Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think before you say!

4 posters

Go down

Think before you say! Empty Think before you say!

Post by mimi Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:51 am

Postimees Arter, 12th of December 2009

Sometimes it's hard to find time for yourself. The radio is playing when we drive to work in the mornings. Some guy who is really sad in real life, speaks nonsense in between the 3 and a half minute long songs, so that the drivers wouldn't fall asleep. Then to work. Then home to watch TV. A new tragedy is on the television. Economical slump, flu epidemic, soap opera and reality shows, where the naivest are gathered, filmed and then the most provocative clips are put together. Quite many get hurt so what. At least it sells.

And so every day.

Our minds are bombed from every direction. Women should be beautiful and men should be rich. Expectations. Opinions. No wonder that sometimes we don't notice how humanity and the love for others disappears in the midst of this craziness. The more you criticise your surroundings, the less you are happy with yourself. Because if everything was super all the time, there wouldn't be nothing to complain about. I went to the American music awards. I didn't like noone. The same old producers, the same PR-Tricks. I travel the world thinking, this is lame and that's pointless.
Then one day I was watching myself and found out that I have become someone I don't want to be. Much wiser than I was before but I had nothing nice to say about anything. I felt hypocritical because I didn't follow the things I stood for.
Until I went to see the Disney company boss. You know, Hannah Montana, The Jonas Brothers, High School Musical etc.
Anyway, everyhing that makes us want to put our fingers in our throats. I was expecting a guy who looks like pedofile. Someone who makes money off children and wants to destroy the world but as it turned out, he was a really proper family-man whose warm appearance surprised me. Cynical me.
He really wanted to do something good and produce something that doesn't talk about partying and what little children could sing along to harmlessly.
And then I understood how stupid it is to have an opinion without knowing the background. How stupid it was of me to judge a person without knowing anything about him or his life.
Every success needs tears and compromises. You can't get anything what you haven't earned. Somebody wants to make a scandal like fireworks. Burn fast and bright. Another one works silently until gets on top of the mountain. They're both genius but the judgement of value is different. One wants to become the President, another raise children at home. One is not more important than the other, they're both important to someone. The president also had a mother and without a mother there wouldn't be a president today.
Inside, every person seeks for one thing - love. We are just looking for it through different channels. In reality, we're not so different. We are all fragile. One may hide their red eyes with sunglasses and others may cry their tears into a 20 year old pillow. But the tears are the same - salty.
I hope from now on, others and I will think before I say. Understand the heart and judge less.
I wish everybody a beautiful christmas time, time for reflecting and lot's of friendliness.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Think before you say! Empty Re: Think before you say!

Post by butterflycryx3 Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:16 am

That's a beautiful blog entry.. and it's true! we shouldn't really judge.
butterflycryx3
butterflycryx3

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:28 am

butterflycryx3 wrote:That's a beautiful blog entry.. and it's true! we shouldn't really judge.

Yes, I love read blog Kerli.
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflycryx3 Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Same :]
butterflycryx3
butterflycryx3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:00 pm

I agree,never judge a book by it's cover.

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:22 pm

beautiful_inside09 wrote:I agree,never judge a book by it's cover.

yes! it sucks when people do that. it sucks when people do it to you.
i remember when i had my first day at college. i was in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language. i had my face full of piercings and i was wearing all black and dots on my face.
and for like.. 2 months nobody even talked to me Shocked
later on they started to get to know me and said that.. u know.. u're actually cool.
ive never had LOADS of friends and i dont want lot's of friends. i have couple of best friends who would die for me. and im happy with it..

but it still hurts when you're being judged just by your appearance Sad
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:36 am

Unfortunately for the people the most important is appearance
external but the most beautiful is apperence inside
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:53 am

Our minds are bombed from every direction. Women should be beautiful and men should be rich. Expectations. Opinions. No wonder that sometimes we don't notice how humanity and the love for others disappears in the midst of this craziness. The more you criticise your surroundings, the less you are happy with yourself. Because if everything was super all the time, there wouldn't be nothing to complain about.

Oh, how well I understand this feeling. But, what I try to remember is, if there were no negatives in life, then we wouldn't realise how beautiful the positives truly are. The nights when you cry into your pillow because you feel that life is pointless are balanced by the days when somebody shows you kindness and love, and you realise that you are so lucky to be alive; to feel at all, whether it's happiness, love, or sadness.

mimi wrote:yes! it sucks when people do that. it sucks when people do it to you.
i remember when i had my first day at college. i was in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language. i had my face full of piercings and i was wearing all black and dots on my face.
later on they started to get to know me and said that.. u know.. u're actually cool.
ive never had LOADS of friends and i dont want lot's of friends. i have couple of best friends who would die for me. and im happy with it..

The way that some people think they can judge someone from a first glimpse sickens me. It's the same with me. When most people first meet me, they seem to think "She doesn't want to talk to anyone. She doesn't want to make friends" without stopping to think WHY I might be quiet and shy. I've put up with a lot of crap from people who haven't been bothered to try and start a conversation and get to know me before; those who have just seemed to think "She's different. I don't like that. I won't accept her. Instead, I'm going to pick on her and isolate her for it." People don't care any more...

On the positive side, the people on this forum do care. Mimi, we would have so much to talk about if I ever met you...actually, when I meet you. When you come back to England, no matter what, I'm so going to meet up with you Very Happy
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:51 pm

mimi wrote:
beautiful_inside09 wrote:I agree,never judge a book by it's cover.

yes! it sucks when people do that. it sucks when people do it to you.

That's sad how people treat people just cuz they way some one looks. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:44 pm

well never judge a person...............That's just wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum