Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

been here for a few months but wanted to introduce myself better :)

+2
mile86
KayKay_KS
6 posters

Go down

been here for a few months but wanted to introduce myself better :) Empty been here for a few months but wanted to introduce myself better :)

Post by KayKay_KS Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Hello :-) my name is Katie and I've been a memeber on here since the end of December. I already introduced my self quickly on here but seeing others introductions and that I haven't been on here too much I wanted to do this again. I hope that's ok! Anyway I'm 20 years old and I'm from the United States,Virginia. I'm half american and mexican. My dad was mexican. I was born here but my whole life I've been made fun of so much because I was half mexican. Just really horrible,degrading names! It took a long time for me to accept that I was half and to be proud of it. It took me awhile and I finally came to terms with myself because I learned that I should always be proud of who I am. The actress and singer Selena Gomez as really inspired me with that too because she is also half mexican and seems to get a lot of bad things said to her as well and she seems to always keep her head up. For the past 2 years Kerli has not only saved my life but basically taught me how to love and be thankful for everything. Not only is she another inspiration to me but she's also like a mentor I guess. Last year I went through a lot with my ex best friend. I might make a blog about it later but long story short her boufriend that was into really bad drugs said some really horrible things to me. He really made me feel worthless and she didn't take up for me. She took his side and I was left friendless pretty much. I hate to think of how I would have ended up if Kerli's music and guidence hadn't been there! It really saved ny life because without my bf and my family I didn't have anyone. In those lonely times Kerlis music was there and I'm just really grateful. anyway yeah I'm just a really kind hearted person. Kerli,Selena Gomez and Emma Watson are my heros. I used to go to church and act in the plays and sing so those are really my true passions. I also love history. Id LOVE to make true,nice friends. If there is anyone from Virginia talk to me id love to make friends with anyone. SO sorry I made this so long and thanks so much for reading this!
KayKay_KS
KayKay_KS

Back to top Go down

been here for a few months but wanted to introduce myself better :) Empty Re: been here for a few months but wanted to introduce myself better :)

Post by mile86 Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:11 pm

nice to meet you katie...i can't imagine any reason why you should be made fun of because of your origin...personally i love mexicans and the mexican culture..and most of all, i love mexican food...be proud of who you are..it's not something you chose, it's something you have...and we must be proud and thankful for what we have...i'm greek and the past few years people all over the world hate us, it doesn't make any difference to me...i'm extremely proud for being greek, i have great heritage, and i'm proud for my ancestors... Smile
mile86
mile86

Back to top Go down

been here for a few months but wanted to introduce myself better :) Empty Re: been here for a few months but wanted to introduce myself better :)

Post by Natt Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:39 am

so good that u back here.. have good time on TOL Smile
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TanyaMinxy Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:55 am

welcome back Smile
TanyaMinxy
TanyaMinxy

http://tanyaminxy.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Your story is very interesting, Katie. I'm half hispanic too, so I kind of understand. I'm either too light-skinned for other hispanics to fully accept me or I'll still get called names by people who aren't hispanic at all. I didn't know Selena Gomez is half Mexican too, so it's good to know. Smile
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:11 am

welcome.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by KayKay_KS Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Thank you all so much. You all are very sweet!!
KayKay_KS
KayKay_KS

Back to top Go down

Post by KayKay_KS Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:35 pm

mile86 wrote:nice to meet you katie...i can't imagine any reason why you should be made fun of because of your origin...personally i love mexicans and the mexican culture..and most of all, i love mexican food...be proud of who you are..it's not something you chose, it's something you have...and we must be proud and thankful for what we have...i'm greek and the past few years people all over the world hate us, it doesn't make any difference to me...i'm extremely proud for being greek, i have great heritage, and i'm proud for my ancestors... Smile

I can't imagine why I would be made fun of because of being half Mexican but here in the Us its a little to much judging about skin color or origin. I'm so glad you love Mexicans,Mexican culture and the food! You and me both haha! Thank you so much for your kind words! That is really nice of you and really makes me feel at ease and makes me feel like I'm accepted here not because of what i am but who am I. Thank you! That's amazing you are still proud of being Greek even though you all have been getting a lot of hate. I strive to be more like you. Proud of who i am with no regrets! Yes you do have great heritage! I also love the Greek culture and the food is soooo good! I hope I can go to Greece one day! Thanks for responding!
<3
KayKay_KS
KayKay_KS

Back to top Go down

Post by KayKay_KS Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Natt wrote:so good that u back here.. have good time on TOL Smile

Thank you!! I love your video by the way!
<3
KayKay_KS
KayKay_KS

Back to top Go down

Post by KayKay_KS Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:43 pm

stargirlstrike wrote:Your story is very interesting, Katie. I'm half hispanic too, so I kind of understand. I'm either too light-skinned for other hispanics to fully accept me or I'll still get called names by people who aren't hispanic at all. I didn't know Selena Gomez is half Mexican too, so it's good to know. Smile

Thank you! Oh wow really that's awesome. What kind of hispanic? Mexican or something else? I'm so glad that someone can kind of understand what I have been through. I hope you weren't nearly as made fun of as I was! Yeah that's how it is for me. Some of my "friends" when i was younger would be like well your only half Mexican so we will just over look that and just say you are white! Then Hispanics would be like well you aren't really like us because you aren't full. Yeah I didn't know Selena was half either until i found out and i was like wow i can really relate to her and thats why shes an inspiration to me because she was made fun of too and shes taking all that negativity and doing something positive with it! Thanks for responding! It was nice to meet you!
<3
KayKay_KS
KayKay_KS

Back to top Go down

Post by stargirlstrike Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 pm

KayKay_KS wrote:Thank you! Oh wow really that's awesome. What kind of hispanic? Mexican or something else? I'm so glad that someone can kind of understand what I have been through. I hope you weren't nearly as made fun of as I was! Yeah that's how it is for me. Some of my "friends" when i was younger would be like well your only half Mexican so we will just over look that and just say you are white! Then Hispanics would be like well you aren't really like us because you aren't full. Yeah I didn't know Selena was half either until i found out and i was like wow i can really relate to her and thats why shes an inspiration to me because she was made fun of too and shes taking all that negativity and doing something positive with it! Thanks for responding! It was nice to meet you!
<3

I'm a mix of both Mexican and Spanish. I wasn't made fun of too much, but my cousins (who are all full hispanic) tease me and say I look adopted -_- or once I had someone stop being friends with me once they found out I wasn't just white. Well, I'll definitely be looking more into Selena Gomez now! Nice to meet you too!
stargirlstrike
stargirlstrike

Back to top Go down

Post by KayKay_KS Wed May 02, 2012 10:26 pm

stargirlstrike wrote:
KayKay_KS wrote:Thank you! Oh wow really that's awesome. What kind of hispanic? Mexican or something else? I'm so glad that someone can kind of understand what I have been through. I hope you weren't nearly as made fun of as I was! Yeah that's how it is for me. Some of my "friends" when i was younger would be like well your only half Mexican so we will just over look that and just say you are white! Then Hispanics would be like well you aren't really like us because you aren't full. Yeah I didn't know Selena was half either until i found out and i was like wow i can really relate to her and thats why shes an inspiration to me because she was made fun of too and shes taking all that negativity and doing something positive with it! Thanks for responding! It was nice to meet you!
<3

I'm a mix of both Mexican and Spanish. I wasn't made fun of too much, but my cousins (who are all full hispanic) tease me and say I look adopted -_- or once I had someone stop being friends with me once they found out I wasn't just white. Well, I'll definitely be looking more into Selena Gomez now! Nice to meet you too!
oh yeah I know exactly how you feel! I'm sorry you had to deal with your cousins saying that! I've had friends that were also like that. I've also had friends that were supposedly my "real" friends but made fun of me being half mexican and just put me down.But I'm a lot stronger now thanks to that. I'm proud of who I am. Oh yes deff look more into Selena Gomez. I really love her song Who Says. Its so full of wonderful messages ans empowerment. Btw I love your hair color in your pic. I can tell you are a mix of Mexican and Spanish idk what your cousins were talking about :-) take care!
KayKay_KS
KayKay_KS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down