Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Losing a Friend

+11
Dreamer
BrowniesBeffy
electric_rhino
TheLastSongbird
pixiedust19
Chikyuu
Claudia
out of the hollow
Loveisalwaysthere!
Krissy
loonylovegood
15 posters

Go down

Losing a Friend Empty Losing a Friend

Post by loonylovegood Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Last night, a friend of mine died aroud midnight while skateboarding. He was 18, and he was hit by a 16 year old driver. I hadn't talked to him in nearly 2 years, but he was still a friend from when I was younger. I rememer certain moments we've had together vividly, like how in class he would always claim a box of tissues as his own or sing songs in funny accents, and especially his infectious laugh. He was always a great friend to everyone, and an overall funny and loving guy. He will truly be missed.

The strange thing was, even though I haven't talked to him in years, I dreamt of him last night. I woke up from the dream and checked my phone to find out that he had died overnight.

I created this topic so we could discuss loved ones dying. I personally have never had anyone really close to me die that I could remember, so it's all new to me. I thought we could all talk about any experiences we've had with death to help others with the grieving process. Anything helps.
loonylovegood
loonylovegood

Back to top Go down

Losing a Friend Empty Re: Losing a Friend

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:56 pm

*Hugs* Am so sorry about you're friend.HE is a angel now watching over you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:05 pm

(Big Hugs) Sorry to here about you're friends death. That's very sad.

My grandmother died in 2007.I was very sad cuz i guess i never got to say goodbye ot see her one last nite before she died. but she is in heaven now with my grandfather!& am sure she's watching over me.

I've never cried when people i knew died.Not infront of other people. I mean i was so sad imside of course. I always found that werid about myself how i never cried.But i cry inside..The reason i find it werid is cuz iam emotional person.

I know its just a dog but when my dog died it was like losing ur best friend really..People who say its just a dog don't understand cuz they never had a pet. anways i cried cried cried and really cried..But i moved on in time.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveisalwaysthere! Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:08 pm

i read that and my jaw dropped!!
im not very close to family or had a friend die so i have no idea what pain you feel but i can definetly cry over that..i always feel love to complete strangers.....ive been at my friends house and her grandma died...and i balled my eyes out without even knowing the lady...yeah..)
Loveisalwaysthere!
Loveisalwaysthere!

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:08 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose someone close to you. I've never lost a friend, but I have lost a grandfather and, in the past year, my stepfather. Sometimes all you can do is just talk about how you feel with someone who accepts that you're sad and is willing to listen.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:42 pm

I have not have any friends or family died this year, which I'm thankful.

But I can recall two deaths, my friend's Uncle and someone I know dad died.
It's very depressing to know that.
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Losing a Friend Empty =

Post by Chikyuu Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Wow.

Sorry about that.

Makes me be a bit more cautious when I go skate now.
Chikyuu
Chikyuu

http://www.neoseeker.com/members/Earth/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveisalwaysthere! Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:12 pm

i only ride my bike and my did is gonna teach me how to flat land....since there isnt alot of girls in bmx really at all...
Loveisalwaysthere!
Loveisalwaysthere!

Back to top Go down

Post by loonylovegood Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Don't worry about skating, he was on a busy, major road.
loonylovegood
loonylovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveisalwaysthere! Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:28 pm

yeah the worst the i have seen was someone twisted there anckle all the way backwords....*shivers*
Loveisalwaysthere!
Loveisalwaysthere!

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust19 Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:03 pm

**gives hug**

nobody really close to me has died. well... they would have been close to me if they were still alive but.. they died when i was little sooo...... :/

im so sorry about your friend

pixiedust19

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:48 pm

I know how it feels. My grandad died when I was 7 and my uncle died last year. I know how empty a loss like that makes you feel. It still hurts, but I found it helped to make contact with them. Your loved ones are still there, you can still reach out to them. I made contact with my Grandad through a Ouija board and it was so reassuring to know that he was looking after me and my family and knew everything that had been happening recently. But you could make contact by praying, or just thinking about the good times you had with them. I'm sure your friend will know if you do that.

You must be going through so much hurt, I'm so sorry Losing a Friend Icon_cry I hope you're coping with it alright. This will sound so cheesy and predictable, but try to focus less on losing your friend, and celebrate the time you had with him. Cry if you need to, it won't do you any good to bottle up your emotions. It helps to talk to those you trust too: a problem shared is a problem halved.

Apart from that, I'm sending you Love and Light, in the hopes that you will feel better soon. *hugs*
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by electric_rhino Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:48 am

I kinda know what it feels like.
My great grandmother used to live with us when I was like 8 or 9, for like a year or so, but then she got really bad and she went to the hospital. She came back but in like one of those beds with wheels, and then she got sick again.
Then my whole family came and I tought, yeeei, this must be exciting, we were all a bunch of childrens, but nope, it wasn't fun. I remember I didn't saw my mom for days, and when I saw her I saw her really sad. I was in the hospital the whole day 'till 6-7, until my dad got off work and picked us up.

Then she died, I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing, didn't cried because I didn't felt like she left. But with time you still miss the person, it never goes away, and you remember the little things they used do and that's what you really really miss the most.
electric_rhino
electric_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveisalwaysthere! Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:31 am

wow Sad all the people who i know that i have known are family...but i bearly knew them and didnt think much of it wich is really sad!!! Sad
Loveisalwaysthere!
Loveisalwaysthere!

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:34 pm

loonylovegood wrote:Last night, a friend of mine died aroud midnight while skateboarding. He was 18, and he was hit by a 16 year old driver. I hadn't talked to him in nearly 2 years, but he was still a friend from when I was younger. I rememer certain moments we've had together vividly, like how in class he would always claim a box of tissues as his own or sing songs in funny accents, and especially his infectious laugh. He was always a great friend to everyone, and an overall funny and loving guy. He will truly be missed.

The strange thing was, even though I haven't talked to him in years, I dreamt of him last night. I woke up from the dream and checked my phone to find out that he had died overnight.

I created this topic so we could discuss loved ones dying. I personally have never had anyone really close to me die that I could remember, so it's all new to me. I thought we could all talk about any experiences we've had with death to help others with the grieving process. Anything helps.

I'm sorry for your loss. Hope you are okay Smile

I don't know anyone who have died. Expect for my grandfather who I only met once every two year. And my chicken died in the summer vacation(I bought it in Turkey and he died in Turkey.) and my super awesome fish Yuuki before the summer :'(
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by loonylovegood Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:08 pm

I drove by his memorial today on the side of the road where he died. It was so sad, there were flowers and t shirts, and even the skateboard he was on when he was hit. It was heart wrenching. I saw his best friend since kindergarten there and he literally looked broken. The note from his younger brother made me cry. It said, " goodnight Joshua, sleep well, say hi to mom for me. Why didn't you wake me up before you left?". I can't imagine how he feels :'[
loonylovegood
loonylovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:12 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwww.. Losing a Friend Icon_cry

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Sorry for the loss. Nobody deserves to die that young but by your description of him it sounds like he lived a life full of joy and laughter, and doing the things he loved. I haven't lost too much people in my life from death. My whole family is very introverted and we had a fight with our cousins and most of our family so we haven't talked with them in about 7 years.. not sure if anyone has died. It's awful. I do miss them, alot.. it's just nobody has made the effort to catch up. The only person i lost was my grandmother and she died from cancer when i was really young. I didn't know her for much of my life but i do remember that she was such a kind woman and did anything to make me and my sister happy. My mom gave up on taking care of her since she needed extra help getting around and i don't know or remember why. I think it was around 1997-2000 when she died..which means i was probably 3-5. The only thing i remember from the funeral was refusing to go in where her body was and i just balled my eyes out in my cousin's lap. I remember that i knew for a fact that she was really gone for good and i missed her like crazy. I still remember one of the songs that they played and it was I hope you dance by Le Ann Womback. I always cry when i hear it.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by loonylovegood Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Its so hard to loose a person you've known for a while, even If you did t have the greatest relationship. Today would be Josh's 18th birthday. The story just keeps getting more tragic, Cause the boy who hit him was a friend of his. Its terrible.
loonylovegood
loonylovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost_flower Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:05 am

Aww,I'm so sorry for your lost Sad much love to you and his family.
ghost_flower
ghost_flower

http://ghost-flower.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:11 am

my first boyfriend was murdered. I do not like to talk of it though

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm sorry. You life is so hard.
I don't have friend and I don't know as this is losing a friend ;(
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:36 am

He wanted to say goodbye in your dreams!

The angels will bless him!
The elves will bless you!
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonflyArg Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:58 pm

I turn really stupid when it comes about it... I never know what to say. I think silence is the best thing I can realize at moments like this.
DragonflyArg
DragonflyArg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:41 pm

im sorry for your loss.i lost a friend when i was really little i think thats what really messed me up,she was shot,i always miss her but i know shes watching and taking care of me. <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:40 am

DragonflyArg wrote:I turn really stupid when it comes about it... I never know what to say. I think silence is the best thing I can realize at moments like this.

I know what you mean!!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down