Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerli on the new album

+17
joseph325625
Poetic
catloafwithpotato
Little Phoenix
Sunnech
blackpixiedust
Claudia
kurokai
mimi
Liisu
electric_rhino
Natt
TheLastSongbird
Krissy
out of the hollow
loonylovegood
MoonChildLuis
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kerli on the new album - Page 2 Empty Re: Kerli on the new album

Post by Krissy Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 am

Hope the album and single comes out soon..Can't waite to here it.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 am

we must be patient Smile
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 am

Yeah,I know..I'am just excited for it.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:11 am

I also... I think that it will be very important day for Kerli
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:17 pm

yup.it will be

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Looks like someones father was rich. all of sudden this diva from a land of love shows up on my top music video list. logically she got the money from somewhere, ill let you all decide. my main problem is that she followed all the pop stars route -iTunes

Haha. Yea.
My dad is actually unemployed right now as like 15% of Estonia. I haven't asked my parents for money since I was 16.
The money I funded the AOL video is the money I made off Love is Dead. I actually spent all I made from it because I didn't make so much. Just 2 weeks ago I saw that I had 52 cents on my bank account. But that's okay, my friends have couches. lol. Actually I'm not kidding but I don't fucking care. And if I do ever break huge, my story about coming from nowhere is not gonna be some fucking PR trick. it's real. And I've somehow managed to live my dream and pay my rent so far so I'm not even worried.
I'm Not wearing my struggle as a badge of honor cause that's not what it's about. Just telling u how shit really is. If u wanna travel to Estonia and visit my hometown, you can go see for yourself and ask people questions.
Because I go so against the grain with the way I see things, I do believe there are gonna be a lot of people trying to stop me in power positions but if they won't let me in through the door, me and the moonchildren will push the fucking house down.

I asked that question. I love her. I absolutely love her. The Army of Love will be the best Army ever.
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:45 pm

^ Haha, how sly of you, Poetic Razz

I adore that answer too. Kerli's like a diamond in an ocean of mud. She could complain about how crappy and tough her life can get, and how she isn't appreciated enough, but she doesn't. She's such a rarity, she's genuine and she shines out for all to see.

Because I go so against the grain with the way I see things, I do believe there are gonna be a lot of people trying to stop me in power positions but if they won't let me in through the door, me and the moonchildren will push the fucking house down.

Hellz-to-the-yeah! Cool
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:39 pm

wow..........awesome answer

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:02 am

yes, the best is it that Kerli is sinceres....
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:34 pm

TheLastSongbird wrote:

Hellz-to-the-yeah! Cool

LOL I loved that part too. WOOT Razz
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph325625 Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Q:"When you will say the release date of the second album? And the name? I'm anxious!!!! I.L.U! ~GabrielLatrii"

A:"I do have a release date but I don't wanna jinx it so I won't tell you.
It's coming. I'm working. I literally had to beg my team last night to give me one evening off. It's crazy right now."

IM SO FUCKING EXCITEDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
joseph325625
joseph325625

http://www.myspace.com/400641326

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:39 am

yeeeeeeey Very Happy
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:51 am

Kerli...We are entering the second half of February... is your team waiting for this hole BritxGaga thing to cool off? I hope not... Jessie J is comming int he middle of this and doing fine. I know you will take care of this, but I want it to be soon=(
We're not really overly cautious about who is out and who is doing what. We just do what we believe in and have a very specific plan, we're building this thing brick by brick and there will be just enough going on organically by the time my stuff hits the radio. It won't be this big bang with a big corporate single and no other material out. It will get there, I believe but it's not one big thing..it's a buildup and collection of everything. There is so much going on that I'm not telling u and we're working on some epic stuff...so...step by step...this is real shit. I am not a manufactured pop star.
So just chill and let's be a part of each others journey!Smile
Right now Army of Love is like number 30 something in the club charts and getting bigger and bigger. And we did it all our own...just us and you guys!Smile Let's build this house with our own hands and by the time people come around to see, it will be the most beautiful, special house ever built. We don't need a construction to come and make it the same as everything else in the neighborhood.Smile
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:54 am

Very Happy least it's coming

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 am

Will the new single give away much of the album concept? just curious

The first single is so bubblegoth! It doesn't give away the concept of the album because each of the songs makes sense just standing alone as well...but if u put them together, they sure tell a bigger story.

It makes me so mad when people get all dramatic waiting for your album. As you said, its not your fault! Why cant they open their eyes and see that for themselves!! Us MoonChildren are on this wait together nd the end will eventually come!! CALM DOWN PPL!

Here's the deal: labels are super old school so they push something when they see that there's excitement happening already. I have a killer album and a killer single and they know it...they just don't know what to do with me cause I'm not a typical female pop tart who doesn't make any decisions. I write, produce and create my own visuals. There's also been some political bullshit at the label. A lot of egos that would work on an existing celebrity, rather than break a new artist, although my numbers beat theirs.
So where I'm at right now is - I did AOL on my own, just with my team independently and that's creating a lot of cool energy and I've got some incredible stuff on the table that will make a good story for the radio. The radio won't play you out of thin air but if u got a lot of stuff going on, they can't ignore u.
There's gonna be lots of shows coming up and I've been offered to be a part of some dream projects.
Me and my team feel very strongly that I don't wanna be someone who just happens with a big single and a big video and one big push. We want it to feel organic, we want people to find me on their own and not be shoved down their throats. As we're building the story and MoonChildren will grow, it will organically reach a whole new level and it will have integrity and it will be real. There are a few people in the business that believe in this kid of a model rather than just doing one big thing and throwing it all away if it doesn't happen in 3 weeks.
We're in it for the long run. I wanna get better with every song, every video I release and getting better is a lot of work.
I'm sorry that some of you are impatient. I am too at times but if u don't wanna be a complete sellout, u have to develop and build. Every artist that's been truly important, ever - took a bit longer to develop and reach their full potential.
I was ready to make an album and release it like 2 years ago but I realize now that I wasn't truly ready. By now, I can sit down and write and produce a tune with no outside help, I can create any outfit, any visual I can think of...granted, my funds are limited at this stage but I feel like I can finally execute my vision without having to count on anyone else...and that's been taking a lot of time and a lot of hard work to get to this point.
My album is gonna come out in 2011...they have confirmed that...and the 1st single will come very soon.
I hope u will stay with me and continue creating this fantasy with me.
You know I love u to pieces.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. you said maybe march, so if it's in march why don't you say us the truth? IT'S HARD TO WAIT FOR A THING FOR SO LONG I LOVE YOU SO FUCKING MUCH but you know...this wait gets me down. for god sake tell me something. <3

I don't think you guys understand that this is completely out of my hands. I'm signed to a big corporation to whom business comes first and art comes second and they have their own budgets and plans and who they're spending on and when.
I am doing everything I can, every day - on my own.
And it's so lame when u get upset with me! I have never been anything but honest with you. I just don't have the answers and the timelines keep moving so from now on I'm just not gonna make any promises. If it was up to me, I would release an album twice a year. And once my deal is up - I will.

ppl are so terrible for kerli Sad
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 am

wow..ya they are

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnech Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:19 am

ahh damn that's sucks really..!! what the ppl are so awful really..!!
dont see that kerli can be sad for that, she is working so hard in this for her own, i dont understand what the people annoying her..!!

Sunnech

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 pm

i agree.ppl just don't wanna waite.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:51 pm

KERLI, WHAT YOUR FIRST SINGLE RHYME WITH OR WHAT IS THE FIRST LETTER PLEZ PLEZ PLEZ ILU

the last letter is e

Very Happy
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:35 pm

I can feel ya. It seems your music has changed greatly that I think it focuses more on a higher conscious self (higher awakening / awareness) while having fun at the journey to reach it. Wink Btw, thanks for answering my anon question b4. Blessings.

I love your name! lol.
Its strange that I can't focus on anything negative when I make music anymore. I physically and mentally can not even take myself to a place where I'm complaining because I'm like: I don't wanna put that out in the universe and I don't want people singing along to it, dwelling on their stuff. I still write about struggle on the new album but on 95% of the songs, I overcome it.
I just hung out with this publisher and we were talking about a song I wrote for this one amazing artist (it's gonna come out soon and it's gonna be fantastic and you're gonna be so excited for it:) and he told me that he loves that I made the artist win in the end. So I was thinking about it cause it was a cool thing to say and I realized that for the past 2 years I have written so much music and only a few songs where I don't win in the end.
maybe I'll look back at it and wanna make a sad album next but that's where I'm at right now - staying in the flow of love and just enjoying my time in my body, trying to soak in everything good the world has to offer.

Love is dead was the name of ur song and your album, will the single and album have the same name?????

I don't know if the title track is gonna be a single. We'll see:)
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sat May 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Soo, we've been waiting for about 2 and a half year on your second album. How is it all going? What have you planned? I'm very excited Very Happy

Oh, I have so many things planned for it!Smile It's kind of a concept album, that's why I haven't given away the title yet or the story. The music..I tried to make it this one spectrum of colors: whites, pastels and metal. Now I need this one song that is really dark blue and purple and I'm working on this one that is all red. Although I really don't like red in music, I feel like I need this kind of a song for live stuff. I see music in colors so I don't know if any of what I'm saying is making any sense. lol.
For this new music, I've become a student of human behavior. I've restlessly gone out to the world to study their feelings and thoughts and what they're up to. I call it "gathering". Then I go home, switch my phone off, don't see anyone for 3 days and write and program. Sometimes I find a title I need and write like 5 songs with the same title until I nail it. One of my favorite songs from the album actually, I wrote like 5 versions of it before I wrote the right one.
This album is really about overcoming struggle but it sounds really positive and although I know some fans are expecting the same darkness that Love is Dead had, I just can't do it anymore. I'm in such an amazing place. I wanna write stuff that makes people feel like they're winning. It's not like self-congratulatory party music but it's noticing everything beautiful about all the aspects of life.
When it comes to sounds, it has some dance in it, it has some hip hop, it has some rock. I've been listening to a lot of church and choir music for inspiration as well as classical and healing music. Also getting inspiration from cartoons, anime and computer games for the sounds. And a massive touch on the whole thing is super trashy euro music from the 90's like Aqua and all these people with neon colored hair and insane cartoon lyrics.
So it's like music about some pretty dark stuff like domestic violence and personal struggle - the struggle of wanting to make art I believe in, the struggle of being a girl in a world where women still earn less and get less respect than guys, the struggle of being a human.
But when you listen to the music, u're not thinking about the struggle..you're overcoming it with me.
I'm trying to write music where I win so u could sing along and win in your head as well. And then go out to the world and spread that light and be a blessing to every person that comes in contact with you.

I.L.U
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexe Mon May 09, 2011 2:40 am

Kerli on the new album - Page 2 My_little_gothic_pony_by_negrawaridi-d2wd5h1

Kerli on the new album - Page 2 Anime_angel2-1

Is your image created and inspired by you or did someone say, “Hey, I think this would suit you”, type of thing. How does it all come about? Your beautiful all the time, but are you always gothic in your private life?

My image is just a reflection of who I am at the time. And since I’ve been able to deliver visuals that people seem to dig, my label doesn’t even give me advice in that department anymore. I just do what I want. All my photoshoots I do with my best friend in his house. I do the hair, make up and make the clothes and he’ll shoot and edit. Then we just give it to the label and my team and they’re usually like “ok”. At first when I wanted to do “out there” kind of stuff, they were all freaked out cause crazy visual stuff wasn’t mainstream yet when walking on air came out. But now I have total freedom.
It’s funny when people compare my style to other girls in pop cause I don’t even have a stylist or a creative director or anything. I make everything you see.
It hasn’t been a choice of mine..it’s kinda just happened out of necessity. I didn’t have anyone on board throwing money at me so i had to figure out how to create outfits and pictures and videos and content by myself. I write and produce and even all the nitty girtty stuff like behind the scenes videos etc – I edit in my laptop.
I’m kinda like the amish people versus the modern society. When the internet disappears, the world is gonna go to shit but the people that have figured out how to generate their own electricity, how to grow their own food are gonna be fine.
So yea, you can add layers to my stuff by throwing more money into it and putting me in the room with the best of the best to elevate everything but if that’s not happening, nothing is gonna happen to me and what I do because I’m completely self sufficient and do all this stuff anyway regardless of who’s on board or how many people are watching.

Kerli on the new album - Page 2 IMG_0645

Kerli on the new album - Page 2 Phdddoto-3

Kerli on the new album - Page 2 MyHipstaPrint0

Kerli on the new album - Page 2 10292338-pet-heaven-rainbow-bridge

Hexe

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1258204190

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Mon May 09, 2011 5:24 am

^ That has to be my favorite answer from her.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon May 09, 2011 8:58 am

Least she's honest Very Happy cool answer.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:45 pm

I just saw this on formspring. I hope I'm putting in the right thread......

When you gonna make a new video??

Already Putting together thd treatment and the visionboard for it. I think its gonna happen like now-ish.

I'm super excited for a new video.I'm pretty sure she means music video....

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:46 pm

finally

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by tonenorway Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:09 am

I`m really excited for new songs, videos, and everythingxD
tonenorway
tonenorway

http://5thngs.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:25 am

I know it's not Kerli's answer but
When is the album dropping? I haven't seen anything about it being released yet and I can't wait to hear it. Very Happy

Vespertine:Shit drops winter 2K11, yo!
sorry if it's already posted

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:53 am

She keeps saying it's coming out soon. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:18 am

I think Vespertine meant his album, but I'm not sure..
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 am

yes, it's about him album, she had released also album during 2011
but I think that he working with Kerli now Smile

Last edited by Natt on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ortography)
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:12 am

ahh

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content