Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY WEEK<3

+6
EetuJaKeijut
ElvenSoldier
catloafwithpotato
Quincy
Dawty
Hexe
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MY WEEK<3 Empty MY WEEK<3

Post by Hexe Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:09 am

Last week was insane again. I had a couple of days to make outfits for the Detroit pride when at home in LA and I thought I’d be all set but still ended up pulling an all nighter the last day of putting it all together. The usual:)
My life has gotten insane… but It’s so amazing to be able to go places and meet you guys.
I did the Detroit pride and the club Necto there the night before. You guys gave me so much love and as always, I had some nice conversations and hangs with the MoonChildren there. Quality time:)

The most epic picture ever:

MY WEEK<3 256741_226837027342146_163213997037783_943536_8163348_o-1

MY WEEK<3 257975_226836590675523_163213997037783_943510_1699761_o-1

For some reason, all the MoonChildren kept giving me these kandi bracelets. I am in love with them and wearing them reminds me of you guys. Next time you guys make them for me, also do a little ritual: Think good thoughts while you’re making them and illuminate them with your light. This way when I wear them, I can feel you even more:)

MY WEEK<3 IMG_2009-1

Here’s some pics from the pride. It was epic. Epic love.

MY WEEK<3 240283_10150204515117270_185601082269_6834215_820624_o-1

MY WEEK<3 243179_10150204514707270_185601082269_6834211_2157752_o-2

Here I am hand making every piece u can see on stage. Wish I had some more help but at the same time, I’m probably too much of a control freak to have other people doing it. Unless I can afford the best of the best, of course.

I don’t really have any other videos of the performance than the one Krystle took from behind the stage so if you do, please send it to me so I can put it up here…pictures as well:)

With the very talented and beautiful Natalia Kills.
If ou don’t know who she is, check her music/vids out.
I feel like there’s so much shameless copying of lesser known artists bitchiness going on with female artists and although they put on an act of loving everyone, u rarely see any girls in pop tweet or talk about other girls in pop.
I aint no catty bitch, I know how hard chicks have it in this business so I make a promise to always let u know if any new killer girls are popping up on the scene.
::Crosses Heart::

MY WEEK<3 P1000083-1

Done with the Detroit Pride madness, I flew to Bucharest, Romania to work with Play and Win. My angels and their beats have been magical together. Been working with them for 2 days now…Really happy with it and really loving this city. It’s kinda like Italy meets Latin American slums meets Eastern Europe. Just a really cool vibe.

MY WEEK<3 IMG_2005-1

Some more Romania pics coming in the next weeks post. <3

Ugh..it's 3.30 am. Need to do some writing.
Anyway love u much and the iced coffee section is coming the moment I have a second to myself you.
<3

Tell me about your week..I've been enjoying reading these:)
I.L.U

Hexe

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1258204190

Back to top Go down

MY WEEK<3 Empty Re: MY WEEK<3

Post by Dawty Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:56 am

I feel like there’s so much shameless copying of lesser known artists bitchiness going on with female artists and although they put on an act of loving everyone, u rarely see any girls in pop tweet or talk about other girls in pop.
I aint no catty bitch, I know how hard chicks have it in this business so I make a promise to always let u know if any new killer girls are popping up on the scene.

Uh, totally uncalled for.
Dawty
Dawty

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:59 pm

^ I totally agree. It's completely off putting and bitching sounding. It makes her look bitter and jealous. We all know who she's talking about and she needs to stop with catty comments like this because it's losing her fans. She can think them all she wants but she needs to stop public writing them, if anything will cause me to stop being a fan of Kerli, it'll be these comments.
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:35 pm

^Yeah, dislike that, too. It seems a bit hypocritical with some of the stuff she says about supporting females..and doesn't it kinda go against ILU as well? Neutral
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

http://katloaf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:26 pm

You guys would be bitchy too if you knew how she felt about it though. Try to see it through her perspective :/
Also, I think it's good that she shows these temper moments, it shows her imperfection. She IS human. She accepts her darkness as well as her light.
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:50 pm

I wouldn't be bitchy if someone did something similar to me that I didn't invent. It happens all the time but she only seems to get pissy about it when it's Gaga. It alienates her from making fans when she says stuff about other popular pop artists. Besides she gets upset when people accuse her of copying people, yet she does it herself. It's one of those 'treat others as you want to be treated' things to me. If she doesn't like being accused of copying what makes her think others do? If she doesn't want to be accused she shouldn't accuse others.
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Quincy wrote:I wouldn't be bitchy if someone did something similar to me that I didn't invent. It happens all the time but she only seems to get pissy about it when it's Gaga. It alienates her from making fans when she says stuff about other popular pop artists. Besides she gets upset when people accuse her of copying people, yet she does it herself. It's one of those 'treat others as you want to be treated' things to me. If she doesn't like being accused of copying what makes her think others do? If she doesn't want to be accused she shouldn't accuse others.

But it's one thing to copy and another to be inspired. Honestly, from what Gaga has produced, as well as her style, is she copying or is she being inspired? You can find countless comparisons to show how unoriginal her work is yet she gets so much credit and attention. Kerli is inspired, she can look at something and add her own style and work into it, yet she gets accused of being unoriginal while someone like Gaga walks around on top of everyone? I'd be pissed too. Who has accused Kerli of copying someone, I wanna see it. Again, if someone sees you do something and decides to do it too, it gets annoying after a while.
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Her outfit in the 4th picture, i absolutely love it! It's screaming bubblegoth.

Oh, i do understand where she is coming from taking into knowledge how much attention Gaga is getting because of her fashion, she just got award from it. A lot of her looks have been similar to Kerli's so she certainly has a point. But, at such critic point of her career, just before her very possible breakthrough, i would not speak ill of the possibly most popular female artist in the world atm. She's honest but it might not be the wisest action :/
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:35 pm

EetuJaKeijut wrote:But, at such critic point of her career, just before her very possible breakthrough, i would not speak ill of the possibly most popular female artist in the world atm. She's honest but it might not be the wisest action :/

This is true lol It's like a soldier challenging a king (To be honest though...I would love to hear them work together on a song, that would be epic.) Only thing though, personally, I doubt Kerli will hold back her attitude much. It may be the downfall or what rises her. It is a risky situation she's in though. I'm sure she'll be okay in the end; if fame and fortune is what she cared about most, she wouldn't have done a lot of what she has.
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:50 am

EetuJaKeijut wrote:But, at such critic point of her career, just before her very possible breakthrough, i would not speak ill of the possibly most popular female artist in the world atm. She's honest but it might not be the wisest action :/
This is what I'm getting at. If really speaks ill of one of the biggest pop stars in the, one with such a huge fanbase, she's hurting her chances. I know a lot of Gaga fans who will never listen to Kerli because of comments Kerli made or Moonchildren accusing Gaga of copying Kerli. It makes Kerli look really bad and takes the attention away from the music. It really needs to stop.
But it's one thing to copy and another to be inspired. Honestly, from what Gaga has produced, as well as her style, is she copying or is she being inspired? You can find countless comparisons to show how unoriginal her work is yet she gets so much credit and attention. Kerli is inspired, she can look at something and add her own style and work into it, yet she gets accused of being unoriginal while someone like Gaga walks around on top of everyone? I'd be pissed too. Who has accused Kerli of copying someone, I wanna see it. Again, if someone sees you do something and decides to do it too, it gets annoying after a while.

Gaga doesn't go around saying what she's doing is original though, she has constantly talked about pulling inspiration from Madonna, Grace Jones, David Bowie, etc. Gaga does plenty of 'original' creative stuff but it's always overshadow because of the hundreds of outfits she's wore maybe 25% of them have kind of looked like something someone else has done. Don't discredit Gaga because all you focus on is the 'copied' looks, which are often meant to be inspired by her influences. Anymore people seem desperate to make it seem like gaga is copying everything from someone else. She wears a high ponytail to the Grammy's and she gets "omg Madonna did that look in the 80s/90s" anyone else wears a high ponytail and nothing gets said.
And really other than the hair in what ways has Gaga supposedly copied Kerli? because Kerli wearing a white dress then Gaga wearing a white dress isn't copying, lots of people wear white dresses.
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:38 am

Gaga doesn't go around saying what she's doing is original though, she has constantly talked about pulling inspiration from Madonna, Grace Jones, David Bowie, etc. Gaga does plenty of 'original' creative stuff but it's always overshadow because of the hundreds of outfits she's wore maybe 25% of them have kind of looked like something someone else has done. Don't discredit Gaga because all you focus on is the 'copied' looks, which are often meant to be inspired by her influences. Anymore people seem desperate to make it seem like gaga is copying everything from someone else. She wears a high ponytail to the Grammy's and she gets "omg Madonna did that look in the 80s/90s" anyone else wears a high ponytail and nothing gets said.
And really other than the hair in what ways has Gaga supposedly copied Kerli? because Kerli wearing a white dress then Gaga wearing a white dress isn't copying, lots of people wear white dresses.

I give Gaga more credit than I'm expressing here. She has talent like no other, I listen/ed to her before she was close to famous. I discredit her for getting rewarded and praised for things she shouldn't be. An example of what I mean as unoriginal though would be that meat dress. She didn't add a twist to it from her "inspiration", she just imitated it (If she did get the inspiration from Mark's "Incarnation"). With her getting bashed for everything she does now (towards your ponytail reference) is like the boy who cried wolf in a sense. When you've been recognized as doing one thing many times, that's what people are going to assume; from you based on how you present yourself and by the things you have done. I'm not a lady Gaga basher, I just don't like what she is/has become, I think she's manipulative, and only in it to win it, but that's my opinion. From what I have seen, she's had similar (putting it lightly) style changes that Kerli has had before Gaga, and these changes happen fairly close to one another.

I'm just fervent on this subject because if people like/hate me, I want them to feel whatever they feel for who I truly am. I'm not going to get credit for shit someone else has done, and if I do, I'll give them all the credit. I'd prefer an original artist over someone who just does what's already been done before, that's why I love Kerli, she's different (like Gaga) but is different in her OWN way, not someone other than her's way. The world lives off of inspiration, it's impossible for technology to get better without it. Why have an ipad when it's just a bigger "cooler" version of the ipod touch...

Imagine someone getting more attention than Kerli for spreading the words "I.L.U" even though they say they got it from her.
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:53 pm

^AFAIK Gaga never claimed anything about the meat dress, it was someone else's design and we have no way of knowing if either of them have seen that painting.

I don't think Kerli's style and Gaga's style are anything alike. Gaga is high fashion, Kerli is street fashion. Gaga wears things given to her by designers, Kerli glues shit together. Nothing is wrong with either of them, but they're not alike.
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:31 pm

Exactly half the things people say Gaga copied aren't designed by her. Idk how much time people think Gaga has on her hands but she doesn't have time to sit around watching every performance ever given, viewing every piece of art ever made, checking up on what little known artists are doing, etc. She has an entire team that comes up with outfits, performances, etc.

she's had similar (putting it lightly) style changes that Kerli has had before Gaga, and these changes happen fairly close to one another.

Can point to actual instances of this, because every time I ask someone too they say, "Gaga's copying Kerli, it's so obvious" but other than the hair they cannot seem to be able to actual show me evidence of this. Or they point to some quote about Kerli saying she met Gaga in Germany, and Gaga was dressed normal, Kerli had on latex. I've never actually seen a source for this and you can only take it at face value. On any given day I will 'dress down' we've seen Kerli in casual clothes many times, so Gaga could have just been dressed down that day.
Or my personal fav is this:MY WEEK<3 White-dress--large-msg-129797552183
because I always see people saying Gaga's white origami dress is a copy of one of Kerli's white dresses. Which is ridiculous because the only inspiration behind Gaga's origami dress is this:
MY WEEK<3 Thierry_mugler_origami_dress
which she has talked about.
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:39 pm

MY WEEK<3 Kerli_gaga_2 Too coincidental...

MY WEEK<3 Lady_gaga_hair_style_1 Speaks for itself

MY WEEK<3 Pop+Singer+Kerli+Lashes+Out+At+Lady+GaGaStop+Ripping+Off+Everything+I+Do%E2%80%9D I think we all have seen this by now.

MY WEEK<3 Feat-14776971 Nice hair color...at least she cut it.

If it's her designers, then I'll put the blame on them, and it's a really shitty thing for them to do in that case. Clothing-wise, there isn't imitation from Kerli; I'm not saying Gaga is copying Kerli as a whole. It's hard for me to believe she doesn't have time at all seeing how she has such great connection with her Monsters, but okay it's not her decision on what she wears and what-not...So you're going to allow someone to make your clothes that are "similar" to other artists'...yet she preaches about being yourself, and being different, and individuality, and so on and so on? Sounds hypocritical to me...or at least a "a total dose of bullshit" which I've heard her say she prefers over the truth. Why trust someone like that in the first place?
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Ok but
First picture is Kerli from her merch video, which she posted in Apr of 2009
Gaga had purple in her hair as of Jan 2009

The pic of Gaga with long straight blonde hair & bangs doesn't speak for itself at all, unless your insinuating that Gaga copied that incredibly basic/common look. Christina Aguilera was sporting it in the Fall of '08 too was she also copying Kerli???

Yellow hair- Gaga had just been working with Cyndi Lauper, who had yellow hair long before Kerli ever did, right before she debuted it. I'm betting that was more of the influence than Kerli

Blue/Teal hair:
Nicki Minaj in 2010:
MY WEEK<3 Diddy-minaj1
MY WEEK<3 Nikki-minaj-with-blue-hair
MY WEEK<3 Nicki-pink-and-green1

So is Kerli copying Nicki Minaj?

Also by the theory that having a few piece of one color streaks, and a full head of hair of that color are the same thing then it should be noted that Gaga had teal/blue in her hair in Sept. '10 :
MY WEEK<3 Normal_002

So 4 hairstyles that kind of look alike? Gaga's had hundreds of hairstyles/wigs, literally hundreds, so maybe 1-2% of the time they're been similar to Kerli's... that's what I'd call a coincidence
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:09 pm

I admit defeat lol
With that post though, makes me ponder the possibility that maybe this is what Kerli meant by the female artists reference, how they're all butting heads/looking like each other...idk. In the end, we don't and probably won't know the truth; only what we want to believe.

It's probably best not to compare artists in general to avoid these types of conflicts? I mean, we could truthfully go back and forth like this, but we are both right in my eyes.

I learned some stuff, and enjoyed the debate though lol ^-^ <3
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:14 pm

For those of you who've noticed, there's also been some stuff going on with Ke$ha lately. The trash bag dress, the unicorns, and allegedly on a radio show Ke$ha was bragging about how people in her inner circle get a tattoo of three dots, though I haven't heard this radio show for myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:23 pm

ElvenSoldier wrote:In the end, we don't and probably won't know the truth; only what we want to believe.

It's probably best not to compare artists in general to avoid these types of conflicts? I mean, we could truthfully go back and forth like this, but we are both right in my eyes.

I learned some stuff, and enjoyed the debate though lol ^-^ <3

Exactly, we will never really know what goes though most of these artists heads, whether they're deliberately copying each other in a malicious manner, or maybe they see it and think "that's so cute, I want to try that look too" or if it's really just on accident. So little, if anything, in today's world is original, so it bothers me when people accuse others of copying because more than likely they weren't the first person either.
I wish people wouldn't compare artists in the malicious way, two things can be similar and compared and it be a positive thing but anymore it's just name calling between fandoms. We could go back and forth forever, because neither of us are right or wrong we just we the situations in different lights. I enjoy debates like this too Smile I like to try to understand other perspectives, it's no fun when people give up after one rebuttal.
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Ministar wrote:For those of you who've noticed, there's also been some stuff going on with Ke$ha lately. The trash bag dress, the unicorns, and allegedly on a radio show Ke$ha was bragging about how people in her inner circle get a tattoo of three dots, though I haven't heard this radio show for myself.

Honestly I forget about Ke$ha a lot. I've heard about the 3 dots thing too. I think there's a decent case against Ke$ha being influenced by others image wise. (Music wise she's a product of Dr. Luke's producing so...)
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:12 am

I like to try to understand other perspectives, it's no fun when people give up after one rebuttal.
That's my viewpoint on life, just learn from everything and try to see as many perspectives as possible without forcing your own onto others. ONE rebuttal? lol Oh no no, unless I didn't know what I was talking about (In which case I wouldn't even make a comment) I would not give up that easily xD

For those of you who've noticed, there's also been some stuff going on with Ke$ha lately. The trash bag dress, the unicorns, and allegedly on a radio show Ke$ha was bragging about how people in her inner circle get a tattoo of three dots, though I haven't heard this radio show for myself.

I also heard about the three dots thing, but like Quincy said, I forget about her too. She goes quiet from time to time. Maybe Ke$ha sees/hears faeries and they told her to use the three dots =P

And Unicorns aren't like a trademark; they're free for anyone to use. I think it's like how vampires started to get so much publicity, everyone began to watch shows about them and read books on them. Like a fad.
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:21 am

ElvenSoldier wrote:And Unicorns aren't like a trademark; they're free for anyone to use. I think it's like how vampires started to get so much publicity, everyone began to watch shows about them and read books on them. Like a fad.

Oh, I agree xD I've loved unicorns my whole life so if I thought unicorns were a trademark, I'd be pissed about everyone copying me, lmao. But I brought that up because Kerli mentioned in on Formspring once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:52 pm

I can understand with both sides of the story. too me who cares about hair.Hair is hair.

I do understand kerli's point of view.Tho she has ever right to be pissed off.She shouldn't act like it bugs her.I mean she should keep it to her self.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:14 pm

butterflycry2010 wrote:I can understand with both sides of the story. too me who cares about hair.Hair is hair.

I do understand kerli's point of view.Tho she has ever right to be pissed off.She shouldn't act like it bugs her.I mean she should keep it to her self.

Like being bullied; the more you react the worse it'll get and it will continue to occur. When you just kinda let it go and not really react and give it life, it'll die.
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:42 pm

yes, Yelling back and people just give the gaga fans the atterntion they crave.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:09 am

You know, Kerli is young. She's only a few years older than me. Sometimes we forget because she seems so strong and mature, but right now she's at a point in her life where she's still kind of figuring out who she is. And when people are in that stage, when they want to be unique, they get offended when others look or act similar to them because it makes them look like less of an individual.

Plus modern society is so obsessed with being "original" and who is copying who. No one seems to realize that all artists take inspiration and are influenced by one another, and besides, there are so many of them now that it's nearly impossible to have a truly creative idea because someone else has already done it.

Kerli is so artistic and is used to being different because she was the ONLY person who challenged the norm in Estonia. It's perfectly natural for her to lash out at anything that makes her look less unusual because, well, that's who she always thought she was -- the weird one, the crazy girl who stood out. And suddenly someone else is having similar ideas and I can understand that's a little frustrating for someone who 1) comes up with the idea first but is 2) less popular.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Yes,That's true.Like i said i really do don't blame her for getting pissed of when she see's one of her styles on GAGA. I just kind of agree that lashing out kind of makes her look bad. Yeah,I know we all do that sometimes. but lashing out might make her seem like shes a little jeloue?.. Yeah,I just think kerli should keep doing what shes doing and not give a care in the world what others think of her or wearing.

Yes,But this is a america.totally different then estonia.Shes gonna have to work harder to stand out.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:41 am

I do like that she's letting the Moon Children pick her next hairstyle... I guess all she can really do is either change her look when similar artists start to resemble her so that she always looks different, or ignore them.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:42 am

That's what I was thinking too. I'd find it slightly amusing though if suddenly we hear about Lady Gaga or Ke$ha (or another I may be missing) asking their Monsters/ Inner Circle how they should do their hair lol
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:23 pm

There's no such thing as original. Once you put something out there, it's up for the taking. Anyways, things like this always happen and at the end of the day nobody cares who copied who. It's about the music. I understand why Kerli would get pissed, heck I would be too. But she has to stop dreading over this because her words are going to be used against her again. I saw a google search for Kerli one day and on the top 10 of searches was Kerli fussing about Gaga.

I do appreciate her honesty, but she needs to stop letting Gaga overshadow her and do what she gotta do. I am a fan of both Kerli and Gaga. If Kerli doesn't give a flying fruitloop about fanbase and making it big, then she can express her opinion no matter how harsh it sounds. But if you want the fame, then there's limits. Gaga is bigger than her at the moment, thus she has more fanpower. Emilie Autumn expressed opinion about Gaga and many of her fans dumped her in a heartbeat after all that hard work she has done to gain them. Kerli doesn't need that happening, especially since her second album hasn't even come out yet. Kerli can say what she wants but her goals may not go through the way she wants at the end. Just my thoughts.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:38 pm

On a lighter note, at least she had lots of fun. I would love to go to a pride festival (whatever one calls it) someday.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:40 pm

^ You summed up my feelings on this so well. Kerli needs to stop focusing on being different from the other singers out there and focus on the music. Gaga is the biggest pop star in the world at the moment, and one thing many of her fans love about her is that she doesn't bad mouth other artists, she only expresses love and admiration for her peers. That's something I think a lot of the stars today should take into consideration
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:16 pm

I agree it should be about the "music"..that's what she's selling.Not her style.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Ragdoll*Bunny wrote:Emilie Autumn expressed opinion about Gaga and many of her fans dumped her in a heartbeat after all that hard work she has done to gain them.
Well, didn't she claim Gaga was ripping something off her [um..right] and then make fun of her most personal song? I can't see Kerli being that big of a douche. Very Happy
Quincy wrote:^ You summed up my feelings on this so well. Kerli needs to stop focusing on being different from the other singers out there and focus on the music. Gaga is the biggest pop star in the world at the moment, and one thing many of her fans love about her is that she doesn't bad mouth other artists, she only expresses love and admiration for her peers. That's something I think a lot of the stars today should take into consideration
True that. That's one of the things I really like about her.

My issue with what Kerli said was not that she said it but the way she said it. She made it sound really catty, and that put a bad taste in my mouth. I hope that if she says things in the future, she considers her words more.
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:46 pm

Ragdoll*Bunny wrote: If Kerli doesn't give a flying fruitloop about fanbase and making it big, then she can express her opinion no matter how harsh it sounds. But if you want the fame, then there's limits. Gaga is bigger than her at the moment, thus she has more fanpower. Emilie Autumn expressed opinion about Gaga and many of her fans dumped her in a heartbeat after all that hard work she has done to gain them. Kerli doesn't need that happening, especially since her second album hasn't even come out yet. Kerli can say what she wants but her goals may not go through the way she wants at the end. Just my thoughts.

But Kerli isn't focused towards fame (Right?) I don't even think she wants us to be "fans", she wants us to be more like friends. If this weren't true she wouldn't interact with us as much as she does. She's said just about everything she does is for us. I think she just wants recognition for her work, like every artist wants. Like getting paid, yes it would be amazing to get paid more than you need, but as long as you get what you deserve, I mean, you should be happy. If you put more effort, you deserve more in return. Like it's been said before, we can't pretend that we know what these people want/think because we aren't them =/ All we can do is assume.
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:47 pm

^ Lately (to me) she wants to be noticed more (not mainly focused but she needs the attention, especially for her new album). Lets admit, the music business isn't getting any easier, so the way to survive mostly is to be noticed,to sell more records and do endorsements (its a job and a career). I don't blame her for saying what she said. I would of done the same (there's even rumors I heard that Gaga did copy an artist, I fully don't know, so don't chase the messenger). I mean if she was this blunt in the first place and always acted this way (harsh honesty), people will ignore or say "well that's how she is". But her words bite her in the ass before and she has been working so hard to get this far and she seem to have a set goal for herself. She's a grown women and can take care of her self, I know. She's human, I know. But the last thing she needs when she steps forward is to say one thing and fall two steps backward. She's not the first artist calling out on Gaga, and many payed the price because of it. Words do give consequences on everyone, not just celebrities. If Gaga done the same, calling other artists out then this will go for her also. But no matter what words I say, it wouldn't matter anyway. Artists go their own way in the end. I personally am not offended nor care on what Kerli said, because I've always seen and heard drama worse than this. This is nothing new. But I give a crap about her music to last and not flake out like many artists these days.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:00 pm

catloafwithpotato wrote:
Ragdoll*Bunny wrote:Emilie Autumn expressed opinion about Gaga and many of her fans dumped her in a heartbeat after all that hard work she has done to gain them.
Well, didn't she claim Gaga was ripping something off her [um..right] and then make fun of her most personal song? I can't see Kerli being that big of a douche. Very Happy

Yes. That was.....Embarrassing.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:47 am

Ragdoll*Bunny wrote:
catloafwithpotato wrote:

not saying Kerli is a douche of course, but she DID do this with the yellow hair thing. She called Gaga a bitch and stuff. Not cool. I will not forget this. Bad side of Kerli came out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:56 am

secretpersonfp wrote:
Ragdoll*Bunny wrote:
catloafwithpotato wrote:

not saying Kerli is a douche of course, but she DID do this with the yellow hair thing. She called Gaga a bitch and stuff. Not cool. I will not forget this. Bad side of Kerli came out.
so true, this incident is the reason i stopped listening to kerli for 4 months. It was really immature and left a horrible taste in my mouth
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:27 am

^Oh, wow. That was before I listened to her, so I never saw the original rant thing. That saddens me.
I can't count the numbers of times I've dyed my hair a color or was just thinking about it and then there are tons of people with that color hair and I have no idea why. Sometimes this shit just happens. Neutral
[ETA: By "color" I mean like lilac and shit.]
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Just means that you're a trendsetter :3 It's like you know what's going to be the hot new thing ages before anyone else does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:43 pm

i guess she has a dark anger side

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Etheriel Moonglow Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:55 pm

I haven't read every post here (don't have time xD) but I have to comment on this... I hate all the fights on the internet about Kerli and Lady Gaga... everyone of course is having his own opinion about it... Like someone said: I can't understand why Moonchildren and Little Monsters can't get along xD
Etheriel Moonglow
Etheriel Moonglow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:02 pm

I guess people can't get along or will like everybody.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Etheriel Moonglow wrote:I haven't read every post here (don't have time xD) but I have to comment on this... I hate all the fights on the internet about Kerli and Lady Gaga... everyone of course is having his own opinion about it... Like someone said: I can't understand why Moonchildren and Little Monsters can't get along xD

Ahaha... My best friend is a Little Monster all the way. I just feel like if people were open to the idea that other people besides Lady Gaga have the capacity for weirdness and creativity, there would be more understanding. Someone on my Facebook friends list commented on my love for Kerli and was like, "Yeah, she's cool, but she's totally copying Lady Gaga." No, she's not. Their styles might be unusual, but they're unusual in different ways. I wish the Monsters would understand that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:30 am

I know for hell sure Lady Gaga isn't the be all and end all of fashion. If I had to say something, she is copying from Madonna and the list will last forever lol. Don't get me started about male artists. They all look like clones, except for Jeffree Star as far as I know.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvenSoldier Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:39 am

Like Ministar said, I have about 5 or more hardcore Monster friends. I tell them how I feel about Gaga but it's not like I'm trying to convert them or anything lol I think the arguing shouldn't be so much of how who's copying who I guess, 'cause it doesn't get anywhere. People aren't going to get along, that's just fact. So long as there is individuality, no one is going to be able to feel the same opinions, but acceptance of the opinions is what should happen. When Monsters and Moon Children and any other fan base name can debate while not bashing or letting emotion throw everything off, and take what others say into consideration and let it be, then we just may achieve Music Industry Peace >=3
ElvenSoldier
ElvenSoldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 am

^ I agree.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:47 pm

I think it be nice if both sides get along.but i don't really see that happening any time soon.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm a huge Gaga fan too so I see both sides. It would be great if they got along better. Yes, a lot of the Little Monsters are delusional. But at the same time there are Moonchildren who try to start the finger pointing too. I hate when it's the Moonchildren first or they respond to "Kerli's copying Gaga" with "No it's Gaga copying Kerli". The LM feel its' them against all other fandom, because it often is. Most LM only know of Kerli (if they know of her at all) as the girl who called Gaga a bitch and copycat. When we call other artist copycats it makes worse. I think Moonchildren should strive to be the most welcoming, and nice fandom in pop music. The ones who aren't delusional and are willing to hear all sides and base opinions on facts rather than prejudice .
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Quincy wrote:I think Moonchildren should strive to be the most welcoming, and nice fandom in pop music. The ones who aren't delusional and are willing to hear all sides and base opinions on facts rather than prejudice .
This 100%.
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next