Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Hidden Toychest"

Go down

"The Hidden Toychest" Empty "The Hidden Toychest"

Post by matthewlightbody Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Hello everyone :-)

My name is Matt and I have been a huge kerli fan for a really long time. With her I finally feel understood and like somebody is listening. When I heard about this I was excited to sign up and just share my thoughts with other people who might care to listen and to also get a chance to listen to others stories and thoughts.

The past year and a half for me has been a rough one. I lost alot of good friends and I went through the trials and pittsfalls of love...twice. I in a way, I lost myself and I became to involved in the things that were going on around me and not paying attention to myself or what I really wanted in my life. I was making everyone else happy and in the process... I lost who I really was.

I decided to take some time away from everyone. I literally spent a good three months just focusing on school and coming home and working on building myself back up. I didnt party anymore and I didnt do much. I needed the time to learn my morals and values again so that I could in turn give myself back to others. I decided that I needed to get all of the feelings I had in me out in some way. I decided to start writing poems to help me get everything out of me. At the end, it turned into a serious of poems that became a whole. I realized that the theme that I was seeing in the poems was me just learning about life and "growing up". It was about making mistakes and getting back to the person I was before all these bad things happened. I turned these poems into a little book called "The Hidden Toychest". The main point of it is to show what lessons I have learned while growing up and getting back to my inner child and always knowing there is magic all around me even if its not obvious. Life is magical and you just have to create it. Life is hard and it teaches you lessons with things you dont really notice. I guess its a hard concept to understand but once you read them I think you will get it :-) I hope you enjoy and tell me what you think!

<3
matthewlightbody
matthewlightbody

https://facebook.com/matthew.lightbody

Back to top Go down