Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popdust: Is there a next Lady Gaga?

5 posters

Go down

Popdust: Is there a next Lady Gaga? Empty Popdust: Is there a next Lady Gaga?

Post by Natt Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:32 pm

Popdust: Is there a next Lady Gaga? Kerli_gaga-589x394
#5 Kerli

Backing: None other than L.A. Reid (who signed then dropped Lady Gaga); Kerli Kõiv’s been on Island Def Jam for years and is huge in native Estonia. Frequent songwriting partner Toby Gad put her in the public eye recently with Demi Lovato’s “Skyscraper,” which she cowrote and which is a pop-cultural step up, at least, from Nightwish’s Tarja Turunen.

Gaganess: There’s no way Kerli doesn’t spend comparable time and cash on her costumes as Gaga, although her style owes just as much to Lolita fashion via Alice in Wonderland. She calls it “bubble(gum) goth.” She’s also spoken out in favor of LGBT rights, and her dance-pop sounds sorta similar. Kerli has acknowledged the debt, though.

Chances of Success: This category’s kind of weird for Kerli, whose success predates Gaga’s. Her gothy leanings make her probably more likely to resonate with the Tokio Hotel set than the Little Monsters, but who knows how her marketing might go?

http://popdust.com/list/next-lady-gaga-kerli-porcelain-black-natalia-kills-christina-aguilera/kerli/
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Popdust: Is there a next Lady Gaga? Empty Re: Popdust: Is there a next Lady Gaga?

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:45 pm

Shocked Shocked

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Popdust: Is there a next Lady Gaga? Empty Re: Popdust: Is there a next Lady Gaga?

Post by javieljones Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Well it was nice to see that they took the time to mention that Kerli and her style were around before Gaga to avoid the 'SHE'S COPYING HER' comments.
javieljones
javieljones

http://www.myspace.com/javieljones

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:01 pm

javieljones wrote:Well it was nice to see that they took the time to mention that Kerli and her style were around before Gaga to avoid the 'SHE'S COPYING HER' comments.
true Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:19 pm

As I was reading this I was going off in my head and I was like, "Oh they better not take this where I think they're taking this cos if they do I'ma have some issues blah blah blah rant rant rant." and then I finished it and I was like, "Good they didn't say Kerli was copying Gaga cos Kerli came out first. Carry on, Popdust."

Razz

But yeah, Kerli is way different then Gaga.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by AennilLinnEa Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:05 am

I hate that whenever there is a uniqe or creative or diffrent artist around they will always be compared to gaga. (don't take me wrong , i love gaga)
But there has always been artists and people that swim against the waves you know. And when gaga became popular it's like the ''doors'' between the ''artistic people'' and the ''normal people'' opened and the ''normal people'' can't see the diffrences between the ''artistic people''.
I mean come on! A freaking haircolour, dress or whatever the hell it is doesn't matter.
Nobody owns the blue or blonde hair.
I can't really get why people take so much time of their lives to hate and compare everything and everyone.

If you get copied, then just don't freaking care. There will always be a risk and it sucks but I don't think the hate is nessecary..

AennilLinnEa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down