Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A polite and open question about Abortion.

+2
mimi
TheGingaNinja
6 posters

Go down

For or Against?

A polite and open question about Abortion. Vote_lcap60%A polite and open question about Abortion. Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]
A polite and open question about Abortion. Vote_lcap10%A polite and open question about Abortion. Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
A polite and open question about Abortion. Vote_lcap0%A polite and open question about Abortion. Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
A polite and open question about Abortion. Vote_lcap20%A polite and open question about Abortion. Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
A polite and open question about Abortion. Vote_lcap10%A polite and open question about Abortion. Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

A polite and open question about Abortion. Empty A polite and open question about Abortion.

Post by TheGingaNinja Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:59 am

What is your view on Abortion?
This is a community based in love, so I hope everything stays polite and if anything looks more like a debate or discussion than heated argument. I didn't see any post i thought might be close to this (even using the search function), so here it is.
I can see two sides of this, both of which make sense, when it comes to this topic.
I will briefly describe my prediction of what these two sides will likely be
A: Against. Reason: Every human life is precious and should be loved and given the chance to love.
B: For. Reason: A child who is not loved from the start won't be given as good of a chance, and that's not fair to the child.

For A, counterarguments I see are children with severe malformations or mutations which would cause them to suffer would be better off if they could be aborted(mental disabilities not included, as usually those children are full of nothing but love).
For B, counterarguments I see are that the child could easily be transplanted if caught early or given up for adoption rather than killed, which if planned properly does allow the child to be loved and wanted from the start.

I am curious as to anyone else's opinions, and I would like to state I am against it. Anyone else?
A note: Let's leave what is legal out, and just state your own opinions. If your only reason for or against it because of the laws of your country/state/whatever, then maybe you should think about it a little more and decide what feels right to you.
TheGingaNinja
TheGingaNinja

Back to top Go down

A polite and open question about Abortion. Empty Re: A polite and open question about Abortion.

Post by mimi Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:17 pm

It's definitely a hard one but I know for sure I would never bring someone into this world if I couldn't take care of myself first. I'm living in Ireland at the moment and as a catholic country abortion is illegal so all the women have to travel abroad in shame to have it.. Is that really the right way to go about it?? Not sure.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

A polite and open question about Abortion. Empty Re: A polite and open question about Abortion.

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:41 pm

I have to say that I'M Against Abortion. I really think it's wrong.. It's not something I would or could do. I can understand women for getting it for some reason. I wouldn't judge anyone for getting one. It may be wright for someone and may be wrong for someone else.Wink 

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:00 pm

I think I'd have to say against, but with exceptions. I just think that circumstances like rape, incest, etc. should not force a woman into having a child.

My biggest problem though is that pro-life has come to mean "pro-birth" more than life. A lot of the women who are getting unwanted pregnancies aren't prepared and then don't get the health care that they need. Not only does that put the mother at risk, but the baby too. Plus, the adoption/foster system (at least in the U.S.) has a lot of issues. Foster kids often grow up with a lot of issues that foster parents don't want to deal with. Those kids sometimes get put into abusive situations or they are forced to grow up in a poor place that lacks a lot of resources. There are some statistics here: http://www.ccainstitute.org/why-we-do-it-/facts-and-statistics.html

Finally, I think that mothers who do give birth to an unwanted child need to have access to mental health care. Parents (even if they did plan on the baby) often struggle with postpartum depression and that's not going to make for a healthy environment for the child.

So basically, I believe that pro-life needs to really mean pro-life: better physical health, mental health, and conditions for children who are left for adoption. So I would like to be more "against with exceptions", but I guess until change starts to happen with those things I feel more pro-choice.

(Also again, I'm only talking about the U.S. I admit I don't know much about how it is in other countries.)
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by OwlWing Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:44 pm

I consider myself pro-choice.
One thing I've always wondered with all those who want abortion to be illegal is that, well, do they realize abortions will still happen if it were made illegal? Only it would be worse, because it wouldn't be done safely or in a sterile manner. At least if abortion's legal, it will be most often performed by a medical practitioner under the correct circumstances.
If someone doesn't agree with abortion, I'm much more often than not fine with that, as long as they aren't striving to make abortions illegal, because in reality it would be counterproductive. I am very aware that there are a very large amount of people who are pro-life but do not want abortion to be illegal- I'm only referring to pro-lifers who want abortion illegal. I do recognize that we are all entitled to our opinions and views.
OwlWing
OwlWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:49 pm

100% pro choice. No exceptions
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down