Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative Writing

2 posters

Go down

Creative Writing Empty Creative Writing

Post by mimi Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:41 pm

This is the story i wrote when I was doing Creative writing at college Smile if u dont get it then ask me, ill explain - because ive ended up explaining the story to everyone and then they're like OOOOH! lol

In a tiny, ball-shaped world there are hundreds of even smaller places to dwell in. Where you live, learn to love and eventually die – peacefully or not, that depends on how much you’ve learned. Places, that were rough, even for the ones who had been living there for a long time. So why he had chosen this particular place was a mystery for me. It stayed secret until I found out the reason - I was in charge.
In this little stuffy, creepy town there were small and crooked streets that were far from dead, especially at night. It was the perfect place to get lost in or to be found. The deprivation of silence made it very hard to think, only the first couple of hours of the day were peaceful and quiet.
The vivid posters up on the walls made the streets look even smaller and tighter. There was actually only one design, a brick lining, always the same but the colours never repeated. It was quite bizarre that people wanted to see only one image around them selves. Well, maybe they didn’t but it was not their decision to make anyhow - I was and I still am in charge.
The people of the town were weird. A little off, and rough around the edges, it all made them special, not always in a good way I’m afraid.
On a sun warm pavement a tall young man was sitting with his legs crossed. He was holding a short white cigarette between his middle and index finger and puffed it after every 2 seconds. He had started smoking 2 years ago, actually, then he realised that the action had become an everyday habit. Inside the cloud of smoke, he gently brushed his long curly hair from his eyes, that were like 2 big black birds, awaiting to spread its wings, eager but modest. He was sitting on the pavement every morning during the quiet hour, assessing the damages done overnight. Just as when Seth was about to light his second cigarette of the day when he noticed that he wasn’t the only one with a routine. Every morning a short lady walked by with her tiny son by her side. The son always looked very serious and sad; it was time for school. As for the lady, she was on high heels, with what she couldn’t really walk with, so she shambled and it seemed as if she was trying to grind the heels against the dark asphalt…

I remember exactly when this same thought, the same image of the same town started running in my head over and over again. It was one of those chilly but sunny September days. School had just started, even though everybody, including the teachers, were exhausted. It started after I had woken up from a coma, at least it felt like it. My mum came to wake me up, I had slept in and Charlie was already waiting for me, a habit of his.
“Wake up, Mia! It’s 8 o’clock!” Said mum while pulling the dark curtains up, the light coming from outside blinded me and I felt as if my head was going to explode.
“I’m not feeling well, mum. I think I’ll stay in for the day.. please tell Charlie to go for me.” I pulled the cover over my head but it was off again in a second. I looked at my mother who was holding my blanket. She looked serious.
“I said get up! It’s your own fault you went to bed so late yesterday!” She was now talking clothes out from my cupboard. How could I explain to her that it’s not that I didn’t go to sleep, I couldn’t? Mum tossed a pair of black jeans and a white sweater on my bed.
“Hurry up, Charlie’s waiting. I might even drive you to school. I’ll go make you some lunch.” And she left. I was sitting up on my bed and then I heard my mums voice apologising in front of Charlie.

The day was a disaster. One failure after another and then it was clear to me that drama doesn’t just follow me, it rides on my back. I couldn’t bother to keep my eyes open during the history lesson or answer the teacher’s questions in English. I was like a blank piece of paper that had been crushed together and tossed into the waste bin. I wasn’t strong enough to attend physical education that day.
“I’m breaking my habits” I said silently to myself and a rebellious smirk covered my face. I broke free from my own mind. My thoughts, my eyes, my lips, my nose, my hands, my hair and my toes.. It wasn’t a matter of appearance anymore, it was about existence.
During the lunch break the non – stopping loudness in the canteen drove me crazy, so I left.
I walked about 2 hours to get to the most beautiful place in my town. Beautiful huge steep cliffs and a wild ocean with it’s huge dangerous waves. The wind was cool and as I was sitting on the edge of the cliff I reached to the decision.
Life is all about ‘to be or not to be’, that was not only the question anymore, it had the answer as well. And I chose….

not to.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Creative Writing Empty Re: Creative Writing

Post by TheLastSongbird Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Wow...That's brilliant, I love the last section of your story so much! I'd really like you to explain the meaning behind it though. I think I sort of understand, but I'd be interested to know your thoughts behind it Smile
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:15 pm

Well the story about the man and the town, brick lining and all - it was all in the girls dream Smile that's why she's in control and why she says that the same thought keeps coming back. and seeing as its becoming a habit, she decides to break it.

i guess the story is about not handling something well and when everything gets on top of you.
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought Smile It's a great story.
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down