Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweet Junkie Girl @ "The End Of Art Is Tea"

5 posters

Go down

Sweet Junkie Girl @ "The End Of Art Is Tea"  Empty Sweet Junkie Girl @ "The End Of Art Is Tea"

Post by sweetjunkiegirl Wed May 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Hello lovely moonchildren.

I am going to be terribly naughty and crosspost the best of my musings from my blogspot to here, as I only have so many words, but I would dearly love to share them with you all.

Firstly, who am I?

I don't like to label myself, but if I must then I guess I'm just another tea-drinking narcissistic Irish optimisic chronically underemployed insomniac goth-not-Goth charmingly awkward teetotalling hyperchondriac frequently melancholic happy-go-lucky aspiring writer/ pro-procrastinator/ armchair-philosopher/ twitchy-neurotic/ facespace camwhore/ wonderfully-boring-magically-implausible-sugarjunkie-velociraptor...

...and girl.

Sweet Junkie Girl @ "The End Of Art Is Tea"  S21stimage004

Also: a moonchild. AFWVG, inmate for life... Blue Ajah.

When I work in retail, I carry TWO pens.

Secondly, what is my blog's name all about?

"The end of art is peace."

Many poets have said it, and many people have believed it. They were all mistaken.

The end of art can be peace. It is what we strive for after all; inner peace, harmonic understanding, transcendence of the painful now. The self-actualised zenlike calm that comes after catharsis. Buzzwords aplenty for a simple concept. The art is done, we can rest now.

Here comes the sting in the tale: peace can also bring about the end of art. The peaceable contented do not great artworks make. That which moves the audience requires the artist to bleed. This is the great paradox of which the poets spake. The serpent devours the tail. The wheel turns.

But the greater truth is known only to a few. Listen close and I will whisper it sweetly:

The end of art is tea.

sweetjunkiegirl
sweetjunkiegirl

http://the-end-of-art-is-tea.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Sweet Junkie Girl @ "The End Of Art Is Tea"  Empty Re: Sweet Junkie Girl @ "The End Of Art Is Tea"

Post by sweetjunkiegirl Wed May 11, 2011 7:41 pm

My first entry back in August:

A terrible thing happened to me this summer.

It happened during those hammering moments between turning off the light and reaching the safety of your bed. Those moments where the darkness is a liquid thing, concealing all the ghoulies you forget to believe in when the sun rises, concealing the hand which is stretching right at this moment for your ankle to drag you away to UNDERTHEBED...

...I hate those moments. I have fled from empty bedrooms convinced zombies were at my heels. I have chuckled nervously to myself, walking just a little faster, trying not to show the vampires I was afraid. I have heard the mystery rapping at my window after midnight and known it to be the ghost of my dreams. I have been afraid, so afraid of the darkness between the light and the bed.

This summer I stood in the dark and was not afraid.

There were no zombies at the window, no vampires by the door, no aliens, no runaway death machines, no bad fairies coming to leave a changeling in my bed. There was only the sudden and irrevocable knowing that any horror and any evil in this world comes from humanity and it is humanity alone I have to fear.

It is a terrible thing that happened to me this summer.

Is mise,
~SJGirl~
sweetjunkiegirl
sweetjunkiegirl

Back to top Go down

Sweet Junkie Girl @ "The End Of Art Is Tea"  Empty Re: Sweet Junkie Girl @ "The End Of Art Is Tea"

Post by cindragale Tue May 17, 2011 2:15 pm

I like your blog a lot. That summer story really reminds me of that transition from childhood to adulthood and is beautifully written& well constructed. Human behaviour is indeed one of the scariest things in life.

I wish I could tell you this sounding less like a teacher.

Keep it up!
cindragale
cindragale

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetjunkiegirl Wed May 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Aw thank you! Very Happy You're magic <3
sweetjunkiegirl
sweetjunkiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretta Thu May 26, 2011 7:02 am

Wow, your blog is just.... wow Shocked
i love reading it, it sounds so..... awesome Shocked
i like it a lot! Surprised
Gretta
Gretta

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetjunkiegirl Thu May 26, 2011 12:11 pm

:3 thank you so much!!! XD I get so excited that there's anyone reading it at all, it still surprises me ahaha XP

D'you think it'd be ok if I reposted a few more of the entries here? Still not sure if it's allowed really ^^,
sweetjunkiegirl
sweetjunkiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindragale Mon May 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Did you just call me magic ? Wow. Thanks a lot!

oh I don't know but go got it please!
cindragale
cindragale

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis Tue May 31, 2011 7:49 am

I'm really loving your blogs, can't wait for more. Smile

P.S. Its your blogs so feel free to do anything you want (well almost anything) Razz
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

http://www.myspace.com/siberian777

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetjunkiegirl Tue May 31, 2011 10:52 am

@MoonChildLuis: Thank youuu!!! Smile Very Happy Haha I'll probably update as soon as I get internet sorted in my new house Very Happy so hopefully soon!

@cindragale: Yup, it's offical. MAGIC. Congrats! :p teehee I'll go mad with copy&paste when I get back online so Very Happy
sweetjunkiegirl
sweetjunkiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfeh Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Oy. You must blog more oft aye? Your phrasings are very nice to read. ^-^ Also, love your hair. <3

wolfeh
wolfeh

http://www.myspace.com/thekalico

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down