Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerli in 'The Hunger Games' Soundtrack?

+7
mimi
herzschmerz
javieljones
Krissy
Natt
BrowniesBeffy
Poetic
11 posters

Go down

Kerli in 'The Hunger Games' Soundtrack? Empty Kerli in 'The Hunger Games' Soundtrack?

Post by Poetic Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 am

I am a HUUUUUUGE fan of the Hunger Games. It's a series of books set in the not-so-distant future where a government sends 24 children ages 12-18 in an arena in a fight to the death to remind them that the government has all the power and the districts can't destroy them. The story follows a girl who gets randomly selected to be in the Hunger Games and what it's like. The book has been challenged so many times, is even high up on the most challenged books of the year every year since in came out. The violence in the series supposed scares some of the teens in the age group the book was intended for. Yet the book remains an anti-war stance. The books are currently being made into a movie, and Danny Elfman has been chosen to write the score and produce a soundtrack. Considering Kerli has worked with him before, and that her music would VERY well fit the books, I believe it would be a likely possibility that Kerli is featured on the soundtrack, and considering this movie is predicted by many to already be "bigger than Twilight" it would be very good advertising for Kerli to get on the soundtrack. So I was thinking that us fans could write letters and emails to Gary Ross, Danny Elfman, and Kerli's management to try to get her on the soundtrack. Her music would fit VERY well. Love is Dead style music could fit the scenes in the arena but there's plenty of moments where poppy-fun songs with creepy or deep meanings are required. No matter which direction, there's something there for Kerli, so would you guys help me get her on the soundtrack?

P.S.
READ THE BOOKS! Smile
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Kerli in 'The Hunger Games' Soundtrack? Empty Re: Kerli in 'The Hunger Games' Soundtrack?

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:05 am

I'm currently reading the first book, and it's AMAZING!

It's a great idea! I would love hear Kerli's music in the movie ^^ But I don't know how to send letters/e-mail to that guy :/

BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Kerli in 'The Hunger Games' Soundtrack? Empty Re: Kerli in 'The Hunger Games' Soundtrack?

Post by Poetic Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:48 pm

I know he has places for fans to contact him, I just don't know how to find them. I'll keep looking.
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:01 pm

I don't know what this is
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:11 pm

same-never heard of it

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by javieljones Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 pm

That would be pretty cool. I've only read the first book but I really, really liked it.
javieljones
javieljones

http://www.myspace.com/javieljones

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:02 pm

It's the next big book series. I REALLY recommend reading it, I've never heard of anyone who's disliked it. (Well that's actually a lie, but the 2 comments I've seen both started out with"i never read the books but they are SOOOOOOO dumb" and therefore don't count. Wink) I'm 100% positive that if you guys read them you would like them. But even if you don't want to pick up the series, still help those of us that are fans on getting Kerli in the movie!

I found this to contact Gary Ross, the director of the movie.

Larger Than Life Productions
12429 Ventura Court
2nd Flr
Studio City, CA 91604
USA
Phone: 818-761-1068
Fax: 818-761-1524

And here is info to contact Danny Elfman, producer of the soundtrack.

Danny Elfman
C/O Kraft-Engel Management
15233 Ventura Blvd. Suite 200
Sherman Oaks, California 91403
USA

(818) 380-1918
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:24 pm

good luck to kerli

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:46 am

Here! I found the official twitter page for Lionsgate (the people making the movie), and the movie.

Lionsgate is @LionsgateNews and the movie is @TheHungerGames. Let's start posting "@LionsgateNews @TheHungerGames We want @kerlimusic in The Hunger Games movie! #kerliforhungergames" and try to use the hashtag #kerliforhungergames quite a bit. If we could trend it, that would rock!
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by herzschmerz Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:15 am

I've heard a lot of good stuff about this book, and I just bought it a few days ago and am just about to read it, so it would be great for Kerli to get onto the soundtrack. Smile
herzschmerz
herzschmerz

http://www.squidoo.com/bubblegoth

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:53 am

ok just tweeted - hopefully people will do the same!
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 am

i also tweeting
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by javieljones Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:24 am

I'll also be tweeting this =D -fingers crossed-
javieljones
javieljones

http://www.myspace.com/javieljones

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:23 am

I've just tweeted too! I need to get the first book and read it, I've been hearing a lot about this series.
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:27 am

Poetic, I think that Kerli loves your idea because retweet my tweet

Ya! RT @Kerli_Poland: @LionsgateNews @TheHungerGames We want @kerlimusic in The Hunger Games movie! #kerliforhungergames .
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:14 am

That's awesome! Thanks for all the help guys! Now with Kerli putting it out there, even more fans will read it and it'll become bigger. Smile

I let a big Hunger Games fansite know that she retweeted it, they post ANY news that has to do with the series so hopefully them posting it will get even more supporters! And I know that most HG fansites get news from other fansites so we might spread it through the biggest Hunger Games fansites on the internet!

Ooh! And @TheHungerGames just tweeted asking what songs fans would like to hear in the movie!
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by YetiMoonchild Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:12 am

OMG I LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES <3 It would be AMAZING if Kerli'd be in the soundtrack *-*
YetiMoonchild
YetiMoonchild

http://www.aboutmoonchildren.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph325625 Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:41 pm

I just tweeted! we need more people to tweet it!

Last edited by joseph325625 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
joseph325625
joseph325625

http://www.myspace.com/400641326

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:45 pm

How can we get more advertising for this... Any suggestions? I'm kinda blank. :/
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:34 am

we just need to keep tweeting it and hope that people do it as well!
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 am

Does anyone know if Kerli has actually read The Hunger Games, it we got her to do that, I assume she would love them and that would spark bigger interest in her, and if she wants it badly, fans will want it badly. MoonChildren are kinda crazy like that. Smile
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ndahl21 Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:30 am

This is such a good idea!I currently can't go on Twitter at the moment but when I can, I will tweet it! Which songs should we pick?
ndahl21
ndahl21

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:59 am

Well, most movies have artists write songs for their films, rather than using already recorded songs. (Like Tea Party and Strange, they were made for the Alice in Wonderland film.) I think the important thing is to just get it out and out big, so she gets in the soundtrack.
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down