she wants (for money, of course). Then she can make music when she wants (and she likes to make music!) and we fans were happier to, because we would get more new music...
ShadowViolin
ShadowViolin

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:17 am

Island wont release the album without a single >.<
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMimic Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:38 am

Well if fans spam them with tweets they might consider hurrying up with the single so the album can come out as soon as possible Smile
LadyMimic
LadyMimic

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:17 am

True (: I dont have a twitter though :<
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:04 pm

I doubt that's gonna work.It's worth a try tho. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Tanya, I didn't know that u mentioned about it,,,

but in one interview she said that her mgmt and label wanna that she was so famous like a Gaga..... and someone from IDJ when was released ZG mentioned on Twitter that in this year she going to be worldwide artist
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Well I hope that will be true. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcyone Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:14 am

I don't think the record company will release Kerli's album because it's been completed since June 2010 and it's already over 2 years since they're delaying it...They didn't even pay for the Army of Love video, plus it's only this year that they released the "first" single, which from what I understood it's not even considered the first single! I think it's the lack of money, plus they don't think it will bring sales. Maybe because AOL didn't sell too much, so it's not profitable to invest, but I don't really know the figures for it( AOL). They don't support her, and she does everything by herself, which is a pitty 'cause she's really talented. She should sell her music online, and maybe if she's out of contract one day, it will be better for her, financially and otherwise. Until then, the record company wastes her time and her fans' time. I think it's really stressful for her to be in this position.
I don't want to upset anyone, this is just my oppinion, and I've been waiting for her album and project to come out since 2010 and well...I'm frustrated with this!

Alcyone

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowViolin Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:44 am

So true what you said!

I hope she will be out of contract soon and then 'release' her music online. She loves to make new music so why not release it online?

I'm sure she could create at least one album per year and if she release this online it would be better for the fans and finally for her too!
ShadowViolin
ShadowViolin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:05 am

Releasing music online can be hard to get publicity though... Sure her fans would do it but it might be hard to branch out.
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcyone Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:39 am

Yeah, but what to do when you have an X years contract with a music Giant? The record company is a Corporation, it has lots of employees and it's main goal is to bring in profit. It wouldn't matter it they like it or not( the music), it's what the public wants and BUYS. Smaller music label would mean smaller budget, but that would be fine with Kerli since she does all her videos all by herself and her friends, she writes the script and she does the props, she writes the lyrics and produces the music( for better or worse) and does her own styling, so she could survive on a very small label 'cause she knows to do it all( and does it good for most of the time).
For as much as she writes music, she could release even 2 albums per year! If only she could get out of this contract that's restraining her. She really don't need them, THEY need her.
Besides she pays her rent from her own money, she's super-independent Razz

Last edited by Alcyone on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alcyone

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMimic Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:15 am

Well I guess she'll have to stick it out until they drop her or her contract is up. Most of the time labels will only let people out of a contract if they pay out or if they do really bad then they get dropped. Unless they come to an agreement where she can leave but most of the time labels want money. I agree about maybe she should go to a smaller label, Emilie Autumn is doing great with a small one. She may not get onto any charts but she is still known and at least her music gets released once its ready. Though on the other hand Kerli must know some people who can help her get onto another label if things get bad.
LadyMimic
LadyMimic

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:01 am

Very well said Alcyone.I agree with you!A small label company i think would be good for her.I guess she's stuck with this label for a while.We don't know how many CDS she signed for them to do. I really hope her new album will do better and bring in the money.[

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcyone Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Yeah, I also hope and KNOW she will be just fine, 'cause she's super-clever and dependable.
Most of the record contracts are for 6 years and/or 4 albums, which is ...if she's signed since 2006 it may be over this year( don't really know when? 2006? 2008?) but we'll see. Anyway, I know it will be alright, she's proved she doesn't need a label, but if they're stupid... oh well.
She's got talent like for 10 other people, imagine: hair-stylist, writer, producer, dancer(?), script writer, designer( for stage props), cooker( hehe), blogger & manager. Got Vespertine for photos( amazing photographer in my opinion). She's got concerts, writes for other people, so I know she will be fine with the money to live well.

Last edited by Alcyone on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Alcyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 pm

Yeah!!Oh right i was thinking that.So out of her whole time she only put out one Album.Well 2 when the second one comes out. I have faith in Kerli to do well.I just think she won't go any where if she sticks with this shitty label!!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:26 am

Island isnt gonna drop her because otherwise they wouldnt have released Zero Gravity.. also you guys are forgetting one thing.. You know why Kerli is doing all these performances? Cause Island is BUYING THEM. Stop saying her label hates her, Kerli said many times her management is very good and the ONLY reason the album isnt released yet is because they want more promotion with singles but they need money for that.

As for me I know im not gonna be buying this album :/
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:18 pm

I don't attack her label and I understand what happen with Kerli.. they wanna like the best.... and IDJ is more American label and this is a normal that she is promoting only in USA... I remember that during AOL she had a little radio promo tour, she visited a few radios.... and also during one interview she said that she will have more shows when her album will be released.....

we don't know how looks situations... maybe they working on the new single, like cover, music video or doing plan for her album...

we don't know
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:21 pm

nobody was really attacking her label/People were just saying there oppions of what they were thinking. I will buy the album when it's released and if it's released outside America this time. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:43 am

The reason I'm not intersted in the album anymore is because it has so few songs and from everything we've gotten so far..nothing really amazes me.
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:48 am

I can understand that.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:52 am

"The album is done and mastered and we're talking about a fall release but we'll see. Also I never stop writing so who knows, some new material might still pop up that blows everything else away. Writing is my favorite part of the whole thing."

So now its fall :/
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:43 am

next year fall? or year after that? -,-'
i can't wait anymore
phantom1701
phantom1701

http://www.nightwish-croatia.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:53 am

and Lady Gaga will anounced in September album and released for Christmas...

hope that she will not gives shadow to K album....

but K doing although another projects... e.g. with Google +
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:02 am

True, I guess it's good that she's doing projects and tours. I kinda figured it would be released in fall anyway... I just hope it actually is and it doesn't end up being like "oh, Lady Gaga's album is going to be released so now we're going to push Kerli's album to 2013." -_-

Being that it's finished and mastered and she's been promoting, I don't see why it can't come out early fall at least. Why else wait? It's only going to lose even more fans as they get uninterested and tired of waiting...
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowViolin Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:20 am

Hmm i don't know what to think about this. Saleswise it's a good thing because sales are much higher in fall/winter than in summer, but otherwise it's not that good releasing funny dancy summer songs in fall/winter...

Finally, i hope they release When You Cry as the first single in October and album a few weeks later. WYC would be the perfect single for fall/winter (in my opinion).
ShadowViolin
ShadowViolin

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMimic Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:30 pm

To be honest it sounds like her label still hasn't made up their mind on when to release her album. Its great that she's doing alot of promotion though, so much more than she did with her first album. The only thing that is going to bother me if she performs any more new songs as when the album does come out it won't be much of a surprise as I'll know most of the songs. I want to listen to an album and have that surprise where I am like "OMG never heard this song before!".

It could also be a problem for Kerli as most artists usually release new albums in the fall in time for Christmas so I just hope all the promotion pays off!
LadyMimic
LadyMimic

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:57 pm

when i read the interview, i got kind of pissed.
Fall? T.T
I wish kerli would just sit down with us and tell us everything that's going on. not like the title or anything, just whats going on.
I'm glad she is having a video chat soon. i hope she talks a lot about the new album. Last time she said she would have a chat right before she releases something new. but i don't think anything is coming out soon.
Aduhm
Aduhm

Location : In a Black, Black World, there was a Black, Black Town.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:13 pm

I just had a feeling it get pushed back again.So now it's coming out in the fall? This is getting annoying how her label keeps pushing it back.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowViolin Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:57 pm

btw it is possible that Rihanna also release a new album this year in fall/winter and as i know she's also by Island Def Jam...

I don't know if this will affect Kerli...
ShadowViolin
ShadowViolin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twink* Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:10 am

ShadowViolin wrote:Saleswise it's a good thing because sales are much higher in fall/winter than in summer, but otherwise it's not that good releasing funny dancy summer songs in fall/winter...
If the cd had been released already, she could already have been making money. So I don't think that's a valid excuse.

I'm sure that in the video chat she won't reveal much, and make excuses and say it's her label and she can't do anything about it (the usual), but those aren't valid excuses either in my opinion. Just cut to the chase and tell us why it isn't being released yet, truthfully.

As I've said before, in the Audrey Kitching interview she said she can still decide to write new stuff and add or change anything. <- her decision
I understand she wants to love the album herself before releasing it, but honestly, if you've written over 100 songs... PICK SOME ALREADY and release it!!! No one will even remember she made a first cd, that's really sad, the amount of time in between cd's is just too long. She has been working on this ever since the first cd was released. She said there will only be 11 tracks on the second cd, so it can't be that hard to release 11 now and prepare the third album for next year, for example.

I'm not being rude, I'm just frustrated that she isn't able to make decision and stay with them. She changes her mind over everything all the time. I was seriously doubting whether the video chat was still coming (she had a poll long time ago and said it would be soon). She promises so much and then leaves us hanging... I wish she would narrow things down and keep it limited so she can actually do what she promises.
She can't do everything she wants, because she wants so much and then nothing happens... Sad

I don't care much for all those posts on buzznet, about goths, dolls, mirror mirror, shoes,... so superficial and such time wasted. Iamamoonchild.net was much more interesting and fun and being connected with both her and the fans.
Twink*
Twink*

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:54 am

I agree with you Twink and feel the same way. I'M so sad about the CD being pushed back once again.I was really looking forward to it coming out this summer.I'M Sick & tired of waiting for this second album too.I'M sure we all would love and wish Kerli could be honest with us about why it's taking so long.But i don't think maybe she can. I also wish she would hurry up and pick 11 songs and stop changing her mind all the time.She needs to stick with something.

You know i don't really feel excited anymore for the album.You were not being rude.Just being honest with your feelings.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Twink* Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:04 am

Thanks for understanding :-)
Twink*
Twink*

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:22 am

no problem....

Do u think the spaming the label on twitter had anything to do with the cd being pushed back?

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Twink* Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:46 am

I don't think so... Just recently Kerli said she was working on a new track, so I think she wants to add it, and maybe mix "Let the kids unite" if it wasn't planned to be included at first.
Twink*
Twink*

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMimic Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:14 am

If that is the case then I don't think she should add it to the new album as you know its finished and she should just leave it like it is. If the album does well then maybe she should consider a re-release or something to add new songs. I know she wants it be to perfect but nothing is ever perfect so she should just leave it and I am sure it is amazing as it is.
LadyMimic
LadyMimic

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcyone Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 am

Island Def Jam is not serious. She's been delayed for 2 years, and now even more. I've been sensing this and it's not good. Nothing good will come from this, no matter the reason.
I also feel that this blogging is a waste of energy.
And if she continues to write music, it may alter the original idea and flavor that was intended for this album. I dunno...

Alcyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Now fall.. then winter again.. then summer.. then fall again.. then spring.. etc
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Yeah,Before we know it.She will tell s.album coming 2013. I agree i think she should just release it.Or she could have some songs has bousns tracks i don't know.The longer they make fans waite the more fans will just stop being insterseted in her.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcyone Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Street Halo wrote:Now fall.. then winter again.. then summer.. then fall again.. then spring.. etc
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Razz

Yeah,Before we know it.She will tell s.album coming 2013. I agree i think she should just release it.Or she could have some songs has bousns tracks i don't know.The longer they make fans waite the more fans will just stop being insterseted in her.
Plus, we know the songs already, at least some of them, and it's for over a year. The music scene is changing rapidly, the "trendy" sounds change, so it may not be on par with what's successful today. Seriously, like she works on thins record since 2009, it's almost 4 years!
Most albums that have songs that leaked before the release don't sell well( i.e. Natalia Kills).

Alcyone

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowViolin Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:36 am

I agree with all the previous post.

Hopefully she reads this...
ShadowViolin
ShadowViolin

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkBarrierLou Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:52 am

I agree too but althought I don't want to sound pessimistic and I really hope that kerlis actions will prove me wrong but I believe that the album will be released in 2013 XD
PinkBarrierLou
PinkBarrierLou

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:59 am

You know what, ill be happy if we get another single before 2013..
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:27 pm

It's just a shame her label keeps pushing her Album back all the time.I'd love to know the honest truth to why it's pushed back.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkBarrierLou Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:19 pm

@Street Halo I feel exactly the same way XD
PinkBarrierLou
PinkBarrierLou

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Street Halo wrote:You know what, ill be happy if we get another single before 2013..

sad but true
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maintube Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:16 pm

The bad part is IDJ doesn't have a "contact us" on their website. Cowards.
maintube
maintube

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowViolin Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:38 pm

maintube wrote:The bad part is IDJ doesn't have a "contact us" on their website. Cowards.

Haha i noticed the same! I also thought about to send them a mail or so but i didn't found an adress xD
ShadowViolin
ShadowViolin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alcyone Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:31 am

PinkBarrierLou wrote:I agree too but althought I don't want to sound pessimistic and I really hope that kerlis actions will prove me wrong but I believe that the album will be released in 2013 XD
Me too. I also want it to be released NOW.

Alcyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:59 am

Like i said many times over.The Second Album should of been released years ago.Other new singers seem to push out more albums in 4 years.I guess the spaming the Label on twitter didn't do any good.What i don't like is Kerli when she say's the album will be out spring/summer then she say's fall/winter.I guess we have to waite longer.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:26 am

ShadowViolin wrote:
maintube wrote:The bad part is IDJ doesn't have a "contact us" on their website. Cowards.

Haha i noticed the same! I also thought about to send them a mail or so but i didn't found an adress xD

^ lol I tried that too xD
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next