Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerli's new sound poll

+16
Winter
PirateDolly13
javieljones
Ragdoll*Bunny
Spekt
Quincy
KuuLaps
LadyMimic
MoonChildLuis
sofierain
Lilee
Little Phoenix
BrowniesBeffy
TheLastSongbird
gardenofstars
AennilLinnEa
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you think of kerli's new sound? Many think that It's turning to the shit on the radio!

Kerli's new sound poll Vote_lcap40%Kerli's new sound poll Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 18 ]
Kerli's new sound poll Vote_lcap9%Kerli's new sound poll Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
Kerli's new sound poll Vote_lcap31%Kerli's new sound poll Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 14 ]
Kerli's new sound poll Vote_lcap20%Kerli's new sound poll Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 45

Poll closed

Kerli's new sound poll Empty Kerli's new sound poll

Post by AennilLinnEa Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:14 am

I'm curious what ppl think! Very Happy

AennilLinnEa

Back to top Go down

Kerli's new sound poll Empty Re: Kerli's new sound poll

Post by gardenofstars Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:13 pm

I did love the creepy sound. It was like a depression shake which I fed of. But I love the new sound too.
gardenofstars
gardenofstars

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:31 pm

I loved Kerli before during her Love is dead era, and I still love her sound now. I'm happy that she's come out of her darker style of songwriting in order to really have fun with the new album. There's no doubt in my mind that she is never going to "sell out" in the way many singers are forced to, or purely choose to, whether because they don't care either way or whatever. Kerli is bigger and better than that.

Actually, the way I can see it turning out with her new album, is that it will hook new listeners in that it'll seem to stick to the usual grain of most pop music, but we and the new fans who care to look deeper will know her songs' true meanings. And of course there won't only be fun, dancy songs, there will be deeper songs too, as she's made clear to us.

Basically, I'm just excited about Kerli's future, no matter the changes it may bring. She's going to show the world a whole new meaning behind what pop music can be. So many people are going to love Kerli, if they care to open up to something different Smile

TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:50 pm

I agree with TheLastSongBird Smile
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:51 pm

I like 'both Kerlis' in a way
I like her darker stuff better though... idk... She uses word 'baby' too much in new songs in my opinion. xD and that's kind of... naaaah... Rolling Eyes
I think that her lyrics were better in old songs. And the old sound was very distinctive, if you know what I mean.

On the other hand, I feel like listening to happier music these days, so her new stuff came in the right moment.

But if I had to chose... I think I'd say old stuff.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the new album <3 Smile
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:57 pm

I like her new sound, but I'm still hoping she will keep some of that
whimsical/creepy sound that made her different than your average pop
star. Actually, when she released Nature Boy, that's basically what I
thought her new sound would be like. I still like her new stuff a lot, but I mean it's really no different than everything else on the radio right now. I agree with Little Phoenix that the old sound was more distinctive. But I'm sure I'll still love the new album.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Lilee wrote: Actually, when she released Nature Boy, that's basically what I
thought her new sound would be like.
Totally agree.

Lilee wrote:I still like her new stuff a lot, but I mean it's really no different than everything else on the radio right now.
I have to agree with this too.
Neutral
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by sofierain Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:01 pm

I loved her old style. It was exactly "creepy and cute" as you said, but I also love the bubblegoth style. I like her old music better, but her new look is more fun and I like that better. I'm glad that she is pitting a newfound happiness into the bubblegoth, it was sad to listen to all the darkness and rebellion and Pain in her old music. I jut wish she mixed the new look and good feelig with the old style of music(:
sofierain
sofierain

https://facebook.com/sofierain

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:08 pm

I really miss the old Kerli sound Sad I loved her in her Love is Dead phase it was the perfect balance of dark and light. The Love is Dead teaser was a beautiful introduction, absolute perfection! It was creepy, dark but enticing. I hoped she would stick with the Yes I Can, Red Flags, Scar Tissue, Scream, Tea Party, Speed Limit, Army of Angels sound. These songs have cleaver lyrics, some are deep in meaning, each one sound amazing, and some have this ethereal Kerli sound. These songs sound like singles.

The new songs are too bubbly I don't like it; I'll admit that they are really catchy ( can't get Bubblegum or Dollface chourus out of my head) but they lack the balance of goth. Army of Angels sounds like a single to me and it would easily outsell When You Cry. I'm not saying I want Kerli to return to her depressed state because she can still create that sound in a better state of mind, look at Nature Boy.

I feel like I'm getting disconnected with Kerli. I'm not sure about this change or the new album. Her new sound is too extreame pop to me, yeah she still uses her symbolic and deep meaning lyrics but its not the same sound that loved and felt connected with. IDK anymore, I'll just hold on the the fact that Kerli change my life at one point, she will forever remain my Goddess.

Last edited by MoonChildLuis on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

http://www.myspace.com/siberian777

Back to top Go down

Post by AennilLinnEa Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:08 pm

I actually can agree to all of you here!
To me, her sound is turning out to be like the radio shit but just like TheLastSongBird said: if we moonchildren look deeper in her songs we will find the meaning. But now. I don't know! Cause you know I've never needed to look so deep to find the meaning....
I agree to you too, MoonChildLuis

AennilLinnEa

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMimic Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:22 am

I agree with everyone aswell! When I first heard her new songs I was bit unsure whether I liked them or not. But i'm going to wait for the new album before making a decision because for all we know there might be songs on the album that had that vibe that love is dead had, and as kerli said she's in a happy place right now and she wants to reflect that in her new album. I'm pretty sure i'll love her new one but I think as its going to have a different sound, people are unsure whether they want to hear change.
LadyMimic
LadyMimic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:38 am

MoonChildLuis wrote:I really miss the old Kerli Sad I loved her in her Love is Dead phase it was the perfect balance of dark and light. The Love is Dead teaser was a beautiful introduction, absolute perfection! It was creepy, dark but enticing. I hoped she would stick with the Yes I Can, Red Flags, Scar Tissue, Scream, Tea Party, Speed Limit, Army of Angels sound. These songs have cleaver lyrics, some are deep in meaning, each one sound amazing, and some have this ethereal Kerli sound. These songs sound like singles.

The new songs are too bubbly I don't like it; I'll admit that they are really catchy ( can't get Bubblegum or Dollface chourus out of my head) but they lack the balance of goth. Army of Angels sounds like a single to me and it would easily outsell When You Cry.

I feel like I'm getting disconnected with Kerli. I'm not sure about this change or the new album. Her new sound is too extreame pop to me, yeah she still uses her symbolic and deep meaning lyrics but its not the same sound that loved and felt connected with.

^^^^ this.

Back to top Go down

Post by KuuLaps Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:41 am

I do not like the new sound as well, but I am not going to judge before the album release.
KuuLaps
KuuLaps

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:12 am

I'm not going to judge yet either. I like some of the new stuff, I think Supergirl and When You Cry are my favs of the new stuff, maybe because they kind of remind me of the older stuff, but are happier and lighter. But she says it's a concept album so who knows what it'll need up sounding like. I do love though when artists try something different. I like being able to listen to a song and be like "Oh that's from their ____ era" The Bubblegoth era is very different from the Love is Dead era. This is just another step in Kerli's musical journey. Smile
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:05 pm

^ Exactly. I'm sure Kerli will go through a few different stages in her musical career. I'd like her to go along the lines of Emilie Autumn's Enchant era at some point, but obviously in her own style. You know, do an album that's totally faerylike, mystical and completely out-of-this-world. Similar to what she was heading towards with Saima, but an entire concept. I can see her doing that Smile
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:34 pm

TheLastSongbird wrote:I'd like her to go along the lines of Emilie Autumn's Enchant era at some point, but obviously in her own style. You know, do an album that's totally faerylike, mystical and completely out-of-this-world.

That would be awesome.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekt Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:01 pm

Kind of supprising how many dont like the new sound. I thought it was in a boat all by myself.
Spekt
Spekt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:41 pm

Thing is that I knew about Kerli (the artist) for sometime and only liked a few songs from her past album. Her new sound I have a feeling I will like better. It's nice to have happier music for a change.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by javieljones Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:43 pm

I'm still unsure whether or not I'm fully on board for the new sound XD I'm definitely more of a fan of her darker stuff. The uber pop sound is still something that I'm getting use to. I do love When You Cry so I hope the rest of the songs lean toward that sort of pop rather than the Bubble Gum type that is so in your face pop it sounds like a lot of stuff already on the radio.

I'm totally happy that Kerli's in a great place in life right now but when hearing 'Bubblegoth', I expected equal parts of bubble and goth. From what I hear and understand, most of what I'm getting out of the new stuff is just bubble. I'm still hoping to hear more of the goth though so I haven't given up <3
javieljones
javieljones

http://www.myspace.com/javieljones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:16 am

I loved her old creepy sound and style,I'm not sure if I like the "new sound,but we can't judge before we hear it,I don't like AOL and we heard other new songs just live,but I like them more and as it's concept album and it's still Kerli, I think it's going to be awsome and she said that she nwo going for more pop sound just because she wants to be bigger.ButI really don't like her cyber look!! :/

Back to top Go down

Post by PirateDolly13 Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:40 pm

"I don't like it. I loved the old, creepy and cute kerli!" ThisThisThis.
PirateDolly13
PirateDolly13

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:08 am

My favourite songs by Kerli are 'Love Is Dead' and 'Bulletproof'. I am light years away from the pop culture. I never wanted Kerli to change. I miss the old her, tbh. She may have good new songs but I can't find that magic and the emotion in them, which I found in Love Is Dead. When Army of Love was released, I should've seen the change coming! If I had a gun, I'd shoot her with her old style. And yes, her new stuff is just like another song which is played on the radio. If I heard her new stuff first, I would not listen to her. But I still like her because of her old stuff.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:09 am

Same with me.

But we'll have to wait and see how the album is before we judge it.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:28 am

True, but I don't like her cyber look either. I'm sorry. =/
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:32 am

I kind of have to agree with MoonChildLuis..I'm not really sure how i feel. I guess I'm gonna have to here the whole album before i judge.

I don't like her new style either. When i heard her new songs.I was all like wow.This is so poppy. Doesn't sound like kerli to me. I guess i'm gonna have to give her new style a chance before i can really judge it.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawty Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:50 am

Artists evolve. She's not gonna stay the same forever.

"Fans" who are trashing her should be grateful. Artists just can't make an album and put it out. Making an album costs hundreds of thousands of dollars in the long run, and labels aren't quick to shell out these huge amounts, especially in this era when album sales are at an all time low, 65% less than what they were 10 years ago.

Radio Friendly album = lots of airplay = lots of exposure = good album sales = good career.

Indie/Non radio friendly album = little airplay = little exposure = poor album sales = dropped by label.

Kerli has no choice but to evolve her sound if we want to hear music from her in the future. We need to be thankful we're getting new music at all. Beggars can't be choosers.
Dawty
Dawty

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:05 am

No ones trashing her. I'm glad that kerli is in a "happy place" now. really I'm. Just thinking maybe that people were dissporant with the new sound. I know people change and stuff.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawty Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:21 am

butterflycry2010 wrote:No ones trashing her. I'm glad that kerli is in a "happy place" now. really I'm. Just thinking maybe that people were dissporant with the new sound. I know people change and stuff.

I'm not talking about anyone here. Razz There are people all over other pop sites, youtube, twitter, etc. saying things along the lines of "wow, so much for integrity, converting to the whore standards of the music industry today, i don't think i can call myself a fan anymore". If these people can't respect Kerli as an artist now, they were never a fan in the first place.

And yes, of course people are going to be disappointed. Even I'll be disappointed that Love Is Dead era Kerli will (probably) never be back. But ALL artists evolve. Kerli is happy now, and that will reflect in her music. The new pop sound was bound to happen, especially in Kerli's case since her debut wasn't a huge commercial smash. This album is very make it or break it for her, and she'll need some big pop hits to help her. Remember, she's trying her best to keep her artistic integrity and make radio friendly music at the same time, so she can keep making music for years to come, for us, and this is exactly why it's imperative we have her back 100%. Smile Once she hits it big with this album, her label will let her have more artistic freedom, and maybe one day that classic Love Is Dead era Kerli we all know will make a cameo or two in her future work. Smile
Dawty
Dawty

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:36 am

^I agree with you 100% Dawty. And I don't feel comfortable saying 'I want the old Kerli' because she's said she was unhappy and depressed when she wrote a lot of Love is Dead. That and it's kind of hard to judge her new sound based on a few songs we're not even 100% sure will be all the next album.
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawty Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:42 am

Quincy wrote:^I agree with you 100% Dawty. And I don't feel comfortable saying 'I want the old Kerli' because she's said she was unhappy and depressed when she wrote a lot of Love is Dead. That and it's kind of hard to judge her new sound based on a few songs we're not even 100% sure will be all the next album.

+1. Not to mention 4/5 songs she performed are LQ, LIVE snippets & recordings, and the one song she performed that we have a studio version of is a demo.

I'm sure the 'goth' side of BubbleGoth will be more prominent in the album tracks, once we hear the album in its entirety. She just needs the "bubble" side in her singles to help jump start some hype & airplay for the era. Smile
Dawty
Dawty

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:48 am

ooh,wow!.That's not very nice. I kind of noticed that some of the new fans did't like the love is dead album & the old fans don't like the idea of the new sound. I guess you can't please "everyone" I must be honest and say i guess i was kind of "disappointed" with the sound of the new songs.So i really feel like I'm gonna be "disappointed" with the new album. But I'am gonna to waite intill the new album in my hands before i really judge it.

I totally understand what you are saying. & that's very true. I guess the good thing is that if the album is more "poppy" Then everybody should be able to buy it.I want kerli to be more "popular" & have a hit album. I must say out all the female singer's she's the only one i can really respect.Her style may have changed but not the....opinions on what she belives in.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:54 am

But lots artists have made famous staying true to their style. Look at Björk, Imogen Heap, Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Sigur Ros...The greatest bands have never change their stiles, they have always stayed tru to their style and they made success. They have never had to make silly pop music to get attention, Kerli could be this too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:03 am

That may be true.But the times have kind of changed now.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawty Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 am

PopGirl wrote:But lots artists have made famous staying true to their style. Look at Björk, Imogen Heap, Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Sigur Ros...The greatest bands have never change their stiles, they have always stayed tru to their style and they made success. They have never had to make silly pop music to get attention, Kerli could be this too.

Yes, all those artists are icons, but none of them are big album/single sellers, and none of them were mainstream stars, during the peak of their popularity (many people look back on Bjork & Kate as icons now, though they never sold very much.) Currently, selling huge amounts of albums and singles is necessary for big label artists (such as Kerli) because of the enormous decline in album sales. In order to get massive album sales, she's gonna need some huge singles that fit the mainstream mold (which at the moment just happens to be Electronic Pop). Don't worry. I'm sure there will be enough goth on the album to compensate for the bubble on the mainstream tracks & probable singles. Very Happy
Dawty
Dawty

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:10 am

unless she keeps the goth tracks for the album & the poppy ones has singles

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawty Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:14 am

butterflycry2010 wrote:unless she keeps the goth tracks for the album & the poppy ones has singles

That's what I'm saying lol. The goth side of Bubblegoth will probably shine on the album tracks while the Bubble side will dominate the singles.
Dawty
Dawty

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:16 am

LOL.I hope so... Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawty Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:22 am

butterflycry2010 wrote:LOL.I hope so... Very Happy

I don't mind anyways, since I'm a huge pop fan to begin with Laughing
Dawty
Dawty

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:26 am

That's my huge problem tho.... I used to love pop music.Then when i got into kerli i liked the goth style more.lol

I was like a huge britney fan..

least her new style be better then brit's Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:13 am

Dawty wrote:
PopGirl wrote:But lots artists have made famous staying true to their style. Look at Björk, Imogen Heap, Kate Bush, Tori Amos, Sigur Ros...The greatest bands have never change their stiles, they have always stayed tru to their style and they made success. They have never had to make silly pop music to get attention, Kerli could be this too.

Yes, all those artists are icons, but none of them are big album/single sellers, and none of them were mainstream stars, during the peak of their popularity (many people look back on Bjork & Kate as icons now, though they never sold very much.) Currently, selling huge amounts of albums and singles is necessary for big label artists (such as Kerli) because of the enormous decline in album sales. In order to get massive album sales, she's gonna need some huge singles that fit the mainstream mold (which at the moment just happens to be Electronic Pop).

These people may be icons in Europe, but in the U.S. (where Kerli is at and trying to make it big currently) few people listen to them sure they know who Tori Amos and Björk are, some even know who Imogen Heap is, but Tori is the only one whose ever really had success here. Most people I know have never heard a song by any of them. Kate Bush and Sigur Ros are practically unknown here.
There aren't a lot of big time female singers who didn't change to make it big, there's nothing wrong with that. If Kerli builds a stronger fan base with this album she could release whatever she wanted because people would eat it up. Kerli's also under contract and until she fulfills that contract she can't really do anything other than make music that the label wants to release so she can fulfill it faster. Sure Kerli could continue to make more of 'Love is Dead' like songs but her label might not want to release them. She was an 18 year old from Estonia when she signed with Def Jam, let's not lie they probably used that to their advantage.
Quincy
Quincy

Back to top Go down

Post by blackpixiedust Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:00 pm

I feel that Kerli is smart with what she is doing. :] I'm proud to be a fan.
But are we certain that these songs are going to be on the album, or are they just fillers for her shows until she releases the single and can reveal her full album concept?
I'll wait until I hear her entire album to comment her sound as a whole, because it's never really been one strictly thing or the other, in my opinion. With the first few songs we've heard, I can understand the concern from those who are moreso drawn to Kerli's darker themes.
Like it was mentioned though, there will very likely be a balance in styles, if not a perfect blend.

blackpixiedust
blackpixiedust

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfeh Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:20 pm

I think each of her phases is important. Obviously. Her Love Is Dead work was really great, but had she released another record of that exact sound? Eh. That'd get old really fast. Personally, I love the new sound. I think positivity is what we need in life in these days, and that her new album, even if the song subjects are sad, will offer that light that we need. You know? It's still really pretty, it's just, instead of standing in the shadows and the rain in a modern fairy metropolis, now we're sitting outside in the sunlight sipping tea and dressing up. It's nice. ^-^ I agree with theLastSongbird though, an entire record of ethereal songs like Saima would be incredible!
wolfeh
wolfeh

http://www.myspace.com/thekalico

Back to top Go down

Post by AennilLinnEa Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:13 am

Quincy wrote:^I agree with you 100% Dawty. And I don't feel comfortable saying 'I want the old Kerli' because she's said she was unhappy and depressed when she wrote a lot of Love is Dead. That and it's kind of hard to judge her new sound based on a few songs we're not even 100% sure will be all the next album.
yeah I mean like we can't tell kerli to fuck off and be depressed again!
Yes, maybe it's jjust songs shes playing with. And In an interview she said that ''there will be treats for old Love is Dead fans as well''
So I trust Kerli!!!
I.L.U.<3

AennilLinnEa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:29 pm

since when is it about being famous? if she care for music she should do it for making her happy. is that not the meaning of integrity? I feel she has lost integrity so she can be in radio stations and be famous. now she is only happy when she is famous?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawty Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:13 am

secretpersonfp wrote:since when is it about being famous? if she care for music she should do it for making her happy. is that not the meaning of integrity? I feel she has lost integrity so she can be in radio stations and be famous. now she is only happy when she is famous?

It's not about being famous. It's about being successful, fame is just a byproduct of success. She can't keep making music if she doesn't get played on the radios + sell albums, because she'll be dropped. Labels are very picky nowadays because of the extremely dire situation the music industry is in. When you're a part of the industry, especially a big label like Island, you have 2 options. 1) be successful or 2) be dropped.
Dawty
Dawty

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:38 am

secretpersonfp wrote:since when is it about being famous? if she care for music she should do it for making her happy. is that not the meaning of integrity? I feel she has lost integrity so she can be in radio stations and be famous. now she is only happy when she is famous?

I understand what your feeling & saying. but what Dawty is saying has lot of truth to it.when u think about it,

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:20 am

Dawty wrote:

It's not about being famous. It's about being successful, fame is just a byproduct of success. She can't keep making music if she doesn't get played on the radios + sell albums, because she'll be dropped. Labels are very picky nowadays because of the extremely dire situation the music industry is in. When you're a part of the industry, especially a big label like Island, you have 2 options. 1) be successful or 2) be dropped.

yes I know this but success for a real artist isnt measured by radio play. it is from making good music and stay true to herself. I just think she is lost integrity for making this pop music she says she would never make. there is other ways for have success than pop crap. I am very disappointed this is not integrity which she preech

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:28 am

Yeah,I was like disappointed with the new 3 songs. I think kerli needs to REALLY do this to build up her fan base. She needs a hit song. Then she can do the shit she wants.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawty Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:33 am

secretpersonfp wrote:
Dawty wrote:

yes I know this but success for a real artist isnt measured by radio play. it is from making good music and stay true to herself. I just think she is lost integrity for making this pop music she says she would never make. there is other ways for have success than pop crap. I am very disappointed this is not integrity which she preech

She hasn't lost her integrity at all. Her life has changed, and will always change as she goes through different situations, and this will reflect in her music. She happens to be happy right now, so it's going to shine through in her music. Is she not allowed to have fun? Is she only allowed to sing about how depressed she is, and how love is gone? That would be ridiculous. She's not one dimensional, she's not going to always be sad, therefore her music shouldn't have to be either.

And yes, the sad reality is success IS measured by radio play, sales, etc. Maybe not emotional fufillment, but would you prefer she make music that is emotionally fufilling, non radio friendly, and "true to herself" while she lives on the streets, starving [/exaggeration] because she couldn't achieve commercial success? I sure wouldn't.
Dawty
Dawty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:55 am

you csn make emotional good music thats still radio friendly. she can make this "happy song" but not lose integrity. look at taylor swift she make good wholesome sounds but she is true for herself and not make crap music

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next