Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the last book you've read?

+56
maintube
AnGil
KayKay_KS
PinkBarrierLou
Aduhm
stargirlstrike
ChiyoLuxuria
eMAYPsIlOnEeR
PoeticAbomination(:
TanyaMinxy
KuuLaps
jayson526
mile86
moonchild_amarah
ndahl21
lunachild
DarkShamaness
MaryCourage
love-wasp
Yuki Phantomhive
cindragale
alis18
MoonChildEve
Riley
Winter
ChicaLuna
Quincy
Creationist
PhoenixLlewellyn
Hexe
Midnight
javieljones
Sunnech
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Liisu
ghost_flower
BrowniesBeffy
Lilee
Natt
EetuJaKeijut
GeoffKoiv
the-sentimentalist
WrittenInLove
out of the hollow
butterflycryx3
leafxx
TheLastSongbird
kurokai
Little Phoenix
guinella
Krissy
Claudia
loonylovegood
Gretta
pixiedust19
mimi
60 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

What's the last book you've read? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's the last book you've read?

Post by kailen Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:23 am

The giant pancake ladybird book I like a tough read lol
kailen
kailen

Back to top Go down

What's the last book you've read? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's the last book you've read?

Post by Lilee Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:07 pm

"Dragonwyck" by Anya Seton- Sooooo good! It sounds like fantasy novel but it's actually historical fiction. Really recommend it if you like books with an eerie feel like "Wuthering Heights" or "Jane Eyre".

I also can't wait to read "China Dolls" by Lisa See and "The Kings Curse" by Philippa Gregory.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:10 am

I find theses books cool to learn how life was for American's back then. But the writing style for theses were clearly written for kids. I know iam too old to read the, LOL

"LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE"

"LITTLE HOUSE IN THE BIG WOODS"

Last edited by Krissy on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:04 am

I've just finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire for I don't even know which time. I need to grow up. xD
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:30 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on the planet that still hasn't read a Harry Potter book.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:13 pm

I never read harry potter either. Or them other books either

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:32 pm

Lilee wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on the planet that still hasn't read a Harry Potter book.
you're wrong Razz
phantom1701
phantom1701

http://www.nightwish-croatia.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:22 am

Oh guys...You make me sad

Very Happy hahah kidding, my best friend hasn't read it either. I grew up with those books so... <3
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:15 am

I'll most likely never read them. lol

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:16 am

phantom1701 wrote:
Lilee wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on the planet that still hasn't read a Harry Potter book.
you're wrong Razz

Lol okay, I'm 1 of 5 people on the planet that hasn't read it xD
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:10 am

LOL...My friend is crazy over the books. I don't really understand the appeal over them. But leasts the books got kids/teens reading. So that's a good thing Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Street Halo Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:50 am

I have never read Harry Potter either. The plot does not interest me at all. Also I can't find a reason to spend time on it as I've seen the movies too many times lol. I'm about to start with the third book of ASOIAF (once I get done with mandatory school reading, which is in a very dire situation right now, lol)
Street Halo
Street Halo

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:05 am

I seen part of Harry Potter movie one time when babysitting. Thought it was so Boooooooooooooooring. lol

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:40 pm

I didn't realize there were so many people who haven't read or don't like Harry Potter. I read the whole series when I was a kid and I remember being so excited for the 7th book to come out haha
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:03 pm

Cool!!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:54 pm

stargirlstrike wrote:I didn't realize there were so many people who haven't read or don't like Harry Potter. I read the whole series when I was a kid and I remember being so excited for the 7th book to come out haha

tell me about it... xD I bought english version of the 7th book because I couldn't wait for it to be translated into serbian & everything. xD hahah
Like I said, I grew up with Harry. Smile

Has anyone read that 50shades of gray series? I have the first book, it was a birthday present, but I've never read it.

Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:47 pm

No. It kind of looks good tho.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Were there any differences between the English and Serbian translation? I wish I could read books in different languages.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:41 pm

hm well... not really... just translating a rhyme, that can be tricky, the have to change it a bit...
Oh and it's so funny when they translate wizards name, Barty Crouch is Barti Chuchanj xD Chuchanj means crouch literally. xD
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:51 am

Lol xD
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverSwirl Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:07 pm

I've been reading Marion Zimmer Bradley's Avalon series, but right now I'm reading Damned by Chuck Palahniuk (the guy who also wrote Fight Club!) and just found out this is also a trilogy, so I guess more reading for me then Very Happy

About 50 shades of grey... No one ever should read those. It's full of abuse and misinterpretation of BDSM lifestyle and whatnot, it just makes it seem ok for people to act like complete shitheads and well, it's almost worse than Twilight. And now they're making a movie to make sure more people will be influenced by that crap.
SilverSwirl
SilverSwirl

http://itsen-olemus.blogspot.fi/

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 Fri May 13, 2016 3:57 am

This should be an easy thread to bring back - we have almost two years to catch up on!

The last book I finished reading was The Immortal Crown by Richelle Mead - I'm still reading everything she brings out after reading her Vampire Academy series in high school, which aren't so great in retrospect (great for when I was a teenager, to be fair). But this Age of X series is really cool with it's mix of dystopia, crime and mythology.

I just looked at all of my previous posts in this thread and most of them are about how much I love Vampire Academy Embarassed And apparently I bought the first Age of X book back in 2013 but only read it this year? Oh dear, Caroline...
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Iridescent_Revival_<3

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6