Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zora

+2
phantom1701
DarkMoon
6 posters

Go down

Zora Empty Zora

Post by DarkMoon Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:49 am

Zora is an up-and-coming electronica Vocalist, Producer, Songwriter and DJ. She prides herself on composing, recording, and producing her own music – as well as creating and editing her own music videos. Zora often collaborates with other producers in a variety of genres but is currently focusing on producing her next solo EP/album, set for release this summer, 2012.

This songstress’s music is a blend of vocal artistry and electronic fervor, encompassing multiple genres to express the myriad of emotions she experiences. Upon hearing some of Zora’s happier, carefree dance tunes, most wouldn’t think to assume that she came from humble beginnings; having to face life’s hurdles and unpredictability early on. But despite her jovial demeanor and catchy pop tunes, she has had her share of struggles, as revealed in her darker, more introspective autobiographical songs. Nonetheless, Zora’s music is a reflection of her determination to transcend adversity, as well as to leave the listener with sounds that know no limits or boundaries.

Hungarian by birth, American by circumstance, Zora’s inspiration for music has been shaped by hardships she experienced early in life. At the age of three she was separated from her father after he fled Communist Hungary in hopes of finding a better life in America. This was followed by the sudden and tragic death of her mother. In turn, at the age of eight, Zora packed up her life in Hungary to reconnect with her father living overseas in America.

Zora’s move to the U.S. was bittersweet. While it opened doors to an exciting world of new possibilities, it also left her conflicted and isolated. As first-generation immigrants, the family often moved from state to state, trying to find their place in the new world. Zora spent much of her childhood years wandering and exploring the U.S. By the time Zora graduated high school, she had attended more than twenty different districts throughout the country. Growing up amongst kids who didn’t embrace her cultural differences, Zora also found herself being ostracized by her peers. It was during this time of instability that Zora turned to music for escape. In her bedroom, sequestered from the turmoil that ransacked seemingly every moment of her life, Zora exercised the one joy in her life that had not been stripped from her. She sang. Her gift, her passion, was her voice, a voice she came to find could channel anguish and make the world outside her bedroom fade.

Zora’s vocal abilities were recognized early on. In Budapest, she sang for a televised commercial at the age of six, and at the age of sixteen, successfully auditioned for a national singing competition. Zora found solace in singing, even at a young age. She started writing songs at the age of thirteen, and as the years progressed, Zora participated in numerous talent shows, “open mics” and chamber choir performances in New York and Ohio.

Zora’s introduction into the professional music world was preceded by her education however, as she embraced the stability of a college education with the intention of becoming a Doctor. She earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and was accepted into Medical School. But it was here that Zora understood that her passion for music could not be suppressed. The exactness of science compounded with an atmosphere of the sick and the dying thrust Zora back into the arena of composition. With no room for creativity in medical school as well as her increasing frustration with the corrupt medical establishment that exists today, she finally decided to once and for all end the internal conflict that had been playing in her head since the beginning. Zora dropped out of medical school to face her next big challenge in life: Pursuing her dream of making it in the music industry. Having faced mortality both inside and outside of the classroom has given her a fearless edge, which is why giving up financial stability and security does not scare her.

As she puts it. “What would be more daunting is looking back when I’m old, knowing that I did not take the chance to pursue the one thing that truly makes me happy. A path laden with obstacles only makes one stronger. And cutting into human flesh gives you insight and a new perspective on life. For me, it was the realization that I would rather die than to confine that free, creative spirit and voice that’s been itching to come out for so long. I suppose I’m a bit eccentric, but I’ve come to terms with that. I simply cannot and will no longer fight that uninhibited, spontaneous, ‘bohemian’ blood that flows inside of my veins.”

From classical to electronic, Zora has had a wide range of influences, which over time have evolved considerably. Growing up in the cities of Budapest and New York, Zora was heavily immersed in the culture of each city; attending piano concertos, operas and musical theatre productions, early on. Recently, Zora’s collaborations with European producers have gained her an appreciation for electronic music; including Dubstep, Drum & Bass, Trance, Progressive House, and Dance music. A self-taught pianist, Zora is also quickly gaining recognition on YouTube for her soulful renditions of popular songs.

In October of 2010, Zora released her self-produced debut EP, “Cognitive Dissonance.” She produced, wrote and recorded the four songs on the EP which is now available on SoundCloud. Recently, Zora released her Electronica EP entitled, “Synthetic Love,” which was produced by U.K. Producer/DJ/Remixer, Paul Rayner. This album is a fusion of Dark Electro-Pop, Dubstep and Down-tempo tunes – with an additional Tech-House remix track… Upon completion of a dozen-or-so original electronica collaboration tracks in 2011, this new year, Zora has decided to focus on her solo material.

Currently, Zora is working on her self-produced EPs. If one must categorize these albums into a genre, then the first EP would be labeled “dark electro-acoustic,” in which she combines her love of the piano with vibrant electronic soundscapes and haunting vocals — while the second EP promises to be more Dubstep oriented; made to get people ‘down and dirty’ on the dance floor.

This summer, Zora will be performing out and promoting her new music at some local shows in Cleveland, Akron, Columbus, Chicago and surrounding cities — in addition to doing some live DJ gigs as well. Then later this fall, she plans on relocating to Los Angeles.

Having lived all over the world, from Eastern Europe to the Caribbean islands – and from New York to Los Angeles; Zora draws inspiration for her songs from her abundance of travels and life experiences. Change is in her blood, so living the lifestyle of a vagabond entertainer seems to fit her thirst for the new & exciting adventures that await her…

posted from her website

She only have 4 music videos her ep u can get it on itunes.

http://zoramusic.com/bio/ her website =p

Tell me what you think about her Razz
DarkMoon
DarkMoon

Back to top Go down

Zora Empty Re: Zora

Post by phantom1701 Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:41 am

she's amazing! thanks for telling me
i'm spreading the word Very Happy
phantom1701
phantom1701

http://www.nightwish-croatia.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:41 am

Wow, I really like her. She reminds me a bit of Angelzoom. Chasing Demons and Walls are really good!
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:07 pm

she's like something between lykke li and lana del rey
phantom1701
phantom1701

Back to top Go down

Post by Aduhm Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:36 pm

she added me randomly on youtube. i should check her out:D
Aduhm
Aduhm

Location : In a Black, Black World, there was a Black, Black Town.

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkMoon Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:10 pm

^ I found out about her when she added randomly added me on youtube too XD. Im surprised that she did everything herself.
DarkMoon
DarkMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:48 am

random info

zora means dawn in croatian Very Happy
phantom1701
phantom1701

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkBarrierLou Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:11 am

Wow I like her, will search more about her thanks for sharring Very Happy
PinkBarrierLou
PinkBarrierLou

Back to top Go down

Post by KayKay_KS Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:25 pm

She sounds really amazing! I think shes an artist I can really grow to love! Ill def. check more of her out and ill spread the word!
KayKay_KS
KayKay_KS

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:04 am

phantom1701
phantom1701

Back to top Go down

Post by phantom1701 Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:31 pm

AMAZING *__*