Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utopia

+52
OwlWing
lunachild
Siim
Alehkey
kailen
Superboy
Up♥Up♥Up
ferdzzz
Twink*
Liisu
KuuLaps
DarkMoon
blue pink skies
Dany535
moonchild_amarah
EetuJaKeijut
joseph325625
tiny10
Little Phoenix
Owl
maintube
kurokai
Midnight
zeeke starz
AennilLinnEa
KJ
stargirlstrike
CherryCherryMoon
alis18
cheerguy100
Sinn
Quincy
Forace
Hexe
Natt
Poetic
ShadowViolin
Tsukiko
Chertograd
Dionnnn
LadyMimic
Lilee
Krissy
mimi
phantom1701
TanyaMinxy
BrowniesBeffy
MoonChildEve
Street Halo
MrCaptivation
out of the hollow
Aduhm
56 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Utopia - Page 5 Empty Re: Utopia

Post by Street Halo Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:33 am

I'm completely in love with Utopia right now. The Lucky Ones is the worst but it has an important meaning.

Even the mess 'Supergirl' that I thought was the worst thing I'd heard in 2011 is amazing

I hope there's a lot of new material yet to come, and IF Island decides to shelve this album then they are making an insane mistake
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:26 am

I have not listen to so i can't really judge it.I've heard can't control the kids.It's okay song.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dionnnn Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:35 am

I really love Supergirl and Speed Limit, the rest are quite cheesy though. Maybe i'll like it after a few more plays.
Dionnnn
Dionnnn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 am

I've only listened to the snippets but from what I've heard I think the album sounds okay. Not something I'd usually buy, but I think it'll grow on me. The only song that I think I won't like is "Sugar". I really hope they do release the album, it's been getting a lot of good comments from people.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:55 am

How can you not like Sugar? It's the most experimental track on the album
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:02 am

Street Halo wrote:How can you not like Sugar? It's the most experimental track on the album

Well I'm only judging on a few seconds of the song of course. Maybe I'll love it when I hear it in full ^^
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:34 am

Sugar is one of my faves, it's pure sex which I think is why some people don't like it. But I think if promoted right it could do really well as a single. I really hope this isn't a final track list because I still really want Dollface and Bubblegum. Tbh I think ZG is the weakest song on it, the beginning just sounds unmastered
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:38 am

Yeah,I didn't think ZG be added to the album.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:40 am

I wonder what I was Made for Loving You will sound like
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 am

I was disappointed that "When You Cry" and "Dollface" weren't there. I was happy they included "Speed Limit" though. I was afraid that song might be considered too old.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:52 am

What we have might not be the real album. There may be many more songs and the tracklisting might be completely false. As far as I've seen, Kerli nor Island seems to be very bothered by this ''leak'' . Kerli hasn't even written some overly dramatic status on Facebook about it
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:55 am

Street Halo wrote:What we have might not be the real album. There may be many more songs and the tracklisting might be completely false. As far as I've seen, Kerli nor Island seems to be very bothered by this ''leak'' . Kerli hasn't even written some overly dramatic status on Facebook about it

You make a good point.Maybe it's not.Ya i noticed she hasn't said anything either

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:58 am

At this moment I think it's pretty cool the songs leaked. Island might actually realise Kerli does have a fanbase and they can't just keep holding her under the blanket.

We're already getting a new single premiere tomorrow as I recall?
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:45 am

Quincy wrote:Sugar is one of my faves, it's pure sex which I think is why some people don't like it. But I think if promoted right it could do really well as a single. I really hope this isn't a final track list because I still really want Dollface and Bubblegum. Tbh I think ZG is the weakest song on it, the beginning just sounds unmastered

Kerli did say she had something for her older fans...haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:02 am

I think maybe i'll break down and listen to the album and see what is like.But ya it seems kind of werid that Kerli or her label has not said anything about this leak.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dany535 Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:12 am

where is when you cry, dollface and bubblegum if those 3 replaced last breath, here and now and love me or leave me it would be the perfect album. I hope they leak or they include them later to the official release or something. Poor kerli well... that happens when you push the album for 4 years!!! Smile
Dany535
Dany535

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 am

moonchild_amarah wrote:Tanya,I'm not too fond of it either /:
I think it's awesome to celebrate life,thus I think you can really drown in "Here and Now" e.g.,buuuut in general it's juuust... like all those songs about loving someone,which of course is wonderful,that she's loving...but I would have wanted some more spiritual songs,songs which lift you up or simply encourage u to keep on living,such as "The Creationist"...
It's not my cup of tea at all...but I must say I didn't expect it any other way..
And I don't get "Sugar"..it sounds really...mmh ya.. you know..

Well,whatever,it's good to celebrate life though Smile

I agree with you, but not only that, the meaning. I was thinking about sound, music. It sounds cheap, like student project. I dont know, I just dont like it. Sorry guys, this is just my opinion. You all now how much I like all her previous work.
Also those leaks we got recently, before this album - I like all those songs more than any song from the album. If she published an album with those songs, it would be huge success.
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:34 am

TanyaMinxy wrote:
moonchild_amarah wrote:Tanya,I'm not too fond of it either /:
I think it's awesome to celebrate life,thus I think you can really drown in "Here and Now" e.g.,buuuut in general it's juuust... like all those songs about loving someone,which of course is wonderful,that she's loving...but I would have wanted some more spiritual songs,songs which lift you up or simply encourage u to keep on living,such as "The Creationist"...
It's not my cup of tea at all...but I must say I didn't expect it any other way..
And I don't get "Sugar"..it sounds really...mmh ya.. you know..

Well,whatever,it's good to celebrate life though Smile

I agree with you, but not only that, the meaning. I was thinking about sound, music. It sounds cheap, like student project. I dont know, I just dont like it. Sorry guys, this is just my opinion. You all now how much I like all her previous work.
Also those leaks we got recently, before this album - I like all those songs more than any song from the album. If she published an album with those songs, it would be huge success.

No need to say sorry!!! Very Happy Maybe her thrid CD you will enjoy better!! Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm

hi, we don;'t know what will be put on the album... they can to change everything... and don't forget that here and now, chemical will be on the EP...
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCaptivation Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:42 pm

To me, the end of "Speed Limit" when they changed the beat ruined the song for me. It didn't fit.
ZG doesn't really fit in the album. "Chemical" is a piano track, and the live performance of it had a dance part, soooooo I hope they release the dance version too. It's a BEAUTIFUL song.
"Love Me or Leave Me" has good lyrics, I just hate the way she's singing in it. She sounds kinda' whiny.
I LOVE "Last Breath", "Kaleidoscope", and "Supergirl."
I think "Sugar" is a little risque, but I think it's more towards what her old album sounded like, just more "ooh-la-la" if you know what I mean.
"Here and Now" is OKAY. Nothing too special.
"Can't Control the Kids" is FRIKKIN' INTENSE! I love it!
And "The Lucky Ones" is a good song to me; it's grown on me. Smile

Overall, I love the album as a whole; just a few tweaks I would make. And I'm HELLA disappointed that "When You Cry", "Dollface", and "Bubblegum" aren't there. I'm curious about "I Was Made for Loving You."

I've thought about it some, and I wonder if this is a fake leak.. No one seems phased by it. Maybe there's more to come?
MrCaptivation
MrCaptivation

Back to top Go down

Post by blue pink skies Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:47 pm

I guess it's a strong dance club kinda album, but sadly not anything special or memorable. Where are the ambient tracks she promised? I hope there will be.

I was surprised that Can't control the kids is like one of the best and most popular, when most of us didn't like it initially and Supergirl which most liked and looked forward to isn't that good. Sugar and Love me or leave me shouldn't get on the album.

Some parts of the songs seem really familiar and I think one reminded me of something Kesha..

On youtube videos are being removed, so they are aware. Kerli has been working hard and you don't know how she feels about this so don't say she isn't bothered, some post or comment may well come about this.

There are things that should definetly be changed about the songs so I hope this doesn't mean it will be rushed. Because The lucky ones wasn't that good.

blue pink skies

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:59 pm

yeah... this is sad but some persons pleased her on facebook that she leaked dollface :/
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Here's my review of Utopia.
I love this album so much, i know it's definitely much different from LID, i think it has moved in a postive direction.
The Lucky Ones- At first i was disappointed with the song, it was too dancey, but after listening to it for a month or 2 it grew on me. And the video was so sick! It made me love the song even more.
Can't Control The Kids- I love this song so much. It's so perfect and great to dance too, i really just love the vibe of the song.
Sugar- I know some are upset with it, but i love it. I know it's sounds a little risque (i'm pretty sure it's taking about sex, and i'm pretty sure Chemical is too) i love the music and the combination of the different voices adds to it's coolness
Kaleidoscope- It's awesome, Kerli's voice is so pretty and the electronic beats fit well. I love the eastern influence in the background in some parts.
Love Me Or Leave Me- I think this song is kind of weak, but i still love it, it's grown on me. It sounds a lot like an old demo (To Loves Means To Let Go). But it's really pretty and gives the album a differwnt dance, apart from all the dance.
Zero Gravity- Perfect, it fits better with the album than i expected (where i don't think TLO does, but it's the main single so it has to be)
Speed Limit- it kills! this version is so much better than my opinion, it's sound finished. I love the added bass drops and dubstepish parts, but i agree that the change in the very last verse is off putting. Overall it's fantastic.
I Was Made For Loving You- I WANT IT
Last Breath- Great Song, the the chorus is so catchy, and the dubstep after the bridge makes the whole song!
Supergirl- so amazing. i loved the song live, and the studio is great, i think it could've been maybe a tad bit better though, but i love it. Great beat and meaning as well.
Chemical- to me, i interpreted this song to be about love (and maybe sex, but like beautiful sex). It's really pretty, but i love the ID dance version more, i hope we get that one too, because then, Chemical would be my favorite song in the universe.
Here and Now- SO GOOD. her voice in the verses is so pretty and sweet, and i love the beat, better than i expected.
I think overall the album shows that just because an album is dance doesn't mean it's meaningless. it's perfect
Aduhm
Aduhm

Location : In a Black, Black World, there was a Black, Black Town.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:15 pm

Yeah,I guess we don't really know.This could be the real leak of the album or it couldn't be.I do hope this album will be realsed and ppl will still buy it.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Well,I guess it's the real album and even if it isn't,then lots of the leaked songs will be on it though..
I will buy it,for sure,even though it's really not my kinda music,but ya..
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Am I the only one who hasn't listened to the whole album yet? I was going to wait until she officially released it but it's looking like I'm the only one who hasn't checked it out right now yet...
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 pm

stargirlstrike wrote:Am I the only one who hasn't listened to the whole album yet? I was going to wait until she officially released it but it's looking like I'm the only one who hasn't checked it out right now yet...

I haven't heard it all yet.just can't control the kids and speed limit.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Island hasnt even taken down the download links -_- (I'm sending them to my friends to make them Kerli fans) I really think this leak is suspicious
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMoon Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm sad it got leaked but more sad that island ruin the album. I heard it but I'm still gonna buy the album. In my opinion the songs are good I love kaleidiscope,chemical and sugar( :3).
DarkMoon
DarkMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Street Halo wrote:Island hasnt even taken down the download links -_- (I'm sending them to my friends to make them Kerli fans) I really think this leak is suspicious

Really? The link I found was already taken down. I guess it must just be spreading fast.
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 am

stargirlstrike wrote:Am I the only one who hasn't listened to the whole album yet? I was going to wait until she officially released it but it's looking like I'm the only one who hasn't checked it out right now yet...

I haven't listened to it either. I've only heard the studio version of Can't Control The Kids and the demo version of Speed Limit that leaked about a year ago or something like that.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCaptivation Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:34 am

It's kinda' weird that her accent is almost gone throughout this album.
MrCaptivation
MrCaptivation

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:50 am

phantom1701
phantom1701

http://www.nightwish-croatia.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:45 am

Kaleidoscope lyrics are heavenly. The whole song is heavenly
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:43 am

I'Am told the missing song was this! I was made for loving you Is that right? Cuz that link doesn't show any lyrics? or is Zero gravity on the album? Is this even the real full album?

I'am buying it when it comes out anways.Gotta support her!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Forace Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:54 am

I haven't heard ANY of the leaked songs. I have the demos-RAR, but I haven't even unpacked it. I want to wait for the official release. Or if Kerli says the leak was intentional, then I might give it a listen.
Forace
Forace

http://forace.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowViolin Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 am

I also haven't heard the songs yet. I also want to wait for the official release and i can't believe how many already downloaded it...
ShadowViolin
ShadowViolin

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 am

I haven't heard any of the leaks either.Just speed limit and can't control the kids.That person shouldn't have posted the link to the album on FB.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:45 pm

zeeke starz wrote:
Poetic wrote:
phantom1701 wrote:
MrCaptivation wrote:I'm not gonna' lie, I love the album so much. But I'm still gonna' buy it if they release it, for 2 reasons:
A. I like having the physical copy of albums (and the OFFICIAL thing instead of Internet downloads). And
B. I want to support Kerli.

MrCaptivation wrote:To me, the end of "Speed Limit" when they changed the beat ruined the song for me. It didn't fit.

RIGHT? I HATE that her super strong vocal finish there is drowned out by the beats. Suspect UGH. But the lyric change ("I'm sick of all my cds and the radio's not playing Kerli, don't know where we'll end up but this journey gets me down" to "I'm sick of all my cds but the radio's playing Kerli, I know where I'll end up I won't let this get me down") was pretty ****ing awesome... Wink

My one complaint about it (the album, not Speed Limit) overall is that I wish her vocals were less processed. I wish they weren't layered. I wish the beats and other parts of the background didn't drown her out. Her voice is amazing and she can do beautiful things with it, but the only song where I really felt like she was experimenting vocally and the showcase was really on her voice was Sugar, but I (and we!) know she can do more than just sound sexy (although this was something new to hear her do and she did it so well, that even though I don't want to like this song... haha.. I do!)

And there's some sadness and vulnerability that I feel is missing from Supergirl that her live performances really showed so beautifully, although I still love it - and the strength in her delivery that's there instead. But I think the Cambio live version with the toned down background music that changed at the beginning and end of the song was better, personally.

My favorite song is Here and Now. Although I think part of that is because every time I hear it I think of her playing it at ID and how beautiful a moment that was, so I'm a little biased Very Happy

Anyway... I'm hoping this was an intentional leak as well. Shame on IDJ for being so dumb. This is not only a great album but a best-seller.

Also, what's up with this piano only version of Chemical? The live version is SO SO SO much better with that epic finish. This one left me saying... wait... did it just end. Why did it end. silent (again though, biased Razz)
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCaptivation Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:11 pm

YES! I don't know what's up with that dang piano version! I was waiting for the epic transition!
MrCaptivation
MrCaptivation

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:40 am

Im fine with the piano version of Chemical. There's more than enough cheap dubstep tracks on the album
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:05 am

I missed something?! Is Kerli's album out??
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:05 am

Midnight wrote:I missed something?! Is Kerli's album out??

her album leaked but will be released in summer... in March EP
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:26 am

I agree Street Halo,i like it much better that way..the piano version,I mean
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:27 am

Piano Chemical is one of my favorite songs on this album.
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:04 am

So the album is pushed back to summer! I guess least we get the some new music before then/

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:46 am

Street Halo wrote:Im fine with the piano version of Chemical. There's more than enough cheap dubstep tracks on the album
Amen to that.
Chemical is my fav track and I think this is one of two songs for people who prefer 'old Kerlis' music.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by MrCaptivation Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:05 am

She doesn't have dubstep on her album. It's called dance-rave music. NOT dubstep.
MrCaptivation
MrCaptivation

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:07 am

Thank god. I was afraid that there was dubstep and was a little worried. There's a huge difference between rave/techno and dubstep.
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:27 am

End of speed limit is dubstep. So she does have it, not the whole song, but there are dubstep parts, not just in speed limit.
Maybe it's better to say that her album is almost completely electro, but for some people it's same as dubstep. And I don't mean to offend anyone. Smile We are just different.
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next