Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there.

+2
Aduhm
The_moons_moon
6 posters

Go down

Hey there. Empty Hey there.

Post by The_moons_moon Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum here, but not new to Kelri. I have known about this board for a long time now, but this is my first visit. The reason I am here is I just listened to Kerli's "Super Girl" song and found out what it was about. ("How can someone who has known about Kerli for a long time now just find out what it means?" you may be asking yourself. I'll explain later. Very Happy ) After finding out what it was about, I had a flashback of something from my past. It was not something i had forgotten and all of a sudden it came back to me, but it was something I had not thought about in a while, and I had a strong urge to share it with someone, and didn't feel like burdening anyone who didn't care to hear it...lol So I will just post it here so kind hearted people can read it....or not read it, it is totally up to the reader. Smile

Anyways, when I was a child...probably in the 3rd or 4th grade, my mom had met a man in prison, through her brother who was also in prison. She would talk to him on the phone, and she went to meet him one time when he got out. He lived out west on an Indian reservation, and she got to meet the whole family of his. Upon her return back home on the east coast she started making plans to move out west with me and my little sister.

When we got there everything was cool. We were learning a whole new culture and everything. The coolness did ware off after some time, and not because of the culture I think the culture is great! But supposedly this man started beating my mom, pretty badly. It never happened when me or my sister were home, it was always when we were at school.

One night the mans brother showed up at our house, and thought he was going to teach his brother a lesson about beating my mom. He did win this physical fight, and a few days later my mom moved us to the next state over to get away from this guy, and not long after we are there the mans brother comes to live with us, and my mom fell for him because he stood up for her honor.

This man was cool....well until i seen him drunk for the first time, and the many many times after that. This man had no problem at all beating my mom, even with me and my sister right there to see. I seen my mom get bloodied up pretty bad, bleeding from the head and everything....It was insane, and when it was happening all I could do is run and hide. I had run and hide every time it happened, which was at least 2-3 times a week.

THEN there was this one time, when he and a friend of his were getting drunk at the dining room table. They ended up getting into a fight about something stupid, I dont remember what but the whole dining room was trashed and the two of them were wrestling on the floor. My mom's boyfriend was on top, and I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife, I was going to jab it in his back, but i was stopped by my mom.

After all this happened I had a thought that really bothered me. And it enters my mind to this day, but i try not to dwell on it, because i do not run and hide from problems anymore, but it does bother me still. Why did I get the nerve to try to stop this guy at this time, and when my mom was getting beat all i could do was go hide. It makes me feel really guilty when i think about it. but luckily everything turned out okay and somehow we got the money to move back to our home town.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this...i just needed to share that story and get it off my chest.

Oh yeah and the reason I didn't know what the song meant was because I love an amazing mind over an amazing music artist.

The_moons_moon

Back to top Go down

Hey there. Empty Re: Hey there.

Post by Aduhm Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:59 pm

Welcome!
and i'm really sorry to hear that Sad
i'm glad everything is better though!
hope you enjoy the ToL Very Happy
Aduhm
Aduhm

Location : In a Black, Black World, there was a Black, Black Town.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsukiko Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm glad you found strength. Never be afraid or ashamed to be you. We, moonchildren have your back. I'll be there.
Tsukiko
Tsukiko

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry you had to go through that. You shouldn't blame yourself for not acting sooner though- it was a scary situation. It's good that you were able to find strength eventually. The MoonChildren are here for you and we're here when you need us Smile
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:27 am

Welcome to ToL.
Im sorry to hear that, if you have any problems you can talk to us <3
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mindbendingfairy70 Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:54 pm

wow, i'm really sorry. But i'm glad you found Kerli, and us moonchildren!!! Very Happy I hope you and your sister have gotten some stregnth after that time in your life. I hope you can learn how to trust again!!!

mindbendingfairy70

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum