Table of Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3

5 posters

Go down

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 Empty Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3

Post by Natt Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:53 am

WRITING

We are about to release the first single and wrap up the album so besides all the stuff I’m doing in my bedroom, my label flew me to Europe to try out a few epic collaborators. I worked with so many cool teams: Play and Win in Romania, Filthy, DadaLife and 78 in Sweden. Did like 8 new songs. My brain is still fried from this kind of writing. I usually work on my own so it’s strange to go to the studio and just crank out stuff. Being not inspired is not an option when your label is on the phone, wanting to hear something by the next day. Swim or fucking sink, right? lol.
Anyway, I did write some really good stuff and it’s always fun to see what other people have been cooking up so u can then merge their vision with yours. It’s just like someone coming over with different ingredients than what you usually use to boil your soup.
I was really inspired by the element air on this trip. I am an air sign Aquarius so I naturally am drawn to it but this was especially intense.
I’ve been liking fire lately as well but yea, this was a very airy writing experience. Lots of sky themes, evoking air spirits.
I do insane science studies when I write lyrics. I order books from amazon to learn about specific themes and words and colors and magic and then try to make it really simple. I wanna know everything there is to know about everything!Smile

this pic is from Romania:) I was giving a reading to one of the producers from Play&Win in the middle of a very very late night writing session. The energy was off the hook that night and we wrote something really great.

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 IMG_2014-1

Now there’s like 5-6 more tracks I need to finish in my house and then if nothing epic slaps me in the face, I think I’ve said everything I wanna say with this album.

FOOD

I love food. It’s awesome traveling and experiencing all these different flavors. The food in Romania was insane! They have this Eastern European touch but they also have the Mediterranean influence in food and architecture that just makes everything way more awesome. I’ve never had cheeses so fresh in my life!

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 IMG_2035-1

In Sweden, I always go to this place called Helsans Hus. They have all sorts of Yoga classes and awesome groups but the most important thing is that they have this restaurant Hermans which is this vegan place but you really don’t feel like you’re missing out on anything munching on their epic lasagne + amazing salads and desserts. I also love their little tea corner and outside patio with cozy blankets by the sea, overlooking the whole Stockholm.
Make sure u go if u’re ever around that neck of the woods:)

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 IMG_2066
Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 Hrms

Eating out all the time is nice but there really is nothing I love more than spending a few solid days in my favorite place in the world – my house. I burn some incence, make new outfits, read books, write music and do simple things to relax – like cleaning. I love cleaning and cooking. It’s so nice and simple. Lately I haven’t had any time to be on my own and just hang out at home so when I can…I feel so good..makes me wanna purrrrrr.

Some home made quinoa with cashews, tofu and vegetables anyone? Straight out of my BubbleGoth kitchen:)

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 IMG_2134

INSPIRATION

I went to Estonia for one day while in Europe. Didn’t have enough time to see everyone I wanted to see but went over to my grandparents house.
My grandparents are amazing. My grandfather was my first singing teacher. He’s a musician and now that he’s retired, he writes music all day. He even has built himself a little recording studio in his house. He’s like 75. How dope is it that he’s so passionate? I never totally understood him but the older I get I see how he’s probably the person in my family who I get my love for music from.
My grandmother is also one incredible lady. She’s highly sensitive and has always been psychic and had dreams about future events. Because of how the country is, she has never fully embraced it but I’ve always felt a very strong connection with her and I think she is a lot of where I get my sensitivity from.
A couple of years ago she started painting. She always wanted to paint but had kids and a job and never had the time for it. Now when she has all the time in the world, all she does is paint. In their house, there is no wall that is not covered by her art and every time I go over, she has gotten so much better than she was the last time.
I almost got 2 paintings of roses she had done which would have fit so well into my anime/rocknroll/shabby chic place but she changed her mind and said she’d wanna do even better ones. Getting them in August:)

here’s one wall of their house:

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 IMG_2046-1

I also had some Italian food in Chicago cause I did a little stop there before coming back from Europe and the waitress had this tattoo on her arm:

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 IMG_2124

It is so true.
I used to be an awful girlfriend cause I was looking for love in some other place than within me. It never worked. One can not truly love anyone else if they don’t love themselves.
Being in a relationship is about walking on a similar path, growing at the same pace and if that’s not the case, one should be brave enough to let go for the sake of themselves and for the other person. There is no reason why we shouldn’t be happy. We’ve got such little time here on earth.

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 IMG_2131

GETTING READY FOR THE SAN FRAN PRIDE:

Rehearsing at my besties house (feel bad for the neighbors cause we like to rock out late) and sewing, gluing…u know…the whole thing.

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 IMG_2136

What have you guys been up to/feeling/thinking?

love,
k
Natt
Natt

http://kerliland.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 Empty Re: Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3

Post by MaryCourage Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:59 am

That first sentence ad my heart racing! Is it really that close to a release date? wiie : ))
MaryCourage
MaryCourage

http://soundcloud.com/marycourage

Back to top Go down

Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3 Empty Re: Where I’ve been to, What I’ve seen<3

Post by javieljones Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:17 am

^^ First bit made me spaz a bit as well <3 So excited.
javieljones
javieljones

http://www.myspace.com/javieljones

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:11 am

She is so insightful. And all that food looks delicious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:14 am

Is that tarot cards on the first picture on the edge of the table? Interesting that she incorporates some magic in her music. Makes a big difference in my opinion, since many songs are kinda empty these days.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:07 am

I assumed they were her angel cards, but I don't know much about either tarot cards or angel cards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragdoll*Bunny Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 am

^ Ah ok I see now. I forgot she has a deck.

Ragdoll*Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Krissy Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:34 pm

That's very nice.

Krissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum