Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerli, Hit Songwriter For Demi Lovato, Brings Talents To Warner/Chappell Music

+7
Quincy
Lilee
Krissy
Twink*
stargirlstrike
LadyMimic
Natt
11 posters

Go down

Kerli, Hit Songwriter For Demi Lovato, Brings Talents To Warner/Chappell Music Empty Kerli, Hit Songwriter For Demi Lovato, Brings Talents To Warner/Chappell Music

Post by Natt Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:37 am

Island Def Jam Recording Artist & Award-Winning Songwriter Signs Worldwide Co-Publishing Agreement with Award-Winning Music Publisher

Warner/Chappell Music, the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group Corp., today announced that it has signed a worldwide co-publishing agreement with chart-topping songwriter and Los Angeles-based recording artist, Kerli Kõiv. Kerli co-wrote Demi Lovato’s smash hit “Skyscraper,” which received an MTV Video Music Award for “Best Video with a Message” and reached the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. Kerli has received five Estonian Music Awards, two of which for “Army of Love” (which spent 11 weeks on Billboard’s Hot Dance Club Songs chart, peaking at No. 1) and “Zero Gravity” (which received the award for “Music Video of the Year” and went to the top 5 on the Hot Dance Club Songs chart).

“Kerli is a flourishing talent, a versatile performer and an influential songwriter, whose musical abilities are making her a valued, long-term collaborator to a wide array of hit makers. She’s found the perfect home in Warner/Chappell and we look forward to helping take her career to new heights,” said Greg Sowders, Senior Vice President, A&R, Warner/Chappell Music.

“The caliber of songwriting in Warner/Chappell’s catalog is astounding, and to be joining so many legendary names and modern stars is a real honor,” said Kerli. “I’ve been very impressed with what the Warner/Chappell team has achieved and it’s going to be great working with them.”

A longtime favorite of music supervisors, Kerli offerings such as her song “Immortal,” which is featured on the soundtrack for the new Tim Burton film Frankenweenie, continue to generate interest among fans worldwide. In September of 2012, Kerli participated in ASCAP’s long-running and prestigious Château Marouatte songwriting camp, where top songwriters came together in the Dordogne Region of France for a week-long retreat.

Earlier this week, Kerli released a new collaborative single with Australian electronic music producer tyDi called “Glow in the Dark,” and her hotly anticipated full-length album will be released on Island Def Jam in Spring 2013.

Further exemplifying Warner/Chappell’s strength in the pop and urban music arenas, the publisher and its songwriters, such as Katy Perry, have recently been recognized with some of the industry’s most prestigious awards, including tying for the title of ASCAP’s 2012 Pop Music Publisher of the Year and picking up 19 “Most Performed Song of the Year” awards as well as “Song of the Year” for “Just the Way You Are,” written by Bruno Mars and Khalil "Cassius D. Kalb" Walton.

About Warner/Chappell Music

Warner/Chappell Music is WMG's award-winning global music publishing company. The Warner/Chappell Music catalog includes standards such as "Happy Birthday To You," "Rhapsody in Blue," "Winter Wonderland," the songs of Cole Porter and George and Ira Gershwin, as well as the music of Eric Clapton, Green Day, Katy Perry, Led Zeppelin, Lil Wayne, Madonna, Nickelback, Paramore, Red Hot Chili Peppers, T.I., Timbaland, fun. and others. Warner/Chappell Music is a leader in creating innovative strategies for marketing and promoting its songwriters and their music. The company's extensive catalog makes it a natural first stop for A&R executives and record producers, feature film and television production companies, advertising agencies and brands, video game and new media companies, and others looking to record or license some of the world's greatest music.

Source: Warner/Chappell Music
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Kerli, Hit Songwriter For Demi Lovato, Brings Talents To Warner/Chappell Music Empty Re: Kerli, Hit Songwriter For Demi Lovato, Brings Talents To Warner/Chappell Music

Post by LadyMimic Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 pm

That's amazing, she deserves it so much! Congratulations Kerli Smile
LadyMimic
LadyMimic

Back to top Go down

Kerli, Hit Songwriter For Demi Lovato, Brings Talents To Warner/Chappell Music Empty Re: Kerli, Hit Songwriter For Demi Lovato, Brings Talents To Warner/Chappell Music

Post by stargirlstrike Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Congrats to her! Though also I noticed... spring 2013 now? -_-
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMimic Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:17 pm

stargirlstrike wrote:Congrats to her! Though also I noticed... spring 2013 now? -_-

I really hope that was just a mistake they made and it still being released in January. Though the lucky ones got delayed a month so it could very well be that the album is delayed too Sad
LadyMimic
LadyMimic

Back to top Go down

Post by Twink* Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:27 pm

" her hotly anticipated full-length album will be released on Island Def Jam in Spring 2013."

I'm no longer listening to all the dates. If great music comes out, I'll love it. If more dance-tracks come out and gossip is going round, I'm shutting my ears. I loved Kerli's first album, I loved a LOT of her demo's, but I don't LOVE all these hyper dance tracks. To me those kind of tracks don't have the same amount of thought, love, feeling and developing time in them, but that's just my opinion.

Spring 2013... please. As if anyone will remember a five-year-old album (2008) by then. I guess she's taking a WHOLE new direction.
Twink*
Twink*

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Twink* wrote:" her hotly anticipated full-length album will be released on Island Def Jam in Spring 2013."

I'm no longer listening to all the dates. If great music comes out, I'll love it. If more dance-tracks come out and gossip is going round, I'm shutting my ears. I loved Kerli's first album, I loved a LOT of her demo's, but I don't LOVE all these hyper dance tracks. To me those kind of tracks don't have the same amount of thought, love, feeling and developing time in them, but that's just my opinion.

Spring 2013... please. As if anyone will remember a five-year-old album (2008) by then. I guess she's taking a WHOLE new direction.

I feel the same has you do. I really it was a misprint.I was really looking forward to new album in jan.

BTW.I'am happy for kerli.This is great news

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:47 pm

That's great! I hope Kerli will start getting the attention she deserves. Hopefully this agreement will push her album forward.

Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Not that this isn't great for Kerli but I really don't see how this is going to change much. I mean I've never been like "hey I heard about this through WArner/Chappell" or "hey this artist is writing for Warner so ill check them out". Maybe I'm missing something but I really don't see how Kerli switching publishing companies is going to change much other than who gets the songs she writes

Generally speaking the publishing group isn't someone in the music industry I give any thought to. And I've never really seen much promotion coming from a publishing company.
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:07 pm

i'm so proud of her
phantom1701
phantom1701

http://www.nightwish-croatia.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:12 pm

oh!.Thought it would help her

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:13 pm

FINALLY some recognition for all the talent she has. I hope this helps her out so people will know who she is and her label will actually put out her music instead of ignoring everything she does.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Omg! I love Warner so im really happy for this. I think this is a good step for her towards more control over her music. Though spring 2013...really? REALLY?
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowViolin Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:52 am

AMAZING!

btw they say ZG was a Top5 hit on BB Dance Charts, but it wasn't ^^
ShadowViolin
ShadowViolin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down