Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Info on Two New Songs [Pretty Red Apple & XO]

+19
Dawty
Little Phoenix
YetiMoonchild
out of the hollow
Anna
mimi
kurokai
BrowniesBeffy
Lilee
DarkMoon
Siim
Gretta
EetuJaKeijut
dreamsdontsleep
loonylovegood
joseph325625
Poetic
pixiedust19
Krissy
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Info on Two New Songs [Pretty Red Apple & XO] Empty Info on Two New Songs [Pretty Red Apple & XO]

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Pretty Red Apple and XO have recently leaked (which we all know) and this is what Kerli wrote about them on her formspring.

From her formspring:

Q: I heard XO today and I was so surprised. it sounds very different from anything I've heard from you so far. what is that song about, does it fit the mood of your new album?

A: that song is written for another artist.

Q: will u do more pop music on your enw album like XO i loved it it was very fun & catchy Very Happy

A: It's all pop but better than xo. You will love this album, I promise

Q: did Vespertine help you do any songs on your new album? Or XO or PRA?

A: Yea, we have 2 or 3 songs together on this album. Not xo...I did that with this Danish producer called Peter Stengaard. He's dope. XO is not for my album, it doesn't quite communicate my message and concept.

Their definitely not on her new album maybe one day they'll be released as b-sides or be a free download.

I decided to update the post to put more accurate info on here.

Last edited by darksideofthesun on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Info on Two New Songs [Pretty Red Apple & XO] Empty Re: Info on Two New Songs [Pretty Red Apple & XO]

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:01 pm

Thanks for sharing..

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Info on Two New Songs [Pretty Red Apple & XO] Empty Re: Info on Two New Songs [Pretty Red Apple & XO]

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:08 pm

the first song very catchy!!Think my fav is the second one.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:35 pm

I always get excited/sad when songs leak because I really want to hear the song but I feel bad for the artist. I figured it would go to post them here since we would still buy the song whether it leaked or not.

Also I seriously love Pretty Red Apple, I hope it'll be available for purchase at some point.

Last edited by darksideofthesun on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust19 Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:38 pm

ive heard these songs once b4, they were up on youtube for about 10 minutes and i listened to them. they r so awesome(:

pixiedust19

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:43 pm

XO IS SUPER CATCHY! Pretty Red Apple sounds good, but I like XO better. Pretty Red Apple sounds familiar... Maria Mena-ish.
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:51 pm

I thought Xo sounded familiar to me.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:55 pm

butterflycry2010 wrote:I thought Xo sounded familiar to me.

Me too. I can't figure out why and it's bugging me lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:09 pm

darksideofthesun wrote:

same..Xo sounds like a song some one elise sang..Or this song sounds like a type of song another singer popish would sing..If that makes sence

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 pm

It does seem popish. But she pulls it off. Compare Pretty Red Apple to Maria Mena's "All This Time." The verse sounds very similar.
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph325625 Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Love it thanks for sharing!
joseph325625
joseph325625

http://www.myspace.com/400641326

Back to top Go down

Post by loonylovegood Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:24 pm

i like pretty red apple. it sucks that these were leaked before but i guess they ARE going to be released as b sides because peopple have heard them before
loonylovegood
loonylovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Poetic wrote:It does seem popish. But she pulls it off. Compare Pretty Red Apple to Maria Mena's "All This Time." The verse sounds very similar.
yeah she does pull it off good!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:35 pm

loonylovegood wrote:i like pretty red apple. it sucks that these were leaked before but i guess they ARE going to be released as b sides because peopple have heard them before

I agree, I really hope she had it planned all along that these would be b-sides.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:38 pm

butterflycry2010 wrote:
darksideofthesun wrote:

same..Xo sounds like a song some one elise sang..Or this song sounds like a type of song another singer popish would sing..If that makes sence

It does sound very popish, maybe that's why it sounds kinda familiar. It's a good song thou, she does pop well.

Last edited by darksideofthesun on Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Opps I fogot a word.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:43 pm

Yes, I think she makes the "pop songs a darkish sound" Much better then what ashley simpson did!!!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:50 pm

It's true, she does really well at making pop songs sound darkish. I hope she does more songs like this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:54 pm

Iam sure she will....

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 pm

True, she did have a few dark pop songs on her last album. I think I just of think of her music more as alternate than pop lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsdontsleep Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Are these leaked or actually bsides?
XO sounds like all the new Adam Lambert/Lady Gaga/Miley Cyrus songs... but Kerli pulls it off really well Smile
dreamsdontsleep
dreamsdontsleep

http://dreamsdontsleep.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:05 pm

I know to me XO sounded like a song britney spears/christina agulera would sing....But YES! She pulls it off for sure!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:09 pm

dreamsdontsleep wrote:Are these leaked or actually bsides?
XO sounds like all the new Adam Lambert/Lady Gaga/Miley Cyrus songs... but Kerli pulls it off really well Smile

I heard that they leaked awhile ago and then disappeared. Now there back so maybe there actually b-sides, I don't really know.

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsdontsleep Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:10 pm

darksideofthesun wrote:

I heard that they leaked awhile ago and then disappeared. Now there back so maybe there actually b-sides, I don't really know.

Ah they're awesome anyway. Sorry Kerli if they're leakeeed! :3
hehehe.
dreamsdontsleep
dreamsdontsleep

http://dreamsdontsleep.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:12 pm

darksideofthesun wrote:

have no idea...first time i ever heard of them.. Shocked

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:12 pm

I never seen them on YT before tonite!..I really like them..l

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:09 pm

I decided it would be best to get rid of the links since it seems like the songs aren't suppose to be out just yet.

Last edited by darksideofthesun on Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust19 Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:15 pm

XO sounds like it could be on the radio(: hopefully this album makes Kerli become more popular

pixiedust19

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:36 am

XO is just wow.. I love her so freaking much Very Happy
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:41 am

butterflycry2010 wrote:I know to me XO sounded like a song britney spears/christina agulera would sing....
Exactly what I think. But IMO, that doesn't fit Kerli. Kerli has her own style and honestly I like every Love Is Dead song more than XO. Pretty Red Apple, on the other hand, is amazing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretta Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:28 am

XO sounds alike to Christina Aguilera's new album
but Pretty Red Apple is so.. so... awesome Very Happy it's so magical Very Happy I think this song would be perfect for Alice in Wonderland Very Happy
Gretta
Gretta

Back to top Go down

Post by Siim Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:48 am

The leaked songs are already in Estonian media Very Happy

http://www.elu24.ee/?id=277094

They are fast. And the headline is Listen Quickly - two kerli songs were leaked.
Siim
Siim

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMoon Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:13 am

XO so nice aaaaaaaaaaah pretty red apple aso ........XO will be a very nice single she can win best artist award >.<
DarkMoon
DarkMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:46 am

for me, XO sounds like Britney Spears...

i don't really like it. it's not her style...

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:14 am

juStUniiQue wrote:for me, XO sounds like Britney Spears...

i don't really like it. it's not her style...

you thought that too? Wasn't just me then..the red apple song sounds just like her.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:39 am

yup...

yes, i agree with you....pretty red apple is ok...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:50 am

I couldn't help myself, I listened to them Dx Darn curiosity!

I don't really like XO that much, but Pretty Red Apple is kinda catchy. The lyrics are good.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:57 am

I like "Pretty Red Apple" better.. It's so cute : ] "XO" is kinda diva-like. But I like that one too =)
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:38 am

I really don't think she sell out and do that type of song to get raido play.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph325625 Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 am

i downloaded them Smile
yayyy hope there not leaked but ill buy them if they ever come out for sale Smile
joseph325625
joseph325625

http://www.myspace.com/400641326

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:39 am

I think now after some more listening i prefer Pretty Red Apple too, XO is bit too simple for Kerli.
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by kurokai Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:45 am

they arn t my favrites of kerli ...especialy XO don t realy like that one but i sad that to yes i can and now i love that song xD the same thing whit parabola of tool who s one of my favrites song at the moment
kurokai
kurokai

http://alex-ignatius.over-blog.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 am

Yeah,My favorited is pretty red apples,Xo is good too,Well it's ok.Not my favorited kerli song. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Siim Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:32 am

I like them both put especially pretty red apple Smile It is good to hear something new from her after so long time.
Siim
Siim

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:47 am

I don't get the whole "Pretty Red Apple" thing. Lots of notes are identical to "All This Time" by Maria Mena and she shouts the chorus. I think XO is amazing. Love it like crazy.

Although it reminds me of "If You Seek Amy"
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:14 am

Siim wrote:I like them both put especially pretty red apple Smile It is good to hear something new from her after so long time.

Very Happy 4sure

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:51 am

Poetic wrote:I don't get the whole "Pretty Red Apple" thing. Lots of notes are identical to "All This Time" by Maria Mena and she shouts the chorus. I think XO is amazing. Love it like crazy.

Well I think people like the message behind the song, I think it's very Kerli, and people probably like how similar it sounds to Yes I Can like with the shouting in the chorus.

I'm not sure why I like the shouting so much lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:52 am

Poetic wrote:I don't get the whole &quot;Pretty Red Apple&quot; thing. Lots of notes are identical to &quot;All This Time&quot; by Maria Mena and she shouts the chorus. I think XO is amazing. Love it like crazy.

Although it reminds me of &quot;If You Seek Amy&quot;

Pretty Red Apple is a mockery of the 'rich and famous' lifestyle. i love it.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:57 am

darksideofthesun wrote:
Poetic wrote:I don't get the whole "Pretty Red Apple" thing. Lots of notes are identical to "All This Time" by Maria Mena and she shouts the chorus. I think XO is amazing. Love it like crazy.

Well I think people like the message behind the song, I think it's very Kerli, and people probably like how similar it sounds to Yes I Can like with the shouting in the chorus.

I'm not sure why I like the shouting so much lol.

The message is nice, but I think the actual song isn't great. It's a good song, but I think it could be better. I feel the same way about Yes I Can, so maybe that's why. <_<
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:28 pm

mimi wrote:

That's why I like it too Smile
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Siim Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:29 pm

mimi wrote:
Poetic wrote:I don't get the whole &quot;Pretty Red Apple&quot; thing. Lots of notes are identical to &quot;All This Time&quot; by Maria Mena and she shouts the chorus. I think XO is amazing. Love it like crazy.

Although it reminds me of &quot;If You Seek Amy&quot;

I also love these lyrics Cool
Siim
Siim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next