Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bully Project

+5
Aduhm
TanyaMinxy
Krissy
PinkBarrierLou
Natt
9 posters

Go down

The Bully Project Empty The Bully Project

Post by Natt Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:40 am

I used to be bullied too…

When I was a teenager living in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, I felt like a fish out of water. There was no one else in my town that dared to dream big and I just felt suffocated by the hopelessness and dullness around me so I started experimenting with how I looked. By the time I was 14, I had neon pink hair, face full of piercings that I sometimes gave myself cause I couldn't afford a professional and I was wearing crazy looking clothes cause I just felt the need to express how opposed I was to being and doing what was expected of me. Since my parents didn't have any money to buy clothes, I got everything from second hand stores and churches where people had donated their stuff from the 80's. Fortunately the church didn't know how cool and retro everything was so for a dollar, I would get a bunch of stuff.

I was the only person in my town that looked outrageous so I didn't have any friends until I started meeting people through making music who shared my passion for it, which was in my late teens.

I felt so alone all the time, there was no one like me around. And it wasn't just the loneliness - kids were so mean to me. All the popular kids ganged up on me and called me names and threw shit at me during classes. And it wasn't just the kids - it was the teachers too…giving me bad grades for no reason just because I was different. There were so many humiliating moments..I remember this one time so clearly…there was a teacher who always made fun of my neon hair. One day he took some pink paint and smeared it in my face in front of the whole class. He laughed and said:"it suits you."

This went on every day until I won some talent show that was on TV.

The next day I walked to school and one of the bullies opened the door to me and said:"well done."

"Fuck off. I will never forget," I found myself thinking.

But I did forget. And I forgave cause there is no room in me for hatred anymore. I have no time for anger cause there are better ways to use my time here on earth. They say success is the best revenge but I think inner peace is. As of all these bullies, although when someone is hurting you, its hard to have compassion for them, just think - how sad and lost must one feel to wanna hurt someone else. When people are happy, they radiate happiness and give other people love.

Fortunately we grow up and get to create ourselves and choose who we work and make friends with. And don't ever let anyone tell you you can't be everything you dream of. You can! If I could against all the odds - you can too. It's all abut what you believe is possible. Everything is possible!

I wish to all the kids that are reading this that are being bullied - As hard as it is, don't let it get to you my dear one. Keep visualizing a brighter reality for yourself and working towards it. Things pass and you can become anything you dream of becoming. Peter Marshall has famously said: "When we long for a life without difficulties, remind us that oaks grow strong in contrary winds and diamonds are made under pressure."

Keep on going, beautiful.

K

For more information on how to help visit The Bully Project!
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

The Bully Project Empty Re: The Bully Project

Post by PinkBarrierLou Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:29 am

Sorry but I want to punch that "teacher" Mad
PinkBarrierLou
PinkBarrierLou

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:08 am

[/b]That's just really sad.How mean of the kids Teachers for making fun of her.People shiuldn't do that just cause the way you dress. Sad Kerli is right you can do anything you want.follow your dreams & Beileve in your self. Very Happy Kerli is right about how it's better to let go of the hurt and go forward.[b]

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 am

She wrote this really nice.
Im sorry she has been bullied, that's so sad. Sad
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:42 pm

very nice blog. it was very sad she was bullied , as it is that many kids are bullied. And i would have told that teacher off.....
Aduhm
Aduhm

Location : In a Black, Black World, there was a Black, Black Town.

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_danimeri Wed May 09, 2012 3:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pi7qPx2TiE

I made this earlier today to share my story. Its not as bad as Kerli's, and it's jsut a basic overview of how it was for me, but I hope I can spread hope too. I hope that someone can learn from my story.
moonchild_danimeri
moonchild_danimeri

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Thu May 10, 2012 11:31 am

moonchild_danimeri wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pi7qPx2TiE

I made this earlier today to share my story. Its not as bad as Kerli's, and it's jsut a basic overview of how it was for me, but I hope I can spread hope too. I hope that someone can learn from my story.

Thank you for sharing that, Danimeri. No matter how "bad" bullying is for someone, it is always difficult and no one deserves to feel that pain.

It was brave of you to share your story. I get what you mean about celebrities sharing their stories and it's nice to hear it from someone that's easier to relate to.

You can check out this thread where some more of us shared our stories: http://www.tableoflove.net/t3465-bully-isn-t-answer

<3
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMimic Thu May 10, 2012 12:39 pm

I think it's really brave of people to share their stories, especially as there are so many who suffer in silence and don't have the courage to speak out. I myself have never been bullied but I admire people that speak out about their experience. Not only does it make people aware and understand what bullying can do, but can help so many people in the same position
LadyMimic
LadyMimic

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu May 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Nice that your sharing your story

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by irial1994 Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:14 am

This is so touching, i try not to hate and only love and people call me a freak amoung other names, faggot everythin, i am truly happy u survived!!1 <33 cheers
irial1994
irial1994

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:42 am

Just ignore what ppl say.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down