Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beginning

+2
kurokai
TheLastSongbird
6 posters

Go down

The Beginning Empty The Beginning

Post by TheLastSongbird Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:20 pm

I remember my fingers burning from the cold as I walked...I can't remember where I had been going. I can remember lights, glowing like enclosed flames above me. Now Darkness closes in on every side, and I can't open my eyes. My own body is a cage. I wish to shed my skin, snakelike...shatter my very being and fly from this closed space, frozen in time...this Nowhere. But something that sends a chill through what I can sense is still me freezes me to the spot. This sickening sensation must have a name...

Fear.

The memory of that word occurs like a blow to the solar plexus. It blooms in my mind as agonisingly as a re-opened wound. I want to fold myself up into the smallest shape possible and weep, and yet my body seems incapable of moving an inch. I notice that I have stopped breathing. I panic. I gasp for breath, but there isn't even any air in this god-forsaken Nothingness!

A Light...suddenly I am bathed in a glow that calms my senses, though my eyes are still closed. My frozen heart aches with longing and I reach out to it. I take one tentative step, then another, but stop again as it becomes a boundless rainbow of colour, as though my fingertips are refracting it, scattering it to the ends of the universe. The Light transforms before me, until I believe I see wings. They smother every speck of the once dominant Darkness.

In an instance, the rainbow swallows itself. The Darkness takes its place.

I feel cold. The same biting, numbing sensation that I remember feeling before the Nothing. Am I back? Did I go anywhere at all?

A terrible noise begins to rise within me and all around me, a shriek tearing into me like a razor blade. My hollow being becomes full to bursting with pure, burning agony. It threatens to trample and shatter me, to break through my fragile boundaries and reduce me to ashes. It is determined to make me one with the Nothing. The scream I now recognise as my own joins countless others, millions, billions of them! All the pain of all the lost souls in the world implores to me like a death cry...

Helpless with despair, I submit to the Lost...

I submit to Death.

The screams echo away as I slowly accept my fate. In the security of the silence, sweeter than any sound I have ever heard, I open my eyes slightly and gaze beyond my eyelashes...

Straight into two familiar eyes...beautiful eyes that I feel I have known for a thousand lives. The eyes seem to whisper to my very soul...

You are safe now, dear one.

I breathe a sigh of happiness and contentment. The Soul who saved me from the Darkness reaches out a radiant hand to me. As I take the hand in my own, I feel its warmth weave its way to my heart. My body glows from within, a phoenix rising from the ashes of Death, as the Soul leads me towards the Light...

Towards a new life.
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

The Beginning Empty Re: The Beginning

Post by kurokai Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Wow i have thid weird felling when i lurn something incredible like a cold wave that goes true my whole body ...in other worlds it t a masterpiece you re story is incradible you are realy talented at least i think so if one day you disade to write a book let me know ...
kurokai
kurokai

http://alex-ignatius.over-blog.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:39 pm

Thankyou so much! It's so nice to have such lovely things said about what I write... ^^

I would like to write a book one day. I'm going to Uni in September to do Creative Writing and hone my skills, then I will see where things go from there Smile
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph325625 Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:52 pm

<3 truely a masterpiece
joseph325625
joseph325625

http://www.myspace.com/400641326

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_serenity Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:32 am

Wow, you have wonderful writing skills. That story was so indescribably good. If you ever write a book, i'd love to read it. ♥♥♥
sweet_serenity
sweet_serenity

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:40 pm

So much love! I love you I love you

Thankyou everyone, I'm glad you like it Smile
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust19 Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:17 pm

oh my gosh i love it soo much. that was like.... i cant even put it into words(:

pixiedust19

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:18 pm

TheLastSongbird wrote:Thankyou so much! It's so nice to have such lovely things said about what I write... ^^

I would like to write a book one day. I'm going to Uni in September to do Creative Writing and hone my skills, then I will see where things go from there Smile

where are you going to uni to?? if everything goes to plan ill be studying in london Smile
i did creative writing at college Smile
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:24 pm

I'm going to Derby I'm afraid. I wouldn't like to go as far away from home as London, I just know I'd get terribly homesick. How was studying Creative Writing for you? It seems like a lot of fun, but a lot of hard work too!
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:29 pm

lol ive been studying in england for 2 years (college) so i think im over the homesickness Smile but then again..i was so ready to go, so it was easy for me, i guess. although sometimes im like... man i miss my sister and my mum and my dog Smile

anyway, it was fun! but yes it was challenging! i might post the story i wrote Smile
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down