Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London-Insider

5 posters

Go down

London-Insider Empty London-Insider

Post by Midnight Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello everyone Very Happy

My best friend and me will travel to London in December.

Now I'm looking for some tips... where should we go shopping? which restaurant should we visit? which places should we see? Very Happy
Something we should know? Razz

Thanks I love you
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

London-Insider Empty Re: London-Insider

Post by mimi Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:38 pm

timeout.com and choose London - you'll find tons of information there.

And i think the usual tourist things are pretty widely known such as big ben, madame tussauds etc.
for shopping theres oxford street and camden.

if you'd tell me what you're more into, i could help more, otherwise i would spend ages just writing about stuff that you can easily google Razz
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonChildEve Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 am

there's some cool places around the carnaby area, there's a small shop called the playlounge which sells really cool books and figurines. they sell loads of tim burton character figurines, like the nightmare before christmas etc. there's also a place called choccywoccydoodah which sells the most amazing and delicious chocolate things, and they sell lovely hot chocolate Smile

there's also the tate modern gallery, which is fantastic. the victoria & albert museum is supposed to be really good as well, they have a hollywood costume exhibition there until january, i think Smile

just a few things that are quite good Smile
MoonChildEve
MoonChildEve

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 am

I know about the "tourist things" like Big Ben, The Tower of London etc.
I'm not so interested in museums etc.
I was looking for something "secret".

Hmm... I'm interested in accessories and inside decorations... clothes and make up (this is a wide area, I know) would be interesting too.
Oh... and I want to buy some sweets and food which is "typical" or well known in London / England. It would be good if I could take those food home. But well...we have to eat Very Happy so it would be also great to know some good restaurants.

And of course I want to see some christmas markets... and I'm looking for christmas presents too.
I heard that you have a lot of markets (not christmas related) in london too... can you suggest some? I heard about camden and portobello...

Thanks until now I love you
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:15 pm

camden is a gothic area and they've got a big market place for gothic/emo clothing/shoes and jewellery and then there are tons of shops that sell amazing stuff (every shop basically sells the same things lol) but its quite expensive!!
portobello is mostly antiques so if you're not thinking of buying a clock or old records, its not what you're looking for Razz

there's a food market on the south bank (near national theatre) at all times and nearer christmas time there will be christmas markets on the south bank as well. south bank is gorgeous on its own though so definitely take a stroll there!

in december, i think, winter wonderland will open in hyde park again. i went there last year, its very cute but SO crowded so i wont be going next year. google it and you can find out when it is exactly and how much the tickets are.

if you want a cool cocktail experience, google icebar, it is a bar made entirely of ice! i took my sister there when she was visiting last time and its definitely smth completely different and awesome! even the glasses were made of ice Smile

all the clothes and make up you will find on oxford street Smile plus, in christmas lights the central is breath taking Smile
where are you staying by the way, in which area?
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 am

I guess it's called Southwark. But we have a travelcard Very Happy

Camden sounds really good Very Happy Hopefully it's not tooo expensive Neutral ... I think we don't have to visit portobello then Razz
Do you know something about Greenwich Market or Covent Garden Market?
Can you recommend any other market (Maybe something like camden, but without gothic)? Very Happy

I will keep the south bank in mind Very Happy
Do you know the name of the market...for opening hours and such?

Winter Wonderland looks just awesome. No comparison to our german christmas markets. If I understand right the market is for free but you need tickets for the circus etc....right? I'm sure we can get those tickets there?!

The icebar looks great too Very Happy Is it easy to get a place there without reservation? ... And is there a age limit or something like this?

Thanks you soooo much for helping I love you I hope you don't mind all the questions.

Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:17 am

the ice bar is 18+ and you'll have to reserve in advance. the tickets are £12 if you book in advance and you get a drink in that price too.

ah yes, i think the market bit was free but everything inside winter wonderland is so expensive so if you want to buy anything you'll pay haha

London is very expensive. there are ways around it if you bother to do enough research, a lot of stuff is free or you can get good discounts but you really need to take time and research.
mimi
mimi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks Very Happy

I hope someone can help me again Razz I have some problems with "reading" adresses.

For example:
Oxford Street
London
W1B 3AG

What does W1B 3AG mean??
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 am

Nobody who can help?
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Twink* Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:15 am

Isn't that just the area code?
Twink*
Twink*

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnight Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Yeah... found something more specific. It's just too different from our adresses Razz
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Midnight wrote:Thanks Very Happy

I hope someone can help me again Razz I have some problems with "reading" adresses.

For example:
Oxford Street
London
W1B 3AG

What does W1B 3AG mean??

maybe try to send message to TheLastSongbird.. she's from UK Smile
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content