Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerli on the music business

4 posters

Go down

Kerli on the music business Empty Kerli on the music business

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:28 pm

do you think you could achieve everything you want to without the help os the label? like an independent artist? because I know its sucks that the label is in control of the dates, but they are also the ones that actually put your music out there, right?well..there are different ways to break. You can do it yourself and make it so good that it has the chance to blow up on youtube or whatever. And if it does, labels come running wanting to sign you. That's the beauty of being an artist in 2010.
I guess it also depends on what kind of an artist you wanna be. I wanna make big visuals which cost a lot of money, so although, my musical sensibility is not naturally of a major label, I still wanna somewhat play the game and use their tools to fund and promote what I do. You can be an indie artist and keep all the creative control and do great but to get to a point where u can play stadiums, u need a little more than a cool online following. There are so many things u have to think of.
I made my first album to a major label in a very indie mindset. I literally didn't do one thing they wanted me to do. I had some awesome ideas but I was a shitty politician and didn't really want their input artistically. I'm glad I did it this way because I've proven to them that I have creative out of the box ideas and visuals so now the only thing they asked for was some decent pop tunes they could put on the radio. Conceptually and visually, I do what I want and they fully trust my vision...which is a really great place to be in with a huge corporation who naturally does whatever is the safest. This second album is gonna be really cool.

I really appreciate how much she talks about this side of her music - the music business side. Her honesty is refreshing. I feel like I'm not buying into some product when I listen to her because of it.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Kerli on the music business Empty Re: Kerli on the music business

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Iam glad she is NOT selling out LIKE most singers would.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:04 pm

She's fighting for her music she wants..That's very good Very Happy

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:24 pm

You go girl!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:59 am

Kerli i dont get how u can say u like these music videos tht r blatanly unpleasent :/ i guess u cnt say bad stuff or how u really feel about some pop culture things because ppl will get at u for it and also ppl will hate u so stupid

I don't feed into the drama of pop culture any more. I see things for what they are and who they're intended to and I try to appreciate good things about it and ignore the bad things about it. There's no point for me to tear down other people because things are often not what they seem and u never know what kind of a heavy cross someone carries on their shoulders.
Entertainment is the way it is - it's kinda cheesy and full of sex and people find things shocking that aren't really that shocking.
BUT - we have the choice to either consume this stuff or not. I wanna know what's going on cause I'm fascinated with every aspect of life. The world is so subjective. It's all about perception

baby, just dance took almost a year after it release, to get #1. u still have time to promote AOL.

I'm not really worried about the charts. It will happen if it's supposed to. I'm in this totally different zone of meditating and reading and gathering spiritual information right now. I'm writing tons but I'm not trying to write for the radio necessarily, it's very mellow and very subtle. It seems like the more I let go, the more great stuff happens to me.
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Twink* Wed May 11, 2011 2:53 am

I guess this isn't reallly the place to put it, but it's kind of a music business... If it fits better anywhere else, moderators, please feel free to move this post Smile.

I didn't know you could ask people questions on Formspring if you don't have an account there, so I asked Kerli a question for the first time, and she replied!

Would you ever enter the Eurovision Song contest?

I would if it made sense. I will sure submit a song one of these years.

Do you think she would sing it herself, or write for another artist? I think it will depend on what message there is in the song. It would be great to see her representing Estonia in Europe.
Twink*
Twink*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down