Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer]

+18
Poetic
TheLastSongbird
Little Phoenix
EetuJaKeijut
MoonChildMeko
mimi
Spekt
ghost_flower
Lilee
electric_rhino
Claudia
Tyler
out of the hollow
Krissy
Dreamer
ladyxcabaret
Natt
cg360
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer] Empty Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer]

Post by cg360 Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:22 am

Kerli posted a link on her Facebook and Twitter today stating that, "The brand new promo for Smallville's final season is EPIC and exclusively at E! Online featuring Kerli's amazing take on the classic 'Nature Boy'!!!" The song was originally performed by Eden Ahbez in 1947 and has been covered by many dozens of artists, including Nat King Cole, becoming both a pop and jazz standard over time. The song was also featured in the 2001 movie "Moulin Rouge". Check out the sample of Kerli's rendition below! Very Happy

Lyrics:
There was a boy/ A very strange, enchanted boy/ They say he wandered very far, very far/ Over land and sea/ A little shy and sad of eye/ But very wise was he
And then one day/ A magic day he passed my way/ And while we spoke of many things/ Fools and kings/ This he said to me/ The greatest thing you'll ever learn/ Is just to love and be loved in return

The video:

And, the article:
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b200427_superman_returns_exclusive_last_first.html

Enjoy! Smile No copyright infringement intended.

Last edited by cg360 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

cg360

Back to top Go down

Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer] Empty Re: Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer]

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:29 am

I just saw it on her twitter and watched it. I think I liked it.

Back to top Go down

Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer] Empty Re: Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer]

Post by Natt Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:37 am

Yes, this was in Kerli twitter
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:38 am

I first heard the song while watching Moulin Rouge! and I was so excited when I saw Kerli post the lyrics on Twitter

Her version is beautiful <3
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:24 pm

I love it. Her voice really reminds me of Björk in it. I know they get compared a lot as is, but this song especially sounds like her.
Dreamer
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:32 pm

cool

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by cg360 Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Dreamer wrote:I love it. Her voice really reminds me of Björk in it. I know they get compared a lot as is, but this song especially sounds like her.

I thought so, too! Very peaceful, but yet edgy Smile

cg360

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Oh my God. Love it I love you Except I wished the preview would shutup so I could hear her. lol
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:36 pm

out of the hollow wrote:Oh my God. Love it I love you Except I wished the preview would shutup so I could hear her. lol

I was thinking the exact same thing! xD
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:47 pm

awesome...doesn't sound like kerli... Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer] Icon_biggrin like the song

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Actually, there was a rumor going around that this song will be on her new album. No credible resources have confirmed it though.
Tyler
Tyler
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Actually, according to a source at Island/DefJam records, whom I contacted today, this track is going to be on the new album. That's about as official a source as it gets. I run The Definitive Smallville Soundtrack, hence my calling the label.

-Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:59 am

So if it is going to be in the album (Somehow I don't feel like it is going to be) then we have a little idea of the theme for it.
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by electric_rhino Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:27 am

yeah, i know.
I love it, but it's not really KERLI, something feels a little off.

still, I can't get over how amazing this really is. I love you I love you I love you
electric_rhino
electric_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:28 am

Kerli said she'll try and let it be as a free download :]
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by electric_rhino Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:30 am

that just make it more amazing.
electric_rhino
electric_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:15 am

I love it! *__* I think it suits Kerli very well.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:24 am

It sounds like she is telling a fairytale

I <3 it, her voice suits the haunting melody.
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost_flower Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:38 am

It's so cool and magical!
I'm happy that we hear a new song,even if it's not gonna be on the album.
ghost_flower
ghost_flower

http://ghost-flower.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer] Empty Kerli's Song "Nature Boy" on Smallville

Post by Natt Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Wow. Nature Boy in album.. this is awesomeHere is post from Kerli's blog on MySpace about it: Kerli's Song "Nature Boy" on SmallvilleTelevision spots for the CW's show Smallville, which premiers September 24th, features a new song creation from Kerli called "Nature Boy". Check out the spot here :

Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer] Kerli_10
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekt Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:54 pm

If they are using the song for a TV show, wouldn't there be a copywrite issue on letting her use it for her album? I mean Smallville probably paid her to write the song and now owns the rights to use it, so she wouldn't be able to use it for herself if they did.
Spekt
Spekt

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Spekt wrote:If they are using the song for a TV show, wouldn't there be a copywrite issue on letting her use it for her album? I mean Smallville probably paid her to write the song and now owns the rights to use it, so she wouldn't be able to use it for herself if they did.

Nature Boy wasn't written by Kerli lol
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 pm

thats a very good point..
plus guys... do u think the label would release a song thats on the album before anything is really officially out?
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Nature Boy isn't Kerli's song, why would it be on her album?

and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't tell us on Formspring that she's trying to make it a free download if she wasn't allowed to give it out.
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:05 pm

I saw the Smallville trailer. I love that show, but you just made it more awesome! You sung "Nature Boy" beautifully. So ethereal and enchanting. How can we get the song?

I think there's gonna be a free giveaway for you guys. we're trying to make that happen <3

So I'm guessing it'll be a free giveaway?
Claudia
Claudia

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Maybe.
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by cg360 Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:20 pm

The CW trailer link is now on YouTube with much higher quality vocals Smile I'm changing the inital YouTube embedded video link, but you can also check it out here:

cg360

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:31 am

SEE THE NEW SMALLVILLE TEN TRAILER WITH MUSIC BY KERLI!

Celebrate the final season of SMALLVILLE with a brand new trailer full of iconic clips from the show’s ten-year history. Featuring music from Kerli, the trailer is the best way to get ready for the season premiere of SMALLVILLE on Friday, Sept. 24. Kerli’s cover of the jazz standard “Nature Boy” sets the tone for the story of Clark Kent’s journey from a boy to the greatest hero the world has ever known.See the trailer now, and learn more about Kerli below. Become a fan of SMALLVILLE on Facebook, and become a fan of Kerli on Facebook.Born in Elva, Estonia, a tiny, then-Soviet occupied town of 5,000 people in the forest, Kerli grew up with a dream to escape from her surroundings.“I’m a passionate person,” declares the blonde-haired beauty, who once drew a picture in a diary when she was 13 that depicted her going to America. “Where I come from, it was a shame to show your emotions. You could never be too happy, because something bad might happen. I wanted to live every moment. I looked around me, and it was beautiful, but I wanted something more.”Ignoring material comforts and new clothes for lessons in singing, ballet, acting and classical piano, at fourteen Kerli entered and won Euroalaul, an annual televised competition to select a song to represent Estonia in the Eurovision Song Contest. After the win, she decided to concentrate on singing.“I haven’t had a single dream that hasn’t come true,” says Kerli of her remarkable path, which led to her auditioning for Island Def Jam Chairman Antonio “L.A.” Reid who signed her on the spot.Her debut album “Love Is Dead” earned her a large worldwide fan base and led to major television appearances and radio presence both domestically and abroad.The success of this album culminated in her wining a 2010 EBBA (European Border Breaker Award) and sparked the interest of Alice in Wonderland director, Tim Burton.Burton later requested that Kerli work on the film by lending her vocals to the Almost Alice soundtrack in which she contributed two tracks “Tea Party” and “Strange”, a duet with Tokio Hotel.“The moment you really let go, that’s when something comes to you” says Kerli on her growing success and with her long awaited second album due this fall she is definitely ready to take it the next level, “The bigger the dream, the more time it takes to come true”.

http://blog.cwtv.com/2010/09/16/see-the-new-smallville-ten-trailer-with-music-by-kerli/

EDIT:

Nature Boy gonna be part of your new album?

nope

http://www.formspring.me/bubblegoth/q/1140126617
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:23 am

KerliKoivPoland wrote:Nature Boy gonna be part of your new album?

nope

http://www.formspring.me/bubblegoth/q/1140126617

I didn't think so, I don't see why Kerli would want a cover on her album.
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by cg360 Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:25 am

ladyxcabaret wrote:I didn't think so, I don't see why Kerli would want a cover on her album.

Especially after all she's said about cowritten songs... I'd say expect it as a promo or a free download Smile

cg360

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:34 am

I hope they'll let her give it out!
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:46 am

free d/l be nice

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by cg360 Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:05 am

Awesome. I thought it would be a promo single because Meko posted the cover... I'll be putting on that cover anyway!! Laughing

cg360

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:31 am

can't waite

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:05 am

I'm surprised their not gonna make it available on iTunes. I'm sure that's what Smallville's reps want but it doesn't matter to me as long as I get the full version soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:07 am

ya thats odd they are not doing that.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:08 am

^ I'd pay for it Razz Why are companies so weird about putting songs up for download on iTunes? Is it that difficult or expensive?
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:09 am

Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer] Icon_biggrin ya thats odd they are not doing that. Nature Boy (Eden Ahbez Cover) [as featured in the Smallville season 10 trailer] Icon_biggrin

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:17 am

I think a lot of companies and artists like to put songs on iTunes and others don't because they don't get paid how they want too. iTunes does things their own way, I remember Prince didn't like how iTunes won't pay in advance so he refused to put his CD on iTunes.

Back to top Go down

Post by cg360 Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:19 am

out of the hollow wrote:^ I'd pay for it Razz Why are companies so weird about putting songs up for download on iTunes? Is it that difficult or expensive?

It costs a fee to put stuff up on iTunes? Wow, I wonder how much my friends paid to put their CDs up... Shocked

cg360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:22 am

^ You don't have to pay but you don't get paid in advance. I guess other places pay you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:28 am

^^ Oh, I have no idea , lol. I'm just trying to figure out why more stuff isn't purchasable on iTunes and the only reason I can come up with is because they're afraid it would cost more to sell than it would make in sales.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:31 am

I bet you can google it. There is a lot of info about their about iTunes business practices.

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:31 am

darksideofthesun wrote:I think a lot of companies and artists like to put songs on iTunes and others don't because they don't get paid how they want too. iTunes does things their own way, I remember Prince didn't like how iTunes won't pay in advance so he refused to put his CD on iTunes.

Oh, ok. It makes sense now. It is a money thing then.

But still frustrating. Rolling Eyes
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:34 am

But is clear now - its not going to be the album as she said it on formspring!
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:42 am

mimi wrote:But is clear now - its not going to be the album as she said it on formspring!

We know (: We were talking about the CW putting up the song to promote Smallville on iTunes
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by cg360 Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:55 am

darksideofthesun wrote:^ You don't have to pay but you don't get paid in advance. I guess other places pay you in advance.

Ohh... Huh Surprised

out of the hollow wrote:^^ Oh, I have no idea , lol. I'm just trying to figure out why more stuff isn't purchasable on iTunes and the only reason I can come up with is because they're afraid it would cost more to sell than it would make in sales.

Because they get leaked, maybe? I don't really know... But, I guess, people do like shiny things. In this case, the shiny thing is the collectible b-side... Oh, forget it Laughing

cg360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:04 am

^ I mean you don't have to pay to put your songs on iTunes but you don't get paid in advance. Like with Prince, he didn't like how iTunes won't pay in advance so he refused to put his CD on iTunes. I think other places you advance. Maybe stores buy the CD from you, then sell it? I'm not really sure about how all this works.

I'm sorry sometimes I have a hard time explaining things.

Back to top Go down

Post by cg360 Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:24 pm

darksideofthesun wrote:^ I mean you don't have to pay to put your songs on iTunes but you don't get paid in advance. Like with Prince, he didn't like how iTunes won't pay in advance so he refused to put his CD on iTunes. I think other places you advance. Maybe stores buy the CD from you, then sell it? I'm not really sure about how all this works. I'm sorry sometimes I have a hard time explaining things.

No, it's okay! I perfectly understood. The "huh!" was a curious "huh". I find it interesting Smile

cg360

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't read it like that but I get it now. Yeah I'm kinda curious about it too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next