Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerli on other artists & their work

5 posters

Go down

Kerli on other artists & their work Empty Kerli on other artists & their work

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:26 pm

These are the questions I've happened to collect. If this needs to be moved or reorganized or something, I apologize in advance Smile

what do you think about Madonna, did she inspired you altrough your career? I admire her now when I'm older but there's nothing she's ever done, that actually touched me. Granted, she's one of the greatest entertainers of all time, pure genius...but I have always been much more inspired by females like Bjork, Imogen Heap, etc... Girls who don't need to do certain things because they've actually got something to say.

What do you think about Britney, you know, the fact that she don't sing in her shows. Tnks Riryan Priester-Brazil
I really don't care. I'm sad that she doesn't have a say in her life these days because she seems to be a genuinely nice person from what I know. She is a great singer, as u can see looking at all the disney stuff she did when se was younger...just her music now is this electronic crazyness, super tuned...who could sing this stuff live anyway? I'm sure if u made her sing a ballad, she'd do just fine.

You say Madonna's never done anything that touched you ... Well you've got to hear her whole Ray of Light album, it's amazing (: by AyaJohnson
That's true. That album is amazing. I like her bedtime stories video too. I said I think she's a genius and a revolutionary woman. She has just never taken me to the place where some other artists have...emotionally...

you look a little bit like lady gaga...
No, I don't. I looked like me when she was still dancing around in a forever 21 thong and had black hair. Thanks.

What do u feel when u just close your eyes and listen to Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros ? Isn't that song just magical ? by AyaJohnson
Omg. I love Sigur Ros so much. I went to their show and gathered confetti from the ground like some crazy stalker. They are sooo good.

What do u think of Oceania by Bjork ? by AyaJohnson
I love Bjork so much. She could fart in the microphone and I'd still think she's brilliant. Oceania is not my favorite but it's still beautiful and the video is awesome.

( lol! at the last one!)

I like that Kerli is not all over Madonna like all other female singers seem to be who hit it big in the US. I don't have anything against Madonna or anything, but what's the big deal?
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Kerli on other artists & their work Empty Re: Kerli on other artists & their work

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:18 pm

How do you feel about Sharon Den Adel from Within Temptation and Anette Olzon from Nightwish? Do you like their music? I find them to be really freaking amazing! <3
U know, a lot of artists that I really love and respect, I don't listen to all the time. I like both of these bands a lot but don't listen to this kind of music all the time. I actually listen to very little music in general because to me it's an intense experience and I can't just put it on in the backround. That's why I pretty much only listen to mediation music...it doesn't invade me. And now that I'm trying to write this pop album, I listen to some completely obscure, weird shit for inspiration and almost never any real songs. I also listen to the radio in the car to research and see what's up. <3 Within temptation and Nightwish were so my bands when I was 17 though:) <3
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Kerli on other artists & their work Empty Re: Kerli on other artists & their work

Post by GeoffKoiv Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Björk is so amazing <3333
I would so agree with Kerli's statement ! x]]]
GeoffKoiv
GeoffKoiv

https://www.facebook.com/GeoffGORE

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Would you applaud if she farted in the microphone? Wink I cracked up so much at that. Very Happy
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffKoiv Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:45 pm

LMAO I would ! x]]]
HAHA ! = PP
GeoffKoiv
GeoffKoiv

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Haha!

Another kinda funny one about Bjork:

Do you know anything from the album Volta by Bjork? I know u like Homogenic
I am not really following her newer work. To me, the older stuff where she still cared about writing songs, was more exciting. But Bjork herself is like god to me. My manager just sent me this link one day where she was the worst dressed and I emailed him back saying that Bjork is above all human laws so he needs to shut the fuck up:)
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:15 pm

hi kerli, do you like nirvanas music?
Like? L O V E. Kurt Cobain is one of my favorite men ever. That fucking voice!!! <3

do you like a lot of the popstars out right now? like Rihanna? have you heard Rated R?
Yea. Pop stars are cool. The pop scene is really entertaining right now. I love that Gaga has raised the bar on the visual side and there's less of the T-shirt and jean wearing pop stuff.

What do you think about Shakira and her work with promoting education for everyone especially in poor countries?
Shakira is so down to earth and cool. Everyone that has worked with her says she's the best.

You've talked to lady gaga?
yea. we were promoting our first albums together in Europe on a couple of universal events. She sure didn't look like what she's become now but I saw her fire and told her I thought she was gonna be huge.

im sorry kerli but i know shes a great performer but it seems to me she supports being mindless..gaga thts the meaning and just going out and only partying ..i dnt support tht
Well, she's a really smart girl. She knew that talking about how she wants to bang the jonas brothers will get her publicity and people talking. I don't really understand what she stands for exactly but it keeps changing every week and people believe whatever she wants them to believe. So, as I said, smart girl.

Does it get on your nerves when people compare you to Lady Gaga? bc you guys are pretty different :-\
It used to bother the fuck out of me because so many of these things people compare us for, I have been doing for a long time.
Now I've been using a lot of harp in my performances and I'm learning harp as well for this new album. So I'm endorced by this harp company www.electricharp.com and of course, they just told us that Lady Gagas people are now reaching out to them. It just doesn't seem to stop.
Whatever.
I think she's dope and I need to not care what she does but get some hits on the radio myself.
I was just thinking the other day that if the aliens came to the earth and I had to show them one entertainer, I'd probably show them Lady Gaga. I think she's brilliant and I've told her so as well. I hope whenever I talk about her, it doesn't come off as complaining or hating or being jelaous, because it's really not the case. I'm just speaking my mind.
So, I'm a fan but really hope I get to establish myself enough that the comparisons will stop and we both will be seen as just creative artists. More creativity in pop wouldn't hurt, right?
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffKoiv Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:18 pm

Volta is actually my favourite album by Björk x]]
But yea I seen that one the other day on her twitter . = PP
GeoffKoiv
GeoffKoiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:01 pm

If i was kerli id sure has be annoyed being compared to lady gaga all the time..She handles her self well...they are so diffrent..

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:01 pm

kerli! i was at the gaga concert yesterday and i was keeping my eye open for things she took from you and she totally had a harp and she called little monsters a place for people to go that feel like they don't fit in. a little like moonchildren? AGHH!!
whatever. I'm more than all these little details that are rip-offable.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:38 pm

What does she mean by her answer? That she's gonna be the biger person in this?

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:47 pm

I think she means that even if Gaga steals little ideas like using a harp or whatever from her that it doesn't matter because she's not just little ideas, she's a bigger artist than that who can't be copied. Smile
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:15 pm

ohok.Thank you...I understand now..i like how she's not gonna let this stuff piss her off.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by blackpixiedust Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Well, I'm pissed off for her. Not really, but it sometimes irks the shit out of me whenever I read some of the questions that people ask her in reference to Gaga. They come off as so ignorant. But most people are not ignorant on purpose, so... >>

I also found it strange how Gaga refers to her little monsters as this "special network of fans who don't fit in" and yada. I noticed that when she was on Oprah earlier this year. She was being emotional when she said it. I think it only caught my attention because this occurred just around the time when Kerli had called her a bitch in a blog and whatnot. Then again, I tend to notice stuff like that, and being a Kerli fan, it automatically reminded me of her. ><
But it's totally possible for Gaga to have bitten off Kerli several times.

In the end, people will believe what they want to believe. There's not much Kerli can do but be herself. She is truly genuine and presents this prophetic sort of perspective on life that holds people's attention after being drawn in by her talent. It reflects in her music too, of course. But as a person, she's just too awesome to hate on. People will love her once they actually listen to what she has to say. There are very few other pop artists that are as genuine as she is. It will help establish her as her own artist, and not a "gaga clone" which is the shit that the media's going to flash at first. :]
blackpixiedust
blackpixiedust

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:44 pm

I agree,That does suck that the media will see her has a clone.

I think kerli doesn't let it get to her.OR worry her.So we fans should't let it bug us.

I belive we have room for both.
Kerli on other artists & their work Icon_biggrin

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by blackpixiedust Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:58 pm

There is definitely room for both. :]
blackpixiedust
blackpixiedust

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Pop music is all about taking what works for someone else and making it your own. GaGa is not unique, in fact far from it, but if everybody sued everybody for taking influences (or fashion ideas) from other artists and so on then pop music wouldn't be able to operate.
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by blackpixiedust Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:24 pm

True. I think it's the response to it that bothers me. Because Gaga is so hot right now, everything gets compared to her. She has refurbished and reproduced other people's stuff, and yet, she is viewed as the originator in so many comparisons - even with non-pop acts. I find that to be sooo ridiculous. But that's just me. I know that it cannot be helped.
blackpixiedust
blackpixiedust

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:40 am

I every NEW singer kind of copy's past popular singer's.They just add there own style to it.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sat May 07, 2011 9:23 pm

there is a radio show i listen to and ke$ha gave one of the guys a tattoo of 3 dots. only people in her "circle" have it. sound like moon marks anyone? no wonder you keep everything so under wraps.
I don't know. Maybe it's a coincidence. But there was the trash bag dress as well. And the unicorns. But whateeevs. Let's make music.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon May 09, 2011 9:00 am

haha

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down