Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I Really The only person who does not like?

+20
Forace
lyndseyjoy
Creationist
JaneLove
alis18
ChicaLuna
jennicakes
loonylovegood
MoonChildLuis
Claudia
out of the hollow
ghost_flower
Krissy
Gretta
pixiedust19
Poetic
Little Phoenix
ladyxcabaret
Lilee
mimi
24 posters

Go down

Harry Potter VS Twlight/new moon?

Am I Really The only person who does not like? Vote_lcap31%Am I Really The only person who does not like? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 8 ]
Am I Really The only person who does not like? Vote_lcap46%Am I Really The only person who does not like? Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 12 ]
Am I Really The only person who does not like? Vote_lcap0%Am I Really The only person who does not like? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Am I Really The only person who does not like? Vote_lcap23%Am I Really The only person who does not like? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 6 ]
Am I Really The only person who does not like? Vote_lcap0%Am I Really The only person who does not like? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 26

Am I Really The only person who does not like? Empty Am I Really The only person who does not like?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:33 am

Harry Potter or Twlight books? I don't get or understand what's so hot about them.Mybe cuz iam not a teen anymore. LOL.

Back to top Go down

Am I Really The only person who does not like? Empty Re: Am I Really The only person who does not like?

Post by mimi Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:45 am

i love the concept of harry potter and i dont mind watching the films or talking about the books. ive only read the first book though. i think its brilliant.

and i love the twilight saga - stephenie meyer writes BEAUTIFULLY. the wording in the books is just.. breath taking, in my opinion. and why not have films about unconditional love? yeah vampires and werewolves.. but it all comes down to love.. so i dont see why people are hating them.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Am I Really The only person who does not like? Empty Re: Am I Really The only person who does not like?

Post by Lilee Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:02 am

Twilight wasn't that bad. I liked all the books minus the last one which was awful. Twilight has a terrible fan base now, though. I remember getting made fun of for reading those books, then the movie comes out 4 years later and all the people who made fun of me are suddenly obsessed with it? O_o;

I can't say much for Harry Potter however. All the Harry Potter fans I know dress up like wizards and speak in over exaggerated British accents about stuff called "Dumbledork". I'm afraid to know what's in those books to make people act like that... xD (no offense to all the Potter fans)
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:12 am

I adore Harry Potter. I don't mind Twilight.
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:12 am

ladyxcabaret wrote:I adore Harry Potter. I don't mind Twilight.
couldn't agree more
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:21 am

haha i have the same thing with the twilight BOOKS. i love the books, not the movies.

but yeah. i read them when they weren't popular and noone knew about twilight. and suddenly pooof!
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:53 am

^So did I o.0 THEN IT WAS EVERYWHERE

The movies are decent. The first was terrible, the second was ok, and the third was really good. lulz
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm not a HUGE fan of either. I think they're good, but the hype over them makes them unreadable. The Hunger Games series though...
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust19 Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:06 pm

I've never read the Harry Potter books and I've only seen 2 of the movies, so i can't really say my opinion on them x]]

as for the Twilight Saga. I've read all the books and seen the 3 movies and I absolutely LOVED them.
Not my favorite though. But i still love them xD

pixiedust19

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretta Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:55 am

me too! Very Happy
the only thing I HATE about twilight is all those crazy fans and all that "team Edward vs team Jacob" bullsh*t. it really annoys me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Ox9VOEKoo

LIKE SERIOUSLY!!!! lol!
Gretta
Gretta

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:15 am

don't read them.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:54 am

my friend is obessed with them..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:50 am

Gretta wrote:

me too! Very Happy
the only thing I HATE about twilight is all those crazy fans and all that "team Edward vs team Jacob" bullsh*t. it really annoys me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8Ox9VOEKoo

LIKE SERIOUSLY!!!! lol!

I hate the Twilight fans AND the haters. lmao

The haters pay more attention to it than the fans do xD
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost_flower Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:34 am

I saw the HP movies and i loved them.
I read the 4 twilight books (i agree with mimi,they are breath taking) and i saw the movies.
Why hate something that is beautiful just because is popular? I don't like those crazy fans either but you can't control them or anything...
ghost_flower
ghost_flower

http://ghost-flower.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:01 pm

I like Harry Potter. I couldn't not, I "grew up" reading Harry Potter Very Happy

I'm not that big of a Twilight fan, though.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:35 pm

I read the twilight series, I was a fan but not much anymore. I'm more of the yeah-I-don't-really-care type now. The books are well written though, but since Twilight became popular vampires have gotten popular and there is a lot of vampire novels.

I'm kinda sick of reading vampire books because it's now too boring for me, I'm craving for zombies.

For Harry Potter I never got interested in them and I don't think I will.

Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:15 am

I think harry potter is boring...& i don't really like the Twilight stuff. Not my thing at all....

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildLuis Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:15 pm

I possibly would have like twilight if it wasn't for those crazy fans. But I can kinda understand the extremity those people have for it, it can be compared to how I feel about Kerli. But I like the hp series and the movies, well some of them... Razz
MoonChildLuis
MoonChildLuis

http://www.myspace.com/siberian777

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:31 pm

ya, it sure has crazy fans lol

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by loonylovegood Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:42 pm

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. i got into it a few years ago, i think the books are filled with brilliance and imagination, JK Rowling is an AMAZING author! I love the balance between good and bad in the books, and how it all boils down to love and friendship. I will always love Harry Potter.

As for twilight, i read it about 4 years ago before the movies came out, and i thought the first book was absolute sh*t (not gonna lie). but then i got really into new moon, because i love jacob. but i don't understand why people like twilight so much. i don't feel like it has as much substance as most books like HP or LOTR, and Bella just bothers me.

the movies are alright, but i think they could have picked much better actors...
loonylovegood
loonylovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:37 am

like ur honest answer's

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:04 am

I think HP books are cute. They're something children culd read but Twilight saga...umm...I head from somewhere that there's some placenta eating going on...??? Not something kids would want to read...

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:02 pm

That's true..Think twilight is probly bette for teens+....

Well least the books get teens to read and kids too,

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by jennicakes Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:46 am

loonylovegood wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. i got into it a few years ago, i think the books are filled with brilliance and imagination, JK Rowling is an AMAZING author! I love the balance between good and bad in the books, and how it all boils down to love and friendship. I will always love Harry Potter.

As for twilight, i read it about 4 years ago before the movies came out, and i thought the first book was absolute sh*t (not gonna lie). but then i got really into new moon, because i love jacob. but i don't understand why people like twilight so much. i don't feel like it has as much substance as most books like HP or LOTR, and Bella just bothers me.

the movies are alright, but i think they could have picked much better actors...

I agree with you exactly except for the part about new moon, because I quit after Twilight. Didn't seem worth it haha
jennicakes
jennicakes

http://www.sweetvoices.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretta Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:07 am

loonylovegood wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. i got into it a few years ago, i think the books are filled with brilliance and imagination, JK Rowling is an AMAZING author! I love the balance between good and bad in the books, and how it all boils down to love and friendship. I will always love Harry Potter.

I fall in love with Harry Potter books this summer lol! i always had Chamber of Secrets but I never really had the patience to read it Very Happy this year though, I was bored, I read it - I LOVED it Very Happy i read all 7 books and 2 others by JK Rowling ("Fantastic beasts and where to find them", "The tales of Beedle the Bard")

oh, and by the way, LOONA LOVEGOOD IS MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER! lol!
Gretta
Gretta

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyxcabaret Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Gretta wrote:

I fall in love with Harry Potter books this summer lol! i always had Chamber of Secrets but I never really had the patience to read it Very Happy this year though, I was bored, I read it - I LOVED it Very Happy i read all 7 books and 2 others by JK Rowling ("Fantastic beasts and where to find them", "The tales of Beedle the Bard")

oh, and by the way, LOONA LOVEGOOD IS MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER! lol!

*cough*Luna*cough*

*runs off*

Razz
ladyxcabaret
ladyxcabaret

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicaLuna Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Love HP. Hate Twilight.
ChicaLuna
ChicaLuna

https://dedomhnaigh.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by alis18 Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:52 pm

mmm i have read all the books of twilight but i'm not like a huge fan
i mean i guess i just read them because it was popular.
And i have seen all the movies but whatever..i'm not a huge fan..

and Harry Potter.. i haven't read the books nor seen the movies..i don't really like...for me is just boringxDDDD
alis18
alis18

https://www.facebook.com/aliciangli

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Hahaha It's funny how people ask if I am a fan of either two and I just usaually reply like this "nah I'm a Skulduggery Pleasant fan, yeah a sarcastic skeleton who is a detective is better then a sparkly idiot or a boy who miraculous lived."

both are good writers though x3
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneLove Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:51 am

I don't really care.

Twilight fans make me crazy. I like Twilight, but I can't stand the fanbase. I read some of HP, but I couldn't really get into it. I'm not sure how people dressing up as wizards and screaming fake spells in over-exaggerated British accents is better than a bunch of screaming fangirls.

Sure, Twilight is a bit ridiculous, but I just see it as a story of unconditional love and devotion.
JaneLove
JaneLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Creationist Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:35 pm

I don' like Twilight movies, and I didn't read books 'cause they're always out in my library so I can't judge it. But as I heard lot of Twilight fans say's that books are better. And before, like, 2 years I was in love in HP. I read all books and I still really like them but not as much as I used to.
Creationist
Creationist

Back to top Go down

Post by lyndseyjoy Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:23 pm

i freaking love harry potter .
i enjoy the twilight saga too, but harry potter has way more
depth, thought, and it's just way more amazing all around.
lyndseyjoy
lyndseyjoy

https://www.facebook.com/lyndseyjoypederson

Back to top Go down

Post by Forace Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:26 pm

I have all the HP books, and I love them. Not too crazy about the movies though, but they're OK. Me and my dad are the HP fans of the family :D
As for Twilight, I haven't read any of the books and I'm too scared to even begin, because Stephen King (me and dad like him too) says Meyer's writing sucks xD And I've seen the first two movies and I didn't like them at all :/ It's nice that Meyer is trying to think of something original to add to the vampire/werewolf myths, but... Why change something that has always been what it has, brutal and scary... I mean... TEAM DRACULA!
Forace
Forace

http://forace.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 pm

I've read both, Harry Potter is the winner. I love those books, they're well written and just plain amazing. Although I did feel Ginny character should have been developed more.
The Twilight series... I enjoyed them, they weren't thought provoking or anything and they seemed more like a fanfic author than a paid writer wrote them. Especially the last book. I feel as you get older most began to realize how anti-feminist and poorly written they are. When I was 15 they were great at 20, they're just there. And I hate her depiction of vamps, they're suppose to be scary and sexual and not glittery
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:21 am

I watched HP and Twillight and hate both
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AntiverseMoonchild Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:00 am

+1 for new moon/twilight

Yuck..
AntiverseMoonchild
AntiverseMoonchild

http://www.formspring.me/AntiverseMC

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:02 am

Never really cared for both,but I love that Harry Potter really grew over a decade and that they didn't change the actors ..
I think the Twilight Saga films are weak,I guess the books are so much better and even though my favorite actress Bryce Dallas Howard was involved in ECLIPSE,i disliked it a lot..well,yeah,but of course if people like it,i don't mind,i'm not like a hater..
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:03 am

books are usually better.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down