Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas 2010

+15
Claudia
MoonChildLuis
Quincy
ladyxcabaret
loonylovegood
Poetic
electrickisses
TheLastSongbird
mimi
Liisu
out of the hollow
sparks2303
BrowniesBeffy
Lilee
Krissy
19 posters

Go down

Christmas 2010 Empty Christmas 2010

Post by Krissy Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:46 am

[b]Too me,I kind of feel like xmas has really lot's the true meaning for the hoilday.The spirt kind of gone...Christmas kind of feels like it's changed a lot sence i've grown up..But it feels like its only about gifts..I still like it..

What does christmas mean to you? What's the plans this year?

I think we might go over to my aunts and uncles house,,Not sure.Hope so!....

christmas means to me..spending time with family and friends...Kind of being thankful for all the things you do have! Very Happy I don't think people should only be kind during the hoildays they should be all yr around.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Christmas 2010 Empty Re: Christmas 2010

Post by Lilee Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:38 am

My family doesn't celebrate holidays and that always made me really sad. I'm kind of jealous of families that get together for Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. I always though Christmas was sort of superficial since it's so focused of presents now a days, but I do like that it sets aside a time when you can just be with your family and friends and show your appreciation for one another. My family never does stuff like that =/
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:34 pm

My family don't celebrate Christmas, but on New Years Eve we have an amazing celebration. Since I'm born in a Christian (Don't know how to spell it) I always feel uncomfortable when it is around the Christmas time and Easter and such. Christmas don't mean anything to me. Christmas eve is a normal day for me. But ever since I was young I have celebrated Christmas, but last year or the year before I quitted.
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks2303 Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:27 pm

we don't celebrate christmas either, so christmas itself doesn't mean much to me. winter break however, is all about seeing friends, staying up at night and watching the snow fall down, having the choice to not get out of the house and watch movies all day, sleep, etc. : P
sparks2303
sparks2303

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Lilee wrote:My family doesn't celebrate holidays and that always made me really sad. I'm kind of jealous of families that get together for Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. I always though Christmas was sort of superficial since it's so focused of presents now a days, but I do like that it sets aside a time when you can just be with your family and friends and show your appreciation for one another. My family never does stuff like that =/
aww.iam really sorry that you dont get too celebrate it. Sad

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:52 pm

butterflycry2010 wrote:christmas means to me..spending time with family and friends...Kind of being thankful for all the things you do have! Very Happy I don't think people should only be kind during the hoildays they should be all yr around.

Yes, I agree!

Every Christmas my mom's side of the family gets together (which is just our family and my uncle's family and my grandparents on my mom's side) and has dinner and then we do the present stuff. When my cousin and I were kids it was always about presents Razz But now that we're grown up it's just about all of us getting together and catching up once a year. It's really nice. Smile
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:57 am

out of the hollow wrote:
butterflycry2010 wrote:christmas means to me..spending time with family and friends...Kind of being thankful for all the things you do have! Very Happy I don't think people should only be kind during the hoildays they should be all yr around.

Yes, I agree!

Every Christmas my mom's side of the family gets together (which is just our family and my uncle's family and my grandparents on my mom's side) and has dinner and then we do the present stuff. When my cousin and I were kids it was always about presents Razz But now that we're grown up it's just about all of us getting together and catching up once a year. It's really nice. Smile

That's very sweet and nice.It's nice to have good memories like that.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liisu Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:10 am

Christmas is a big thing for Estonians.
family gets together Smile time for peace and love
Liisu
Liisu

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:26 am

Very Happy that's very nice,,

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:03 am

Liisu wrote:Christmas is a big thing for Estonians.

can't wait.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:59 pm

hope you all have a good christmas this year!!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks2303 Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:42 pm

you too!
lots of white fluffy snow, and lots of gifts. ^^
sparks2303
sparks2303

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:50 pm

thanks,,,yeah Razz

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:04 pm

sparks2303 wrote:you too!
lots of white fluffy snow, and lots of gifts. ^^

We hardly ever get snow here. We did last year though, on Christmas Eve. It was amazing. xD
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:07 pm

we did't get snow intill afther xmas last years lol

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks2303 Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:31 pm

yea, we got snow late too last year. but they said that winter would come sooner this year. at least in canada.
sparks2303
sparks2303

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:31 am

Winter's already arrived in the UK! There's been heavy snow in Scotland already, and I noticed it suddenly dropped very cold yesterday.

I'd like there to be a white Christmas this year. We got so close last year in England, there was snow on the ground on Christmas Day, but not much because it was from a couple of days before. It didn't actually snow on the day.
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:50 am

i don't remember having a white christmas for a long time

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by electrickisses Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:50 am

My family (not all) doesn't celebrate Christmas.
They just give me presents, because they
know i celebrate Christmas.
Still, i wish my family celebrated and did more things together.
My families aren't that close, but i wish they were.
But, none the less i still love them and care about them.
I can't wait to see the snow! I love the snow, it's my favorite
part about Christmas. I love to just go outside and watch the snow fall.
So beautiful and calm. <3
electrickisses
electrickisses

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Just finished my list. Smile I'm really excited, Christmas is truly the most wonderful time of the year.
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:29 pm

aww Smile im making most of the prezzies this year. im making paintings and jewellery.. should start on them now since its only like 5 weeks and couple of days til christmas!
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by loonylovegood Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:56 pm

I think in America most people have lost the true meaning of Christmas. for most people there is no religious aspect to christmas at all (even though it is technically celebrating Jesus's birth) but its all about the presents and the money and getting things. I think Christmas should be about spending time with those that you love and cherishing the moments that you have. I think it's ridiculous that people nowadays always think about just the presents and stress out about the cost of christmas. It's sad :[ that's why I like homemade gifts that you know are from the heart.

I hope my christmas is good this year, because it seems like every year something catastrophic happens in my family... I can't remember my last good christmas...

anyways, I'm going to try to enjoy it as much as possible and I hope you all do the same!
loonylovegood
loonylovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:29 pm

loonylovegood wrote:I think in America most people have lost the true meaning of Christmas. for most people there is no religious aspect to christmas at all (even though it is technically celebrating Jesus's birth) but its all about the presents and the money and getting things. I think Christmas should be about spending time with those that you love and cherishing the moments that you have. I think it's ridiculous that people nowadays always think about just the presents and stress out about the cost of christmas. It's sad :[ that's why I like homemade gifts that you know are from the heart.

I hope my christmas is good this year, because it seems like every year something catastrophic happens in my family... I can't remember my last good christmas...

anyways, I'm going to try to enjoy it as much as possible and I hope you all do the same!

I will agree with you....That's soooo true.It's quit sad so myself.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:40 pm

I don't think we've lost the meaning of Christmas. I think it's just evolved. Before it was strictly religion, but now people are becoming less religious, so it's changed to generosity. About looking forward to what you're going to get. It doesn't make you selfish, greedy. I personally love thinking of what to get other people, and if you get something good you can really see it in their faces. Even little kids and stuff, while they don't really seem thankful for the gifts they don't like, they still appreciate and see it as more than "Get me good presents." They see it as a time to be with family, and share love.
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:03 pm

^This (:

Even though I can't afford to go out and buy all my friends gifts I still try to put something together for them to show how much they mean to me. I gave out my old stuff animals one year Razz They all loved 'em and my friend gave me a Unicorn in return <3

My family are heading to the beach Christmas day (: We'll spend Christmas Eve with my grandparents and leave the next day.

We're taking our motorhome (Which we finally got registered after three years) and I'm following in my car (: I can't even begin to describe how excited I am :3
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Christmas is a big thing for my family. On Christmas Eve we go to church and then to my paternal grandparents to celebrate with my Dad's family. (We used to go to midnight mass but one year my older sister got drunk off moonshine at our grandparents before going. Since then we've gone to 5:30 mass, less chance some one will be drunk). Christmas morning we get up and exchange gifts, then cook lunch. In the evening we celebrate with my mom's family. Its not really about the gifts for my family, (we barely have any) its more about being together. I would have given up all my presents 2 years ago if my sister could have made it home in time.
The religious aspect is there, trust me after 13 years of catholic schooling I'm very conscience of why we're celebrating on christmas
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:54 am

i think i want to go to church this christmas.
i mean, when i was little i was dead against it, but now, when im almos 20, i believe ive reached the mindset lol
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:00 am

Do estonians celebrate Christmas? I didn't think they did seeingthat it's kinda of a religious holiday; hmmm I didn't know

For Christmas we always have a HUGE family gathering, everyone from every generation gathers to feast Razz same for thanksgiving and new year

Christmas is superficial for me Razz sad to say; I know one day it will turn to a day of family ... I want to get the nicest present and give the nicest present. I have some high priced things on my list but I buy my own stuff, when it comes to giving I spend alot! I could create some glass etchings but I have lost my passion for art and haven't drawn in a long time :/
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

http://www.myspace.com/siberian777

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:13 am

mimi wrote:i think i want to go to church this christmas.
i mean, when i was little i was dead against it, but now, when im almos 20, i believe ive reached the mindset lol

That's cool....I guess it's funny how we change our minds has we grow older about stuff.LOL

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:57 pm

It doesn't snow in Christmas, it is actually pretty hot because it's summer, lol.
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:01 pm

My family love Christmas but I'm atheist and I'm always alone. My grandma isn't nice to me in question religion and this is horrible Sad
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:02 pm

MoonChildLuis wrote:

Do estonians celebrate Christmas? I didn't think they did seeingthat it's kinda of a religious holiday; hmmm I didn't know

For Christmas we always have a HUGE family gathering, everyone from every generation gathers to feast Razz same for thanksgiving and new year

Christmas is superficial for me Razz sad to say; I know one day it will turn to a day of family ... I want to get the nicest present and give the nicest present. I have some high priced things on my list but I buy my own stuff, when it comes to giving I spend alot! I could create some glass etchings but I have lost my passion for art and haven't drawn in a long time :/

we do yes, but most of the families dont do it out of religion. its just a holiday u know.
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:09 pm

KerliKoivPoland wrote:My family love Christmas but I'm atheist and I'm always alone. My grandma isn't nice to me in question religion and this is horrible Sad

that is sad to hear :[ Christmas to me is about peace and getting together with your loved ones, not religion.

I'm Buddhist and so is my family, Buddhist don't celebrate Christmas. But we still do because it brings peace and loved ones together.
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I agree about Christmas becoming about gifts and commercial things. It was so magical and wonderful to me when I was little and these days it just seems like all anyone is worried about is what they are going to get. Don't get me wrong, getting gifts is great, but it's not the most important thing. Christmas to me is the one time of year where I get to spend time with the majority of my family and do fun things together. Also, helping out other people in need to have a good Christmas too. I LOVE, love, love giving gifts to OTHER people. It makes me feel all mushy inside to give someone a well thought out gift and have them enjoy it Smile
Tara
Tara

https://www.facebook.com/beautiful86strange

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:26 am

Claudia wrote:
KerliKoivPoland wrote:My family love Christmas but I'm atheist and I'm always alone. My grandma isn't nice to me in question religion and this is horrible Sad

that is sad to hear :[ Christmas to me is about peace and getting together with your loved ones, not religion.

I'm Buddhist and so is my family, Buddhist don't celebrate Christmas. But we still do because it brings peace and loved ones together.
this is a normal :(Even in New Year's I was alone and I cried :(I'm atheist and people don't like atheist Sad
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:43 pm

That's really sad....people should't hate on atheist

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:07 am

butterflycry2010 are people when love atheistbut in my place... I know people and they don't like atheistbut is many people and they very like... only I don't know people...
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:45 am

yeah, it seems people will hate on any religion.

I don't think you really have to be a religions person to celbrite christmas,

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:44 am

religion doesn't important!!I feel that the most important is soul
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:50 am

nopes.............

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:46 pm

People over spend money on gifts.Just a hoilday for showing off and spending money we don't have. Very Happy or people are depressed because they don't have a lot of things can't buy nice gifts for people..Sometimes people just act so fake during this time. If you can't be nice and all during the whole year why just be like really nice in dec.

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:23 am

I'm going to spend this Christmas with my family on Helsinki like last time because my mom doesn't celebrate it AT ALL because of her religion, it's so annoying. I love Xmas and we're going to shopping stuff for the presents next week with my friends, going to get lot of glittery stuff to build up some nice jewelry as presents Smile.
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by eMAYPsIlOnEeR Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:35 am

We always spend Christmas the same way:
it's an event of three days in my family, the first one at my house,
the second and the third ones at my Granny's house.
It means to me to get back to my childhood,
to see all those warm lights again and the untouchable magic behind it.
I love being with all my relatives, because Christmas is the only day they do not argue.
I always get the most expensive presents I didn't even want...
It's a pity Kerli's second album will be released 2o11, I would have loved to find it under the tree this year...
I.L.U. ♥
eMAYPsIlOnEeR
eMAYPsIlOnEeR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down