Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Gaga

+73
CherryCherryMoon
stargirlstrike
MoonChildMe
LadyMimic
jayson526
BubblepopMoonchild
maintube
Kanra
RoxyMoon
TanyaMinxy
Up♥Up♥Up
LeechesLolita
Jukenami
Aquamarine
Etheriel Moonglow
MaliceinWonderland
discobunnie
kitten1289
MaryCourage
PirateDolly13
Ragdoll*Bunny
MoonDaFiddle
prettybarf
ViiiickKaulitz
Midnight
Inertial Mass
Hexe
Forace
nichte
Lovemuffin
wolfeh
eMAYPsIlOnEeR
tonenorway
BrowniesBeffy
MoonChildEve
luksrossi
LightThruDarkness
alis18
JaneLove
javieljones
DarkMoon
Liisu
Celi
ThePinkPuppet
Sinn
catloafwithpotato
Riley
bubblegumpanda
MizuJosh
Winter
Quincy
Chikyuu
Loveisalwaysthere!
moonchild_amarah
EetuJaKeijut
Natt
electric_rhino
leafxx
ladyxcabaret
Little Phoenix
Claudia
lyndseyjoy
Poetic
Krissy
Tyler
joseph325625
out of the hollow
Dawty
alelokk
mimi
Lilee
Gretta
GeoffKoiv
77 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Lady Gaga  - Page 2 Empty Re: Lady Gaga

Post by Little Phoenix Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:50 am

yeah, that would be cool
cause I don't get it either... x)
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:22 am

The sexual imagery in the video is something a lot of people seem to be diagreeing with. By saying that if girls were doing what the men were doing in the video, that it would be seen as derogatory to women. But this is kind of the point. The whole video tries to strip gender away as an issue. It tries to make everyone equal. This is why, in the video, she dresses more masculine and the men dress more effiminate. Also, the contradiction of the strong stance/dance at the beginning of the video, compared to the effiminate strut towards the end of the video represents this. It takes away the assumption of what is male and what is femal. It makes everyone equal. Which is essentally what the video represents as a whole. The fight for equal rights.

But the video isn't just about the fight for equality in society. It's also representative of the song somewhat. Being in love with your gay best friend. Desperate for them to love you in a way they just can't. Gaga is in love with the troops, or “Alejandros” and just wants to be loved by them as an equal. But her stance as the commander represents that it will never happen. Because despite being close to them and training them and helping them, as a different rank (or preference, ie straight/gay etc) she will never have the closeness that she wants with them, or that they have with each other, Because with them being homosexual, they don’t only have a deeper connection, they can express their love for each other, the way she wants them to love her. She’s just watching them touch and dance and can only look from the outside in. Never be a part of it. That is why in the first scene, the funeral scene where she is a widow, I think she is carrying her own heart and in the coffin is her love. Her hope almost. The hope that Alejandro could love her the way she wants. Her heart is physically visible. She litterally has it on show. But she will still never get what she wants or needs.

The religious robes are representative of opression. She is litterally wearing prejudace and opression. This si why, when she wears them, the Alejandros push her, shove her and fight her. But when she rips off her robes, their attitude changes, and they begin to be more gentle. More carressing. The has torn the pejudace and oppression off. She is now happy with herself and free from ridicule. The man who is watching this happen, the soldier, to me, is society. Watching. Watching intently and making her keep the robes on. It's only when she strips them off, that she can truely be free.

The part where she swallows her cross, I feel, is the best part of the video. IT just represents so much. Swallowing your religion. Keeping it inside, away from the watching eyes/hurtful comments. But perhaps she's swallowing it because she's ashamed of it. Not ahsamed of her religion per sae, but ashamed of what its edned up representing. The main message of any religion is love, and tolerance, yet here she is having to fight to make people equal, when Jesus preached love to all.
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 am

i agree kind of

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:22 pm

I really like Lady Gaga, her voice is really good live and she's so sweet to her fans. She's been known to buy them pizza while they wait in line for concerts. I also think she's really creative. My absolute favorite song of her's is probably Fooled me again (Honest Eyes). Her album songs are really good but I like a lot of her demos more, they have more substance, meaning to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:03 pm

I love "Fooled Me Again (Honest Eyes)" soooo much!
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffKoiv Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:59 pm

Her demos are the shit . <3333
I don't like the albums .
GeoffKoiv
GeoffKoiv

https://www.facebook.com/GeoffGORE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:45 pm

[/b]I don't like her. I think she is tooo overrated.[b]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:23 pm

GeoffGaga wrote:Her demos are the shit . <3333
I don't like the albums .

I like her demos more than the albums but I do like her albums I think The Fame Monster is her best. The Fame was to much about sex and fame. I did think it had some good songs thou. I loved Brown Eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffKoiv Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:57 pm

I loved the song Again Again ! x]]
GeoffKoiv
GeoffKoiv

https://www.facebook.com/GeoffGORE

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:45 am

I hate Lady Gaga

This is parody. Lady zGaga- Lady Heartburn.Unfortunately, it is Polish, but amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMotOFGSTk
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:01 am

I love her, she changed my whole view of pop music.
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Lady GaGa is evil (steals from Kerli! =O ), and my fwiend thinks she's the AntiChrist

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:09 am

AngelicDaughter135 wrote:Lady GaGa is evil (steals from Kerli! =O ), and my fwiend thinks she's the AntiChrist

what makes you think that?

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:25 am

Lady Gaga could put on some more clothes Rolling Eyes

one of her latest gig where she wore hot pants and barely no shirt (fishnet shirt and she wore something over those areas, don't know what they are called)

ugh I'm disgusted, she have fans who are young kids.
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:31 am

wow!! even britney spear's puts on more clothes..

That is disqusting..Ya not a good rolemodel for children,

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:17 am

KerliKoivPoland wrote:I hate Lady Gaga

This is parody. Lady zGaga- Lady Heartburn.Unfortunately, it is Polish, but amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMotOFGSTk

lol, better than the real music video Razz
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:31 pm

When has Gaga ever said she was a role model for young children?

*silence*

Right.

Lady Gaga  - Page 2 Tumblr_ktokc5dyBh1qzeovdo1_500
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:33 pm

I guess that's true...I don't think any singer really want's to be a rolemodel.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:53 am

I never said she didn't want to be a role model, she's just never said she was a role model for young children

Lady Gaga wrote:Lady Gaga says that she is happy to be a role model for her little monsters.

She said, “When you’re in the public eye, you’re a role model whether
you want to be or not, and I want to be. I’m not one of those
self-obsessed artists who don’t care about their fans. It’s not just
about the music. I look out into the O2 and there are 18,000 screaming
young people and I have a responsibility to them – and you’re an idiot
if you don’t know that.”

http://earsucker.com/2010/04/12/lady-gaga-is-a-happy-role-model/
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:25 am

Oh,Thanks for sharing!...So she does wanna be a rolmodel for her younger fans? Cool! or her monsters. LOL

Sorry the name monsters, sounds too kidish too me.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:53 pm

Monster was my nickname -___-

urgh I use to love it but now it's the name of Lady Gaga fans then I kinda frown upon it now.
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:21 am

oh,Lady gaga is just copying kerli

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:15 am

Lady Gaga  - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes umm. So she wan't to be a rolemodel? She for sure doesn't seem to the right person for that job. If i was a mother i would not like my kids looking up to her.

I really wish kerli's music took off,Not lady's gaga. She has not idea's of her self.She has to steal them from kerli. Lady Gaga  - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:46 pm

butterflycry2010 wrote:
AngelicDaughter135 wrote:Lady GaGa is evil (steals from Kerli! =O ), and my fwiend thinks she's the AntiChrist

well Kerli said so herself that she KNOWS GaGa steals from her (i no have link though it was on Formspring so i guess you could look there) and my fwiend just thinks she is because ...i don't know why he thinks that but he does (i wove him... Embarassed )

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:06 pm

AngelicDaughter135 wrote:
butterflycry2010 wrote:

well Kerli said so herself that she KNOWS GaGa steals from her (i no have link though it was on Formspring so i guess you could look there) and my fwiend just thinks she is because ...i don't know why he thinks that but he does (i wove him... Embarassed )

oh right!!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Lady Gaga is not copying Kerli.

You guys have no idea how tired I am of reading that. What has she stolen? Really? Kerli's blond hair? Get over it. Kerli has.

Kerli =/= Lady Gaga

I've said before that Gaga is not a role model for kids. She is a role model for young PEOPLE.

The term Little Monsters comes from her album The Fame: Monster
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:22 pm

ok then! Then let's all just let is gooooooo!!!! Lady Gaga  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin End of subject.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:38 pm

I try to stay out of this topic because I knew the subject of 'Lady Gaga is copying Kerli' would be brought up multiple times. I really don't think Lady Gaga is copying her. Yeah, there's a few similarities but there are a lot more differences.

I think the yellow hair thing (what people bring up the most) can just be accidental. Lady Gaga's hair wasn't all yellow. Kerli's was right? Plus their not the first musicians (Cyndi Lauper) to dye their hair yellow.

I think everyone should clam down. I read a lot of comments in other places about that Kerli fans write about Lady Gaga, I doubt Kerli would approve of all the hate. Someone even suggested Kerli should punch her in the face, that's just really terrible.

Also I would just like to say Lady Gaga would probably never buy a song from Kerli (I see this brought up a lot) because she writes her own music she wrote a lot of songs for other artists before she got discovered. I know some of them are pretty generic but others are really personal and you can tell she wrote them like 'Speechless' which is about her father.

I know it sounds like I'm sticking up for Lady Gaga, I'm really not, I'm just sick of the comparisons and seeing the topic everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:44 pm

beautiful_inside09 wrote:ok then! Then let's all just let is gooooooo!!!! Lady Gaga  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin End of subject.

I agree. Time to talk about something else but since this topic is about Lady Gaga, who has heard her new songs 'You and I' and 'Living On The Radio'?

Their not really pop songs there more old rock songs that sound like ballads kinda like 'Speechless'. I guess is how you can describe them. I really like 'You and I' and 'Living On The Radio' isn't that bad. I kinda hope she goes this direction with the new album. Of course I still want her pop songs too just ones that are a little less trashy even thou 'Discostick' is a fun song.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:35 pm

that's true! I think it all wen't out of hand too...I guess it seemed like we all hating and moonchildren are not suppose to.

To be honest,Mybe i just felt jelouse that lady gaga is so popular and i wish that kerli was...Sorry for whatever isaid..Did't mean it out of hate.

When i was a teen my favorited singer was britney spear's and then when xtina came out the same kind of fighting happned too.

I don't really like the new way pop music style is going...The image seems more dirty.

anways wish her good luck....Some songs of her's are ok...The songs stay stuck in ur head.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Sorry to have been so rude but I was sick of the repetitive comments about Gaga copying Kerli =/

darksideofthesun wrote:
beautiful_inside09 wrote:ok then! Then let's all just let is gooooooo!!!! Lady Gaga  - Page 2 Icon_biggrin End of subject.

I agree. Time to talk about something else but since this topic is about Lady Gaga, who has heard her new songs 'You and I' and 'Living On The Radio'?

Their not really pop songs there more old rock songs that sound like ballads kinda like 'Speechless'. I guess is how you can describe them. I really like 'You and I' and 'Living On The Radio' isn't that bad. I kinda hope she goes this direction with the new album. Of course I still want her pop songs too just ones that are a little less trashy even thou 'Discostick' is a fun song.

You and I doesn't really do anything for me and I haven't heard Living on The Radio.

Speechless is pure gold though. Just sayin' Razz

(Oh, Disco Stick = Love Game Razz)
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Ok! subject drouped.Sorry for what i said..Sorry if i came off rude.I did't mean to come off the way i did.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:05 pm

I'm sorry if my first comment on this page was rough I was just annoyed.

ladyxcabaret:
I just like how personal You and I is, I'm kinda surprised she shared it with us. Speechless is definitely one of her best songs in my opinion. She really can make good ballads.

I always call Love Game, Discostick Very Happy I kinda forgot that, that was it's real name Razz . I think it's cause the discostick part of the song is what sticks out in my head the most Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:19 am

Speechless is amazing. Obviously heartfelt and the arrangement was done perfectly. Most of Gaga's song I like, but I grow tired of quickly. But Speechless and Dancing in the Dark really stayed with me.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:20 am

Speechless is just....love.

I've always wanted this shirt:

Lady Gaga  - Page 2 BGCTLG35

and just makin' sure, there are bunch of people who actually think that's the songs name xD lulz
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:22 am

that's a nice saying in a away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:28 am

Couldn't you make that shirt yourself? xD Just stain a shirt and then write on it? Of if you wanna be a bit more professional, make an image in photoshop and then print it on a shirt using customizedgirl.com?
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:30 am

Lulz, I guess I could (I've never been a do-it-yourself kind of gal. I'm too lazy xD lmao)

I'm majoring in Graphic Design, so maybe I could do it in class (:
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:15 am

lyndseyjoy wrote:Personally, I really enjoy lady gaga's music. however, I've always thought that she was inspired by kerli. I've been a fan of Kerli for years, and when I first heard of lady gaga, I've always thought that's who she got her inspiration from. along with a little bit of Gwen Steffani, and Madonna. Razz

Haa..yeah..i don#t wanna accuse her of faking,but sometimes i've gotta feeling she really fakes Kerli in any way,but oki^^

btw..you're picture is so beautiful <:
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:34 am

ladyxcabaret wrote:Speechless is just....love.

I've always wanted this shirt:

Lady Gaga  - Page 2 BGCTLG35

and just makin' sure, there are bunch of people who actually think that's the songs name xD lulz

Oh God,this shirt is amazing Smile
Though i'm no Gagafan,but this is so Not-gaga..just truly emotional..hihihi..the shirt rocks :>
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:01 pm

Wow I never knew other people call LoveGame 'Discostick' maybe that's where I got it from and never noticed. I do like that's its called LoveGame and not 'Discostick'.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:27 pm

^Yeah, it's mostly people who don't bother to learn anything about her and assume. lulz
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:26 pm

^ I should probably stop calling it Discostick then. Oh well it's not that big of a deal.

Have you checked out 'Living On The Radio' yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Not yet, I've been listening to The Birthday Massacre's new album all day, lulz *skips over to YouTube*
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveisalwaysthere! Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:06 pm

i dont mind her at all i actually like her its the part of people sitting there and saying kerli and gag are the same because there hair is the same -.o its very annoying!
Loveisalwaysthere!
Loveisalwaysthere!

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Don't get me wrong, I like her music, but this is too much!!! for gods sake....

Lady Gaga  - Page 2 Lady-gaga-meat-dress
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:12 pm

I liked the statement she was trying to make with it.

"If we don't stand up for what we believe in, if we don't fight for our rights, pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our bones"

I'm fine with it if it's fake meat but if it's real yeah that's a little to much for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:37 pm

iam sure it was fake meat....ya even if it does seem odd..she does have a point.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:31 pm

It looks fake to me, but who knows....

Did anyone see her speech today for the repeal of DADT?

http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=11685268&affil=blog
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:03 am

Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content