Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My cards :)

+4
Gretta
butterflycryx3
Natt
out of the hollow
8 posters

Go down

My cards :) Empty My cards :)

Post by out of the hollow Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:32 am

I finally got time to work on them! I'm done with the computer editing part... If I have time I might print them out and decorate them some more.. Wink Anyway:

My cards :) Integrity1

My cards :) Love1

My cards :) Unity1

They were all made from my old photographs (I wanted to do a whole new shoot, but I haven't had the time Crying or Very sad ). About the photo selections:

Integrity
Integrity is about staying true to yourself. So I chose a picture of ivy leaves that stay green all year long - even in winter, even in the snow - to represent that just like ivy, we can stay true to ourselves and survive through anything.

Love
There's kind of a lot going on in this card.
First off, I think that love is a gift. So this is a picture of my grandmother holding a buttercup out like a little offering, to show that love is a pretty and delicate present that we should value and respect. And it's not a rose from a florist, it's some crappy little weed flower that she picked from her yard, to show that love is everywhere.. it's not just for lucky or special people.. it's for everyone as long as you look for it and embrace it and see it for what it is.
I think of her hands as protecting the flower.. Because that's another part of love, love makes you feel protected and safe.
Also, I think she might be wearing her wedding ring on her left ring finger. My grandfather passed away in 1999, so I think that's symbolic of the everlasting quality of love.
This was originally a black and white photograph but I turned it pink/purple/warm yellow because those are the warm fuzzy colors that make me think of love. Smile
And finally, it's personally symbolic to me that my grandmother is on this card. Because she took care of me when I was a kid and she always made me feel loved and wanted.

Unity
This picture symbolizes unity to me because I feel like we're all spokes on a wheel. Our conscious minds are on the outside of the wheel. We ride up and down on the wheel, like how we go through life, and we never know that we're really together, joined at the center. But we are all really connected. And because we are, the wheel works, and life works; we can keep going up and down, and move through life, and that's what makes the world and the wheel go around and around.
I was also really attracted to any pictures of circles and circular objects for this card. Because perfect circles are great symbols for unity - all the points are joined together to make the circle. And all the points are the same distance from the center, because we are all equal. So even though you can't actually see the whole circular wheel, that was an integral part of the wheel as a symbol.

I hope you guys like them I love you I put a lot of love into them. Let me know what you think Smile

Edit:

I'm cutting this way too close for comfort, but here are my final versions. I didn't know if I would have time to do this or not.. fortunately, BARELY, I did.

My cards :) Final

My cards :) Integrity-final

My cards :) Love-final

My cards :) Unity-final

Printed out, given borders, and painted to be sparkly in all of the bright areas. Excuse the bad pictures, bad lighting, and ugly carpet!

Whew....

Last edited by out of the hollow on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Final versions added)
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

My cards :) Empty Re: My cards :)

Post by Natt Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:37 am

Interesting idea. My fav is Love
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflycryx3 Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:10 am

They're simple and beautiful - I love them Smile
butterflycryx3
butterflycryx3

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:18 am

Thanks Very Happy
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretta Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:45 am

wow, love them Very Happy
Gretta
Gretta

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:39 am

beautiful!!!
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by pomelo Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:57 am

they're really nice! :]
i love the explanations you have for them
pomelo
pomelo

http://kdpinay.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:17 am

These are so beautiful! You put a lot of thought into them and they're really really beautiful. I love them!
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:00 am

Thanks again guys Embarassed Very Happy Glad you like them!! Very Happy

@ pomelo: I've been staring at the sentence in your signature for days and not getting it and finally just now figured it out! lol
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:59 pm

wow

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down