Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"sex" sells?

+8
EetuJaKeijut
electric_rhino
Krissy
Lisadeluxee
butterflycryx3
Dawty
joseph325625
Claudia
12 posters

Go down

"sex" sells?  Empty "sex" sells?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:59 pm

What do you think about female singer's who use sex to sell albums? I think it's wrong.I don't agree with it. I don't have repect for women who do that.Nothing wrong be sexy. Just no need to go over the top...the voice should be what sells the music.not the body or looks. ok fine some female's do need to use sex to sell cuz they suck at singing..but yeah! what do you think?

Back to top Go down

"sex" sells?  Empty Re: "sex" sells?

Post by Claudia Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:20 pm

I totally agree with you.

A lot of singers rely on lot of electronics in their music, their voice is edited to 'perfection' on the album and yet they sound horrible singing live. There is only a few that can sing as good as they are in their album.

Lady Gaga sounds monotone when she sings live.
Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph325625 Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:27 pm

its sad what ever happened to being classy?
joseph325625
joseph325625

http://www.myspace.com/400641326

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawty Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:02 am

Claudia wrote:

lolwuttt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9A2OTZr0o
Dawty
Dawty

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflycryx3 Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:52 am

I know, although I do strongly believe that people should be free to do whatever they want as long as it's not aimed to harm others. I don't agree with female singers just showing off all their skin/making sex tapes and all sorts for fame, but I also blame those who buy the albums as well. The singer should be free to do whatever, but It's people who choose what they want and what they don't want. I guess society encourages that sort of behaviour. Sad It's sad really... like someone else said music should only be judged upon the voice of the singer and I think the lyrics are important as well...

<3
butterflycryx3
butterflycryx3

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisadeluxee Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:48 am

I agree.
It's up to the artist really, but my opinion is that it's wrong, and society does encourage it, which I find very sad indeed.
The artist should be judged on their musical talents, songwriting, lyrics, etc. because the most important part of an artist is their music.

Lisadeluxee

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:01 pm

joseph325625 wrote:its sad what ever happened to being classy?

i was woundering that myself. Shocked

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Lisadeluxee wrote:I agree.
It's up to the artist really, but my opinion is that it's wrong, and society does encourage it, which I find very sad indeed.
The artist should be judged on their musical talents, songwriting, lyrics, etc. because the most important part of an artist is their music.

I agree with that. Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:07 pm

butterflycryx3 wrote:I know, although I do strongly believe that people should be free to do whatever they want as long as it's not aimed to harm others. I don't agree with female singers just showing off all their skin/making sex tapes and all sorts for fame, but I also blame those who buy the albums as well. The singer should be free to do whatever, but It's people who choose what they want and what they don't want. I guess society encourages that sort of behaviour. Sad It's sad really... like someone else said music should only be judged upon the voice of the singer and I think the lyrics are important as well...

<3

that's true!!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:09 pm

I don't think female singers should have to dress trashy to sell..I don't think anything wrong with being like that..Just not too much lol

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Dawty wrote:
Claudia wrote:

lolwuttt
I would't call that amazing!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudia Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Dawty wrote:
Claudia wrote:

lolwuttt

We all have our different views on who can sing live or not, but she does rely on a lot of electronics, sure there are a few amazing performances where singers can hit most of the notes in the songs.

Claudia
Claudia

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1415701602&ref=search

Back to top Go down

Post by electric_rhino Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:14 am

I always take lady gaga as an example, and I'm not a hater, but I've seen all videos of her, and the more famous she gets the less clothes she has on.

I mean, kerli is not all covered up, but you kow she is just being herself, she started that way and she kept it, and she has a unique style.
electric_rhino
electric_rhino

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:44 am

I don't care if artist uses sex for selling (it's a guy thing aswell), as long as the music is good. Todays music business lies a lot on image and looks and being sexy helps you get a lot of publicity, if somebody listens to band or artist just for the sexy image that's their personal loss.
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:57 am

Only sex and no music/talent = not selling.

There's nothing wrong with being sexy. To some it comes very naturally. Like Katy Perry. I think she just is a very sexy, cheeky and fun girl. That's just who she is. No one wants to pretend they're something they're not.

Of course when using sex to sell music is way too clear then it bothers me. Like Xtina's latest vid. It's clearly made to be sexy and shocking to sell (which it really doesn't. Again - only sex and nothing really to sell = not selling).

Even if a person is cute and reserved then that helps to sell. Just as sexiness does. Why say it's okay to win hearts with your sweetness but not with sexiness?

But of course there's a difference between classy sexy and slutty sexy. And I do think there are age limits as well (Miley, for God's sake, put some clothes on - your fans are preteens) Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Armastaja wrote:Only sex and no music/talent = not selling.

There's nothing wrong with being sexy. To some it comes very naturally. Like Katy Perry. I think she just is a very sexy, cheeky and fun girl. That's just who she is. No one wants to pretend they're something they're not.

Of course when using sex to sell music is way too clear then it bothers me. Like Xtina's latest vid. It's clearly made to be sexy and shocking to sell (which it really doesn't. Again - only sex and nothing really to sell = not selling).

Even if a person is cute and reserved then that helps to sell. Just as sexiness does. Why say it's okay to win hearts with your sweetness but not with sexiness?

But of course there's a difference between classy sexy and slutty sexy. And I do think there are age limits as well (Miley, for God's sake, put some clothes on -

your fans are preteens)
Evil or Very Mad

I did't like xtinas video..I think kerli is more classsy with her image...i mean she keeeps her image sexy classy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by alelokk Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:45 am

Well... sex sells, and its true, but some artists like Beyoncé doesn't need it to sell millions of copies, they have better stuff to offer, but other artists [Lady GaGa, not that i don't like her] use explicit sex to sell and its valid too because each one have your own way to sell your music.

Please Kerli don't do this Sad
alelokk
alelokk

http://www.formspring.me/alelokk

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:03 pm

I agree that there is nothing wrong with being sexy. but there are 2 different types i think - feminine sexy and slutty sexy. its just the matter of choosing the right one.
And i believe that not only women use sex for selling.. come on.. ricky martin, enrique iglesias, justin timberlake etc. they all KNOW how to use sexiness for selling & in most cases do so
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Yeah of course the males do it too..

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Ene wrote:I don't care if artist uses sex for selling (it's a guy thing aswell), as long as the music is good. Todays music business lies a lot on image and looks and being sexy helps you get a lot of publicity, if somebody listens to band or artist just for the sexy image that's their personal loss.

exactly
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:40 am

I think anyone who has to rely too much on their sex appeal to sell music is lame. I don't have a problem with artists being sexy for the most part, as long as they're doing it in their own way and not just to get attention or sell themselves. But when they're all about the sexiness and not about talent, it's just really, really boring, because there's no individuality, no personality to it.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:37 pm

out of the hollow wrote:I think anyone who has to rely too much on their sex appeal to sell music is lame. I don't have a problem with artists being sexy for the most part, as long as they're doing it in their own way and not just to get attention or sell themselves. But when they're all about the sexiness and not about talent, it's just really, really boring, because there's no individuality, no personality to it.

That's true!!

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum