Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart

3 posters

Go down

The Heart Empty The Heart

Post by lunachild Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 am

This is a vampire story about an underground society of vampires who help people. When they find someone trying to commit suicide they try to save them on the brink of death. Whoever they find wont live if they aren't changed, but they don't want to make anything worse so they turn the human into a half vampire. Then they try to set them straight... the person can either choose to die, live out a long life as a half vampire and die naturally, or become a full vampire and do their own thing. Watch as this story unravels its self.

The Heart

Okay… okay… okay… I can speak… I can breathe… I’m alive… okay… okay… okay…

That is all I could think as I lay here. It seems as though my life has changed in so many ways that I can’t explain. But then again… there is an explanation for everything right? Like the reason I’m still alive for instance. It seems suicide failed me. There must be a reason why I’m still here and not gone. Maybe it would be best that I start from the beginning… yes that would be a good idea. The beginning, back when I thought this would be the only way out; back when I thought that I would be dead at this very moment… unmoving… not breathing… dead….

It all started on a Friday afternoon. It had been yet another terrible day where I felt like nothing was good enough… that I wasn’t good enough. In the morning I had fought with my drunk of a mother, and begged my druggie of a dad to kick her out. You see, my “mother” wasn’t my real mom. It was just some gross woman that my dad married because she had money. I was surprised that she hadn’t drunk all of her money already. He claimed to be happy, but that was only because he now had the money to buy his daily fix. I was living in hell so to speak. The worst part was I had no other family to turn to… just them. My grandparents were dead, and my real mother’s side of the family wouldn’t speak to my father or me for that matter. They thought I was a druggie too. My father had no siblings so to speak, so there were no aunts or uncles on that side to turn to. My step-mother’s family wouldn’t speak to her either, and they didn’t even know about me. I was alone.

Sure, I had a few friends, but I never let them know of my pain. Why should I? They wouldn’t be of any help. The school guidance counselor was useless. Miss Bell was only in it for the pay pretty much. The only people she ever helped were teens that had boy/girlfriend issues and problems with other friends. I tried going to her once and she just thought I was being overly dramatic because in my appearance was there no sign of any abuse, nor scent of drugs and alcohol. I was alone.

I curse myself daily. I curse all I am, and all I ever dreamed of. I cruse the way I breathe, the way I think… today, I cursed myself for ever being born. Then the thought of suicide entered my brain. But of course it would be one way out, no? No one really cared for me, and I didn’t care for myself either. Wouldn’t death be less painful then life? What was a life with nothing worth living for? My own father won’t even notice, I thought. Yes… this would be the perfect way out… my own suicide.

That is when I began to plan it as I walked home – not really a home – from school – not really a school. I began to think up all of these different ways; ways that only a very creative mind could have thought up. Yet they all seemed too dramatic… too gory… too quick. I wanted to suffer, if only for a moment. I wanted there to be a corpse for everyone who ever doubted me to cry over as my lifeless body was being lowered down into the ground. I wanted them to all see it… I wanted them all there! I wanted suffering of others, the way I suffered my whole life.

I stopped at the park near the apartment complex where I lived. Again, it wasn’t really a home, just a place where I breathed in polluted air and wished that life could end. I took out my note book and began a letter saying how I wanted everyone from school, including the teachers, all family, including the ones who didn’t speak to each other… just everyone to be there! Invite the whole town if they had to. That was my final request: to have everyone see my corpse laying on a bed of roses, my skin pale, eyes closed long dark hair in curls, and my dress black as night.

The part about getting the job done was simple, so simple… yet so simple it seemed hard to come up with.

There was a garden near where I lived and it was the most beautiful site in this God forsaken town. A building was perched in the center of it, and attached to that building was a bell tower. If one were to drop a pebble from that bell tower it would land in a flower bed of lavender. That is what I would do… I would be that pebble one was to drop… I would land in the lavender patch with the note attached to my belt. Yes… that would be perfect.

Then I found myself running toward that garden. I wanted to get it done, just as the sun was setting. I reached the place so fast, it felt like only a second before I was climbing the stairs to the bell tower. When I reached the edge I looked down to the lavender bed, terror and excitement filling my head. Soon it would be over… soon I would be dead. Quickly I fastened the letter to my belt and watched as the sun was about to set. Just as twilight struck, I fell forward and for a split second after, I regretted ever making this decision. My body hit the ground hard. I felt my insides shatter and lavender flowers and dirt filled my lungs as I gasped in my final breath… or what I thought was my final breath.

I think for a few minutes I had one of those out of body experiences. All I remember was I was looking down at myself, my body’s face was in the dirt so all I could see was my mangled body lying there, my hair spread out over the lavender. For a minute I felt peace.

Then there was the pain. Oh, so painful! There was something burning and I tasted dirt. Some people were shouting. One voice was soft and nurturing, another was rough, and the last was lame and relaxed. I didn’t recognize the voices at all. I began to wonder why I was here them in the first place. I was dead wasn’t? I’d had the whole out of body experience and everything! I should be dead... but by some sick twist of fate, I wasn’t. I was alive. The thoughts came swirling to my head as the pain burned deeper and deeper through me. I let out a moan of pain.

Then the voices began to come clear to my head. I could hear them perfectly. The nurturing one was a woman and the other two were men.

“Is she alive?” said the rough voice, sounding rushed and angry. I was questioning what his problem was. If he wanted me alive, why would be so bitter about it?

A sigh, followed by a cool touch… “Yes. She is alive, and the process is beginning. We need to get her back to the tunnels though. We can’t risk anyone seeing us here. There might be an ambulance on the way if someone else besides us saw her jump.”

“I don’t see why we need to keep this one,” said the voice of a boy. He sounded completely uninterested in what was going on. “Why can’t I just eat her?” Okay… maybe a little bit more interested.

The whole time the same thoughts kept going through my head. I moaned again, and the female gasped. “We need to get her out of here… now!” I felt myself being lifted up. The thoughts played over and over in my head like a broken record.

Then I felt cold as the wind picked up. The experience felt like flying but I knew that was impossible. I felt sick as we went, amazed at how strong this woman was. She was gentle but just rough enough to give me an uneasy feeling… either that or I was just getting motion sick. All at once darkness took over and I blacked out of this realm.

When I woke, I was in a place I didn’t know. There was someone in the room with me: a pale woman with auburn hair and a kind look on her face. I moaned a little before blacking out once again, only to wake up what seemed like a few minutes late – though it had been hours – to a clanging sound and some yelling. I tried to sit up but my head pounded and I felt like I was going to be sick. As I lay back down on the pillows my vision went fuzzy and once again I was out like a log. The next time I woke up, I dreaded it almost instantly, for I was unprepared for what was to come.

I woke feeling… well… great! Not mentally, because I felt that I’d failed myself. Physically I felt amazing like I could run a marathon. I found myself smiling, and was glad no one was around to see how stupid I must look. Then a voice proved me wrong.

“I see you’re feeling better,” said that soft voice. I looked up to see deep blue eyes that were smiling like the sun. I still wondered who she was. No names had been said when I was lying face down in the dirt. “I’m Amy by the way. Welcome to the Order, Mary Luis Brown.” I winced at my name. I’d hated even more every time I heard it.

lunachild
lunachild

Location : Taking a walk on that little beach somewhere on the peaceful island in my mind...

Back to top Go down

The Heart Empty Re: The Heart

Post by Killjoychemicalchaos Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Damn this is really good.....
Killjoychemicalchaos
Killjoychemicalchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:39 am

Thanks Smile It changed a lot though when I actually started writing it.
lunachild
lunachild

Location : Taking a walk on that little beach somewhere on the peaceful island in my mind...

Back to top Go down

Post by wilsonjack230 Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:00 pm

awesome story

wilsonjack230

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Okay, so I've been writing so much lately! And this isn't even how theHeart is now. it is totally different! It's up on Wattpad if anyone is interested. I would put up the first chapter but it is very... graphic? so I can't.
lunachild
lunachild

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down