Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello.... ^-^

+3
Lady_Kandrakar
Krissy
Scarlet
7 posters

Go down

Hello.... ^-^ Empty Hello.... ^-^

Post by Scarlet Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi everyone, I'm really excited to be a part of this forum! To briefly give an idea of who I am....:

My name is Scarlet, and you can call me either that or 'Scar'

I'm from the USA

I love music <3

I love reading

I love people, we're all so beautiful

I went through a really tough time in my life, but I rose again to the light; my point in even mentioning that is so you know I've seen both sides

I am Christian, and that is a core part of me, but I of course still respect anyone with differing beliefs. I only mention it because it's important to who I am.

I believe darkness can only destroy; it consumes even itself

On a lighter note, here are some of my favorite musical artists (other than Kerli, of course). I listen to all kinds of different stuff, but I love it all! In no particular order:

AFI
Regina Spektor
My Chemical Romance
Rachael Yamagata
The Hush Sound
Nightwish
Sara Bareilles
The Used
Kate Nash
Over The Rhine
The Offspring
Evanescence
Tristan Prettyman
Fiona Apple

....and many, many, many more

Well, thanks for reading my introduction; I hope it didn't bore you. Razz Anyway, nice to join this nice little community! Smile

Much love,
Scar

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Hello.... ^-^ Empty Re: Hello.... ^-^

Post by Krissy Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:59 pm

hey welcome.nice to meet u

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Kandrakar Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:02 pm

Welcome to the forum, I'm new today as well! You're going to love it just like I did when I got into it!
Yay, you're an Evanescence fan! I love that band as much as I love Kerli!
Lady_Kandrakar
Lady_Kandrakar

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:07 pm

So nice to meet both of you! ^-^

Lady_Kandrakar: My favorite Evanescence song is "Everybody's Fool". It's hard to choose, I know, but what's yours?

P.S.: Have you heard Amy Lee's version of "Sally's Song" from The Nightmare Before Christmas? If you haven't, I'm sure you'll love it! You should go check it out!

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady_Kandrakar Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:13 pm

My favourite song by them would have too be Sweet Sacrifice. It's so hard to choose!
Yes, I have heard Sally's Song and I love it! I'm a big Amy Lee, Danny Elfman and Tim Burton fan so when I heard she was going to sing it I was like "OMFG!!! AMY'S GONNA SING SALLY'S SONG!!!" Razz

Last edited by Lady_Kandrakar on Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lady_Kandrakar
Lady_Kandrakar

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsdontsleep Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Hey!! Nice to meeeet you.
Sara Bareilles is awesome Smile Smile
dreamsdontsleep
dreamsdontsleep

http://dreamsdontsleep.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Lady_Kandrakar: Yes, yes, yes! Today my lovely AFI Pandora station played "Broken" by Seether with Amy Lee providing some guest vocals. It was AWESOME. Razz

dreamsdontsleep: Very nice to meet you! Indeed, Sara Bareilles is quite awesome. Too bad she doesn't have much stuff out.... but quality > quantity, I suppose. I love "Winter Song" with her and Ingrid Michaelson on The Hotel Café holiday CD because I also think Ingrid Michaelson is really awesome. Smile

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:12 pm

welcome ^^ I like Nightwish too <3
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi
You have good taste in music Smile
The Hush Sound, AFI, MCR, and Kate Nash are some of my favorites too
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:12 pm

Little Phoenix wrote:welcome ^^ I like Nightwish too <3

I'm a new Nightwish fan.... my boyfriend played me a few of their songs off his iPod. Smile

leafxx wrote:Hi
You have good taste in music

Why thank you, haha, you have good taste in music, too! Razz You're the only other person I think I'ver ever met who lists such different artists as favorites like I do. Smile

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust19 Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:26 pm

welcome(: hope u have fun.

pixiedust19

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Scarlet wrote:
Little Phoenix wrote:welcome ^^ I like Nightwish too &lt;3

I'm a new Nightwish fan.... my boyfriend played me a few of their songs off his iPod. Smile

leafxx wrote:Hi
You have good taste in music

Why thank you, haha, you have good taste in music, too! Razz You're the only other person I think I'ver ever met who lists such different artists as favorites like I do. Smile

Haha, yeah, when I saw your list I was pretty impressed by the variety. So much different music is so good! I can't just choose one genre or style as my favorite.
btw, you're like the only person I've talked to who listens to the hush sound! They're music is so good, it's sad that they're not working together anymore.
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:01 pm

leafxx: O.O WHAT??

Oh, no! D:

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:07 pm

yeah, they're "on hiatus". I was pretty upset when I found out. They're such a good band! They're sound is so different than anything else.
Gretta already has an album out with her new band Gold Motel.
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:10 pm

Yes, I saw that album.... :/ Oh well.

I only have one of their albums. It seems like Gretta's voice was sort of dull on their latest album, at least compared to Like Vines, which is the album I have.

Hehe.... I discovered The Hush Sound through Pandora (a free online radio, dunno if you know what it is.... if you don't, go check it out, it's AWESOME).

My favorite songs of theirs are "Wine Red" and "You Are the Moon".

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:26 pm

I love "Wine Red" and "You Are the Moon"!!! They're so beautiful!
They first song I heard of theirs was a remix of Wine Red.
I think that Like Vines was their best album. I really love "Magnolia" and "Don't Wake Me Up" and "Sweet Tangerine", too, but Wine Red will always be my favorite.
But there were some really good songs on Goodbye Blues, too. Her voice is definitely different in the latest album, but it's sort of grown on me.
Their first album, So sudden, I don't think was that good. But one song that I love from it is Momentum. Have you heard that one? It's really good
Very Happy
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:35 pm

No, I haven't, but I will. Yes, I love "Magnolia", "Don't Wake Me Up", and "Sweet Tangerine", too! I would have to say that "Wine Red" is my overall favorite song of theirs, with "You Are The Moon" coming in second. I love the lyrics and the way Gretta's voice weaves with the piano, it's so beautiful! <3

You said you like AFI and MCR? You are my new best friend. hahahahaha Smile I'm kind of disappointed with Crash Love.... I think Davey's losing his fire. It's basically pop/rock now.... AFI is not pop/rock. BUT, nevertheless, I still love AFI, and Crash Love isn't all bad. I'll be getting the I Heard A Voice live album soon! :3 So excited!

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:47 pm

hahaha I don't think he's lost his fire exactly. I like Crash Love. I mean, it is really different then their other albums, but I think Davey's voice sounds really great in it.
I really like Decemberunderground Smile It was the first album I heard of theirs.
I just saw them in concert a few weeks ago Very Happy
I still have a lot of songs of theirs to explore. They've made so much music!!
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:55 pm

He's far from it being lost, I just mean.... he seems a tad bit less enthusiastic than in previous albums. He's still amazing! Smile I especially love "Veronica Sawyer Smokes" and "Torch Song" off Crash Love.

And :O You. Are. So. Lucky! I want to see them SO BADLY! D:

Yes, they've made a lot of music. I only have Decemberunderground, Sing The Sorrow, and All Hallow's EP (the name of which I LOVE Smile ). I've heard I would say most of their music, though, through Pandora and Youtube.

As for My Chemical Romance, I have all their music except for a few songs that weren't released on albums. And except live versions of songs.

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:06 pm

I get that, I guess he's a bit less energetic.
Yeah, All Hallow's EP is a clever EP name Smile
MCR: I have 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge' and 'The Black Parade'. I want 'I Bought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love'
Recently, I've been favoring Three Cheers Very Happy
I'm excited for their next album, even though I have no idea when it'll be realeased. From what I gather, I'm think it's going to be really different from their other albums.
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:13 pm

They said they're going back to more rock-ish music.... away from the theatrical/makeup stuff on The Black Parade.

It's supposed to be released this summer, from what I gather.... I hope!

My favorite album of theirs is IBYMB,YBMYL (haha.... what a long abbreviation!). I absolutely adore "Vampires Will Never Hurt You", "Drowning Lessons", and "Demolition Lovers". Well, I love all the songs on that album, but I would have to say that those are my my top three favorites. I actually gave my boyfriend that CD for Christmas, hahaha.... too bad I don't have the actual CD, I just bought it off iTunes. I only physically have TCFSR.

Oh.... do you know who's replacing Bob Bryar? I'm confused.... o.O

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:30 pm

I don't know. I'm not very well informed on MCR anymore. I should work on that...
I really love "Hang 'Em High", "It's Not a Fashion Statement ...." and "The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You". I'm just really in a TCFSR mood right now Very Happy
But all their songs are awesome.
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Hahaha that's okay. I think I've reached a supreme level of stalk-age of MCR.... that is, without following them around. That would be plain out creepy. Hahaha but yeah.... their drummer, Bob Bryar, is no longer in the band. :/

The Vitamin String Quartet did a bunch of MCR's songs.... they're absolutely beautiful. I have "Helena" and "Vampires Will Never Hurt You". You can find them on iTunes if you're interested. Oooh, and also "All I Want For Christmas Is You." <3

I especially love "Cemetery Drive". It's about (or at least partially about) how Gerard Way, the lead singer, was held at gunpoint at random when he was I think 15. "Way, down. Way, down." Like a command.... assuming they knew his name, I suppose.... I don't know. I also love "Interlude", even though it's so short. "Saints, protect her.... now..... Come, angels of.... the Lord.... Come, angels of.... the Lord...." <3

And yes. All of their songs ARE awesome. Smile

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:03 pm

hahahaha nice. at least you haven't resorted to physically following them around. That's crossing a line or two.
I haven't heard the Vitamin String Quartet covers, but that sounds really cool, I'll definitely check that out.
I never knew that about "Cemetery Drive"! I've been listening to that song for years. huh. You learn something knew every day. That must have been insanely traumatic for Gerard.
Interlude is cool. I like the whole mood of it Smile
I also really like "To The End". "Say goodbye to the hearts you break and all the cyanide you drank."
On The Black Parade, I really love "House of Wolves" and "the Sharpest Lives"
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:36 pm

I found this on Yahoo Answers:

"At the age of 15, Gerard was held up at gun point, as stated in a recent Rolling Stone article: "I got held up with a .357 Magnum, [I] had a gun pointed to my head and [was] put on the floor, execution-style." The incident did not, however, impinge on his views of the world. He went on to say that "no matter how ugly the world gets or how stupid it shows me it is, I always have faith."" - http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/34098/15/

I also discovered something I had not previously known (shame on my stalker skills!) about Mikey Way (Gerard's younger brother, also in the band):

"Mikey Way has been held at gunpoint twice."One time, a guy told me that if I didnt give him all my money that he was going to shoot everyone in this pizzeria," recounts Way, "of what was becoming a recurrence of hostile reactions.In which case, I grabbed my friend and ran out of the place. Another time, I was on my cellphone next to the venue, and some kid put a gun to my throat and was like,Gimme all your money. I was like:'Dude, I dont have any money.' So, he just punched me in my throat.""

Of course, I'm not sure that that's true, but if it is.... wow.

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by leafxx Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:25 pm

wow. That's... i don't even know. like. wow.
That's good that Gerard still has faith in the world.
And if that is true about Mikey, than that's insane. I don't even know what to say. I would have been so scared. They're obviously a lot breaver than me.
leafxx
leafxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:50 am

I adore Nightwish! You have great taste in music. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:08 am

xXxShadowFairyxXx wrote:I adore Nightwish! You have great taste in music. Very Happy

and her boyfriend too Razz
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:42 am

Hehehe.... yes Smile The first song he played for me was "Nemo".

I think it's really beautiful how they combine metal and classical music, and of course those beautiful vocals. ^-^

Scarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:57 am

tarja kicks ass x)
thoumas is a hell of an artist <3
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 am