Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal Testing

5 posters

Go down

Animal Testing  Empty Animal Testing

Post by TheReaperess Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:32 pm

I have recently found out that Maybelline and Covergirl use animal testing. I personally think it is wrong and have decide to boycott any product that animal tests. I feel it is cruel to do such rotten things to defensless creatures with no voice and I for one, would love to speak out for them.
Just wondering, does anyone agree with me?
<3 Love ya!
TheReaperess
TheReaperess

Back to top Go down

Animal Testing  Empty Re: Animal Testing

Post by Midnight Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:29 am

I agree with you!
But here's something you maybe should know too:

Many of the products on our supermarket shelves, from lipsticks to floor cleaners, have either been tested on animals or contain ingredients that have.

While some products carry labels claiming that their brand is ‘not tested on animals’ or is ‘against animal testing’, these are often confusing and do not guarantee that the product is actually free from animal testing. Only the Leaping Bunny can provide peace of mind.

Products bearing the Leaping Bunny mark are certified ‘cruelty free’ under the internationally-recognised Humane Cosmetics or Humane Household Products Standards.

These rigorous standards stipulate that no animal testing is conducted or commissioned for finished products or ingredients in any phase of product development by the company, its laboratories or its suppliers after a fixed cut-off date.

Source: http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/consumer/the-leaping-bunny

Here's a site where you can see which products are without animal testing (green) or with animal testing (red): http://www.computersterne.de/tierschutz/liste.htm
It's in german...but I think it's a good site because I got to it from gocrueltyfree.org. Maybe someone find a better one...
Midnight
Midnight

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:12 pm

Yeah,Think it's wrong

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:59 pm

It's awful. I know Hard Candy makeup(found at Wal Mart) doesn't test on animals. Smile
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReaperess Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:52 pm

yeah, I am trying to find cruelty free products. I recently found a site explaining the Draize Test..its some sort of test where they throw products into rabbits' eyes and it is very painful for them and tehy often break their necks and backs trying to get out of their restraints ...my heart just breaks over that
TheReaperess
TheReaperess

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReaperess Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Luna wrote:It's awful. I know Hard Candy makeup(found at Wal Mart) doesn't test on animals. Smile

Yes, I loooove Hard Candy ^^
TheReaperess
TheReaperess

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:22 pm

TheReaperess wrote:
Luna wrote:It's awful. I know Hard Candy makeup(found at Wal Mart) doesn't test on animals. Smile

Yes, I loooove Hard Candy ^^

Yessssss it's amazing... And the eyeshadows are so pigmented.... It's perfect. C:
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReaperess Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:46 pm

my favorite things are the lipsticks. I recently tried the primers, they are amaizing. I wish I coudl find more great cosmetics that do not animal test
TheReaperess
TheReaperess

Back to top Go down

Post by Riley Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:49 pm

I know. I got a lip stick, and I carry all of my stuff in my back pocket, and I was applying the lip stick, and it was kinda melted but I didn't notice and IT BROKE OFF D:
I love the mascaras and the eyeliners.

I really wish there were more cosmetics that fer shore(yes i spelled both wrong Razz) don't test on animals.
Riley
Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReaperess Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:52 pm

oh thats awful, I would get confused XD
A lot of the cosmetics I know of that do not test are more expensive and we don't have a store close to us..I live in West Virginia, so go figure
TheReaperess
TheReaperess

Back to top Go down

Post by catloafwithpotato Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Some companies don't test products on animals, but they buy ingredients for their products that were used by other companies on animals. This is where it all gets murky.

I don't support PETA (because they are hypocrites; see: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/) but they do have a list of companies that don't animal test: http://www.peta.org/living/beauty-and-personal-care/companies/default.aspx

And here is a list made by an individual of brands/companies that was researched by this blogger http://www.mymakeupmirror.com/MakeupWithoutCruelty.php <--she even has vegan products with a heart next to them.
catloafwithpotato
catloafwithpotato

http://katloaf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReaperess Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:59 pm

that is awesome! I wonder if Pixi products have done anything. Thye ahve the best cosmetic poder I have ever found. I am very very pale and it amtches perfectly!!!
TheReaperess
TheReaperess

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReaperess Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:59 pm

that is awesome! I wonder if Pixi products have done anything. Thye ahve the best cosmetic poder I have ever found. I am very very pale and it amtches perfectly!!!
TheReaperess
TheReaperess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum