Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pegasi of Endless Mountain

Go down

The Pegasi of Endless Mountain Empty The Pegasi of Endless Mountain

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:15 am

Part 1: Garlands of Moonflowers

All the little fillies gathered round under the shining moon, just outside the edge of the Everfree forest. They wore garlands of purple moonflowers. One little filly named Glisten Dawn asked her big sister Cloud Prancer , "Why do we wear garlands of purple moonflowers on the night of the falling stars?". It was her first Night of the Falling Stars, and Glisten Dawn was filled with a sense of thrilling curiosity.

"Well, Glisten, it's to pay homage to the princess. The princess of the night. She had been gone for a thousand years, so the tradition is old, but now that harmony has been restored to Equestria, the princess is no longer banished, we have revived this tradition" said Cloud Prancer.

Glisten Dawn looked around and noticed that she was the only earth pony in the group, and everyone else was a pegasis. She had asked before, why she was an earth pony and her sister wasn't, and it was simply because somewhere down the family line there was an earth pony, and it seems Glisten Dawn had taken after them. However, Cloud Prancer never let this get in the way of her little sister's dreams of going above the clouds. Sadly, most of the pegasi of Endless Valley could not fly. And soon, they would hear the tale about the reason why, when Princess Luna arrives.

Suddenly there was a rustling of the leaves, and all the fillies and ponies began to mutter quietly. The first row all dropped their heads in a bow. Glisten Dawn looked to her sister. Soon she bowed as well, so Glisten Dawn followed suit and shut her eyes tight. She had never beheld the princess before. She was nervous. Being the youngest filly, with no cutiemark and never having seen the princess, she felt quite self conscious.

Glisten Dawn opened one eye, and upon beholding Princess Luna alighting on the soft grass with her royal guards, she gasped---Never had she seen such a beautiful alicorn. The young filly trembled in awe as she slowly rose her head along with the other attendees. She quickly bowed again, and nestled against Cloud Prancer's forelegs, shyly.

"It's okay, Glis. You can look" she whispered.

"We have arrived!" announced Princess Luna in a voice like thunder and rain. "Hear ye, subjects! For this is the night of the falling stars, the night where the pegasi of Endless Mountain fell to their demise and lost their flight!".

Glisten Dawn yelped and hid lower. She didn't know if she should be afraid or enthralled. The amethyst sky was filled with clouds, but they slowly departed to reveal a beautifully full waxen moon. The princess was silhouetted against it when she flew up into the air and spread her glorious indigo wings. From her horn came a hyacinthine spark that burst into glitter, that danced and dazzled around the princess as she slowly came back down again. Everyone gasped in amazement, and bowed once more.

"Who would like to join us, as we tell the story of your ancestors?" asked the princess sweetly. Glisten Dawn looked up quickly, eyes wide. Cloud Dancer looked down at her sister and said, "follow me! let's get closer, maybe she'll pick one of us!". Glisten Dawn was very afraid, but she followed close behind her sister, whose tail wacked her muzzle many times, causing her to loose sight and tumble to the ground. Her light pink coat got marred by flecks of soil. Somepony giggled, and Glisten Dawn drooped her head, shamefaced. They reached towards the front of the eager crowd.

"Pick me your highness! Pick me!" was heard all around. Glisten Dawn hid behind Cloud Dancer who fervently called for the princess' attention.

Princess Luna's glittering ultramarine and violet mane blew in the wind as she approached the crowd. Her royal guards immediately came to her flanks.

"There, young filly" she announced. Glisten jumped and hid her face in the grass. Soon, she did not feel her sister's warmth, and suddenly felt like she was all by herself. When she opened her eyes, she was singled out. The magnificent princess stood before her, glowering above her, and the scent of wild berries swirled in the air.

Glisten Dawn was mortified. Cloud Dancer jumped with joy. "My sister!" she exclaimed gleefully.

"Come, what is your name?" the princess asked in a sweeter tone. Music to Glisten Dawn's ears.

"Gli-Glisten D-Dawn" the filly stammered.

"What a beautiful name!" the princess vociferated euphorically. She put out a hoff and pulled Glisten Dawn towards her, and nuzzled her gently. Glisten Dawn felt warm, but shivered, as if slightly electrified by the power and pulchritude of the revered princess of the night.

"Long ago on this day," she began. Glisten Dawn shut her eyes to imagine along with her words. "A great clan of pegasi lived her in Endless Valley. On nights as clear as this one, they could see the great forbidden peaks of the Endless Mountain, that stretched infinitely up through the sky. At the summit of that mountain, your princess knew that a dangerous thunder cloud dwelt there, and forbid all from attempting to fly to it".

"However, a brazen few decided to disobey the princess of the night who knew of the dark skies. One such pegasis happened to be an earth pony, and the leader of the brazen few. This pony's heart was full of shadows, much like your princess's heart was, and she was very insolent. She was called Nova, and she dreamed of touching the skies, so much so that no other pony mattered, in her eyes".

Glisten Dawn gulped. If Nova was the only earth pony, and one of her ancestors, then surely, perhaps she was a descendant of Nova? Was this why Princess Luna had chosen her to tell the tale with? Glisten hoped not. She heard many whispers coming from the crowd.

"So Nova desired to challenge your princess, at the expense of the safety of other ponies. In a battle led by Nova, I sent a ravaging dark storm to subdue her, and many ponies vanished."

Everyone fell silent. They showed respect by looking down at their hooves, avoiding the princess' ardorous gaze.

"But do not be sad, for the more doleful part awaits". Glisten Dawn looked up at the princess, unsure of what to think or say. The princess expression became very morose. "Nova was not finished, despite the damage that had been caused. Her bold defiance inspired another pony, a pegasis called Clover Dusk who devised a new plan. He would lead all the pegasi up Endless Mountain on his own, and then overthrow us".

"We made a deal with the pegasi of Endless Mountain. We granted them protection if they vowed to never defy us again. But Clover Dusk was adamant about his plans and kept them secret. To commemorate our victory against Nova, Everypony wore a garland of purple moonflowers that grew on the night of a full moon"
The Pegasi of Endless Mountain $(KGrHqF,!qsE88gcGqvoBPemhHnPIg~~60_35
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

http://nectyreen.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

The Pegasi of Endless Mountain Empty Re: The Pegasi of Endless Mountain

Post by Amaranthus-Myst Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:18 am

~Part 2 is on the way. I saw that there were no stories set in the Equestria (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic) universe so I went ahead and did it. This is my very first FiMfic, and it is starring my #1 favorite princess. Here are the songs I listened to while writing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1rgdBNkYT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjbUB6fnefI
Amaranthus-Myst
Amaranthus-Myst

http://nectyreen.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down