Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acne?

+13
maintube
jayson526
EetuJaKeijut
mile
Winter
Natt
ghost_flower
Krissy
Killjoychemicalchaos
Quincy
BrowniesBeffy
Forace
Riley
17 posters

Go down

Acne? Empty Acne?

Post by Riley Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:09 pm

I have an acne problem. Embarassed
I was wondering if anyone knew any *natural* ways to cure it quickly?
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Acne? Empty Re: Acne?

Post by Forace Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:07 am

... I have acne, too -_-; I've had it since puberty. I'm such an oily person all around xD
So I'd LOOOVE to hear of cures that WORK! I've tried to many different things... ;_;

My sister has (had?) a particularly bad acne, but now she got this medication, Roaccutane. It's so powerful, that your babies will be disfigured if you use it when pregnant :O The doctors won't give it to girls who don't have birth control (if in a relationship).

But me, my acne is not nearly as bad as hers, so I don't need such strong stuff. I've noticed that Basiron works pretty well for me. The lotion version is pretty good! It made some zits go away overnight :O

But no, I don't know of any natural ways to cure acne :/ I'm not sure if that's even possible, since all (?) acne medication is based on drying the acne away...

Um, toothpaste? xD
Forace
Forace

http://forace.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:47 am

Drink tons of water and eat veggies Smile It'll probably help?
Remember to cleanse your face everyday, and twice a week use a scrub and mask. I like using a sugar scrub where I mix sugar, water or almond oil. MIx it togheter into a paste. Your skin will feel so soft Smile

Last edited by BrowniesBeffy on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:19 am

Um you'll want to google this because I don't remember exactly what you do but egg yolk... It's kind of gross smelling but its suppose to work.
Forace wrote:.

My sister has (had?) a particularly bad acne, but now she got this medication, Roaccutane. It's so powerful, that your babies will be disfigured if you use it when pregnant :O The doctors won't give it to girls who don't have birth control (if in a relationship).
xD

Yeah I had to use that stuff (it's just called accutane in the US, it's now been linked to ple have health issues later in life) it dry out my skin horribly and I became a chapstick junkie because of it but it worked. Here it's mandatory to be on birth control when taking it, they won't give it to u if your not
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Killjoychemicalchaos Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:12 am

Quincy wrote:Um you'll want to google this because I don't remember exactly what you do but egg yolk... It's kind of gross smelling but its suppose to work.
Forace wrote:.

xD

Yeah I had to use that stuff (it's just called accutane in the US, it's now been linked to ple have health issues later in life) it dry out my skin horribly and I became a chapstick junkie because of it but it worked. Here it's mandatory to be on birth control when taking it, they won't give it to u if your not
i think they actully banned accutane for suicidal thoughts and depression in teens who took it...
Killjoychemicalchaos
Killjoychemicalchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Killjoychemicalchaos Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:16 am

Alright heres it... Use a glycerin soap, (cetaphil) drink a lot of water and try to stay away from things with transfats, Msg, or milk. Acne also goes away when you become vegan or eat less animal products.
Killjoychemicalchaos
Killjoychemicalchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:51 pm

i never found anything at drug stores too work.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Mwah I'm becoming vegetarian, so that's covered. I actually do drink a lot of flavored water, like Crystal Light or whatever.

I have heard of the egg yolk treatment, but that just sounds nasty. o.o

I use a product called AcneFree, it's like a three step program, and I have the Elf Zit Zapper(yay! it works!), and a Revlon concealer that helps minimize zits or whatever. There are several natural things, but it requires buying stuff, and my mom won't let me buy anything. ;-;
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Quincy Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Water really does work miracles when I drink a lot of it my skin looks so much better. Also this doesn't really help a lot but I like to boil water in a bowl then put my face over it, sort of like a mini sauna for the face I guess. It helps open up your pores so dirty can be removed.
When I go without makeup and just washing my face with witch hazel my face usually is more clear than when I use lots of products on my face.
Quincy
Quincy

http://madremonstere.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost_flower Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:54 am

Sea salt is super good for acne! I had acne on my chin and after a week of using a sea salt toner it's all gone.
Watch this video if you want to learn how to do it:

It really helped me :d
ghost_flower
ghost_flower

http://ghost-flower.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:19 am

I didn't have acne
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:40 am

if i've been eating to much junk food a zit will pop up still

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Since you're 13, I think that having acne problems is normal and you shouldn't worry. I had acne when I was 12-16, too. Almost all of them are gone now. The best way to fight the acne is to keep your skin clean at all times. And also make sure that your hair doesn't cover your face so your skin can breathe. Ask a dermatologist for the most suitable cleaning gel/soap for your skin. And do not wear make-up on your skin. They'll fill in the pores and won't let your skin breathe.
Also, not eating fatty food and drinking lots of water helps.
I have a few friends who have used Roaccutane as the last resort. It does work but it's so risky, plus I don't think that you'd need to use any medicine to cure acne.
It's a phase. It'll pass. Blame the hormones.
Winter
Winter

Back to top Go down

Post by Killjoychemicalchaos Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Luna wrote:Mwah I'm becoming vegetarian, so that's covered. I actually do drink a lot of flavored water, like Crystal Light or whatever.

I use a product called AcneFree, it's like a three step program, and I have the Elf Zit Zapper(yay! it works!), and a Revlon concealer that helps minimize zits or whatever. There are several natural things, but it requires buying stuff, and my mom won't let me buy anything. ;-;
Belive me being vegetarian dosn't help. I was Vegetarian for a year and it wasn't because of acne it was because i loved animals. I still do and I rarely ever eat meat. Ok this is exactly what happens to me. Were' going through hormonal phases and at that time acne becomes worse because of it. (It's science haha stupid science) so this is what you need to do for it..... Make sure you check what your eating! Think about what's in food and read the ingredients of everything you eat. What I do is I will look at something and read the back.... If there are things with names in it I don't know or can't read I say "I'm not eating" this and i go get something healthy. For example: Things like hostess cupcakes and cheap candy are really bad for your skin because of the oils and fats. The things you eat will affect your skin. So if you want it to go away a little easier be vegan. No animal products or meat. Having no animal products elliminates a lot of fatty unwanted oils in your diet . Another thing is that water is SO GOOD FOR YOU! Drink 8 glasses of water every day and eat things that have water that has been absorbed in them naturally, (Lots of veggies and fruit Very Happy!) Finally use a glycerin based soap to wash your face. Glycerin really is good because it slowly heals your skin and takes away bad oils from your skin and replenishes it with the things you need, like water! So your face isn't too dry with it. take my advice I struggle with acne all the time and one more thing: I used to wear makeup to cover my zits, well the zits would go away but the makeup would bring more! All of this sucks but it's just a phase and i'm sure you will come out beautiful! Very Happy goodluck!
Killjoychemicalchaos
Killjoychemicalchaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Killjoychemicalchaos wrote:
Luna wrote:Mwah I'm becoming vegetarian, so that's covered. I actually do drink a lot of flavored water, like Crystal Light or whatever.

Belive me being vegetarian dosn't help. I was Vegetarian for a year and it wasn't because of acne it was because i loved animals. I still do and I rarely ever eat meat. Ok this is exactly what happens to me. Were' going through hormonal phases and at that time acne becomes worse because of it. (It's science haha stupid science) so this is what you need to do for it..... Make sure you check what your eating! Think about what's in food and read the ingredients of everything you eat. What I do is I will look at something and read the back.... If there are things with names in it I don't know or can't read I say "I'm not eating" this and i go get something healthy. For example: Things like hostess cupcakes and cheap candy are really bad for your skin because of the oils and fats. The things you eat will affect your skin. So if you want it to go away a little easier be vegan. No animal products or meat. Having no animal products elliminates a lot of fatty unwanted oils in your diet . Another thing is that water is SO GOOD FOR YOU! Drink 8 glasses of water every day and eat things that have water that has been absorbed in them naturally, (Lots of veggies and fruit Very Happy!) Finally use a glycerin based soap to wash your face. Glycerin really is good because it slowly heals your skin and takes away bad oils from your skin and replenishes it with the things you need, like water! So your face isn't too dry with it. take my advice I struggle with acne all the time and one more thing: I used to wear makeup to cover my zits, well the zits would go away but the makeup would bring more! All of this sucks but it's just a phase and i'm sure you will come out beautiful! Very Happy goodluck!

THATS SUCH A LONG PARAGRAPH. ;-; I read it anyway. I think I would die without cheese and milk tho. Lol. I eat way more of it than I think. AND NO ICE CREAM. OH HECK NAW. Lol. No veganism for Riley. Razz I really do want to become vegetarian. I have started drinking wayyyy more water, like I get bottled water and put a flavor packet in(Peach Mango green tea lol) I have started eating more(shudder) veggies. I like most of them raw, I don't like cooked veggies that much. I love every single fruit, except maybe kiwi. So, I do eat a lot of health foods, but I do eat fatty stuff, but most has meat, like Slim Jims and bacon, so that will cut down on fatty oils. Also, I only wear concealer, eye makeup, and lip gloss, and the concealer helps clear zits, and I've noticed a difference. So yeah. Thankies for the tips tho. Very Happy
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Forace Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm sure many have seen this video, but I just watched it and thought that it could be shared here... I think this might help me to some extent, since my acne seems to concentrate on the chin area instead of the T-zone like it did when I was younger. That happens when we get older, naturally. I don't feel stressed, though, at least I don't think so... :) But for some reason my face breaks out pretty badly, and sometimes it's really painful. I'll try out the tips in the video and see if there's any change.

So, any more acne tips? Preferably those you've noticed to be effective :D

//I just remembered this video, too. I'm yet to try it out, I always forget to buy honey...

Forace
Forace

Back to top Go down

Post by mile Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 am

i'm on treatment. i do chemical peelings and i'm having 70mg of Accuran everyday for the past 2 months, and probably for one more.. i see the change on my skin.. it has dryed my lips to hell, but it's working!! i don't have a boyfriend at the moment so pregnancy is not an option.. i hope it works.. the dermatologist gave me some tips.. you better follow them.. plenty of water, o a lot of vitamin C (oranges and lemons) and putting on your face ice cubes... i take one everyday, on a napkin, and do circular moves all around my face..
mile
mile

Back to top Go down

Post by EetuJaKeijut Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:12 am

I have basically tried EVERYTHING for my acne during these past.. umm maybe four years? And yeah it's better than it used to be but it's no way even far gone and it's kinda killing me because i'm already 19 and i'm afraid it's not going away. The biggest problem with my acne is actually my other skin conditions like my paraben allergy and atopic skin. The only thing i haven't tried is accutane and i cant have that because my skin is way too sensitive and it would basically kill my face for good.

I do got a lot of tips that might work for other people. Tea tree oil is superb, that's pretty much the best acne treatment i know and it worked the best for me as well. Also as someone mentioned steam facials are a good thing, also there's this facial i do now and then that works, honey + milk + virgin olive oil, about a tea spoon of everything, add it to your face and let it stay for like 30 minutes.

Last edited by EetuJaKeijut on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
EetuJaKeijut
EetuJaKeijut

http://www.myspace.com/epicaaliikaafanittava

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 am

My skin has gotten so much worse over the last few months. It's actually making me a bit depressed. My skin has never been as bad as it's now. Ugh. In order to get my acne under control I've made a list over things I can't eat (fatty and salty food), drinking more water, eat more fruits and so on. I'm very stressed at the moment, so I'll try to relax A LOT when the holiday is coming. I also need to buy a face wash and moisturizer that'll work for my skin. If my skin doesn't get better, I'll have to go to a dermatologist to get some advice... blææ
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Forace Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Lena, wow, I hope it works! I know how harsh that treatment is. I should take more vitamin C. Or rather, all the vitamins, since I don't think I'm getting enough from just food. Fish oil capsules as well, too bad they tend to be expensive :/
Ice cubes? Never thought of that, but it makes sense; cold makes things smaller, so why not pores as well :)

Eetu, well, I'm 26 and my acne is pretty bad :D It has only changed location. And their "quality" has changed; they're now really tough and don't really come to the surface. So they're pretty deep in my skin and painful.
What brand of tea tree oil are you using? I tried the Bodyshop one many many years ago, and I remember it made my skin worse :S I'd like to test it again, though.
That facial sounds lovely, I'll try it some day :)

Beffy, it's the same for me, it has gotten worse over the last few months. I was thinking maybe the climate change has something to do with it... Does winter make acne worse? Not sure.
Try not to stress, it might be making it worse.

My acne isn't just on my face, it's on my back and upper arms as well... My hairline and jawline are the worst. Hmph :/
Forace
Forace

Back to top Go down

Post by jayson526 Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:36 pm

i just went to the skin doc near me

i break out more when stressed so now im on a MAGICAL anti stress pill that just does wonders i just took a pill and i love everyone XD
jayson526
jayson526

Back to top Go down

Post by maintube Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:27 am

I thought this article was the most informative. http://www.ehow.com/list_7146395_natural-remedies-acne-pimples.html

As a child I had the normal puberty pimple stuff, but never really suffered from full blown acne. I used the old Stridex Pads A LOT. Like twice a day. They do tend to dry your face, so girls may not like them, but they worked for me. If you have really oily hair, most of what I found said keep it off the face. The oil transfers from hair to face.

Kids in school swear by Proactive.
maintube
maintube

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:36 am

Try EFT Tapping..it's similiar to acupuncture and stuff like that..well,if u don't believe in it,than it probably doesn't work,but if u do ,it does causes miracles.. it worked for me Smile
Google it or better even,look on utube!
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarine2008 Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:05 pm

For me the biggest issue is to learn to stop touching my face and trying to pop the acne. Seems if I'm on my allergy shots I don't have a lot of problems though. I just have issues in certain area/s but like I said mostly allergies. There's different types of acne caused by different things so it's a good idea to see a derm for it.
Amarine2008
Amarine2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Forace Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:52 am

I heard a looong time ago that cumin is great against acne, but I just googled it today xD So I found this.

//Alright, I found cumin seeds at the store, seems like I'm gonna try that O.o
Forace
Forace

Back to top Go down

Post by NocturnDrops Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:24 am

I actually just started taking better care of my skin. washing my face twice a day and moisturizing(washing my hands before touching my face to wash them) . facial masks once or twice a week and my skin looks significantly better.
drinking lots of water and since I hate eating fruits I started making fruit smoothies. so yummy! I dunno alot of times what you eat ends up showing on your skin.
and I always make sure to splash some cold water in my face after cleaning it(and dab it dry, not rubbing) to close the pores and make sure dirt and bacteria cant come in as easily to clog my pores. and no more foundation. I stopped using that too.
NocturnDrops
NocturnDrops

Back to top Go down

Post by cindragale Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:02 pm

I used to have pretty bad skin aswell, but switching to a vegan diet helped so much (and birth control probably too). I hardly ever feel like I'm missing out on something since there are so many alternatives where I live… and I love creating my own versions of dairy products and what have you, it's so creative. So that works for me.

I also stripped down my skin routine. I just remove my make-up with coconut oil and splash my face with a little water in the evening, since I heard that oil cleansing is actually better for skin.
cindragale
cindragale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum