Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Up

+32
jayson526
AennilLinnEa
Amarine2008
moonchild_amarah
LittleHeartie
Unique Emerald
MaryCourage
TanyaMinxy
lunachild
MoonChildEve
BabyGruffalo.oflove
robotbox_x
Riley
FullMoon_LH
TheReaperess
Forace
cindragale
ghost_flower
Natt
Liisu
catloafwithpotato
lyndseyjoy
EetuJaKeijut
mimi
ChicaLuna
JaneLove
Claudia
Krissy
BrowniesBeffy
Winter
javieljones
Midnight
36 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Make Up - Page 3 Empty Re: Make Up

Post by Krissy Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:39 pm

very cool!!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneLove Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:50 pm

@robotbox_x Ooh, I like it!
@mimi So, it's the nail polish that makes that effect???
JaneLove
JaneLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:02 pm

@robotbox_x
Wow, that is sooo pretty. I might have to get some Sugarpill stuff. When I get more money...I spent it all at the mall.

@mimi
So the nail polish actually does that? So what it is, basically, is you put on the base coat, and then you put that over it?
They sell some really cheap stuff at Wal*Mart and Target that is both of the colors. I'm thinking about buying some.... When I get more money....
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:35 am

yeah. u put ur colour on like normal and then put a single coat of the instant effect and it cracks! Very Happy its well cool
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:18 am

Isadora has nailpolishes as that as well Smile I've always wanted to try one. It's 30% sale in a make up store, maybe i'll buy one.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:23 am

I never saw a nailpolish like that! It's really awesome <3 But I don't use nailpolish very often...because I'm not allowed to wear it at work.
I never heard of Barry M also....

And I love the Sugarpill Eyeshadow <3 Sadly I can't buy anything from Sugarpill...my parents don't want me to do that...

Last edited by Midnight on Sun May 01, 2011 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:32 am

I just found out that a norwegian store called Make Up Art (in the town I live in)sells Barry M, Ben Nye and Smashbox products. I'm so going on Make Up shopping soon xx <3
I've been in that store several times, but I've never noticed those brands, only Glominerals, OPI and such. Maybe cause when I'm in the store I take a quick walk in it and then I leave lol
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:43 am

We got make up store here called Kicks and apparently they are looking for new sales-person. Oh and i happen to be looking for job, perfect match? Very Happy
Some nice controversy atleast.

I'm ordering some Sugarpill next week, so excited because the colours are totally fab <3
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:42 am

oh oh oh! brilliant i hope u get the job!!!! Very Happy u may send me some free make up then Very Happy
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:08 am

BrowniesBeffy wrote:I just found out that a norwegian store called Make Up Art (in the town I live in)sells Barry M, Ben Nye and Smashbox products. I'm so going on Make Up shopping soon xx <3
Awesome. Smile Ben Nye makes some fun stuff, too.
Ene wrote:We got make up store here called Kicks and apparently they are looking for new sales-person. Oh and i happen to be looking for job, perfect match? Very Happy
Some nice controversy atleast.

I'm ordering some Sugarpill next week, so excited because the colours are totally fab <3
Good luck!
What Sugarpill are you getting? I've only used the pressed shadow, and it pretty much comes out how it looks, but I've only used it with primer. I ordered the Burning Heart Palette last week.

Last edited by catloafwithpotato on Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

http://katloaf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:25 am

Just saying... Hard Candy is beast, okay? I have the purple glitter eyeliner and eye shadow, metallic purple eye liner, berry colored lip liner, maven push button lip gloss, gypsy colored[it's a pinkish-clear] fortune gloss[it's called that cuz it has a tiny 8-ball in the lid cap thingy], and electric blue mascara. [the lip liner and push button lip gloss came in a set]
I am, as you can see, obsessed with Hard Candy. I need to get some regular eye shadow. Oh, and you can find Hard Candy in the cosmetics at Wal*Mart, and I'm pretty sure that's the only place other than online.

Find products here:
http://www.walmart.com/browse/Health-Beauty/Hard-Candy/_/N-8z31Z1yzlys6Zaq90Zaqce/Ne-aq6s?ic=48_0&ref=418717.418717+500500.4292443734&tab_value=15831_All&catNavId=1007040

That's just so you can get the idea of what they have. Smile
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:15 pm

I wish we had Wal-Mart here.. ;/
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:24 pm

i never used hard candy make up

only NYC.....A CHEAP make-up brand..

damn nail polish never last longer then 5 days...even if says on the lable long lasting.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyGruffalo.oflove Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:55 am

I just got a Hello kitty eye shadow bundle from MAC..
My sister got it for me for my bday && I got A wonder woman lip gloss by MAC && eyeshadow..
Im pretty dang excited...

but Im thinking of doing somethigng different with my makeup idk what yett
BabyGruffalo.oflove
BabyGruffalo.oflove

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:46 am

I occasionaly put nude lipstick on...it acts as a lip balm to me. Other than that, I'm too young for make up XD
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:02 am

Michelle Phan has some AMAZING make up tutorials. I've been getting a lot of new ideas from her videos lately Very Happy
Here's her fairy look:

Eep Sugarpill should be here this week, i'll send pics when i finish some look with them Very Happy
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:17 am

I LOVE Michelle! XD
But I don't like it how people say with her Black Swan look that she was copying Klaire De Lys. I think both looks are beautiful D:
Anyways, Michelle is really talented.
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 am

Michelle is talented, but the make up looks she does are a bit boring. I like the fairy look and her old tutorial, they were fun Very Happy
I like Petrilude and Klairedelysart more Razz
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyGruffalo.oflove Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Never watched her tuturials before butt I like the fairy look..
I think I might start to do my make up in a more bubble goth style
Instead of the emo thing I got going on noww.
Cause I've got this big curly hair now so I need something
More vibrant and ....... poppy I should say.. if that make sense..
Andumyeah any suggestions swing them my wayy
BabyGruffalo.oflove
BabyGruffalo.oflove

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:25 pm

im feeling super glittery and really colourful at the minute - hence my hair lol
i also made some glittery hairpieces for myself tonight because on friday im going out (purple glittery eyeshadow to match my hair haha) and then glittery hairclips!

cant wait!
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:09 am

I can't wait to buy Barry M ^^
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sun May 01, 2011 1:46 am

I just found this picture....and I love it ^^

Make Up - Page 3 Amu810

My first thought was "Yeeyyy Moonmarks" ^^, but it's not Kerli related or something...
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sun May 01, 2011 1:48 am

well i used dots in my make up before moonmarks were invented so im sure hundreds of other people do it too lol Very Happy
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sun May 01, 2011 1:51 am

True ^^
But that made me happy...haha xD I'm a little....crazy (?)...sometimes xD
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Sun May 01, 2011 10:06 am

Barry M is amazing ^^ I love their nail polish, and I got my mom a Barry M pallete thingy for Christmas and it works really well.
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyGruffalo.oflove Tue May 03, 2011 9:33 pm

I just got some new MAC products.
Wonder Woman addition eeeepp
Well they arent new they came out
A little before xmas.. But I have some eye shadow
And a bright red lip gloss I lovee it

Oh and that picture up there^^ is cool.
And whoever it is has pretty eyes lol
BabyGruffalo.oflove
BabyGruffalo.oflove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 04, 2011 7:28 am

I have a picture where I used three dots in my makeup before I knew of Kerli! Smile so I think many people do this.

I want to try to make new makeup designs but I don't have a big selection. ANyone know of a good multi-color eyeshadow palette that is good and not much money?

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed May 04, 2011 7:29 am

Can you guys recommend a good foundation, that is not tested on animals, good for sensitive skin, dosen't cost much and covers good? Smile
I seriously need a foundation, my skin needs to be covered.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon May 16, 2011 9:56 am

This is bad.

TORONTO — An environmental advocacy group is urging the government to impose stricter regulations on the cosmetics industry after publishing a report that suggests many makeup products contain a number of toxic heavy metals.

The report titled "Heavy Metal Hazards" by Environmental Defence calls on Health Canada to improve its cosmetics regulation and make companies list all metals on their product labels -- moves which are being decried by representatives of the cosmetics industry.

The group tested 49 makeup products and found all of them contained varying amounts of heavy metals, including one lip gloss which contained levels of arsenic and lead exceeding limits recommended by Health Canada.

"The fact that virtually all the products were tested had some levels of these chemicals is a concern," said Rick Smith, executive director of Environmental Defence. "Heavy metals are linked to quite serious human disease."

While the report found products tested largely met draft guidelines prepared by Health Canada in 2009, Environmental Defence is urging the government to revise the rules to reflect that lower levels of certain metals are "technically avoidable" in the manufacturing process.

"A big part of our message to Health Canada is 'Can you please get a move on adopting them, and before you do, can you please improve them,"' said Smith. "The fact that at the moment the federal government isn't regulating these chemicals as it should, that should be a concern for Canadians."

Health Canada could not be reached for comment Sunday.

The report is being disputed by the Canadian Cosmetics, Toiletries and Fragrances Association, which argues the publication lacks context as the metals are not ingredients but impurities -- unintentional contaminants from the manufacturing process -- and are found in such minimal amounts that they pose no significant risk.

"For any of those amounts to be of concerns to consumers, you would probably have to eat pounds and pounds of makeup every day to get within the realm of risk," said organization president Darren Praznik. "They're distorting the science and they're distorting the risk for the purpose of causing very unnecessary public concern."

The report asked six women of various ages from across the country to identify five pieces of face makeup they used regularly to be tested. Environmental Defence chose five additional products and 49 different items which included powders, foundations, concealers, blushes, mascaras, eyeliners and lip glosses -- were finally tested for the presence of heavy metals.

Tests found that all of the products tested contained trace amounts of nickel, lead and beryllium. On average, products contained four of eight "metals of concern." All but one of the products, however, contained metal amounts within Health Canada's draft guidelines.

Praznik pointed out that the guidelines for metals in makeup use the same standards that are applied for ingestible pharmaceuticals, all measured in parts per million. He added that even products with higher levels of trace metals than others would have to be used much more than normal to present a significant health risk.

"It was a report that really took no information and tried to make it into something of great importance when it just isn't there," he said. "These are naturally occurring trace amounts that occur in just about everything, and the reason they're there is because they occur in nature."

The cosmetics industry advocate also argues that mandatory labelling of the metal impurities would create unnecessary concern among consumers due to more lack of context, and would eventually lead to a desensitizing towards real hazards.

"If you don't put it in context, if it doesn't add value to the whole health equation, then it undermines the whole warning system," Praznik said.

Meanwhile, Environmental Defence argues that consumers should be able to make an educated choice when purchasing their products.

"We think consumers deserve that information and frankly, that will very much focus the attention of manufacturers on the problem," said Smith. "Canadian labelling standards are absolutely miserable when it comes to labelling standards elsewhere in the world."

The organization also said the fact that trace metal amounts vary in similar cosmetics means that some manufacturers work harder than others to produce safe products.

"Yes, in many cases these are low levels but scientists and doctors are clearly telling us that there is no safe level when it comes to things like lead," Smith said. "The only responsible response from cosmetics manufacturers is to commit to doing better."

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Health/20110516/cosmetics-regulation-report-110516/

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Tue May 17, 2011 3:19 am

secretpersonfp wrote:I have a picture where I used three dots in my makeup before I knew of Kerli! Smile so I think many people do this.

I want to try to make new makeup designs but I don't have a big selection. ANyone know of a good multi-color eyeshadow palette that is good and not much money?

i bought a pallette off ebay with around 90 shadows and it was only around $10 and they are good! so if u just want to practise they'd be perfect!
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:56 pm

I just got more Hard Candy make up. Lipstick(first actually dark color) and blue lengthening mascara. I plan to attempt that BubbleGoth makeup look Kerli did tomorrow. But toned down and w/o black eyeliner(I don't own any. I only have sparkly pink and dark purple) I also plan to put some glitter cream eyeshadow over all of it. If I can I'll take pics! I have these adhesive Moon Marks but they fall off easily):
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:46 pm

we have a new nail polish out called "essie" its very good.last longer then most..they have some cool colours

Make Up - Page 3 Is?8dDQfMDSQgX36FuAQc8l486-gIiI6ZO0sPdOO7ZCjxM

Make Up - Page 3 Is?v58dJfsQyySReu2Xe1BsSrQEDIg8Yz6W4cqmP9_XH1Y

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:52 am

I wonder if they sell Essie here.. I would love to try it once. I really like that green color Very Happy
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:32 am

maybe they do..my blue one looks bubblegothish

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:15 am

Awesome nail polish(:
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:24 am

yeah.You can buy it at wal-mart for like under 10 bucks

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:44 am

I wish we had Wal Mart here :/

Have anyone tried products by Wet N Wild? If so, what do you think about them and what would you rate the product with a scale from 0-10?
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by javieljones Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 am

I find most of the Wet n Wild eyeshadows to be really, really good for a drugstore brand. I have a few of their matte lipsticks as well and I like them. They're a little drying but if you put chapstick on before you shouldn't have a huge issue.

Some of my favorite eyeshadows are actually from Wet n Wild. <3

I can't live without the single eyeshadow in Brulee from them. I think it was only $2 dollars as well and it matches my skin tone perfectly so I use it almost everyday when I don't want to put a whole lot of makeup on...Just something to cover any discoloration on my eyelid.

I have one of the six color palettes from them...I can't recall what the name of it is and I think I left it at my dad's [oops] but it's the blue one and that is really good as well. The lightest two colors are a bit chalky but the other four are AMAZING. Very smooth and super pigmented and I only paid $5 for it. I use it all the time for darker looks.

So Brulee earns a TEN from me. And the palette is a NINE. Would be a ten if it weren't for the two lighter colors.

The matte lipsticks that I have [an orange/pink color, a light pink, and a dark red/purple] earn EIGHTS.

Overall, Wet n Wild is easily my favorite drug store brand.
javieljones
javieljones

http://www.myspace.com/javieljones

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:08 am

That's awesome Smile I found a norwegian website who sells Wet N Wild. And it's very cheap, one eyeliner costs like 19NOK, normally an eyeliner cost 50NOK(the cheapest eyeliner by H&M) to 300NOK (brands like Lancome, Dior and such.).
This is very good for a person without a lot of money and wants to learn more about make up Smile
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:09 am

what ive actually learned is that expensive make up isnt always the best make up. but still.. if i have to recommend a brand its barry M Very Happy im a barryMwhore, sorry lol
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:16 am

Hahaha, I actually found a dark glittery blue dazzle dust by Barry M. I fell in love with it. I never found it again. Even if I stand in the store from opening time to closing time I'll never find it again.
It was beautiful ! Smile
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:11 am

if u want i can send u one when i go back to the UK. we have massive barry m outlets and i can totally buy u one Smile
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:13 am

Really? :O
I would love to, but I don't want you to use any money on make up on me Smile
So, no thank you ^^ But it was very nice of you ^^ <3
I would feel guilty and weird for some reason Smile
Barry M isn't expensive here (89NOK = 9 GBP), I can buy Barry M myself Smile

BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Okay... here is my list of stuff I need!:

Eyeliner (black)
Lip balm (Chapstick brand)
CG Foundation (the Nautrals brand (spf 10))
Something in powder form (CG!!!)
MoonMarks (Depending on occasion!)
lunachild
lunachild

Location : Taking a walk on that little beach somewhere on the peaceful island in my mind...

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:04 pm

I dont have many make up products, but I really like my make up... When Im bored Im doing my make up. When my friends go to important events I do make up for them. I do make up for fun all the time. I think I could not live without it <3

Make Up - Page 3 308e6xg
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:42 pm

Everyday before I'm going to bed and before removing my makeup, i'm playing with it Smile It's so fun ^_^
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:11 am

I know :DDD
love love love make up <3
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:11 am

I seriously need to buy some new brushes. I found some cheap, but really good brushes from the pharmacy, 6 brushes for only 160NOK Very Happy I also need some new makeup.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:15 am

BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:23 pm

I need some brushes, I only have a Kabuki and those stupid double ended padded ones that come in most eyeshadow palletes. If I get any, I want Bubbi brushes, made by bubzbeauty, a YouTube user. Smile
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next