Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change is scary

+3
Ragdoll*Bunny
Krissy
mimi
7 posters

Go down

Change is scary Empty Change is scary

Post by mimi Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:08 am

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Since I was little I saw many abusive relationships and situations. And I was always wondering why people kept living the same way and not changing anything.
But now I actually understand

Change is horribly hard

I have always believed in following your dreams
but lately I have realized that sometimes you gotta check if your dreams are still working for you

it’s like when you’ve got something set in your mind,
it’s like a bird that u put in a cage and stop from flying.

a bad job
or a bad relationship
or a bad habit

And we are so scared of letting go. Because we like familiar. We like our shitty weekly routine that makes us continuously unhappy.

People are scared of death. They are scared of death even in the littlest most insignificant way

death of a bad job
or a bad relationship
or a bad habit

It’s still a death. U mourn. U ask..."what if". "What if it had lasted longer....".

But how can without a death there be a new life? It’s like trees changing leaves. Like the winter killing life so it could be born again in spring. It is so necessary.

I think we all need to clean up our life from time to time. Get rid of old habits, old thoughts and old relationships that doesn’t serve any purpose anymore.
That sweater that u haven’t worn for five years IS pretty sweet and dear but do u still wear it? Not really, right? So just throw it away. fuck it.

I made a promise to myself this new years eve. I quit smoking cigarettes and I decided to let go of all the people in my life who bring me down.
It’s not mean or selfish in any way. You simply wish them all the best from the bottom of your heart and let go. They have got their own paths to walk. And when you already gave them what u needed to give them, u are actually doing them a favor - they can as well go and find what they need NOW

Nothing really stops us from living the life we wanna live. We just have to take risks and trust ourselves. People are always looking for answers everywhere else. We know what is right but we are trying to talk ourselves out of it. There is nobody who knows better than YOU who you are and what you need. So listen to the one who knows the best.

The bigger the risk, the bigger the jackpot
the bigger the dream, the more time it takes
the bigger the love, the more painful the heartbreak.
But it makes YOU strong. And you are gonna love yourself because u and the universe is all you have then.

and when you do - u understand that when they talk about paradise, they mean earth.

Just look around.

Love You!

k
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Change is scary Empty Re: Change is scary

Post by Krissy Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:01 pm

wow~ good advice...Good thinking. sometimes its hard to change bad habits but sometimes we need to kick the bad habits. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:24 pm

I really have to again agree with ya!....I was thinking the same!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:08 pm

she's so right, not only once i faced situations when people are so scared of changes despite they actually want to live different life. we need to be brave to be happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:48 pm

every time somebody comments on one of her blog entries i quickly look through the blog myself too.. and now im wondering why i haven't read her blogs in such a long time.

they're like a good book or smth.. u just keep reading them over and over again
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:14 pm

I just read this today and her words hit me so hard I cried because I still have a lot of issues in my life that I know I have to let go (but I am very hateful towards change). Especially in my relationship. I showed this to my boyfriend telling him that it was from Kerli's blog (he knows about her too). We had a nice talk and he can see how I feel through her words. I hope that we can work things out in the future and try it all before we decide if we have to part. Last year I had to dump most of my friends and seeing this it relates to me so much. I'm glad I read this one.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:55 pm

^Yes, yes, yes. I've realized that lately. I used to wonder why I stayed in past abusive relationships, even though I was miserable. It was because I just wanted what I was used to. Funny thing happened...in both cases...I didn't take my chance to get out, so a little later on, at the breaking point, it seemed like someone up there made it come to an end not by my hand. At first I hated it but now I realize it was for the better. Smile

...and that's what I've been doing lately...out with the old, in with the new me <3
Tara
Tara

https://www.facebook.com/beautiful86strange

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovemuffin Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:06 am

I have a hard time with change too.
Like as soon as that idea is brought up, i completely shove it out...which is wrong.
But in a way i'm learning to cop with change with my "friends". i've lost a ton of friends and even purposely, pushed some away i'll admit, because i'm sick of certain "Friends" bullshit.
I try to cut people out of my life if they bring me down too and make me not happy. But the thing is, once i cut all those people from life..[friends] i have none left. I have no friends left. This is true but also sad. Hopefully i can make more friends who will be supportive of me, and be kind and make me enjoy their company. I'm getting my first job this summer, [finally able at the age of 16 Smile)) eep!] i'm nervous and afraid i might hate it completely, because i have a tad bit of issues with people actually. but hopefully their are some kind people at my job that will be friendly and nice Surprised
hope sooo..
and yesh... Kerli's blog ARE like a good book, or something:) she's totally right
Lovemuffin
Lovemuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by mother_snyder Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:10 am

I have been stagnant for so long. Not knowing how to change or to afraid to. And becoming a moonchild has helped me to start to change my life and it feels Great! And its all thanks kerli I find so much strength from her. My first change and show the world im changing was my hair. Its blue and pink. And that has opened the door to other things. Ilu
mother_snyder
mother_snyder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovemuffin Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:09 pm

mother_snyder wrote:I have been stagnant for so long. Not knowing how to change or to afraid to. And becoming a moonchild has helped me to start to change my life and it feels Great! And its all thanks kerli I find so much strength from her. My first change and show the world im changing was my hair. Its blue and pink. And that has opened the door to other things. Ilu

That's an amazing thing! woot! Very Happy
Go you!!!!Smile

And i had to comment back to yours because blue and pink hair?!!?! how EPIC, lol
I've always wanted to dye my hair blue and pink Smile

Hard to keep up with? i know, i know, probably a stupid question Razz
Lovemuffin
Lovemuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by mother_snyder Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:10 pm

You should do it then. Im so happy did and its real easy to care for. And the pink is black light sentive, they have so many cool colors out now. And I did get the bad reaction I thought I would. A few times people have given me dirty looks the postive things out way them. And now I smile when I look in the mirror.
Lovemuffin wrote:
mother_snyder wrote:I have been stagnant for so . Not knowing how to change or to afraid to. And becoming a moonchild has helped me to start to change my life and it feels Great! And its all thanks kerli I find so much strength from her. My first change and show the world im changing was my hair. Its blue and pink. And that has opened the door to other things. Ilu

That's an amazing thing! woot! Very Happy
Go you!!!!Smile

And i had to comment back to yours because blue and pink hair?!!?! how EPIC, lol
I've always wanted to dye my hair blue and pink Smile

Hard to keep up with? i know, i know, probably a stupid question Razz
mother_snyder
mother_snyder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunachild Wed May 04, 2011 3:22 pm

That was the best advice I've ever had. Most people just tell me to deal with certain things and to just stay the same. Change is really scary in my opinion but slowly I think I can learn to accept it and not fear it.
lunachild
lunachild

Location : Taking a walk on that little beach somewhere on the peaceful island in my mind...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down