Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Dark To Light & Back Again

+18
KuuLaps
Killjoychemicalchaos
EetuJaKeijut
Riley
javieljones
lunachild
catloafwithpotato
Forace
Liisu
Sunnech
LightThruDarkness
Natt
Krissy
pixiedust19
out of the hollow
TheLastSongbird
mimi
Tara
22 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Empty Love From Germany <3

Post by Tara Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Yes, it totally was all in my head. The last few times I've flown I was really not well. I guess all of that mind sickness made flyng into something much worse then it had to be. Now that I am healing, fear doesn't have as much power over me as it did before. I feel so alive almost as if I could do anything...but let's just take it one step at a time Smile
Mimi, something came up and they decided to skip England because it's the longest distance. Were going to Amsterdam tomorrow instead, for a day trip. Then on Monday we'll be going to Paris for four days. It's too bad, I bet we coulda had a fun little date. BUT keep in mind my parents will be living here for two more years so I may still have the opportunity to visit England.
We've been to a lot of places now. We visited castles, we went to France for two days and visited Beaumont Hamel. It's a war memorial dedicaded mostly to Newfoundlanders (People belonging to my little island in the North Atlantic) who fought against the Germans in France back a long time ago (I can't remember the year atm). Pretty much the whole site as dedicated to Newfoundland. 95% of the men died fighting. A very small few survived. They say the Newfoundlander's gave the most in battle. I'm not really pro war or anything...I don't really agree with war. I know that it's impossible to have a world without it but I still don't like it. Anyway, I just think it's really amazing that there is a whole site dedicated to my province in the middle of France.
I've done a lot of shopping here as well. I've got some awesome new clothes and suvineers. There are a lot of different and neat places to shop. I have to say though, out of all the places I've shopped the dollar stores were my favorite. SO much better thean our dollar stores at home. They have all kinds of this really neat shit I'd never be able to find at home. So much stuff with pretty skull designs and some playboy tanks and shorts...and just a whole bunch of neat shit! I didn't have a long time to look this time so I'm going back when we have more time so I can go down every isle and see what else I can discover in there. I looooove shopping Very Happy
I found this store in the Netherlands and they had two shelves FULL of fairies and unicorns and the like. I wanted one to go with my other fairy in my bedroom. I was lost...I couldn't decide what one I wanted Razz So anyway I finally settled on this beautiful little fairy with a unicorn for her to sit on and I love it!
So, anyway, we also visited a beautiful beach in the Netherlands, went to the zoo, went to different little towns. We went to this one town called ummm...Munchaue, I think. It's this tiny town way down in a valley and it's so old. The houses are all attached and the streets are all cobblestones. Everyone has those big steel door knockers and there's a water wheel (water mill..?? Not sure what they are called. You know...the wheels that have water falling on them and they spin) It was such a cool place. It really gave me this creepy sort of vibe as well. I suppose just because of the odd shape and design of it and the fact that it's an ancient little village.
The other night we had a thunder storm. It was amazing. I've always loved thunder and lightening ever since I was a little kid. We have them once in a while in Newfoundland but they are small and pale in comparison to the one we had here. It was so crazy and loud and beautiful. It went on for hours. I videotaped some of it. I caught these HUGE lightening bolts the video is sick. I have to edit it and maybe I'll try and post it when I'm done. After I stopped taping I lay down with the window open and the sound of the rain with the thunder put me straight into this relaxed state and I had a wonderful sleep.
Well, I need to go to sleep darlings because I have to get up at 5:45AM to go to Amsterdam. I will post a few pics of castles and maybe a few other things here tomorrow. If you want to see all of them (I have two albums of casltes and inside the castles, caves, beaches, animals etc. and have more to put up) you can add me to Facebook! Smile Tara Davis (I'm in the TOL group).
Anyway, bed time for me. Sweet dreams everyone!

Love from Germany,
Tara xoxo

Tara
Tara

https://www.facebook.com/beautiful86strange

Back to top Go down

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Empty Re: From Dark To Light & Back Again

Post by out of the hollow Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:55 pm

MissTJ wrote:Hey guys!!! I've been here in Germany for about 10 days now.
Thanks for the advice about the flights. I've flown a few times before so I knew what to expect, it's just that I have a terrible fear of it. Anxiety is very powerful. But you know what? I've been kicking it's ass!
On the plane I decided to skip the drugs and handle it on my own. I watched the take off, I looked out the window a lot, I watched the landing and I didn't get sick. I m so fucking proud of myself. I didn't even feel all that nervous this time. It's so strange. It's like ever since I've been trying to change everything for the better I've been able to conquer fears I never thought I could.
We went to the place where the three countires meet (Germany, The Netherlands and Belguim) and we went up in the tower. You can go outside once your at the top but the floor outside is nothing but a steal grate and you can see right down to the ground. I am terrified of heights, but I said fuck it and slowly made my way out. Before I knew it I was half way comfortable walking out there, I even walked up to the highest story alone to take pictures. Very Happy I am loving the new me! Turning into such a brave girl.
Woot! Very Happy You should be so proud of yourself. It's hard to kick fear's ass!
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Empty Home!

Post by Tara Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Hey!

Well I am finally home. I had great trip. I am very lucky to have the opportunities that I do. I've seen and learned so much and have some wicked new clothes and souvenirs.
I flew back on my own. I never imagined I would ever be able to do that. I had to take three planes and in the second airport I almost got lost and almost broke down crying (lol) but I stayed strong and with a little help I made it to the gate just in time for boarding. I am so proud of myself. I can't believe how much stronger I am getting every day. It feels great.
I will post some pics later. I'm too tired right now and not feeling well.

Well I have made a big decision.
They say "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours, if not, it was never meant to be."
I'm going to do just that. I'm not going to make contact with "him" anymore. If he contacts me, that's fine. I'm not going to ignore him or anything. He knows I'm always here if he needs me. We had a big chat while I was in Europe. Nothing serious just how my vacation was going and how we both were etc. You know. But after that conversation for some reason I felt like I needed to stay away. I think it's the best thing to do to let my heart heal completely. I can't stand the fact that he is with this girl. It hurts me still. I am glad that he seems to be happy, but, you know the whole situation is still hard for me.
So yeah, I'm staying away. I don't know for how long...maybe a short time, maybe forever. I guess that's all up to the universe now...or higher power...whatever. It's the best thing for me and my trying to heal from my illness right now. This is me setting you free, babe. Part of me will always love you.

Making fear my bitch, one day at a time,
Tara/T.J. <3 Xoxoxoxo
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Empty Re: From Dark To Light & Back Again

Post by mimi Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:29 am

YAYYY!!! hiii! ive misse u a lot Smile
So where exactly did u go then and how did u like Germany?

I know what you mean by letting go. i have done the same and actually.. a really big step for me was deleting his phonenumber from my phone. but i felt better after i had done it! it still sucks a little but one day at a time Smile and eventually i wont even spare a minute of my time for thinking of him.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by javieljones Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:24 am

Ahhh flying alone x___x I had to do that last summer coming back from Virginia. I was TERRIFIED. Not only was I alone, it was my first time flying period XD I had a complete breakdown as my sister was driving me to the airport. Thankfully, everything went pretty smoothly. I did think I was going to get shot at the layover in Detroit -paranoid- I guess it helped calm me a bit that I was sitting by a really hot guy... XD

Anywho, glad you had fun ^__^
javieljones
javieljones

http://www.myspace.com/javieljones

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Missed you too! My trip was awesome. I went to various places in Germany and The Netherlands. I told you about some of those in the post I wrote while I was away. We also went to Amsterdam...which of course was very interesting. We went to various places in France including Paris where we stayed for four days.
We went to see the Eiffel Tower and I made myself go up. It was soooo high and we were only in the middle. I'm proud of myself for that.
We also went to see The Louvre. If you don't know what that is it's a museum filled with all kinda of amazing things. It's got hundreds of paintings that are ancient...so beautiful. This includes the Mona Lisa.
It's got hundreds of sculptures such as the Venus De Milo and ancient Egyptian artifacts. There's also Napoleon's actual apartments which you can go inside. It's crazy to imagine living in there. His "apartment" is bigger than most people's houses. It is BEAUTIFUL inside though. There is so much more in that museum. You can't see it all in one day. We only had one, though.
I had fun but I am glad to be home to my bed. Even if I am sick Sad Boo!

Good for you Mimi! Yes...it's super hard...I just keep getting flashes of images and words and promises in my mind and it breaks my heart. It feels so wrong. But this is how it's got to be. I just keep praying something will give. One way or another. Sad I don't want to feel this for him anymore.

You flew for your first time alone? Well your brave. I flew a few times before but I was always with someone...which didn't make it any less terrifying. But flying alone to me was like hell...but I made it! And so did you Smile

Me and an ancient (Greek I think) artifact at the Louvre
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Img_2210

Me and my 2 year old brother (Noah) and (most of) the Eiffel Tower (It's really hard to get all in frame with a normal camera)
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 28434110
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:03 pm

awwww Smile
i guess u get used to flying alone.. i regularly fly about 2-3 times a year now and pretty much always alone and im so used to it now - its boring though.

im glad u had a wonderful time and take care - eat some chicken soup ^^
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm

glad you had a good time Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Thanks guys...

Despite how well I've been doing with all the growing and transforming and everything I guess you still have to have days where you feel totally alone.
Maybe the whole letting go of "Him" thing isn't helping me right now. Or the fact that I've been sick since Saturday night and have had a fever for days.
I dunno...I just feel so sad and helpless. Like I have no idea what to do next. Like there is nothing coming to me that I want and deserve. I keep wishing that there is someone up there listening...but lately it doesn't feel that way.
I've been selfish...on here complaining and not bothering to read about anyone else's issues. I just don't have the energy right now. I feel like a shell of myself...
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:05 am

That's normal to feel like that.We all do from time 2 time.I'm sure things will turn around.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:37 am

MissTJ wrote:Thanks guys...

Despite how well I've been doing with all the growing and transforming and everything I guess you still have to have days where you feel totally alone.
Maybe the whole letting go of "Him" thing isn't helping me right now. Or the fact that I've been sick since Saturday night and have had a fever for days.
I dunno...I just feel so sad and helpless. Like I have no idea what to do next. Like there is nothing coming to me that I want and deserve. I keep wishing that there is someone up there listening...but lately it doesn't feel that way.
I've been selfish...on here complaining and not bothering to read about anyone else's issues. I just don't have the energy right now. I feel like a shell of myself...

I know exactly how you feel. Even for my age, I have all of these days where I feel alone. My problem is that I keep most of it locked up inside, when I really should be letting it out.
I get random feelings of being sick so I know what its like to be sick for days.
And you're not helpless. Just because you don't know what to do that doesn't make you helpless. And everyone deserves to be happy, so that is something you get. What you want will come to you even in the saddest of times. You'll know what you need and want when the time is right.
And you aren't selfish for complaining. I do it all the time. A blog is a place to speak freely as you wish, thus the point of you're blog. And if you are a shell, then you are the most beautiful shell in the world that just needs to find it's purpose. You are not just any shell, not just empty. You are a shell full of potential and a shell that is full of beauty and grace. A rainbow of awesomeness is in you and you just have to let that rainbow shine like the light of the moon the sun and the stars.
I hope you feel better...
Integrity ♥ Love ♥ Unity
~~ LunaChild
lunachild
lunachild

Location : Taking a walk on that little beach somewhere on the peaceful island in my mind...

Back to top Go down

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Empty :*(

Post by Tara Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Thank you, sweethearts. Your words always help me along when this darkness comes around.

Unfortunately, I haven't improved much. I've actually gotten worse since my last post. I had a hard day today. My Nan (Grandmother) is very sweet, caring and generous but she can also be very overbearing and irritating at times. Like she will take this spiteful tone of voice with me over nothing. So naturally I get the same tone back. I try not to but I guess it's just a natural defense mechanism and it's hard to control. Anyway, that starts arguments because each of us then feels like the other is being mean for no reason.

Then there's this trait that she has (Her brother has it too) where she seems to think that she's right about EVERYTHING. They are stubborn and their opinion about something is that and that's it, you know. To try and convince them otherwise, even when you KNOW they are wrong just turns into a fight.

Then the other thing that really has been driving me crazy; if I state a fact I know to be true or something even about myself or my life or one of my friends often she'll brush it off and go "Oh, go on" (In other words don't be so foolish) or "Give me a break". So you can see how I can get frustrated with her.

Anyway, I've been feeling sad the past few days and the whole day with her today was pretty much an argument about this and that. So myself and a whole bunch of my family were eating dinner together when I asked her a question and she answered me in this angered tone like she was talking to a 4 year old "I am eating my supper". Right in front of everyone. It made me feel so singled out and it just pushed me past my breaking point. I just got up and left the table and ran into the furnace room and hid away in the corner and sobbed uncontrollably for a good solid hour or more. It seems so infantile I know to run and hide away like that, I mean I'm just about halfway to 30 years old, but I just needed to be alone and I didn't want to explode in front of everyone like I used to before I started to get better.

Then I found myself crying for "him". It's pathetic. I know I just made the decision to let go and not contact him because I needed space from that. And I didn't, still. But I wanted him so bad at that moment I literally ached. I guess that's where the term "heartache" comes from.

I know why, I think. I have been doing amazing lately with controlling the bipolar, anxiety and depression. I haven't had a meltdown like that in 6 months or more. Every time it would happen in the past I'd run right to him and he'd make it better. But now, here I was, all alone on this rock having a breakdown while he's miles and miles away. It hurt so much.

Although it makes me realize that I can't rely on other people to comfort me every time I'm in the dark. No matter who it is, they won't always be there. When it comes down to it, I can't count on anyone but me to make me feel better. I have to be strong and not let it take me over again.

I'm crying again now...but maybe that's a good thing. The more I cry the more steam I will blow off and the less likely I am to explode in the future.

As for Nan...when I calmed down enough to be able to speak I gave her a kiss and she said "I love you, you know" which in our way means "I'm sorry". I've got to try harder to tolerate her. She's an old woman who is set in her ways. She could be gone tomorrow, she could have years left. Might as well try to keep them as positive as I can.

Anyway, I have a watermelon in the fridge I'm going to divide and pig out on.
The next couple months aren't going to be easy but I'm going to fight. I'm NEVER letting this sickness get the best of me again.

Love to everyone,
Tara Xoxo <3

P.s. My little cousin did the sweetest thing today while this was going on. Sometime after supper my little 2 year old brother and my 5 year old cousin were looking for me. My little bro found me first and he came in and hugged me and kept looking at me with this sad look on his face. Then my little cousin comes in after him and says "Are you ok, Tara?" and all I could do was nod (because I was just in that state where the tears are constantly flowing and you can't speak without breaking down more and I didn't want to upset the kids) and I put my head on her and she started to stroke my hair and she said "It's ok. I know what it's like to be stressed out at times".
What little darlings. How amazing is that for a 5 year old to be so intelligent and mature. She's an amazing little girl.
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:34 pm

Tara.. you're never alone! we all feel like that at times but there is always someone - even if the person u can count on is yourself!
i know what heartache feels like and for me, its been over 6 months now and i still sometimes think and hurt a little but im definitely much much MUCH better and i sometimes wonder when ill meet someone new.
but u know what.. this is going to be really blunt but hopefully it will help u because you're hearing this from another person. you CAN'T be together. and u said that every time you were stressed u went to him and he made you feel better - isn't him the reason why you're feeling stressed out now, most of the times anyway?
if a person only causes u sadness then they are not meant to be in your life anymore. its like an expired milk carton - you wouldnt drink that would you?
you are so beautiful and intelligent and strong - there is someone out there who actually deserves you the way you are, dont make it harder for them to find u by closing up over a person from the past.

YOU ARE STRONGER THAN THAT! <3
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:18 pm

<3 Thanks.
I know I can't be with him. A little piece of me doesn't want to believe it but I keep pushing it back over and over again because I know it's just a silly little bit of false hope.
I was doing so great with not thinking about him for a long time. I don't understand why I'm doing it again.
I know one thing is for sure. He came into my life at a point when I really needed him, he was amazing and he was like my angel. He helped me through so much but now he's gone. That time is over. It's a sign that I'm strong enough now to go on without him. I just need to get out of this fog I've been in the past couple of weeks.
When you have bipolar, you'll never truly heal. There will always be times that I feel down like this, but I know I can get through them without depending fully on another person to pull me out. I guess I need time to adjust to all this change.
I just hope that my highs last a lot longer then my lows...
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Good luck!! I know you'll make it through. You're strong. You can do it! Smile
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Thank you <3

I'm still not out of here...wherever I am. I am sooooo irritable and sad. I feel bad because I've been snapping at people and even the poor kitties.
It's just so hard to control lashing out when I feel like this.
It's like every little thing pisses me off so much I just want to scream and tear the shit out of everyone and everything in my path.
It feels like a huge step backwards. I haven't been this way in so long. I was doing amazingly well.
Also, right now, ever since I pinched a nerve in my arm while taking care of my friend post surgery and her kids, the littlest strain makes me pinch one again. Both of my arms have a pinched nerve atm. One worse then the other. It's so hard to moved it upwards and back and fourth.
I've been attempting some new crafts and things to distract me until it goes away. I suppose when I get right what I am trying to do I should post it.
Anyway...enough moping for one night. I guess I should go to sleep.

Night, night
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Empty In shock...

Post by Tara Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:14 am

My heart has been shattered today. I just found out that my cousin, Mike, passed away suddenly yesterday.
He was helping his boss move a couch and suddenly collapsed. We still don't know the cause but it looks like a brain aneurism.

On my Father's side of my family, there is me (The only girl), my brother Daniel, my cousins Justin & Jonathan, my cousins Michael & Kristopher, and my cousins Brandon & Stephen.
We all grew up together (Brandon and Stephen weren't around as much as the rest of us though). We spent all of our summers together doing so many things. Swimming, fishing, playing street hockey, having fires in the woods, picking berries and just being crazy kids.
I would have girls trying to get me to come play with them but I would always say no way! I'd MUCH rather play with the boys. We had so much fun.
My Dad would put us all in the back of his pick up truck when we were kids (We had to lay down so we wouldn't be spotted) and he would drive us to the park or the beach to swim. We had so many adventures.

Now we are missing someone from our little group and from our family. He was sweet, gorgeous and so funny. I'm sure his twin brother, Kris, and his parents are taking it the hardest right now. Not to mention my poor Grandmother. We all just lost our grandfather two years ago and it was hard on everyone. It was easier though, because he was an old man and he was sick. I guess everyone was just more prepared.
But this is crazy. You never ever think that you'll lose anyone close to you. Especially one so young and in such a great time in life.

Rest in peace Michael. I will love and miss you always!
Love, Tara (Terror)

My cousin, Mike. 1984-2011 R.I.P. <3

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 27647910

Last edited by MissTJ on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:23 am

im sorry for your loss

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Thank you...

I have to write about this...thing...that I was just told. I wish I hadn't been told...I feel sick to my stomach.
I guess I'll start off by saying that I've made it a point in my life to not attend wakes or funerals. It might seem like a rude thing to do to some people, but when I explain why you'll see it from my point of view.
Ever since a few years ago when my friend's brother committed suicide and I went to his wake w/ my best friend (my friend's ex) I decided I'd never go to one again.
Every time someone mentions this guy's name now, all I can picture is him lying there in that coffin...looking all caked with make up. He was the first dead person I had ever seen and honestly I think it may have traumatized me a little. I don't know why I can't picture him alive when he comes to mind...only lying there like that and I hate it so much.
Anyway, I decided then and there I wouldn't have any part of it any more.
I want to remember people as they were. Alive, full of personality, full of light. I can't bear to remember anyone else in that horrible way. In fact, I can't bear to see family like that. With my disorder...it's just an ongoing torture...it bears no closure for me...and it lays nothing to rest. I just simply can't fucking do it. That's it.
Well, getting to my point, as you can see in my last post I lost someone very dear to me. I am not attending my cousin's wake(s) or funeral. I don't want to see him there like that and ruin all of the wonderful memories I have of him.
My brother was at his wake today and told my mother that Mike's (my cousin's) twin brother was acting really strange. These two were very into wrestling and were always foolin' around wrestling each other as well. So here is my other cousin, his brother, at the wake poking him and other weird things and saying "This would be a great time to get him in a choke-hold".
I don't know why my mother saw fit to tell me this but my stomach rolled and churned and I got stabbing pains in my gut just at the thought of Kris behaving this way at this time. If I had gone and witnessed that I think I may have lost consciousness at the very sight of it.
I know that sometimes when people lose someone suddenly and so young like that they can have very weird reactions. I know that this is the only way his brain is capable of processing this right now, but omg it turns my stomach. I hope he'll be ok...poor, poor guy.
Fuck...I can't handle stuff like this...I just can't. All I can do is avoid the whole thing and send out my messages of "I love you's" and everything. I just hope they don't look down on me for not going. I can't see people I love like that I just can't. It does nothing but ruin the memories I have of them and drive me insane. I can't do it...

To make it even better, "he" messaged me the other day...asked me "which mike passed away" and "how was the trip"...I didn't answer...
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Forace Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:55 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss!
I understand you don't want to see people dead, and so should everybody else. No one should force you to see things you don't want to, no matter how rude it would seem to them. And if someone asks why, just tell them what you told here; you want to remember them when they were alive :)
I have seen three relatives dead: my mother's father, my cousin and my dad's mother. I told about my feelings about my grandmother's death in a different thread, so I won't tell it again... My sister didn't want to see her, when she was asked. She told me she wouldn't have wanted to see granddad, either, but it was so sudden and we got no warning that we were going to see him. I looked at him from one meter away. He looked like he was just sleeping. So, I wasn't shaken.
I went to see my cousin's body as well, when most stayed away. Maybe to see if seeing dead people would upset me? I didn't go too close, because my aunt was there and she was devastated. I thought it would be polite to keep a distance. I saw him still. Again, sleeping. Sure, he looked awful because he had withered away by his diabetes, but he looked peaceful. So, I wasn't shaken.
And my grandmother... I have felt so bad ever since she passed away, because I wanted to see her so badly, but we didn't make it in time. That's why I HAD to see her body. So I could see for myself. So I could see her for the last time, even though she couldn't see us anymore. Sleeping peacefully. And I wasn't shaken.
So, dead people don't affect me in any way. Maybe I don't think about it that much, or maybe I'm stupid, or maybe I'm not that sensitive... Like you.

I still see my grandmother in my dreams. She usually hugs me :')

"This would be a great time to get him in a choke-hold". I'm extremely sorry if I offend you, but this is funny to me! Good one. Kris is very bright :) He has a macabre sense of humor. So do I, but I understand if it makes you feel bad. Comedy helps deal with great sadness, this I have heard many times. So don't go thinking there's something wrong with the boy. He's just as sad as anyone else. He might be putting up a show to make everyone think he's doing fine, that he's a big tough guy, but he'll be crying when he's alone.

So you deal with things however you see fit. If it means not going to the funeral, then it's fine. Just remember to say goodbye in your own way, then :)
Forace
Forace

http://forace.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:14 pm

^Forace - I had a very similar dream about my grandfather after he died. Only difference is I had a goodbye with him. He was in the ICU and everyone was taking turns visiting him. He didn't open his eyes or make much reaction when they came in and tried to talk to him. Then my step Mom took me in and I said "Hi, Poppy" and his eyes flew open and he used all his energy trying to grasp my hand. It's something I'll never forget. Then after he passed a couple days later I was like I am now. No reaction whatsoever. No tears or anything.
Of course I was thinking about him and if souls really exist, etc. all the time. Then a couple weeks later I had this dream where he came out of light...there was just light everywhere and he hugged me and squeezed me tight. Then I woke up. I felt comforted by it. I know it could have just been my mind's way of dealing with my first death, but I'd like to think that it was him telling me he was alright.

So yeah, it's the same with Mike...even though his death was so unexpected and so sudden (He was 27) I have no reaction. There was no reaction when I found out either. Maybe it's my brain shutting down in that area so I can deal with it, I dunno. I feel bad for not crying or getting upset.

No offense taken. I appreciate all points of view. I have looked at Kris' reaction from all angles. It did bother me a little at first but then I got to thinking that if Mike could see him saying that he'd probably crack up laughing. I just hope he'll be alright. Twins are so close and it must be that much harder to lose your twin brother then a non twin brother.

The funeral and what not is all over now, he's been cremated. I'm not sure what they intend to do with the ashes...

I'm still stuck in this little depressed stage. Everything just seems so pointless and sad to me. I've been like it for a while now and it's starting to worry me. Usually it'll last a week or two and then be gone but it's been months.
I guess I've had a bit of stress with my cousins death and my mother and brother being here...trying to balance family and friends...I dunno. Something just doesn't feel right. Something is missing.

Anyway, I have a headache...maybe a bubble bath and then snuggle in my bed (by myself Sad) and watch some of Beetlejuice (the cartoon). I effin loved that show as a kid...still do.

Have a good night whoever is reading this...xoxo
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:14 pm

I had dreams of my grandmother afther she died too.They were happy dreams.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Empty Marley <3

Post by Tara Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:44 am

A more positive post today I think.

The pics below are of my corn snake, Marley. I got her from a friend who bought her without really thinking it through enough. So I said I'd love to have her.
She was pretty small when I took her home. Probably about a foot and a half. Now she's just under four feet and still growing. The average length for corn snakes is 4-5. A small few have been known to reach 6 or more, but that's rare.
So where I've been so busy these past 5 months I haven't taken her out...I've just been refreshing her water and feeding her. So she was nervous when I went to clean her cage. Tail starts vibrating (Kind of like a rattle snack without the rattler) and her tongue starts going crazy. But I got a hold of her and she was fine. And man has she ever grown.
So now that things have slowed down, I've gotta take her out more so she gets used to my scent again.

Anyway here she is:

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 11081610

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 11081611

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 11081612

Last edited by MissTJ on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:24 am

Snakes can be so so cute haha ^^ My friend has BIG yellow snake and he is totally adorable, always curling to my friends hair Razz
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by javieljones Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 am

I loooove snakes <3 She's cute!
javieljones
javieljones

http://www.myspace.com/javieljones

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:45 am

Ty guys. I can't wait for her to reach her full size.
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 am

Yay orange snake! Yay!!!!! She's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^-^
lunachild
lunachild

Location : Taking a walk on that little beach somewhere on the peaceful island in my mind...

Back to top Go down

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Empty Feeling better <3

Post by Tara Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Lol! I've never heard my snake called "cute" until I posted her on here Smile hehe. Most people I know are afraid/creeped/grossed out by snakes. I love them myself. Well, I am comfortable with just about any animal except bugs. For example; tarantulas and scorpions. No thank you!

Well I'm feeling a little better today. I was at my bestie's house and we had a long talk about everything that's been going on. Her shit and my shit.
It felt really good to get it all out and have someone listen (That is face to face with me that is) and give their opinion. It's been a long time since I've felt comfortable enough to spill everything to someone like that. My feelings (How angry and stressed I've been etc), "Him" and everything that happened there, my cousin's death, and we even figured out what possibly caused me to slip into anxiety's grip so bad these past couple years.

I told the story before of how I met "him". I was with this guy for three years...long story short he treated me like garbage. Called me down to the dirt every single day. Every time I'd open my mouth he'd say whatever I had to say was stupid, no one wants to hear it, your a retard, your an idiot, your stupid, your dumb. Eventually we'd get into physical fights when I would get tired of hearing about how big of a moron I was and he, being 6'4" and 200 something pounds, and me, being 5;3" and about 130 would usually end up hurting me pretty bad. Although I did get a few good licks in (Thank god for adrenaline rushes).
So, then I started to talk to "him" and when my ex and I were going through our split, he was there for me. Somehow we became REALLY close and I depended on him too much too make me happy. I just got worse and worse...doing that attention seeking behavior (I'm gonna kill myself, I'm so sad, I'll never be happy, etc). Freaking out and counting on him to fix me and fix my brain.
So eventually I pushed him away...of course acting like that all the time. And now he's moved away...has a g/f etc. Were still friend's but I've been trying not to talk to him. I want to be healed and be sure I won't fall back into the same patterns with him or ANYONE again.

So me and my bestie figured out that around the same time my ex and I were together was when I started to go inside myself more and more. I guess it was all that taunting and name calling every day. It made me feel worthless and pathetic and afraid. So I stopped being me. I held everything in. Then when "he" came along he (unknowingly) enabled me more by being there at my every beck and call and allowing me to become dependent on him for comfort and happiness.

So now I know the root of the problem and now I know what I have to do to fix it. I need to keep pushing my limits like I've been doing. Getting out there and breaking through comfort zones.
No more drama queen bullshit. There's no need to feel or even tell anyone I'm going to kill myself or anything of the sort.
I also have to remember that I can't count on anyone else to make me happy. I have to do that for myself. Besides...it hurts me and others.
Another big one; I can't let my ex have any more power on how I live my life now. I am fucking beautiful and I have a beautiful personality. His words don't mean fucking shit. Just more garbage from a very insecure man's mouth. I need to be myself and fuck what anyone else thinks!
(Remember these words when you feel bad about yourself!!!)

I'm so glad I have a place to ramble on Smile

Love to you! <3

I hope everyone has an awesome night, xoxoxo!

P.s. Below are the ONLY two men who will EVER truly own my heart! (My little brother, Noah and my god son, Mason <3

Noah
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Noah10

Mason
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Mason10
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Empty Party! & Stuff :)

Post by Tara Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Well Mom and little Noah are heading back tomorrow. Actually, they are heading to New Brunswick to visit her husband's parents THEN they are heading back to Germany.
Kinda sad, just a little. I've had their company for two whole months so it's going to be different without them around that's for sure.
I hate most not seeing them for another year. That's the hard part. Oh well, it'll be here before I know it, and, soon enough, they'll be moving back to Canada so we'll see them more often then.

Tomorrow is being anxiously awaited by me. A bunch of us are getting together for drinks.
I haven't had the chance to drink with my friends in months. Hopefully it'll help me relax a bit. Take some of the tension out of me. We always have such an awesome time!
Don't get me wrong were not the kind of people who go get ossified every weekend or more, just every couple of weeks when everyone can get a babysitter and has some extra cash.

Anyway, time for me to go finish tidying away, paint my nails and off to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow.

Goodnight all. I'll have a drink for you! XO
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Hey beauts! <3

We had a blast Friday night. A bunch of people ended up showing up at Krysta's house.
Then I drank like 8 Mike's Hard Lemonade and 4 or 5 screwdrivers when we got down town. I was feelin it lol.

Krysta & I left a little early and went back to her house cuz she was getting bored and I just went down to force myself out of anxiety about places like that (packed clubs, crowds, etc)...where I raped my friend Mel's camera LOL. I took all kinds of weird pictures for her to find the next day. He he, so sure enough she found them actually the next night and died laughing and had to write a message on my fb wall thanking me for putting a smile on her face. Glad I could help because she needed one.

Then a certain someone (My heart seems to kinda starting to get feelings for but my brain is saying "no! hold it in" cuz he may be moving out of the province soon for work) came and picked me up and just completed my night. Funny, I've hung out with him a lot lately but for some reason hanging with him that night gave me that warm fuzzy feeling, you know? And DON'T blame it on the alcohol!!! LOL I've been drunk around him before. It just had a different feeling to it that night.

Long story short Friday made me feel so loved thanks to all of these wonderful people!

So tomorrow I am going on a boat tour (whales, puffins, etc.) on the ocean with my family who is visiting that I haven't seen in forever. It should be fun. I haven't had the opportunity to go one in a really long time Smile I will have to post some pics and show you guys some beautiful Newfoundland scenery. I hope we get to see some whales! Although I am doubtful...because of the weather we've had this year.

Anyway, I have to get up early so bed here I come. I'm going to watch Interview With The Vampire & Queen Of The Damned and fall asleep...

Night, night xoxoxo

(Left to right) Santana, Me & Melanie. Not the greatest pic of us...for some reason we weren't very photogenic this night Smile LOL
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 31585410

Last edited by MissTJ on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Killjoychemicalchaos Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:56 pm

I can put myself in your place for some of your problems, my family bitches to me all the time about really horrible things and put's all sorts of stuff on me. Like if someone (My siblings) do something messed up they will take it out on me and really I iwsh they could refocus their energy on the real problem. Everyone has issues and I'm glas your with us expressing how you feel!
Killjoychemicalchaos
Killjoychemicalchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Killjoychemicalchaos Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:56 pm

BTW: My English isn't too good!
Killjoychemicalchaos
Killjoychemicalchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:42 am

love the picture Smile
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Empty A Little Piece Of My Beautiful Island

Post by Tara Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:50 pm

^Thanks guys. It always does my heart good to hear a kind word or know that someone undertsands. I appreciate every letter Wink <3

So my Aunt and Uncle came to visit for the first time in a long time and they brought with them two of their grandchildren (My cousin's children who I had never met until now) and they are such sweet kids I am going to miss them when they leave.
We did a few things of course and one of them was a Whale/Bird Tour. We drove out of the city and into a small town about a half hour away. I don't know if any of you have ever been on a whale tour...but you pay to get on a small boat that can hold maybe 100 people and you go out into the ocean and try to spot whales, local sea birds, ice bergs, etc...whatever.
So we went out but sadly the whales had all left. That's alright though because although I'm afraid of the ocean (I think it's almost more respect of the danger of it) I do love to go out in a boat for a ride.
We saw all kinds of sea birds and beautiful cliffs and caves. It was a sunny day but when we got out into the ocean it got super foggy.
I still got some pretty nice pictures. I can't post them all here but here are a few I thought were beautiful. I love to share even little glimpses of how beautiful my island is Smile

Me taking it all in...
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur10

This beautiful guy is called a Newfoundland dog. Named after my island Smile
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur11

Doesn't this make you wanna go swimming?
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur12
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur13
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur14

Starting to get foggy now...
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur15
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur16
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur17
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur18
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur19
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur20

Holy fog...Surprised
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur21
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur22
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur23
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur24
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur25

Back into the harbor...
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur26
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur27
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur28

Well that's all. I wish I could put them all up but it just takes soooo long, lol. I hope you enjoyed.
I have beautiful pictures of the city I live in but we'll save those for another post.

Goodnight beauties Smile <3
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:00 pm

My horoscope for today:

A shift in moods and attitudes occurs at this time that will continue to affect you deeply for a few days. You may be emotionally sensitive now, but often it is difficult for you to clearly express what you are feeling.Try not to take things that are said or done too seriously as you may be hurt more than any one intends for you to be.

For once I think I really need to take this one seriously Sad It has this day hit right on the head
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:18 am

The pictures are beautiful, Tara!
I definitely want to visit Canada one day and see all the little provinces too, not just the capital.

U know, with every post i read by you, i can see how much stronger you're getting. you're a supergirl! Smile
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:03 am

wonderuf photos.
you are amazing <3
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:30 pm

Thank you girlies Smile <3 That means a lot to me.
I AM getting stronger. I'm staring to come out of that dark place I was in the past little while and I'm beginning to feel like myself again. Although I still feel very restless, like I'm wasting my talents and all the love I have in me right now. Maybe soon I'll find a way to let it all out again.
Meanwhile I'm forcing myself to go out more and expose myself to things that make me anxious, like partying and going down town to all the clubs with my friends. I've done it once so far but there will be more opportunities ahead. I had fun last time. I have the most wonderful friends and I'm thankful every day that I have them here with me. Now all that's missing is a special someone Smile But we'll take that nice and slow...no more mistakes like before. I won't be set back.

Mimi you should come see this country for sure if you ever get the chance! I don't mean to brag but I think this province is the most beautiful one. It's so unique and we all have this accent that you will never hear anywhere in the world. The closest thing to compare it to would be a washed out Irish accent with a little twist of something else you can't quite put your finger on.
I would LOVE to show you around sometime. There's so much to see and do and we really know how to party on this island! Smile
Of course to see all of Canada would be a pricey trip and would take a long time. But who knows, maybe some day you'll get the chance.

Anyway, I should go. I'm going to clean my entire apartment from the floor to the ceiling. I'm craving that nice "just been cleaned" feeling...EVERYWHERE. I love it.
Maybe when I'm done I'll start a new necklace. I've been dying to use my new keys...Smile

Have a great night everyone! XOXO

P.s. BEST FB status ever...

"I'm done. It's time for some changes!
If you don't have time for me, then you cease to EXIST to me.
If you step on my toes, I will step on your FACE with my big ass heals.
If you come between me and what I want so help me I will plow you down.
I've come so far this year and I'm not letting anyone set me back.
Stay the fuck out of my way...Wink xo"

P.s. Here are some pictures of my city St. John's from Signal Hill. Beautiful view, no? You can't see the entire city but that's a good chunk of it. Enjoy Smile <3

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur29
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur30
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur31
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur32
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur33
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur34
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur35
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur36
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur37
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur38
From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur39
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

So...I am pumped! My uncle gave me a ski machine and an exercise bike. So now along with my yoga stuff and my little weights I pretty much have a home gym. Started on the bike last night for 30 minutes, tonight I'll do 45 minutes and the next night I'll do an hour. Work my way up.
It'll be so much easier to reach my goal now! Yay!

...and now I think I'll go have some vegetarian sushi for supper Smile Mmmm.

Check this guy out. I found him in Germany. Can you say best rubber duck EVER?

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Pictur40
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:04 am

It's been a lonely weekend so far. Everyone is out busy with things except for me it seems.
I've been doing little things around the house and sleeping too much. Slipping a little into that sad state again.
My brain works too much all the time, but especially when I'm bored and lonesome. It works overtime and I just think about everything. How far I've come and what I've lost most recently. How I wish certain people could meet me NOW and get to know me. Rather then meeting me when I was in a horrible state of mind.
It seems so sad that the impression they will have of me was the one I gave then and not the one I could give now. I've never been more confident as I am these days that THIS is who I am. It's not that I really care what people think of me...I just wish I had a certain few of them around. Like "him". We were best friends...and we loved each other so much...we had so much fun together and so many laughs...but I was sick and had to fuck everything up. I pushed the limits until I broke them and now he's gone.
I've let him go now though, don't get me wrong. I just still look back on it from time to time and wish he could have met me now while I'm so healthy instead of then. Maybe some day he'll get the chance to know me for real. Get to know me all over again and discover things he never knew were there and the things that will never be again.
Meanwhile...I have a few friends but most of them have children (So they can't really leave their homes without dragging them along and it's difficult) and/or live on the other side of town so I have to either wait for a ride from one of them or get the bus (which takes about and hour and a half). I still try to see them as often as possible of course. But sometimes it's just hard.
That's why I feel like I deserve someone now. I've come so far these past few months and fought so hard. It's not even just that I'm "waiting for love" but it's so much more then that. I just need a best friend again (I have my g/f of course who is my best friend, but in a different way, you know) someone to see me almost every day, go on dates and little adventures with me, cuddle me, support me, someone to take with me when we all go out for drinks etc. you know...fuck!! just do things together and be there for each other (& vice verse). *BARF* I think I'm starting to make myself sick with all this mushy stuff...but I can't help it. That's how I feel.
Besides, I'm finally me after all this time. No more craziness, no more crying and flipping out every day, I'm balanced, I'm healthy, I'm happy most of the time, I'm getting back in shape. I just wish I could share it with someone Smile <3 and this time I won't take it for granted.
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:18 am

I'm so sorry that it was lonely weekend for you.
Please, don't be sad. You are wonderful person. You don't deserve to be sad, honey.
Honey, I think that you will all your life remember him, he was valid part of your live but with time will better.
I believe in you.
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:02 pm

I'm not really sad...just hopeful and dreaming of what may come. It was a lonely weekend but it's over now and I'm ready to start fresh once again.
And yes, I will always remember him no matter what happens. If he hadn't been there when he was I might've done something stupid and I am VERY grateful that I had such a wonderful friend when I needed it.

Anyway, it's a brand new time.
It's making me so happy that (almost) everyone around me (and even those on here) seem to be feeling great and starting anew. I guess it's true when they say smiles are contagious! It sorta makes you think if this person can be happy well then so can I Smile & I hope it stays that way for you all. There will always be sad times but we just have to remember to fight through it and eventually it will pass.

I've been working on my apartment lately. There were so many paint chips and holes in the walls here it was driving me fucking crazy so I had to go get some plaster, paint and other things and start freshening this place up.
I have these BEAUTIFUL black sheers (see through curtains sorta if your not sure what that is) coming from Ebay for my bedroom and my mother is getting be this gorgeous pink and black leopard print bed set for Christmas. So my room is getting decked out and I LOVE it.
I've already decorated it a lot myself. I'm not allowed to paint in here (except for touching up the original colors of course) so I found all these awesome wall stickers at the dollar store and I have them everywhere. I''m going to get a few more.
I also found these really nice wrought iron wall hangings for dirt cheap at Winners and I painted them black and hung them on both walls.
What else...oh yeah! I took a bunch of old furniture that I had (A dresser and a desk) and I painted those black too.
Plus I got all of this awesome shit in Europe and some other things from previous vacations all around.
All that's left now is my curtains (when they arrive) and I'd like to get two posters and frame them to fill in two big empty spaces on my wall.
AND! Hehehehe you know what's coming up? One of my favorite times of year! Halloween! So besides all of the fun I'm to have on that day I get to browse through Halloween decorations and find some stuff and "alter" it for my bedroom Wink I'm fucking pumped. My room is going to just SCREAM me. I'll have to post pictures and show you guys when I'm done. I'm so proud of it so far!

Anywayyyyyy I better go do my work out go to bed.

Goodnight everyone...keep smiling Smile XOXOXOXO

P.s. Tattoo idea for my OTHER wrist: "Beautiful Within" What do you think?
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:15 pm

honey, I'll read tomorrow, ok??
now I go to sleep///
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:59 am

Smile that's a nice idea for a tattoo!

i think i know what im getting next, its gonna be tiny.

the room looks cool in my head from what you described.. BUT.. do you think its good to surround yourself with so much black?
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:29 am

Hmm, I can see how it sounds pretty dark when I describe it. There IS a lot of black, but with the pinkish/beige carpet, the pale beige walls and all the other color everywhere it looks great. Very colorful and...I dunno how to describe it. You'll see Smile
I've been trying to find a black vanity forever and can't find one, so I took my old computer desk and I'm going to turn that into one (since it was drawers and it's small). Then I drug out this old computer desk I had lying around...going to paint and mac tac that one for the computer. Smile
Can't wait Smile
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:44 am

Aww, you also have new nick name.. I love your name.
It so good that you aren't really sad. You should follow the most important things in your life with valid person for you. It good that you makes your own apartement. Really, I wanna see it so much.
Wonderful idea about tattoo
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:06 am

<3 Thanks. Tara is my real name T.J. is my nickname (Stands for Tara Jean) I never used to when I was younger but I must say I love my name now Smile
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:04 am

I'm proud of you that you love your name
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:43 pm

<3

I am starting to realize something now. I haven't written a new poem or drawn or painted in probably a year. Ever since I start this medication. It is helping me a great deal...but not being able to get that tingly feeling and be inspired to write a beautiful poem or draw something I see, breaks my heart.
(Most) Bipolar people are naturally creative. I don't know if it's the illness itself or the fact that we feel emotions so much more intensely then the average person, but there's just something that makes us that way.
In a way the illness is a gift in disguise. I have so many talents; I can write, I can draw and paint, I can decorate, create beautiful things out of ordinary objects, I can sing (Or so I'm told...I'm very shy about it), I can spell and read amazingly well, I can do almost anything with a computer if I learn how, I have the potential to be able to play the guitar and piano if I could sit still long enough to teach myself...and on and on...
It makes me think really hard about things. Is medication really worth "assisting" my healing if most of these talents are going to go to waste?
I've thought about getting off of them many times, but the way I get when I don't have them is almost unbearable. The pain I feel even now is unbearable at times and it's lessened so much since I found the right combination of pills. Emotions for me when I'm not on them are so intense the pain becomes almost physical. I can't even begin to describe.
Things I see just going about my business every day will sit with me throughout it and at night it'll all come out and overwhelm me with sadness and fear to the point that I've had huge panic attacks that makes me throw up and not be able to breath for scary amounts of time.
These days I can honestly say that I've never felt more secure in who I am and I love the fact that I'm finally truly me after all these years. With the exception of blocking a lot of my creativity that is.
I just don't know what I am supposed to do sometimes. Should I sit back and let the meds do their work, but never write or draw again? Should I just keep letting it go the way it's going and not let myself be who God or whoever or whatever intended me to be?
Questions I can't answer yet. I don't know if this is right or wrong or if it's neither. Medication doesn't seem right somehow. It isn't natural at all. But right now it's helping me a lot.
I just don't know what else to say...
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:50 pm

You know what my best friend said to me today after talking about a guy she's been dating? (She just broke up w/ her b/f of three years and found someone almost right away)
She looked at me out of nowhere and said "Do you know why you've been single for so long? Because your too good in every way for most of the men on this rock. You may not think so but it's true and that's the way you need to look at it".
What a sweet, random thing to say. Not saying it's true LOL. I'm not quite that vein. I just think I'm too picky, but what a nice little pick me up. I love my bestie <3

From Dark To Light & Back Again - Page 5 Image10
Tara
Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next