Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album?

+10
TheLastSongbird
AennilLinnEa
WrittenInLove
phantom1701
catloafwithpotato
PoeticAbomination(:
Lilee
Krissy
Natt
Aduhm
14 posters

Go down

Favorite Song of New Album?

Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_lcap18%Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 17 ]
Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_lcap9%Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 9 ]
Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_lcap11%Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_lcap25%Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 24 ]
Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_lcap5%Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_lcap31%Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 30 ]

Total Votes : 96

Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Empty Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album?

Post by Aduhm Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:28 am

just answer the poll and explain why below.
Aduhm
Aduhm

Location : In a Black, Black World, there was a Black, Black Town.

Back to top Go down

Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Empty Re: Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album?

Post by Aduhm Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:39 am

here are my thoughts on all the song so far.
SPEED LIMIT- i like alot. the demo was pretty good. then i heard here sing it live with the final track and my mind was BLOWN. i think its a cute song for the album. cant wait to hear the studio.
DOLLFACE- love it. Nuff said. Its sweet and sexy. the backing vocals rock
SUPERGIRL- i was so glad to know that there would be a song like this on the album. it really gives us a llook on kerlis childhood, which we dont really get to see. I love when she says "Heres your shit, and theres the door".
You go Kerli!
WHEN YOU CRY- lbr, when i first heard this song, i did not like, at all. but after it got stuck in my head, and she sang it live on stickam chat, its probubly my favorite as now.
BUBBLEGUM- what can i say, i love it, its a shits and giggles song. the studio will be amazing.
ZERO GRAVITY- love it love it, its a pop song, but its got so much meaning to it, its not pointless shit. My favorite part is during the second verse, when she staarts to sing weightless, theres this big drop, and everything flows. Evryone say this should be this first single. i dont think it should. the first single should be more meaning full, like army of love-ish. still love it tho.

Lol so theer are my thoughts, your turn!

i voted for speed limit, zero gravity, and when you cry

Last edited by Aduhm on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forget this)
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album? Empty Re: Favorite (and/or best) Song from The Second Album?

Post by Natt Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:49 am

Speed Limit- I liked version demo, but this is sad that she changed lyrics...
Dollface- at the first I loved this song, but now only I like a little... I need song with message... "ok, ok,ok" -it's not seriously song
Supergirl- lyrics wonderful, sound -it;s not my style...
When You Cry- I don't like this song- only song Kerli
Bubblegum- simply text but funny
Zero Gravity- good but I need a little for song

I voted on Speed Limit and Bubblegum
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:53 am

ya, she changed "im sick off all my cds and there radios not playing kerli, i dont know where i end up but this journey gets me down"
To "im sick of all my cds but the radios playing kerli, i do know where i end up i wont let this get me down"

it throws me off evrytime i hear the new version.
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:02 am

yeah, i prefere old sounds like saima, heal, not a barbie doll, tea party
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:07 am

i love teaparty!
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:39 pm

I like speed limit. I dislike bubble gum.Sorry i just don't like it at all.

The other songs are okay.I'm sure they will grow on me. i love her old sound.but i just need to give her new style a chance,

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Speed Limit- I think it's really quirky and sassy.
When You Cry- I love the soothing melody and I really connect to the lyrics
Supergirl- I love the emotion in it
Zero Gravity- I don't usually listen to dance songs like this, but I think this is a fun song
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:28 pm

lol lots of people dislike bubblegum
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:37 pm

yup. Razz

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:42 pm

i like it haha, i wish the studio was out.!!!! but i see why people dont. to popish
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:46 pm

but here nobody votes on DollFace
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:48 pm

i love dolllface, i feel bad that no ones voted for it.
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by PoeticAbomination(: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:54 pm

I dont like Bubblegum because it isn't Kerli's style AT ALL and the lyrics aren't real like most of her other songs; shee's going too main stream and it makes me sad. All of her old songs were real; they were lyrics straight from her heart, and that is/has been changing a lot lately.
PoeticAbomination(:
PoeticAbomination(:

http://www.wattpad.com/user_profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:00 pm

MoonchildSadie.(:ILU wrote:I dont like Bubblegum because it isn't Kerli's style AT ALL and the lyrics aren't real like most of her other songs; shee's going too main stream and it makes me sad. All of her old songs were real; they were lyrics straight from her heart, and that is/has been changing a lot lately.

Yeah,I know and i agree.But we have to understand that she's in a better place now.She wants to sing happy songs.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:00 pm

honey, i think that this is a new kerli;s style
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by PoeticAbomination(: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:08 pm

butterflycry2010 wrote:Yeah,I know and i agree.But we have to understand that she's in a better place now.She wants to sing happy songs.

Yeah, I understand that, she's just not the Kerli that I 'fell in love with', per se. I think that her older songs are just more honest. I dont know, maybe it's just me. I am glad for Kerli, because she is gaining so much success and that, but like with all people, will power change her? I don't see it changing Kerli like that, but I watched Christofer Drew completely transform from the beginning and I felt the same way about him...I don't know, it's just sad to me.
PoeticAbomination(:
PoeticAbomination(:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:16 pm

bubble gum is kinda like creepshow. its got simple lyrics and a poppish beat sound. a shits and giggles song. Buubblegum is the bubble part. as im sure there wil be one really dark song on this album
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:37 pm

MoonchildSadie.(:ILU wrote:
butterflycry2010 wrote:Yeah,I know and i agree.But we have to understand that she's in a better place now.She wants to sing happy songs.

Yeah, I understand that, she's just not the Kerli that I 'fell in love with', per se. I think that her older songs are just more honest. I dont know, maybe it's just me. I am glad for Kerli, because she is gaining so much success and that, but like with all people, will power change her? I don't see it changing Kerli like that, but I watched Christofer Drew completely transform from the beginning and I felt the same way about him...I don't know, it's just sad to me.

Yes. I do feel the same why has you do. I understand how your feeling. few ppl feel the same about her new poppy music.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:41 pm

i kinda felt the same way to. but it grew on me. its not like shes selling out, that would suck. it popish, but is still kerli. its just a different side. maybe she will go introverted again in the next album
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by PoeticAbomination(: Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:57 pm

I doubt she will though, but maybe. Because she has been slowly entering the realm of pop for a couple of her albums now, but there was also Skyscraper which is like her old stuff. I 'fell in love with her' because she was so unique and connected with her fans and her songs were so...different. Now you can turn on the radio and hear a song that is exactly the same as her new ones. She has been my inspiration since I first heard Walking on Air (the first song I heard by her), but now she is falling lower on my list of inspirational people. Don't get me wrong, I still love her, just not as much as I did in the beginning.
PoeticAbomination(:
PoeticAbomination(:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Cuz of my depressed mood at the time .her music drew me in.I mean i just loved her old stuff cuz i was realting to it so much.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by PoeticAbomination(: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Yeah. I liked her stuff because it seemed more happy, upbeat. But now, it's all pop, and there is hardly any meaning to any of her new music.
PoeticAbomination(:
PoeticAbomination(:

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:22 pm

I think dollface and supper girl are my favs of her new stuff.

ya her old stuff was pop but that was darker.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Speed Limit - not very good lyrics, and then the melody is that other song someone pointed out. [had to look it up] Smile.dk Butterfly . That song was also sampled as the chorus for some Die Antwoord [link] song and in some videogames. I wonder if this will cause controversy when the album comes out?
SuperGirl - about a topic that should be addressed more in mainstream media.
When You Cry - I think I connect most with this one. The verses sound like they're totally about a relationship, but I like the chorus a lot.
BubbleGum - This is the new Tea Party. It's the childish yet sexual-sounding lyrics she claims aren't meant that way.
Zero Gravity - This is probably the best single of her new songs we've heard. The melody is catchy and lovesongs seem to tend to do well.

I don't really understand why people seem to think her old music wasn't pop music, though. This stuff is more dance-oriented, but her old music was still pop..
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

http://katloaf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:43 pm

Yeah, I know her old stuff was still pop. but it was a tad darker.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:50 pm

She write this dancier stuff now because she said she can write the darker stuff anymore. She's in a better place right now. I'm interested to seewhat else will be on the album. I think we will all be happy
Aduhm
Aduhm

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:01 pm

i've voted for WYC

i find myself in that song

can't wait for studio version
phantom1701
phantom1701

http://www.nightwish-croatia.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by WrittenInLove Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:07 pm

I found Speed Limit a long time ago on some random music site o.o
Idk if it was a demo she had for a long time or what but I absolutely fell in love with it as soon as I heard it. I like the lighter music she makes now because it tends to bring more light to me when I'M in a dark place...
A while back I probably would have wanted more dark-pop stuff, but now I don't like to listen to too dark of things too often because it can bring me further down at times.
I like that she is sharing her happiness and spice for life with all of the world. I like that she is in a better place, and that she is finding herself more and more as her life goes it seems Smile
I only hope to be that ALIVE as I grow as a human.
WrittenInLove
WrittenInLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AennilLinnEa Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:34 am

Well Zero gravity might be the only song I've ''felt'' so far. The concept of the song is awesome. Infact I love the concept!
I just don't know. I'm wating for the album to come out and then I can start judging it.

AennilLinnEa

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Speed Limit - The one I like the least out of all the new album songs we've heard. I don't dislike it at all, it's such a fun song and a light hearted listen, and I'm not usually into dance or pop music but I love Kerli's spin on those genres. I just don't connect with the lyrics, and with all the others I do in some way.

Dollface - I love the lyrics and the backing track to this one. I like how Kerli's given her own edge to the empowerment theme that's going round female pop singers quite a lot lately. This song speaks to my inner boldness, and I really like how it twists the sexuality typical of so many pop songs into a powerful and relevant message, to those who care to look into it. I'm addicted to the "You gotta show me love" part of the chorus Very Happy

Supergirl - Ugh. Simply beautiful. I am so touched by the sense of vulnerability in this song, reminiscent of Kerli's "Love Is Dead" days, and the fact that she's turned that vulnerability right round and created a song this powerfully moving. Also, anyone can relate to this song in some way, I'm sure. It brought me to tears on the first listen, and it still does occasionally.

When You Cry - This one is my favourite. It wasn't to start with, but it's grown on me more and more over time. This one also made me cry when she performed it at SXSW. I kept wondering what about the lyrics made it so special to me, then realised that it describes perfectly how connected I feel to my fellow MoonChildren, and how much love there is in our community. Then it turned out Kerli had written it with us in mind, and when she sang it during her last live chat it had something even more heartbreaking and ethereal about it for me. I cried even more then than I did when I first heard it. It seems attached to the element water to me, which I always feel spiritually connected to in music. It also played an important part in helping me feel less alone when I was going through a difficult few days a couple of weeks ago.

Bubblegum - This is just too much fun for me not to like it xD I love the beat and the lyrics. It is Tea Party mach 2, like catloaf said, and I still love Tea Party for how up, bouncy and playful it is. Kerli very rarely puts out songs like this, and to me they're always a sweet surprise when they do turn up. I'm looking forward to hearing the operatic part in the studio version too. That particular bit has something special and very fresh about it.

Zero Gravity - My very close second favourite. Again, Kerli's dubstep I like, whereas otherwise I'm not fond of it at all xD The lyrics are really spiritual. In my opinion, this song's not only about romantic love. I envisage any sort of uplifting, true and overwhelming love you could ever feel when I listen to it. This has become one of the songs that I listen to when I'm in love with Life. I'm excited about getting to hear this song live at some point, hopefully soon Very Happy

TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by bupple Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:52 pm

When you cry is my fav
bupple
bupple

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:45 pm

I hate Bubblegum, I'm sorry but I do.

When You Cry - I really like that song and it's one of the few songs that I don't connect to or anything but love lsitening to and singing Smile
Super Girl - I can relate to this song which makes it one of my favorites.
Zero Gravity - A fun song I enjoy dancing to and have fun to ^^
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:29 pm

I think when I read posts that I'm only person which don;t like When You Cry and sound this song :/
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by javieljones Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:27 am

Speed Limit -- I think I'm one of the few on ToL that don't really care for this one. Lyrics are 'meh' to me and the sound isn't anything that really appeals.

Dollface -- I'm back and forth on this one. Love/Hate.

Supergirl -- LOVE. It's in a three-way tie for my favorite of the new songs.

When You Cry -- I love this one as well. It's awfully sweet and just a feel good song for me.

Bubblegum -- Ugh. -___- It's fun but....that's all. I like my music to be more than just fun and I just can't listen to this song more than once a month or so.

Zero Gravity -- Tied for favorite along with Supergirl and When You Cry. I love the music and the lyrics. It all just works for me.
javieljones
javieljones

http://www.myspace.com/javieljones

Back to top Go down

Post by robobbiebob Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:15 am

I love them all! I picked zero gravity just cause I listen to it the most. Very Happy
robobbiebob
robobbiebob

https://www.youtube.com/robobbiebob     robobbiebob.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:45 am

Speed Limit.wOULD BE A GOOD CHOICE FOR A SINGLE

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down