Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which version of Butterfly Cry do you like the best?

+20
blackpixiedust
butterflycryx3
BrowniesBeffy
Natt
DragonflyArg
joseph325625
moonchild_amarah
GeoffKoiv
Little Phoenix
loonylovegood
mimi
pixiedust19
TheLastSongbird
Gretta
dreamsdontsleep
Lilee
Krissy
Poetic
kurokai
out of the hollow
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which version of Butterfly Cry do you like the best? Empty Which version of Butterfly Cry do you like the best?

Post by out of the hollow Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:11 pm

The Love is Dead version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzt3NjGNQmQ&feature=related

or the demo version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmgXU35QPPU

I personally love the demo a bit more. The instrumental is so minimalistic that you focus more on the words and her voice. It's very calming and sounds like a lullaby, and whatever echo effect they use on her voice towards the end of the song is so pretty.

I also don't like the baseline in the Love is Dead version.
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Which version of Butterfly Cry do you like the best? Empty Re: Which version of Butterfly Cry do you like the best?

Post by kurokai Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:33 pm

out of the hollow wrote:The Love is Dead version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzt3NjGNQmQ&feature=related

or the demo version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmgXU35QPPU

I personally love the demo a bit more. The instrumental is so minimalistic that you focus more on the words and her voice. It's very calming and sounds like a lullaby, and whatever echo effect they use on her voice towards the end of the song is so pretty.

I also don't like the baseline in the Love is Dead version.
The same for me I realy prefer this one and that most be one of my favrite songs of kerli !!
this song helped me so much i even drawn a butterfly on my wall and wrote :let the butterfly s cry for you ^^
kurokai
kurokai

http://alex-ignatius.over-blog.com/

Back to top Go down

Which version of Butterfly Cry do you like the best? Empty Re: Which version of Butterfly Cry do you like the best?

Post by Poetic Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Both songs show different emotions towards the song. The real is much deeper, darker. Shows depression is serious. Shows how painful it is. But still makes you happy for the things in life you DO have. The second one is encouraging, and just a little more ... tribal. I personally like the effect of the first better. And I LOVE the baseline in the Love is Dead version, simple sounding, but has a twist to it. (4 beats, 4 beats, 5 beats, 3 beats.) Plus when the guitar at "Find yourself and you're beautiful, you do not grow the seeds of pain in you) is MESMERIZING!

Either way, it's an AMAZING song.
Poetic
Poetic

Back to top Go down

Post by kurokai Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:21 pm

true that both are nice ^^
but I just prefer the second one
kurokai
kurokai

http://alex-ignatius.over-blog.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Poetic wrote:Both songs show different emotions towards the song. The real is much deeper, darker. Shows depression is serious. Shows how painful it is. But still makes you happy for the things in life you DO have. The second one is encouraging, and just a little more ... tribal. I personally like the effect of the first better. And I LOVE the baseline in the Love is Dead version, simple sounding, but has a twist to it. (4 beats, 4 beats, 5 beats, 3 beats.) Plus when the guitar at "Find yourself and you're beautiful, you do not grow the seeds of pain in you) is MESMERIZING!

Either way, it's an AMAZING song.

Yes, there's really no way this song couldn't be amazing.. it's just a great song Smile

I'd never thought about the two versions as conveying different emotions towards the song, but you're right, the real one does show the serious side of depression. Maybe that's why I like the demo more, because it seems more comforting, while the other is personal and a bit painful. And I forgot about that guitar part, but it is awesome!
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:59 pm

They both sound pretty much the same to me..Just the music is a little different..I guess i like the first one one the best..

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilee Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:21 pm

I'll admit, Butterfly Cry was my least favorite song on Love is Dead. But when I heard the alternate version I loved it! I wish they had put that one on the album instead.
Lilee
Lilee

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsdontsleep Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Woah! I really like the album version, but the demo is super cool too *_*
dreamsdontsleep
dreamsdontsleep

http://dreamsdontsleep.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretta Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:54 am

I love both but I like the alternative version more Razz Very Happy
Gretta
Gretta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:35 am

Demo!!! I remember she had it on her myspace years and years ago. I L-O-V-E-D it. It still is one of my favorite song's from her!!!! I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:21 am

hmm...I like the alternate version too..You guy's are right lots of emotion in her voice..Wish i could d/l this

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLastSongbird Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:41 am

I love the demo version, because Kerli's voice is so comforting and it's more melodic sounding than the Love is Dead version, but they are both beautiful songs in different ways Smile

Actually, the version I prefer to listen to differs depending on my mood. If I'm feeling really down, I'm more likely to listen to the Love is Dead version. If I listen to that version when I'm sad, I feel as though Kerli is reflecting my feelings through the dark sound of the music and that helps me to cry, so I can start to feel better. Her music heals me when I'm going through bad times.

Kerli's music is truly magical like that, don't you think?
TheLastSongbird
TheLastSongbird

Back to top Go down

Post by pixiedust19 Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:36 am

i like the demo version the best.

pixiedust19

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:56 pm

i lisiten to her music when iam sad.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:25 pm

TheLastSongbird wrote:Her music heals me when I'm going through bad times.

Kerli's music is truly magical like that, don't you think?

Me too. And it definitely is. Very Happy I love you
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by out of the hollow Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:27 pm

butterflycry2010 wrote: hmm...I like the alternate version too..You guy's are right lots of emotion in her voice..Wish i could d/l this

I think you can Wink Google it!
out of the hollow
out of the hollow

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:32 pm

ty

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:22 am

i prefer the demo version.
as with bulletproof. did anyone hear the demo version like 5 years ago? i did, it was SO beautiful. it is now as well, but the demo was all acoustic and piano and it was so breathtaking!
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsdontsleep Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:33 am

Is it still around then?
dreamsdontsleep
dreamsdontsleep

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:34 am

no its not. i asked kerli for it and she was like 'i thought YOU had it?'....

which just made me... like.. why would i have it??? Very Happy
mimi
mimi
Admin

http://www.kerli.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamsdontsleep Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:07 am

Hahahah that's cute Razz
dreamsdontsleep
dreamsdontsleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:19 am

To bad all the demo's were not still up

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:16 am

I like the demo, because it has more of a "Kerli" feel to it. I love the other version too, but the demo speaks to me more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:11 am

yeah, it does

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by loonylovegood Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:10 pm

i like the demo version more
loonylovegood
loonylovegood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:24 pm

me 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Phoenix Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:18 am

album version Smile
Little Phoenix
Little Phoenix

http://www.myspace.com/littlephoenix93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:34 pm

I like the demo version the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffKoiv Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:25 am

Demo !!! I love you _ I love you
GeoffKoiv
GeoffKoiv

https://www.facebook.com/GeoffGORE

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:54 am

I prefer version no. 2)
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:23 pm

both

Back to top Go down

Post by joseph325625 Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:29 pm

hmmm i think i like the demo a tiny bit more
joseph325625
joseph325625

http://www.myspace.com/400641326

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild_amarah Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:42 am

ooh..and yeah I sure prefer the alternate version cause I kinda met my soulsister through it I love you
moonchild_amarah
moonchild_amarah

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonflyArg Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:31 pm

when i listened Kerli's music for the first time, I listened the demo version, and i didn't know about the existence of another version of Buttefly cry, so that was the only one that i liked xD
But when i could get the CD (I live in Argentina, and here "Love is Dead" is not in the shops to buy, neither I have an account on iTunes, so I had to buy it on USA) I could listen the other version of the song and I was like *o* It's the most beautiful!
But now, I couldn't chose between these versions, because it depends of my mood when I'm listening music Smile
DragonflyArg
DragonflyArg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:36 pm

I like both now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:15 am

My fav is album version Wink
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrowniesBeffy Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:45 pm

I like the Alternate version most, but the Album Version is also great.
It is the same song but they are kinda different. The alternate is more calming and sounds like a lullaby way thingy, the album version is little bit more "higher".. urgh... can't explain Razz
BrowniesBeffy
BrowniesBeffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Think the demo sounds more depressing.....

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:06 pm

butterflycry2010 why?
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:10 pm

I don't know..Just has that feel to it...The music.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by butterflycryx3 Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Demo Smile
butterflycryx3
butterflycryx3

Back to top Go down

Post by blackpixiedust Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:05 pm

I love both, but the demo has a more ethereal feel to it, which I love. :]
blackpixiedust
blackpixiedust

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:09 pm

agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Natt Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:11 pm

butterflycry2010 wrote:I don't know..Just has that feel to it...The music.

Ok. thanks Smile
Natt
Natt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:20 am

it's hard to pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Both of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixie Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:36 pm

I love them both but I do prefer the album version it was the first song I ever fell in love with. Smile
Nixie
Nixie

Back to top Go down

Post by sofierain Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:45 pm

demo all the way! i love it!
sofierain
sofierain

https://facebook.com/sofierain

Back to top Go down

Post by alis18 Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:22 pm

mmm there are some sounds in the demo version and the cd version that
i would like to be together and that way make the perfect version XDD
I like both....I can't choose one=)
alis18
alis18

https://www.facebook.com/aliciangli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hexe Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:54 am

demo (:

Hexe

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=1258204190

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next