Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the last book you've read?

+56
maintube
AnGil
KayKay_KS
PinkBarrierLou
Aduhm
stargirlstrike
ChiyoLuxuria
eMAYPsIlOnEeR
PoeticAbomination(:
TanyaMinxy
KuuLaps
jayson526
mile86
moonchild_amarah
ndahl21
lunachild
DarkShamaness
MaryCourage
love-wasp
Yuki Phantomhive
cindragale
alis18
MoonChildEve
Riley
Winter
ChicaLuna
Quincy
Creationist
PhoenixLlewellyn
Hexe
Midnight
javieljones
Sunnech
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Liisu
ghost_flower
BrowniesBeffy
Lilee
Natt
EetuJaKeijut
GeoffKoiv
the-sentimentalist
WrittenInLove
out of the hollow
butterflycryx3
leafxx
TheLastSongbird
kurokai
Little Phoenix
guinella
Krissy
Claudia
loonylovegood
Gretta
pixiedust19
mimi
60 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What's the last book you've read? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last book you've read?

Post by Lilee Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:46 am

-"Room" by Emma Donoghue- I didn't expect to enjoy this book, but I read it all in a day xD

-"Blue Asylum" by Kathy Hepinstall- Really enjoyed this as well. I'm glad I picked it up just because the cover was pretty Razz

-"Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay- I've been meaning to read this for a while. It's good so far but I'm not done yet ^^ I did see the movie, but so far they're a bit different.

-"1Q84" by Haruki Murakami- Just started reading, and I really like the writing style! Surprising, since it's translated from Japanese and I expected the translation to be flat.

-"These Things Hidden" by Heather Gudenkauf- Haven't started it yet, but I'm hoping it'll be good since I liked her first novel "The Weight of Silence"
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

What's the last book you've read? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last book you've read?

Post by Aduhm Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:43 am

has anyone read Anthem by Ayn Rand?
i really loved this book.

and what about The Hearing Tumpet?
Bjork posted something about it and it looked interesting.
Aduhm
Aduhm

Location : In a Black, Black World, there was a Black, Black Town.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:04 pm

I just read.Emily of New Moon 3 books by L.M. Montgomery

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Just finished the first book of Song of Ice and Fire aka A Game of Thrones.
One of the best books i ever have read, super exciting until the end and i love the big amount of people telling the story from different perspectives.
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:09 am

I'm reading friends forever by Danielle Steel Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Passion - Lauren Kate. amazingly goth Smile
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:30 pm

im rereading the house of night novels because their was a new one since i have been to the book store and im at the fifth one hunted right now ((four books in five days is not that bad am i right))
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:07 pm

i read those years ago! ^
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:13 am

Aduhm wrote:i read those years ago! ^
years....wait how arent they only like two years old...and since they are still making new ones you couldnt be finished....are you talking about the zoey redbird vampire series house of night
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:54 am

yes those, well like 2 years ago i read them, but only the first 2, i forgot about them and never read the rest aha
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:25 pm

Aduhm wrote:yes those, well like 2 years ago i read them, but only the first 2, i forgot about them and never read the rest aha
oh so you stopped at stevie rays death let me just say its gets sooo much better read them now or i shall cry.
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:53 pm

The Scarlet Letter
It's actually really good if you can get over the way its written and can understand it.
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Aduhm wrote:The Scarlet Letter
It's actually really good if you can get over the way its written and can understand it.

two things
1 really good book...
2 your ignored my post so im assuming your not going to so now im going to cry ^_^

oh and i didnt see anything wrong with its writing ((maybe its not the same one you read XD))
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:11 pm

oh sorry aha. I wolf finish the house of night, but i would have to reread the first 2 again, i kinda forgot what had happened and all the details and stuff aha.

and the scarlet letter: i mean it's just not in todays language i guess. that's what i meant, but yes i really like it!
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Aduhm wrote:oh sorry aha. I wolf finish the house of night, but i would have to reread the first 2 again, i kinda forgot what had happened and all the details and stuff aha.

and the scarlet letter: i mean it's just not in todays language i guess. that's what i meant, but yes i really like it!

oh i get you yeah it was kinda old but i like reading that way it makes it that much better in my mind..
and if you need help and dont want to reread them i can help i just finished them not to long ago so they are all fresh and new in my mind.
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:42 am

I liked the Scarlett Letter too. I love classics ^^
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:20 am

MIDNIGHT FEAST by Martina Evans

a little hard but good
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:40 am

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It was... whoa.

Lilee wrote:

I liked the Scarlett Letter too. I love classics ^^

Me too!
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 am

out of the hollow wrote:The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. It was... whoa.

I've read that. Whoa indeed. But most of her works are kind of... Like that.
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:04 am

I'M reading destiny by Louise Bagshanre..It's a okay book

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:16 pm

finished all my house of nights yesterday and now have nothing new to read so please loves help me find some books

im wanting something like fairys or something oh oh oh or steampunk i love steampunk
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Ooh yes, read a Steampunk book!
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by maintube Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm

"The Good, the Bad, and the Undead" by Kim Harrison.

Read John Ringo's "Queen of Wands" before that (24 hours to read it)
maintube
maintube

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm reading "The inn at rose harbor by Debbie macomber.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:43 am

i just started a series called
harry potter ^_^
no joke i never could read them because the names confused me...now that i know all the names i could try reading them.
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:15 am

I wanna read jane austen books.I found it hard to understand..Thinl one day i'll finally give it a try.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Krissy wrote:I wanna read jane austen books.I found it hard to understand..Thinl one day i'll finally give it a try.

I love Jane Austen ^^ Took me a while to get use to her writing style, but her books are actually quite funny and enjoyable.

I'm so excited because I finally found "Alice I Have Been" by Melanie Benjamin and "Girl With a Pearl Earring" by Tracy Chevalier at the library Very Happy I'm about halfway through "Alice I Have Been" and it started off slow but it's getting better. Only problem I have with it is that it makes Alice Liddell seem a bit annoying =/
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:53 pm

quote="Lilee"]
Krissy wrote:I wanna read jane austen books.I found it hard to understand..Thinl one day i'll finally give it a try.

I love Jane Austen ^^ Took me a while to get use to her writing style, but her books are actually quite funny and enjoyable.

That's good you read the books and enjoyed them Very Happy they look like very nice stories[

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:18 am

I've started reading "1Q84" now,seems really interesting so far..
aaand as we're reading a book in school each term,I'm also reading "The 5ppl u meet in heaven"..amazing so far!
have a beautiful day u all! Smile
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:20 pm

^ I read 1Q84 too. It was really good, but long~

I'm currently reading "Phantom of the Opera" and "The Help". And I just finished reading "The Kingmaker's Daughter" by Philippa Gregory. I loved it I love you
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:59 pm

^I really liked Phantom of the Opera. I saw the movie before reading the book or seeing it live or anything and liked the extra details that the book had.
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:40 pm

stargirlstrike wrote:^I really liked Phantom of the Opera. I saw the movie before reading the book or seeing it live or anything and liked the extra details that the book had.
movie =great
book=perfect
sarah brightman in the play= god like

she is a queen XD
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:30 am

jayson526 wrote:
stargirlstrike wrote:^I really liked Phantom of the Opera. I saw the movie before reading the book or seeing it live or anything and liked the extra details that the book had.
movie =great
book=perfect

she is a queen XD

I agree Very Happy I've seen so many different versions of POTO, I feel stupid for waiting so long to finally read the book (it's so good!)
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:12 am

yeah i felt bad when i first found out it was a book XD i loved the whole series then my dad asked why i didnt read the book XD
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am

jayson526 wrote:
movie =great
book=perfect

she is a queen XD

Exactly. Very Happy

I didn't know it was a book for a long time either because I never really heard anyone say that they had read it. Now we can tell everyone to read it!
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:25 pm

reading a book called firelight
about dragon people and how one girl is living in the human world

oh and i thought you would enjoy this phantom song
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:23 am

Cool! Smile
Ya,I also read "The Help" btw Smile
I liked it !!
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Lindsey Stirling is so awesome!

Also, I just finished reading Emilie Autumn's Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls and I really loved it.
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 am

Lauren Kate - Fallen I Love. Her Fallen series are just ADDICTING!
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:01 am

I just finished the book: Rowling "The casual vacancy" and I didn't like it. Hoped that it's something special and magical.
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:18 am

What's the last book you've read? - Page 5 302099_139482016230618_1664555300_n

Her books are very good.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:14 am

"Gone With the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell
Really didn't expect to like it but...I loved it. Maybe even slightly addicted. I also watched the movie and want a Scarlett O'Hara dress xD
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 am

'Shadow Heir' by Richelle Mead. My bookshelf is full of her books, including the Vampire Academy series, Bloodlines series, Succubus series, Dark Swan series and the first book of the Age of X series (which I admit I STILL need to get around to). I'm generally quite bad at reading - especially with classics - because I'm really slow at reading and impatient if storylines drag on too much (yeah, not the best mix). But I do really enjoy it!
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Iridescent_Revival_<3

http://thefaetoldmetodoit.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:56 am

I have been so so so bad and haven't read a single book in the summer Sad ive read some playscipts that are still literature... but i feel so ashamed for not finishing a book.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:03 am

I'm reading the first book from the Game Of Thrones-Series.
Even if I'm a fast reader - that takes time...haha.
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:08 am

Midnight wrote:I'm reading the first book from the Game Of Thrones-Series.
I also have this series on my shelf and I haven't even started!!!! How is it so far?
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 am

Iridescent_Revival_<3 wrote:
Midnight wrote:I'm reading the first book from the Game Of Thrones-Series.
I also have this series on my shelf and I haven't even started!!!! How is it so far?
It's okay. But it's a book where I can't read more than one chapter at once. That's good because there isn't the danger to read the whole night trough and be tired in the morning... but it speaks for itself aswell. Razz 
What I can say: It's full of lies and intrigues. And it's kind of brutal sometimes... The style and story of the book remind me of the medieval times.
Every chapter tells from another person in the story... so I enjoy some chapters more than others Very Happy 
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:10 am

I'd looooove to read the GoT series, but if the tv series is anything to go by, I think the books might be a little intense Wink

right now i'm finally reading 'fear and loathing in las vegas' by hunter s thompson (hehe, i finally managed to convince my dad to let me read it) and i bought the book 'Trainspotting' at a festival i went to recently (i haven't seen the movie but apparently it's a really good adaptation of the book?)
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:29 pm

It was harder for me to watch the tv series (just saw like 3 episodes) than read about it in the book. But I have to say the series are very close to the books - until now.
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Iridescent_Revival_<3 Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:21 am

I love the TV series, although I tend to rewatch the episodes quite a bit because I'm a bit slow at catching on to the plot D: Especially since guys generally all look the same to me Embarassed 
Iridescent_Revival_<3
Iridescent_Revival_<3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next